A Ponies and Dragons omake: Hearth's Warming (Check OCC thread!)

Kirby Krackle

Early morning in Canterlot. Curtain Call slept right through it. He snored over the chirping birds, pulled the blinds over Celestia's sun and was generally dead to the world around him. Neither the dainty steps of the wait-staff or Ironmane's thunderous stomps even budged him. Despite the fact that his positioning was terrible and his back would ache once conscious, this good night's sleep was very much needed. There was no cursing or hooting or hollering or downstairs violence or frozen air leaking in to torment him. Yep, he could stay like this well until the sun went down again. But were those pancakes he smelled?

"Fine. M'up. Razzafrazzinlilstoop'dwhadayacallit... sun..."

One hoof on the carpet. It was a start. Five minutes passed, and then another hoof. Halfway there. Seven more minutes and he basically threw the top half of him to meet the bottom. His reward for slouching for eleven hours was, once all four hooves were where they belonged, was one loud crunch in his back that, probably the entire house could hear. If they didn't, they certainly heard "GAH!" His next reward was one doozy of a limp, his spine now on strike for repeated abuse. He lurched forward, still half asleep, motivated only by base desires (see: pancakes), going by nose along because he had no idea where the kitchen was.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Princesses are benevolent indeed!" The unicorn soundeed positively delighted. "Unless I am very much mistaken, the group you seek are my friends, and I was just returning to our gathering place." The big mare dropped into a practiced but ungraceful bow. "I am Ironmane, of the Order of Princess Platinum, Master Razor Wind, and I am very much pleased to be at your service. Would you do me the honor of joining my friends and me for breakfast this fine morning at the home of my good friend, Bramble Rose?"

Razor's smiled widened further at the news; by the Princesses did he get lucky! He returned the bow with an honorable (if a bit hardy looking) bow of his own. "Well I certainly timed my arrival right! It's an honor to meet you, Ironmane; you look like a powerful fighter indeed." He was positively beaming; both with a bit of star-struck and from -finally- meeting somepony polite and not too high strung to associate with 'a civally inept barbarian.'

Truth be told the village Razor chose to settle down in before coming here was not inhabitated by the stereotypical sword wielding, blood thirsty maniacs that he seemed to be compared to. While it was no question personal strength in battle was a mark of status in many ways, it was the joy of kinship and sharing adventure with one.another that he grew up thriving on, while also emphasizing honorable and kind behavior towards those who have done nothing to be deserving of the contrary.

But! No time to think of such things. For as he thought the tall mare was inviting him.on the spot to join the rest of the heroes for the holiday, and that joyous smile just brightened all the more; Razor having to stop himself from spreading his wings and doing an airborn backflip in excitement.

"Miss Ironmane, I'd be a fool to turn down such an offer! Please, lead the way; I'm eager to meet the rest of your powerful companions!"

Ali yawned and blinked her eyes a few times in the morning sunlight. She felt steamy air around her, accompanied by the sound of a tub being filled. Indeed, turning her head revealed a house worker preparing a bath for her. She thanked the woman and took a long, lazy bath, the warmth penetrating her to the core after enduring such a cold winter in their adventures. When the water started to chill, she sighed and got out, carefully drying and putting on the robe left for her. She suddenly regretted that she hadn't brought any items with her, but when she left her home, she wasn't sure she'd be staying here.

When she opened the bedroom door, she was slapped in the face with the smell of hot breakfast. She followed the noise of hustle and bustle to the dining area, where she found Curtain and Bramble. "G'Morning fellas. Man, I slept like an Ursa."

"Good morning everypony!" Ironmane's voice rang out. She rounded the corner to the dining room. "My dear friends, allow me the honor of introducing Master Razor Wind, late of the outer lands, come to Canterlot this glorious day seeking none other than our humble company!"

Raz rounded the corner with the brown-red unicorn, a prideful and joyous smile practically nailed onto his muzzle as he was introduced by the great sized pony.. And his bright yellow eyes gave a bit of a blink. He beheld a group of three ponies already at a table laced with (quite delicious smelling) breakfast foods, though the three ponies sitting at it were.. Not -quite- what he expected. The earth pony looked slightly disheveled (though if the Pegasus had to guess it was probably due to waking up.. Seemed most of the group here was fighting off morning drowziness). He was surprised to see a fellow Pegasus here though, one of similar color even! And finally his eyes laid on.. Wait, was that a little filly unicorn at the table? He probably looked for a bit longer then intended before if dawned on him; no it wasn't a filly, this purple unicorn was just.. Small! Quite small indeed.

A slight feeling of confusion hit Raz's mind as he inspected the unlikely looking group of heroes... But then he mentally slapped himself. How could he be so shallow! Looks do not completely define a pony, much less ones of such reknown and praise. Of course they woudlnt look godly and heroic all the time anyway! It'd be a direct threat to anypony that wished them harm, or thought ill of their selfless acts; humility can save somepony's life after all! (or at least this was all the rationalizing the warrior pegasus was making in the span of a few seconds.)

Once again he gave that strong bow, his chain armor rattling with his movements, "Greetings, heroes! I've heard quite a lot about you from my fellows in my home village." he gave a thankful nod to Ironmane and trotted into the room, that bright smile still on his face. "You may not know this but the foul wizard you did away with was troubling my village and abducting my friends for a long time now, and after word of his defeat reached us the whole place erupted into songs and stories of praise!"

Oh Celestia, he wasetting into his story-telling mode, his eyes shining brighter as he began to retell the heroic tales spread throughout his home, "The stories tell of a powerful group of heroes, all varied in strength and masters of their chosen paths," he waved a hoof before him in an arch motion, as if beginning an epic story of a mythical time, "A powerful and attuned druidic unicorn, who could bend the laws of nature to his whim with but a stomp of his hoof! Bringing the land itself alive with a spiteful vengeance against the dark wizard," his head turned to look around at each pony before him, "They tell also of a master of stealth and discretion, whose form would seemingly melt into the shadows he hid in, prowling and residing in the darkness itself, using it to mask his precise strikes!" his gaze moved to Tornado Ali, how was he accurately looking at the ponies he was about to speak about when he'd never met them? Most likely just silly and dumb luck, "Among them as well was a winged practitioner of a more divine power, channeling the power of her chosen god through her movements and aiding her allies with the will of the divines themselves," and then he turned to gaze upward at Ironmane; this one he was -sure- he knew was the paladin of the tale and so continued, "and finally, a unicorn wielding a divine power similar to that of her Pegasus companion, but this one used her greater size and strength to send the will of her chosen diety straight into her enemy's ranks; bringing about righteous judgement upon the twisted and evil powers of the world."

With that, he was finished; his eyes practically illuminating his face with the excited shine they portrayed. Though as the adrenaline wore off the young warrior he blinked once and took a look around him.. An embarrassed smile on his face as he raised a hoof to rub at the back of his neck. "Ahem.. Forgive me I.. Tend to get a little overly excited when I speak of stories. It's a habit of mine." he bowed again, "I hope you can forgive my eagerness, heroes."

Bramble smiled as Curtain stumbled into the kitchen, looking like Bramble had felt last night ... or earlier this morning, whichever. He smiled at his rumpled friend. "Good morning, my friend! I hope you found the third guest room all right? I apologize, I had intended to direct you, but I seemed to have misplaced the backs of my eyelids and spent all night looking for them!"

He chuckled at Curtain's unintelligible responses, guiding him to a comfortable cushion at the kitchen table. "I don't think we're going to lure him to the dining room, all the smells are coming from here. If you wanted to bring him a mug of coffee, I'm sure he'd be eternally indebted."

He snagged another tidbit of roast potatoes, dodging Ma Custard's swatting spoon. "Oh, you are lovely in the morning, my dear!" he said to the grey-haired old pony, who swatted at him again for his flirting, but with the rhythm of something they'd fondly done for years.

He heard the door and stepped past Curtain as he heard the step of a hoof just outside the kitchen, and there came Ali. "Ah, the scents are surely waking the whole house!" he said happily. "Ali, so glad to see you! So sorry for having been so spacy last night, welcome to my home, and welcome to breakfast! All we need do is hope for Ironmane to wake, and we'll all be here!"

"Oh, um, Master Bramble, Miss Ironmane has already woken and stepped out. She said she would be back, but she needed to deliver some funds to her monastery," murmured Feather Duster quietly.

"Haha, of course. She would rise with the sun, wouldn't she?" he grinned. "Well, my parents should also be down soon, and who knows when she'll be-"

He heard the front door close. "Oh, lovely! And here we gather!" He started pouring orange juice for everypony as the door opened. His eyes opened in surprise as he saw a new pegasus walk in, along with Ironmane. Who was this dashing stallion? It couldn't be a coltfriend, could it? She'd surely have said something! Why was he staring at Bramble like that? Bramble fidgeted self-consciously, momentarily at a loss for words. In the momentary quiet moment, Ma Custard finally set down a great mug of hot coffee before Curtain Call, along with the sugarbowl and a small dish of heavy cream.

Then he continued to be at a loss at the rush of eager description. It took a little bit of time to figure out exactly what he was talking about, but it didn't take long. He smiled warmly, and nodded his head. "Ah, but so glad to meet you, neighbor! You seem to be a long way from home. But don't forget an important fifth to our group, my good friend Thorn Blossom! A powerful creature of nature itself, staunch ally to stop those things which oppose the natural order of friendship and magic!"

At this, a great wooden paw settled lightly down on Raz's shoulder, and when he turned his head he'd see a great big thorny grin on the massive timberwolf's face, before a viney tongue slurped across his face, leaving a broad trail of syrupy tree sap and pine needles on one cheek.

Curtain Call awoke again (having nodded off at the table) to a series of noises that he could only identify as from the middle of a war zone. The roar of the fire, the clash of steel against steel and the buzzing chatter of a thousand shrill and unpleasant noises. It was cacaphony. It was chaos. And, at this particular moment in time, Curtain Call wished for nothing more than to fill with knives everything and everypony that was intent on torturing his poor ear drums. In fact, from the one of his eyes that wasn't twitching, he could make out a small sampling of knives in front of him. Fortuitous. He especially liked the long one with the serrated edge. It must have tasted much blood over the years, he assumed, not knowing in his current state that it was supposed to be for bagels. He went onto imagine how much the little purple blob would scream when he began cutting. As much as the light blue one? Maybe. Oh, the big red one would be a howler, he assumed. That one would get the daintily curved knife with not one point, but two. How brutal (for citrus fruits). She (all knives are shes) had a good balance to her, he discovered now that his hoof was complete again. He flourished his new tool one for good measure, then took aim for the center mass of little purple.

But what's this presented before him? Radiant heat beckoned him closer. The fragrance of roasted nuts welcomed him. The taste was-

Oh, goodness. Morning already? A good one to you, Bramble! And to, ahem, I don't think we've been properly introduced.” His mane he assumed was atrocious and proceeded to slick it back as much as possible before turning on the charm for the old mare who introduced herself as Ma Custard. “Curtain Call. At your service and ever so grateful for the welcome to your beautiful home.

Before he could kiss her hoof to really overact, there suddenly arose the need to make yet more introductions. Another blue Pegasus. Was the team starting a collection? The thought of dressing as one to throw the other two off guard was an amusing one, but he placed it on the back burner for now. This not-yet-a-character needed a name and back story.

He listened intently to the fanfare the little entourage received, all the while pretending his coffee was far more interesting. The corner of his eye meanwhile examined much of the eager stallion, making a few deductions based on his mannerisms and style of dress and et cetera et cetera. He even let his friends get a word or two in, looking for just the right opening. Ah. There it is.

Showtime.

Well well well, it seems our reputation far precedes us! We are indeed the heroes you sought out, top to bottom. Though it seems you don't have any names to attach to our”, ahem, “daring do. So allow me be the first... well, second to shake your hoof and welcome you, fair traveler! My name is Bramble Rose.”

((Bluff +9001))

RAzor's eyes turned toward the large, wooden paw on his shoulder and flinches ever so slightly at the sudden lick to his face. Well, that was unexpected, but nothing that would get the pegasus down on this occasion! He chuckled a bit and nodded up to the large timberwolf, "Well its a pleasure to meet you as well, Thorn Blossom." his wings fluttered gently at his sides with a bit of idleness; turning back toward the group as another voice spoke up. This one coming from the somewhat disheveled looking pony, though this one spoke with an air of the thespian about him; obviously a pony who was skilled at giving a performance, which led the pegasus to believe that this was the 'dashing and mysterious' rogue he'd heard so much about. A name was soon given, and while it was in truth a -blatant- lie (and the rogue should feel very ashamed to be confusing a newcomer! Tsk tsk) Razor had no knowledge of the group before hand and simply took the name as fact. He smiled widely and bowed again, "Well then, a pleasure to make your aquiantance then, Bramble." he turns to the other two, the little purple unicorn and the light blue pegasus, "And what might your names be?"

Now, Curtain Call has greeted enough strangers with 'Pick a Card' to know when his fabrications fall flat. Surely the stories Razor has been told involved physical descriptions but, amazingly, he bought it. Was this a case of 'I know you know'? Let's find out. The look on Bramble's face made it worth the trouble. And the half dozen ponies ready to call him out on all this nonsense.

"My befuddled little friend here", he went on to explain with a warm but not yet sleazy grin stretched across his face, "is Curtain Call. That 'master of stealth' you mentioned earlier. You'll have to forgive his shyness. He doesn't get very talkative unless he's 'in character', as it were. But let me tell you something. Personal level." He pulled the visitor in close and began to (stage) whisper, as if to spare little 'Curtain's' feelings. "It's the compactness of the guy. Makes him practically invisible. He could hide in a suitcase if he wanted. In fact, I've heard some rumors about that one particular caper. No details, though. He's very hush hush about the whole thing, but I've heard rumors." And now to be honest for once. The whisper was off, too. "That being said, I couldn't ask for a better partymate or a better friend, for that matter." And now to lie again. "Good things and poison come in small packages."

Razor's eyes momentarily turned toward the little purple unicorn as the (actual) Bramble began to speak up, before the wily and sneaky rogue swooped in to snag the joke back before it was ruined. Truly this farce was getting out of hand, though to the warrior pegasus he didn't seen anything strange at all! That is until he was pulled in to hear more of the hushed details of 'Curtain's' sneaky antics.. Razor blinked a moment but nodded, "Well, uh, I see!" he was already beginning to have doubts. The pony he'd heard of who practically lived and breathed in the shadows was compact, yes, though not to such a degree that one could easily mistake him for a filly.. not only that, but he was said to carry an air of dread about him as if death itself stalked with him, working through his deft blade work in place of the reaping scythe. Still, once again, Raz found himself willing to give more chances.. these ponies were heroes after all, they had to be worthy of such praise!

Bramble started to catch onto the joke, but his mane bristled at Curtain's embellishments. "Hey, I'm not THAT small!" he protested, his neck straightening, lifting his chin so that his horntip extended his height just a little bit more. Ma Custard and Feater Duster both gave out a soft little giggle, as if they'd heard it all before.

And a heavy hoof fell on Curtain's shoulder as a tall, blue stallion with a chiseled jaw smiled down to him. "Curtain Call, eh? I believe I've heard that name before." The stallion had a cutie mark of a spiky desert plant, and was casually dressed in a tossed-on black sarape with a brass star pinned to the chest, a white cowboy hat perched atop his mess of a green mane. "A right talkative sort, though, from what ah heard, able t'pull th' wool over the eyes of whole towns. Steal their roads out from under 'em an' talk 'em into haulin' half th' dirt themselves."

Behind him, a delicate mare slipped in, her wine-red mane elgantly coifed, her off-white coat impeccably brushed. She wasn't wearing anything except a pair of dangling red earrings and a simple locket of the sort that usually opens to show photos, and on her flank was a coiled scroll with a wine-red ribbon tied around it. She just smiled indulgently and headed over to Ma Custard to murmur a soft 'good morning' and receive a cup of steaming tea.

"By the Sisters. You steal a town's dirt once and you never hear the end of it." To top things off, he added a melodramatic sigh and roll of the eyes at the end. Was it over the top? You bet. But it helped to mask the fact that the vicious and slimy fugitive that lives inside Curtain Call's head was sweating enough arrows to blot out the sun. How could you be so careless, he shouted. So ignorant! So apple-bucking stupid! How could you possibly have not just walked into, but slept overnight in the house of a sheriff?! Run! Get out of there, stupid! Run before everything you've worked for goes up in smoke for ten to twenty! Outwardly meanwhile, the rogue's hooves may have shaken a bit at the sight of this stallion's shining star. He had no idea who this lawpony was and could only assume a sting operation or similar worse case scenario nonsense. He wished he had his bag on him. But alas, only words.

"Joking joking joking! You've all caught me! Yes, I'm Curtain Call. The little guy, who is a darn good sport about the whole briefcase thing, is Bramble Rose." A playful front leg was thrown around the Unicorn's shoulder to give a friendly squeeze. This was affection and not in the slightest bit a ploy to use his buddy as a hostage. "But rumors of my abilities have been greatly exaggerated. I'm not death's shadow, as Razor seemed to hear. Nor am I a swindler and snake-oil salesman, as -actually, I didn't get your name. Regardless, everypony, I'm just an actor. Have I dabbled in a bit of espionage when "To die, to sleep. To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub. For in this sleep of death what dreams may come..." doesn't pay the bills? Yes. It's not the most honorable of professions but it beats starving when I don't make an audition. So, yes, I'm Curtain Call. And nothing else."

The kitchen knives were kept in the corner of his eye. Just in case.

(( Bluff +7. I have a bad feeling about this. ))

Tornado Ali's belly was full of pancakes; the best she's ever had. Apparently no, butter has no substitutes, as Bramble's generous cooks let her know. She would make sure to remember this should she ever try her hoof at cooking anything that wasn't field rations. The rest of her was cozy and warm (despite her still wet mane, which she had hoped that Curtain Call would notice. No avail), nursing her third mug of cocoa and snuggled up in the robe provided. It was a little constricting, as it wasn't designed with the winged in mind, but she didn't mind. Warm was warm. In fact, this was the most relaxed she had been in ages. No push-ups. No wing power. No prayer. No monsters. She felt like a newborn kitten pressed up against momma, and was purring as such.

The reluctant nun would have chimed in at Razor's "wills of the divine" comment, but the poor thing couldn't get a word in edgewise. Apparently, when Curtain Call wasn't hitting on other mares, he was rambling on and on like he was trying to sell something. Pretending to Bramble Rose was funny enough though, and she resigned herself to silence, simply enjoying the breakfast theater. Oh, are those scones? Never had one of those...

The large stallion let out a soft *ah*. "Ah course, we've ne'er actually met. Blue Agave, on occassion a bounty hunter, an' ah've been right on yer tail a couple times afore y'all disappeared. But ah reckon this is th' first time we've actually had th' chance t'introduce ourselves."

Bramble just watched a bit helplessly. He had NO idea what was going on ... just plain old confusion. Did ... they know each other or didn't they?

And Ma Custard, spotting someone actually enjoying her cooking, slipped over to Ali with a platter. "Here! Try some of these Spiced Peach Tarts! They're my specialty, dear."

Razor felt more then a bit perplexed (and perhaps slightly foolish). Seemed the true rogue of the group was the pony who had been speaking, the -real- Curtain Call, and Bramble Rose was the little purple unicorn sitting quite confusedly by himself.. the pegasus warrior could hardly blame the little guy. For a moment Raz felt a bit upset at having been fooled.. but soon he just began to chuckle heartily at the situation! It was quite comical actually.. and it did prove the Rogue's sneakiness! Still, it was a bit disappointing to learn that the stories of the hero had been -grossly- exaggerated.. but ah well, such things tend to happen. Besides, they had to have some credibility right? Why else would these heroes have such praise about them!...

Raz decided not to answer his own question and just spoke up, "Well.. quite the trickster I see. Befitting for the skills you say you possess!" he nods again, then turns to the little unicorn again, "And you're the -true- Bramble Rose then. Well a pleasure to make your acquaintance, same to you, Curtain Call," he directed his last comment toward the rogueish pony.. though it seemed Curtain was more focused on the stallion whom had just entered.

Traitors! Turncoats! Tattletales! Stool pigeons! Curtain Call's soliloquy was shouting to the heavens, absolutely seething! Never before has the thief felt so betrayed than his so called friends needed to call 'their scum'. Bounty hunters. And oh, how he hated bounty hunters. No other law enforcement agent (and he used the term loosely. Bail enforcement was a better description of the little plague rats.) has ever given him more grief. They have no honor! No loyalty! No sense of professional courtesy! Least of all jurisdiction! You can't just drag a pony kicking and screaming out of a Church of the Sun! By the Sisters, I claimed sanctuary! Sanctuary! Well, Blue Agave (if that is your real name), you won't be catching this daring rogue alive! And it's not because I'm about to die of stress induced heart failure. The shaking hooves, shortness of breath, sharp chest pains and excessive sweating? I'm always like this.

I do hope I've kept the chase interesting but 'almost' is as close to this tail as you're going to get. But I'm glad to make your acquaintance and finally meet my Inspector Javanner.” Not that the uncultured clod would realize, but he was just insulted. Abruptly, he took his antagonist's hoof and shook as a sign of friendship but really, this was only to see if and where a knife was being stashed. 'Oh no, they're like tree trunks', his soliloquy adding commentary on the massive legs that could easily flatten the puny actor. 'I am so dead.'

But it's fine, he assured himself. You've gotten out of worse scrapes. Just stay calm, play the fool and when you get an opportunity, cut Bramble Rose open with a cake knife. Him bleeding out will distract the two mares of the cloth. That leaves the new guy, who has no weapons on him anyway and the miserable stinking bounty hunter. And Thorn Blossom! She'll mangle me! Abort abort abort!

Out of curiosity”, he said, desperate to keep the banter going. His cool facade was beginning to fade. “How much gold would my head have gotten you?

Curtains retook his seat at the table to both stop his knees from shaking and to be as close as possible to some edged steel Under normal circumstances, he would have rather told Celestia Herself that the kingdom and power and throne were rightfully his than to admit to his friends the criminal career he's long ago established. But with Blue Agave here and his (attempted! He was ready, paring knife in hand, innocently spreading butter on a blueberry muffin.) arrest evident, he didn't see the point anymore. He was about to read off the rap sheet any minute now. It's strange, he thought now that the end is near, I'm most upset that I disappointed them.

"Oh, as though anypony would live to collect a price for one of our friends. We all know you for what you are and what you have done, Curtain Call, and I'll hear no more of this ridiculous rougish drama." Using her magic, Ironmane raises a glass. "I would like to propose a toast. To Hearth's Warming, and to friends both new and old!"

Blue Agave looked briefly confused. "Inspector Javanner?" he asked, then glanced over to Silk Scroll. "Isn't that the ... uh ... in th' play y'dragged me to?" Silk Scroll nodded silently back, her lips quirked and hiding behind her morning cup of coffee, but not hiding the bright laughter in her eyes. Agave turned to Curtain with an aggrieved look. "Now that's just not neighborly! I complimented you!"

Then he smirked and rolled his eyes. "but fer yer reward? Depends where ah turned y'all in. Th' most bits woulda been got from ol' Baron von Hoofington of the Hoofington Hoofingtons." Agave gave a rude snort. "Not that ah'd have turned y'all into him fer a whole wagon a bits. More like bought y'all a drink!" He let out a deep and booming laugh. "Y'all had him madder'n a cat in a hedgehog farm! Th' varmint. Now there's one what should have a bounty on his head. But acourse, now ah can't get a reward on y'all at all, not once that royal pardon came through. Ah reckon that sure twisted his tail!" He lets out another booming laugh, then turned away from Curtain, to the paladin.

"Ah, and finally I meet th' lovely Ironmane! Ah reckon ah see why Bramble talks about y'all so, then! Quite a few adventures y'all have been on!" He takes off his hat and gives a little bow to her, and then to Ali. "And so good to see you out and about, darlin'. Y'all were wasted in that monastary, though ah reckon th' monks jes' wanted t'keep y'all there t'make th' place lovelier." A scone bounced off his head, and he caught it, took a bite, and grinned impudently and unrepentant at his smirking wife.

Bramble was just raising his glass to Ironmane's toast when his brain put two and two together, his eyes widened. "Wait, YOU'RE the one that put paid to that rat of a Baron?" he exclaimed to Curtain Call. Silk Scarf cleared her throat softly, and Bramble flushed. "I mean, if I understand correctly, you are the noted scamp what so upset the reputable Baron by setting his hat collection to shambles?"

Ma Custard, meanwhile, beaming at Ironmane's compliments, made certain that she had a nice big platter of irresistible pastries close at hoof.

"One is silver and the other is gold. Cheers, Ironmane", he said with a smile as his mug was refilled with precious brew. He finished this one just as quick as his first, needing just a bit more of a pick-me-up to remember-

Hoofington... Hoofington... Why do I know that name? We're talking about a Pegasus, right? Hunter green, big jagged teeth, bigger ego? Yeah, I remember him! I remember him being a massive pain in my-” Upon a light but very intentional clearing of the throat from Bramble Rose's dear mother, Curtain Call quickly cut his cursing short. “He wasn't the most pleasant of sorts. We have have come to the occasional disagreement.

With that, good manners have been established to save face. But father and son already knew the side of this story that floated about via local heralds and nasty rumors. He simply had to tell how it really happened. For Mom's sake, he tried to keep it a whisper. In no time at all, he was talking to the whole kitchen.

Wait wait, it gets better!” he said, nearing the final punchline. “It's maybe... a week later. Front page of the paper has him plastered on it. But not really. It's me. I still have the fake teeth to prove it. Anyway, the 'Baron'”, he emphasized with little air quotes, “has donated an 'astonishingly generous amount' to the Live Cover Club, this little hole in the wall cabaret in downtown Baltimare. It's a little slimy. I used to work there. But that's another story. Moving on. Bits in the thousands, from me pawning off only two of the dozen pieces of prized headgear I took! I donate all but one as well, which they open a display wing for! And now this miserable little theater is getting visits from Canterlot elite, looking for that 'slice of local flavor'. And the Baron can't do a thing about it! Not without destroying his new found reputation!

This is all followed up by a mad cackle. Aside from the fact that Curtain Call found this story hilarious, it was also a rare opportunity to cut loose and share stories of his capers without fear of repercussion. He assumed, anyway. He still had a knife in his hoof. Until...

Wait. Royal pardon? What royal pardon?

Raz's eyes stayed upon the rogue as he and this supposed bounty hunter exchanged words.. wary of any conflict that may arise. However his gaze turned instead to the (frankly delicious looking and smelling!) breakfast laid out for them, and Ironmane's proposal of a toast. This seemed to lighten the spirits of everypony as many joined in the celebration; Razor was all too encouraged to do so as well! With a brimming smile the Pegasus warrior approached the table and nodded, "I hope you all don't mind me joining you? I -was- invited by miss Ironmane after all," he gave a polite nod to the paladin mare, "A toast indeed! To adventure and excitement, shared with friends and family alike!" Raz raised his hoof and sat himself at the table, "Life is short, so let us make the most of it!" he finished with that same, wide smile, looking about with curiosity at the foods before him. His stomach gave a loud growl.. he was certainly hungry

His eyes trailed back up however as the conversation changed to talk of barons and pardons and.. well Raz felt he had lost the conversation as his rapidly growing hunger was distracting his thoughts. He looked between the speaking group members and spoke up, "Ah.. forgive me I am nor familiar with this part of your exploits. What all has happened, if I may ask? Is prefer to hear it straight from the mouths of the heroes rather then from a few returning villagers," he let out a soft chuckle as he searched for the first thing to bite into.

Bramble lets out a soft *hrmmmm* at Razor's request for a story. "Oh, well. Ironmane and I have had quite a few adventures, I suppose. When did we first meet? Was it during that hubbub with the magic kudzu vines? No, wait, I think it was with that one husband-wife team of travelling player-ponies who had pulled off that heist at old Lord Fuddy Duddy's estate. Hooo, what a pair. We could have used your help with that one, Curtain. They talked circles around us about needing the money to get their son out of hock with some thief's guild ... and then laughed at us for being saps as they dropped us into a trap and rode off. We got the artwork back, though."

He rubbed at his chin a little bit. "I think the locust cultists make the best story, though. Those guys were WEIRD. And hey, that solution of yours with the cake and the grandfather clock? Brilliant."

Archived