Servante [Ready]

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Servante

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: Teal Blue ([colour=#367588]#367588[/colour])

Coat: Vanilla ([colour=#f3e5ab]#F3E5AB[/colour])

Mane/Tail: Sunglow. ([colour=#ffcc33]#FFCC33[/colour]) It flattens out on the top, and as it goes down the neck, curves toward the muzzle. Her tail also curves inward.

Physique: Somewhat pudgy, with slightly short legs.

Residence: Canterlot

Cutie Mark: A upside down black top hat with a magician's wand emerged from the hat.

Cutie Mark Story: Her interest for magic began when she found a magic set during a visit to her uncle's house. Servante was interested with all the magic tricks hidden inside the magic set. You could "create" object out of nowhere, or do the reverse; making things disappear into nothingness. You could even predict what another pony is thinking.

She got her cutie mark when she did magic tricks for her school's final trimester show. She did all kinds of tricks; card levitation, restoring destroyed objects such as paper, and moving objects in seemingly impossible conditions. (such as "teleporting" an object through a wall or shelf) After completing all the magic tricks she needs to perform, Servante got her cutie mark. It was actually not obtained from one major magic trick, however; the acquisition of her cutie mark contributed by successfully performing her tricks. In a way, it was also an ideal talent; the magic tricks looked impossible or supernatural- unless you know the secret behind it.

History: Despite Servante living in Canterlot for quite some time, she was born and lived part of her foalhood in the suburbs of Fillydelphia (east of the city.) Servante had two parents, along with a younger brother. Her name was a term for magicians as a hidden box or pouch behind a table, which is widely used for magic tricks.

Her life changed its course when there was a recommendation to a school in Canterlot. It offered higher quality education and facilities, which was more than enough for Servante's parents to have positive thoughts about it. Her parents signed the letter and sent Servante to Canterlot (along with a dormitory room for herself) , and a few days later, Servante was on a train to Canterlot, alone. She looked out from her window only once before departure, silently waving goodbye to her parents and brother, and then shutting the world outside with the curtains.

As she arrived at Canterlot, Servante was greeted with bright building and calmness. The whole place seemed fit for a rich pony, and was paradise. She put down her luggage at her apartment as fast as she can and rushed out the door, eager to explore the whole city.

Now, she is a resident of Canterlot, and she is living a better quality life than she was before, at least in her opinion. She was welcomed by the residents, and was able to adapt to the more luxurious life in Canterlot, despite not being rich herself. Shehe often feels a bit lonely about her parents (and younger brother) back home, however, and once in a while writes letters back home.

Character Summary: Servante has a good talent for doing magic tricks, or creating illusions. She is able to create her own simple gadgets or machines to do her gimmicks. She is also good at acting- an essential trait for doing "magic" and keeping them secret.

Along with illlusionary magic, Servante also likes chocolate, jigsaw puzzles, and her pet tarantula, Crawlie, in which she uses for her tricks. (Surprisingly, no pony has squished him yet, though Servante does get a lot of screams.) She dislikes cucumber, because she thinks it has a terrible taste. She also hates criticism. In her leisure time she performs magic, listen to public music performances or orchestras, or go to the theaters to watch a movie.

Servante is a misfit in society, usually categorized as "geeky". She is self-aware that she is different from others. She often has problems with "reading" other ponies, and has her own rituals, such as eating on the same diner on the same table, or licking the frosting off a cake or cupcake before biting into it. (Despite these traits, ponies seem to accept her for what she is.) Even though she can't put herself in some pony else's hooves and usually jumps into conclusions, she dislikes stereotyping others ignorantly. Sometimes Servante can't take jokes or sarcasm very well, and is blind to body language. In fact, the negative traits in her personality is the reason why ponies misunderstand or dislike her. Servante isn't all bad, however. She is usually cautious, and though it looks pessimistic, prepares for the worst. She usually stays calm with a severe problem, and isn't overrun by emotions, but instead attempt to solve the problem. She also tries to see the smaller details in something rather than the big picture, and tries to do to most contribution or the most challenging work.

If you were to describe her with an object, it is her room herself that describes her best. On the outside, she looks the same as other, typical ponies, though in the interior the furniture and household items are decorated on one side, while the opposite side is virtually bare. This strange appearance is equal to Servante's personality.

Usually whenever she does her magic tricks, it is shown as a performance rather than an imitation to unicorn magic. She sometimes disproves this by doing tricks that are not feasible by unicorn magic (for example, performing tricks involving herself.)

She also has phasmophobia, or fear of ghosts.

Picture of Servante:

servante.jpg

Edited by TehBbqdPizza

Hi there. :)

Hmm... I really have to wonder if conventional magic tricks would really impress ponies all that much in a world with real magic. Canterlot has probably a bigger unicorn population than anywhere. This really makes me wonder how well her act would be received there. I guess maybe there'd be some draw in seeing an earth pony do "magic" but I dunno. Seems kinda odd to me. Perhaps you could explain more about her act and how it works for her?

Beyond that, I kind of question the name. What is it supposed to mean for the character? It's the French word for servant, but that certainly doesn't seem to match the character. Is there something else I'm missing for it?

I also think you might be going too far with the other ponies bullying her and disliking her. Equestria is a happy and accepting place. Sure, we still have your occasional Diamond Tiaras around to make things difficult at times, but you seem to lay on the dark and unpleasant a little too heavy at the start there. I'd tone it down some to better match the light tone of both the show and the WoE RP setting.

Other than that, it's looking pretty good. Hopefully we can stamp it soon. :)

I'm still keeping it open, I just don't have the time to edit it out. I'll try to do it as soon as I can.

Beyond that, I kind of question the name. What is it supposed to mean for the character? It's the French word for servant, but that certainly doesn't seem to match the character. Is there something else I'm missing for it?

"Her name was a term for magicians as a hidden box or pouch behind a table, which is widely used for magic tricks."

Its on the first paragraph of the history section. But still, if it's because of the name, I can change it.

For the backstory, I will change it if I have the chance.

Ah, guess I missed that line when I read through the app... and neither my dictionary or Google returned anything like that when I searched for it on my own. :P

I do see what you were going for when I search it as it relates to magic though, and as such I'd say it's perfectly fine. Good luck with the rest of the edits. ;)

Hi! We've discussed this character some more and feel that it needs some development, as there are certain things that need clarification or changing to be compatible with our game. Please bear in mind that any feedback you get about this charcter is not personal; she's quite lovely and just needs a few changes before she'll be ready for approval.

Sometimes her unusual actions scared other ponies and drove them away

Servante is a misfit in society, usually categorized as "geeky" due to her unusual gait and that other ponies can't relate to her actions.

In fact, the negative traits in her personality is the reason why ponies misunderstand or dislike her.

I've highlighted these sentences as they're all saying the same kind of thing--they're emphasizing how others fear, judge and dislike the character for who she is. We don't really feel that this is in the spirit of FIM or the WoE RP. Equestria should be a welcoming place that accepts ponies who are different. Moreover, how other ponies feel about about your character is really outside the scope of what your application should focus on. The focus should always be on who the character herself is.

Additionally, you have a similar but not completely related problem with this line:

had to stop using rabbits for her magic tricks since ponies considered pulling a rabbit is animal abuse

This is introducing lore beyond the scope of the application. If anything animals are shown to be more sentient and capable of understanding ponies than they are in real life with humans and would be willing to cooperate with things like tricks without the need for any kind of abuse.

In all, the focus of your application should be more squarely on who your character is and not as much on what others think or how they react. With some tweaking this application should be ready to approve. :)

I've highlighted these sentences as they're all saying the same kind of thing--they're emphasizing how others fear, judge and dislike the character for who she is. We don't really feel that this is in the spirit of FIM or the WoE RP. Equestria should be a welcoming place that accepts ponies who are different. Moreover, how other ponies feel about about your character is really outside the scope of what your application should focus on. The focus should always be on who the character herself is.

No problem. I'll try remove or replace that part.