Return to Ravnica (M:TG) Interest gauge and brainstorming

Okay. For those familiar with the trading card game Magic: The Gathering, you may know of one of the planes called Ravnica, the City of Guilds. For those not, I have some reading for you.

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Ravnica

In short, it's a sliver of the Multiverse where-in the five aspects of Magic have been married into ten combinations of two, each with their own philosphies and hopes and dreams and ways of killing their fellow man. Or in this case, pony. Exactly how many of you folks would be interested in this kind of setting? For that matter, what would our goals be aside from getting hammered on cider and trying not to kill our fellow pony for one stinking night? I think I'm just unfamiliar with "Slice of Life" RP.

But yeah, who's in?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not super familiar with the Ravnica plane as I started playing towards the end of Mirroden Besieged but I wouldn't mind being part of it. Will the cast be following the actual planeswalkers or will we be creating out own? If so I wouldn't mind being Jace or Sorin.

Wait so if this is using the clans then could i posibly be a part of the Izzet League?

If that's one of the guilds, I believe so. Also, I'm pretty much a beginner in M:TG, but I've done fairly well be green/red.

If that's one of the guilds, I believe so. Also, I'm pretty much a beginner in M:TG, but I've done fairly well be green/red.

I bet you run an aggro deck right?

Werewolves and a few BIG creatures, like ghoultree. I just kinda threw the red and green decks together then chipped away the excess cards. I think I also have a Blighted Steel in there that I acquired recently in a trade.

Definitely during the guild pact. It might make for some interesting situations on the side, perhaps something out of Romeo and Juliet...eh, maybe I'm getting all too mushy about it.

Nonsense! I already like the idea of two star crossed lovers kept apart not only by family but by politics and philosophies and magic itself.

It's beautiful for an old softy like me! It should take place on common ground to start off! Where all ten can converge! On the anniversary of the guild pact itself! Yes!