Get the bug spray? chat edition.

DreamySunday

When I attempt to join chat I get this

Running lightIRC 1.1 Build 30. Project home: www.lightirc.com

[19:08:57] Disconnected from server.

and when I try to join aroom With the /join #Canterlot coomand thing I get this

[19:09:00] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.light...p_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.naughtygazelle.com

Here are my 2 suggestions...

1) Try another web based client (like KiwiIRC or Mibbit) (the former is better than the latter (always try and avoid mibbit when possible)

2) Download a regular IRC client (Like mIRC, X-Chat or KVirc for Windows and Colloquy for Mac (sorry I'm far less versed on OSX than I am with Windows))

I always suggest doing the second one. Platform based clients are always more reliable and feature packed than web based clients. However either should work.

Remember, the information is as follows:

Server: irc.naughtygazelle.com

Port (generally): 6667

channel for general chat: #canterlot

channel for RP: #canterlotRP

channel for spoilers: #spoilers

no, it isn't just you. The entirety of the naughtygazelle server has lost compatability with the flash-based lightIRC client; anyone attempting to use lightIRC to connect to naughtygazelle - which includes everyone who might click the 'chat' tab - will have the same error message. However, using other clients, such as those starswirl listed above, will continue to work.

Should be fixed soon with all services restored.

In the mean time, as explained above, you can use ANY other IRC client to connect to the server using the details provided.

This includes clients on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. (search 'IRC client' in your favourite app market)

Archived