An accidental meeting (Andifferous, TheQueenOfMars)

Andifferous

"No way. Not going to have it. You're my guest so you get the bed.....of course the bed is big enough for two..." Ember would pause as she put the dishes away, thinking for a moment. "We could share....I don't snore...or at least I don't think I do..and I don't sleep-cast......so, no random explosions in the middle of the night." The unicorn would blush softly hoping she didn't seem too forward. She just didn't want her guest sleeping on the couch.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dusty shook his head ."No no no..." He said chuckling a little as he stood there. "I wouldn't feel right taking your bed away from you. Besides, I don't know if we... know each other quite well enough to share a bed just yet." he said, blushing a little at the idea as well. "I mean, thank you for the offer, but really, you can have the bed. I've slept on far worse than a couch." he said, trotting to the living room.

"Oh, come on it'd be like a sleepover.." Ember would blush at Dusty's remark before narrowing her eyes and trotting after him, breaking into a slight canter as she pushed ahead of Dusty, plopping down on the couch, grinning smugly. "Whoops. Guess you have to use my bed now. Looks like the couch is taken." As she spoke, the mare would deliberately stretch out on the long couch as far as she could, her eyes narrowed and a smirk playing on her face, sure that the pegasus would cave in.

Dusty frowned a bit as she pushed by him to take the couch first. "drat." He said with a frown, though it was clear he was fighting a smirk. "Yeah guess I will have to take that bed upstairs then," he said. "Maybe sharing isn't such a bad idea." he said with a shrug, making his way for the stairs.

"Hahaha yeah I guess I'll have to sleep on the couch." Ember would grin, closing her eyes as she listened to Dusty walking towards the stairs. As he spoke, she would nod in agreement before replying. "Yeah, sharing isn't a bad idea after all. guess I was ri-......wait, what?" The mare's eyes would pop open as she bolted upright from the couch, trotting after him with a deep blush spreading across her cheeks. "Hey, hold on there, what did you day? You're fine with sharing the bed now? You sure? Cause I can sleep on the couch if you're not.."

Dusty nodded, smiling a bit as he moved to let her lead the way up to the bedroom, waiting till she was halfway up the stairs before bolting for the couch, flapping his wings rapidly to give himself an extra push, leaving behind a faint trail of the fine dust that always seemed to accumulate in his coat and feathers.

HA! Got it!" he shouted triumphantly as he flopped onto the old soft couch.

"HEY!!! YOU LITTLE SNEAK!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR!!" Frowning, Ember would turn around, leaping down the stairs and darting onto the living room, making sure not to land on Dusty as she plopped down on the old couch as well. Immediately, Ember would extend her hooves, trying to push the pegasus off of the couch as she grunted, feeling him let his body become dead weight. "Darnit, you get your butt right on up those stairs and into my bed!! I will not let you sleep on this couch!!! Now, move it!!!" Her cheeks would turn bright red as she blushed, struggling against the stallion's body as he stayed perfectly still.

Now even more frustrated, Ember would blush a deeper red as she let out a loud 'hmph!' giving up on her efforts to remove the stallion from said couch as she instead would make herself comfy, her hooves crossed over her chest as she blew a raspberry to Dusty. "I'm not moving and you can't get me to....." Ember would sit there in silence for a moment before an idea struck her. Grinning deviously, the mare would focus her attention on the stallion besides her as her horn would become surrounded by a burnt orange aura. Narrowing her eyes, she'd focus her energy and magic powers to attempt to lift the pegasus from the couch.

Dusty was slowly coming down from his laughing, "Okay fine then. guess we're both stuck down here then." he said. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes before the unfamiliar tingling of magic over his body brought him back to awareness. "hey, what the!?" He stammered, flailing a bit as he was lifted into the air, having a hard time maintaining balance in the magic field. His flailing resulted in him slowly beginning to rotate at an awkward angle.

Grinning, Ember would slowly stand up from the couch as she used every bit of her energy and focus to keep the pegasus levitated in the air. Once she was at least somewhat sure she could carry him up the stairs, she would make her way towards her room, her magic holding out just enough to drop Dusty atop her bed before she plopped down on the floor, exhausted. "hhh....hhh......now stay here...." Ember would pant softly, slowly rising to her feet as she went to make her way downstairs.

Dusty frowned and crossed his forehooves defiantly as she carried him, depositing him roughly on the big, soft bed. "Yeesh. I guess there's no arguing with you." he said, before looking over to her. "Are you alright?" he asked, not getting an answer as she went downstairs. With a shrug he flopped backward onto the bed, thinking to himself.

Once Ember had made her way downstairs, the mare would flop onto the couch, exhausted and chuckling to herself that she finally won "Mmmhh now to get some sleep...a victory slumber well earned..." Yawning, Ember would stretch out on the soft, old couch, closing her eyes as she would relax, waiting for the sandmare to come and grant her a peaceful night's sleep.

Dusty waited for a while, dozing lightly as he lay in the bed. Finally certain that she was fast asleep, he quietly sat up, gently flapping his wings and gliding downstairs. With as much gentle care and precision as he could muster he gently set himself down on the couch next to her, trying very hard not to wake her. Satisfied with himself, he got comfy on the half of the couch that she hadn't taken and slowly started to drift off.

Morning would come as Ember would slowly wake up to the soft sound of breathing as well as the feel of a wing wrapped around her. At first, the mare was too sleepy to realize what had happened, but once she opened her eyes, she would realize she was muzzle to muzzle with the pegasus, and had probably been all night. "Errk! Oh, jeez!! Dusty, why aren't you in my bed!?!" Ember would sit up slowly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she blushed deeply. "I carried you upstairs...."

Dusty started away by Ember in his face, talking loudly. He shook his head a bit, taking a few minutes to register her question. "Oh um... I waited for a bit then came back down." he said with a slight chuckle. "Sorry we must've gotten a bit... friendly in the night." He blushed a little, folding up his wings awkwardly. "I still say you shouldn't have to sleep on the couch just for my sake."

"It's no biggie.....it was actually kind of...cute to wake up to,....surprising and rather startling...but cute." Ember gave a smile as she stretched before shaking her head. "I insist though..you're my guest and therefore get access to my bed. I'm fine with sleeping on this old couch. I've often times passed out here after trying to work on things." Ember would blush, seeing the pegasus do so as well. "Well, I'm pretty sure we didn't do anything too crazy, so yeah...how about some breakfast?" She'd grin, sitting upright as she tried to change topic.

"Maybe we could trade off or something." Dusty suggested, standing up and stretching. He groaned a bit as he felt the joints in his wings and back pop in a satisfying way. "Ugh... yeah, breakfast sounds good to me." he said with a nod. With a grunt he shook his head, trying to clear away the last vestiges of sleep and properly wake himself up.

"What sounds good?" Ember would ask with a yawn, making her way back into the kitchen as she used her magic to peer through the various cupboards and drawers for ingredients. "I could go for pancakes..or waffles....something..." She'd yawn again, grabbing several different things from the fridge and cabinets before getting numerous different skillets and frying pans out from below the sink. "gotta eat up for today....we have a large order to fill..."

"We do?" he asked, coming into the kitchen and taking a seat at the table. "What sort of order?" He still seemed a touch unsure about making explosives. "Also whatever you're having is fine, I'm not picky." He mused on what they could be making, hoping that it was at the very least something simple. That would at least be harder to screw up. He was certain he'd likely mess up if asked to make something particularly complex.

"A whole shipment of smaller fireworks...high-altitude, but small in size....of course the designs for the stars are a bit complex but it won't be too bad!" Ember would grin as she began to throw together a magnificent and huge breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, juice milk and whatever else she could find in the house. "Think you're up for it?" She'd hum to herself as she cooked, piecing the meal together rather quickly as she brought back two heaping plates, two bowls of fruit and four glasses of drinks.

"Good grief this is a huge breakfast." He said, looking at the massive spread before them, at least enough for two more ponies. "Well as long as I end up doing the simpler ones I should be alright." Dusty said after a bit of thought, starting to munch away on his food. He gave her a smile, before noticing Razzle giving him the most sad and pathetic look the little dog could muster. "...oh fine." he said rolling his eyes, handing over a strip of bacon.

Razzle would instead, dart past the piece of bacon which was held out and go directly for the large pile of bacon on the pegasus' plate, munching happily as Ember sat down, giving the husky a look. "Yeah, she does that to any visitors.....and me...mainly me." Ember would give a chuckle, giving up a few pieces of bacon from her own plate as she noshed happily. "Simple ones are only a small part...gonna need your help for pretty much everything and......SWEET CELESTIA IT'S ALREADY 10:34 WE'RE LATE ALREADY!!!! Using her magic to lift up the pegasus and the plates of food, and unintentially Razzle, Ember would dart through the door to the shop, frantically looking about for what was needed to be completed first.

• 4 weeks later...

*Due to decisions to restructure the forum and trim unneeded sections, the Private RP Forum will soon be removed. As such, recently active RP threads in this section have been moved to the sections in the WoE we deemed to be the best fit for them. If you would prefer your thread be moved to another section in WoE, or to a Free RP section, please contact a moderator and we will be happy to move it as you desire.*

~Canterlot.com staff.

• 1 year later...

Dusty was about to protest the sudden devouring of his breakfast before Ember's sudden exclamation caught his attention. He had just enough time to stand up before her magic suddenly enveloped him. Once again he was akwardly yanked along, trying hard to avoid doorframes and shelves as he was propelled through the air against his wishes. He gave an akward glance at Razzle, who still seemed focused on eating Dusty's breakfast before he could, then back at Ember.

"You know i'm more than willing to help out..."

Archived