The Darkness in PolariSoft- Anypony interested by this?

Well guys, most of you do not know me but I wrote this RP a while ago and I'm curious to see what people think!

This is an RP that I wrote for my own Forums, but I'd like to try it elsewhere!

The Darkness in PolariSoft

-Chapter 1-

It was a simple letter that came to Princess Celestia two days after Twilight and her friends has traveled to the Crystal empire to stop King Sombra. It was one Mere sentence, which made the Dark cloud that Delivered it even more Strange.

It read, simply, “Bring me Prince Polaris, or your Student dies”

Miles from Canterlot, said Prince was Noisily Snoring on the Main Computer in PolariSoft, a computer company that was just starting to Catch on in the More Advanced Cities in Equestria, where other towns like Ponyville refused to even buy things such as cars. He was awoken by L.U.N.A., his Artificial Intelligence, turning herself to Full Volume and Yelling, “Polaris wake up, the Princess wants you!” Polaris jerked awake with a strangled cry to see Princess Celestia on the Screen in front of him, looking very worried.

He Shook his head and blinked, as she held up the letter and said, “Polaris, you've got to get to the Crystal empire!” Polaris blinked a few more times and read the Letter, standing up. “W- who sent this?” He asked, running a hoof through his Mane to Attempt to fix it.

Celestia put it down and said, “Sombra himself sent it, So hurry up and get there!” Polaris sighed and said, “All right, I'll go right now... anything else?”

Celestia seemed to be about to say something and shook her head. “No, nothing, just be careful.” she said. Polaris Nodded and typed a few things into the Keyboard, Looking back up at her. “Ok, I'll head out right now!” he said, turning off the Call and walking out of the room, grabbing a few apples and Walking out to his garage. There were a lot of cars in the Garage, ranging to a steam Car from the Lunar Empire, to a custom-built 1985 stationwagon with Four-Wheel drive and some of Polaris' own Modifications. He walked over to the Wagon, which was painted White with the PolariSoft logo on the sides, and he smiled slightly, getting into it. The Garage door was already Open, and Polaris drove out of the Garage and through the Tunnel onto the Road, not noticing a small black cloud in the corner of the garage fizzle into nothing. He turned his car out onto the Main roads and Hit the Gas, roaring towards the Crystal empire as fast as the car could go.

Back at the Crystal empire, Sombra was Staring at a Painting in his Private Quarters, feeling the slight drain on himself every time his Spirit conjuration clashed with the Princesses' forcefield. The Painting in front of him was one of a blue crystal stallion around 1500 years ago, with a Light Pink Crystal Mare next to him. The reason the Painting was in his Private Quarters though, was because of the Baby that the Mare was holding, a small Unicorn colt with a bright blue coat and a jet black mane. Sombra sighed and turned around, looking at his Personal Library. He had started picking certain books out of the Shelves, and every time he took one off of the shelf a small blue flame burnt across the book, turning the Cover Black and sometimes changing the size of the book. There was a small pile of black books on a nearby table and Sombra Picked out an other book, setting it next to the Pile as it turned a shade of black like all of the others.

Polaris frowned as the landscape around him started to turn to snow instead of Grass, and flakes of snow started to fall around him. He smiled a small bit as he realized the Wagon's White Paint Job would keep him better hidden in the snow, and as the Road turned to snow he slowed down, switching into Four Wheel Drive. He hit the Gas again as he glanced at the RPS, showing that he was not far from the Empire.

Back in Sombra's private Chambers, the King had finished with his Work and was standing on a Hidden Balcony, Watching the Road that led into Equestria. He sighed, knowing that even though he had watched Polaris grow up and go through his Life, he didn't know how Polaris would react to what he was going to tell him.

A few miles from the crystal empire, Polaris had to slow down to 20 miles per hour, because the snow had gotten much worse the closer he got to the Empire. He saw the Forcefield in front of him when he was too close to stop, and he hunched up, closing his eyes as he prepared to slam into it. However, the car just Drove through it, and into the Empire. Polaris Looked around in slight Confusion and Sped up, driving up to the Castle. What Polaris didn't know was that Sombra had turned his Car unseeable to the ponies in the empire, and when he finally got to the Castle and exited the car, he turned around to see... nothing.

“What the..” Polaris said, reaching a hoof towards the space. Sure enough, his hoof met the Metal of the Car and he shrugged, turning around and Walking into the Castle after taking an AK-47 out of the car. “Don't know why she didn't just send in the army..” Polaris said, walking upwards.

Sombra had walked back inside to his Private quarters, and had sat in a chair, sighing and lighting his Horn. Three seconds Later, Polaris appeared in the canter of the room and slumped to the floor, quickly standing back up and Pointing the gun at Sombra, who did nothing.

“You!” Polaris said with a scowl, cocking the gun. Sombra sighed and said, “No, no, no fighting, this is not the time nor the Place”, and he fired a small spell at the gun, riddling it with Crystal parts and making it unusable. “I have called you here for a reason, to tell you a few things before my death” He said quietly, staying in the chair. Polaris calmed himself and took a second Look at Sombra, seeing that the King was not wearing any of his armor, and that he Looked weary. “Fine” Polaris said Spitefully, sitting down in a different chair and Frowning still. He Looked down at the gun and sighed, Teleporting it back to the car. Sombra smiled slightly and stood up, walking over to Look out a window at the empire outside.

“You do not know how much I regret dabbling in the dark arts..” Sombra said quietly with a sigh, looking out at the spirits trying to get into the empire.

“Well why the buck did you get into it?” Polaris said, looking at the king with his frown fading slightly. Sombra turned around to look at Polaris, and he said, “I had brought you here to tell you, so I might as well go ahead and tell you now..... son.” Polaris gained a slight look of confusion, and Sombra held up a hoof, signaling him to Keep quiet. Polaris hesitated, and then Nodded, deciding to listen to what the King was going to say. Sombra slowly walked over to the Chair and sat in it, looking at Polaris.

“It is time to tell you the things that you have not known for 1500 years..” He started, making Polaris wonder how Sombra knew his age. He continued and said, “I guess I will start with this... A few Years before your birth, Polaris, I lived here in the crystal empire as a Prince. I was a blue crystal pony, much like you, and I fell in love with one of the Ponies in the Kingdom. She was a Beautiful pink mare, and her name was Lily.... I miss her dearly....” Sombra said. He had smiled at the part of telling Polaris about her but his saddened expression returned when he said that he Missed her. “You see, Polaris,” he continued, “I was not allowed to be in love with her, being a prince, and I'll spare you most of the Political arguments and say that after one fight, I ran away from the Kingdom, with her, and we had a Child. That child was You, Polaris, you were born 1500 years ago as my Son.” Sombra Saw Polaris start to say something and he shook his head again, continuing. “The story doesn't stop there though,” he said, and sighed before continuing, “She... she died giving birth to you.. there was nothing I could do... After she died, the last thing I did was drop you off on the Canterlot steps, where Tia and Luna found you and took you into the castle. Once they did, and I was sure that you were safe, I... I got into Dark magic, because I wanted to go back to the empire for revenge against them, and because of Lily's death... But I was wrong, the Magic took hold over me and used me, taking over the empire and using me Like a Puppet. The Princess in the castle above is managing to keep the spirits away from me for now, but once they get back in.... there's nothing I can do, they'll take over me again.. and I know inside of me that the elements will Kill me, and the Spirits along with me. My last Mission in Life was to tell you this, and... I'm glad to see all that you have accomplished, son... I'm Proud of you..” Sombra finished, smiling slightly.

Polaris was not sure of what to think of all this new Information. For his entire Life, he had never known who his parents were, and stopped thinking about them. Nopony in Equestria had ever known who Polaris' parents were, except for Sombra, and he had just told Polaris. He could barely take it all in, but everything fit. Natural Black manes were very Rare in Equestria, and Sombra and Polaris were two of the very few to have them. Also, the blue color of their coats fit and from the Looks of the Painting, Polaris had inherited Lily's green eye color.

A few things didn't fit and Polaris quietly asked, “Well... why aren’t I a crystal Pony then, and why am I an alicorn..?”

Sombra nodded and said, “Well, Before I got deeply into dark Magic, I did two things... One, I used dark magic to turn you into an Alicorn, because you were born a Unicorn, Polaris. Celestia and Luna were turned into alicorns by the combined power of the sun and the moon, They turned Cadance into one with the Elements years ago and Princess Twilight was turned into one by the Transformed Elements. You are... the only pony who has ever been turned into an alicorn by way of Dark magic, and I forbid you from trying it yourself.” He said Pointedly, Looking at Polaris with as serious a face as Possible.

Polaris slowly Nodded and said, “Well.... it all fits, then. I guess I really did have parents after all.. But what do we do now?” He asked.

“You go home,” Sombra said, “I have moved all of my Dark magic books into your.. Vehicle for you to take home with you and hide, far from any Pony or other creature. I brought you here for two things, and two things only, and it is done.”

“But-” Polaris started to say, and sombra put up a Hoof, Carefully Taking the Painting off of the Wall and handing it to Polaris. “No Rebuttals,” Sombra said with a slight wince. “I can feel the Spirits breaking through now, and I do not want you to see my Horrible other Form.”

Polaris said “But..” again as the Forcefield failed for the last time outside, and Sombra started to Fade away, yelling, “Go!” one last time before he disappeared, being chained to the Spirits again. Polaris frowned and Teleported to the Car with the Painting, taking one Look back at the large stack of Black books and Starting the Car, driving away from the empire as fast as Possible.

Sombra's last burst of Power was to Keep Polaris' car Invisible and Untouched by the Spirits, and he was dead by the time Polaris Was out of view of the empire. Polaris sadly looked upwards as he watched the Empire's powerful Spells rip out across the Land in the form of Rainbows, sighing and focusing on driving.

-Chapter 2-

A few Months later, trade was up with the Crystal empire, all of the Ponies were back to Normal, and Equestria had returned to its normal state. Polaris, however, hadn't felt right ever since Sombra had told him about the one part of his Past that he had never known of. L.U.N.A. Knew something was off with him but she didn't say anything about it, after Polaris told her about it and told her to make sure word of it was never let out to the Public. At the moment, he was sitting in the Main room at the Table, staring through the Glass at the Lights below it. He had immediately Taken the books Sombra had given him down to the Catacombs when he got back to PolariSoft, and his Curiosity was eating at him to look at them, because he wondered what was in them.

He just sat there staring into the Table, the urge eating at him until he eventually stood up, and said, “Luna, I'm gonna go make sure the.. Shelves I put the Books on are ok, I'll be back.”

L.U.N.A. Was silent for a while and then she said, “Ok Polaris, Please be careful.. I'll handle everything while you're gone.”

Polaris nodded and walked into the Generator room, and then into the Small room between it and the Hangar. He then walked to the end of it and paused at the Entrance to the Base's Bunker, walking through it and down the Steps into the Old Bunker, built in the 60's, unlike the base which was finished in 1957, just a few Years after it was started. He smiled as all of the Lights in the tunnel flickered to Life, and walked down into the main Atrium. He walked through the atrium and down the main Corridor of the base, towards the back of it. The Bunker was Designed as a Long Tunnel In the Center, with Rooms on either side of it, making it easy to Navigate. Polaris walked into the Library, the room on the very end of the Tunnel, and to the back of it, Looking at the shelves. He Pulled on a random book with no title on the spine and Set it on a table behind him, and Pushed his Hoof back into where the book was sitting. A small Panel in the Wooden Shelf sunk back into it and Polaris heard a quiet click. He smiled and Tugged on the Shelf, Pulling a large section of it out like he would a Door. Behind the Bookshelves was a dark gaping tunnel, made of very old-looking stones with newer patches of stone scattered around the tunnel. Polaris Smiled a little more as a Dusty string of Lights blinked on one-by-one, lighting the Tunnel and revealing a very long staircase going down. Polaris stepped into the tunnel and hesitated, and walked out of the Library, coming back with an AK-47 strapped to his back. He walked into the tunnel again and started downwards, not saying a word. He got to the bottom of the Staircase a short while later and Got to a sizable square room, and Looked around it. Each wall had a Tunnel in it, making three of them, with the Staircase Behind him. Polaris Picked the Right-hand tunnel and walked down it, making his way through the Labyrinth of Tunnels to the Large old Library, looking around at all of the Ancient books around him on the old Bookshelves. He walked to the back of the room and Eyed the Last Shelf, and the Black-covered books on it. Polaris spent a while going through the Books and Picked one out, walking over to a table with it. He opened the old Book and started reading it, staring at the Pages Intently. Half an Hour Later, Polaris was ready to try Using Dark magic. He closed his eyes and Focused on the Magic, drawing its Power to himself as he gritted his teeth. His Horn started Flickering with Black Electricity and he gasped as the Power hit him, his eyes changing as the Flames suddenly came to Life, trailing from his eyes. Polaris blinked and Looked around, realizing that he was able to see much better in the Dark. He grinned eagerly and started reading the book again, smiling. After another Hour, Polaris decided to try another Spell, and Summon an Animated Skeleton that was supposed to obey him. He stood up and Focused, Channeling the Enegry. He flinched as the Magic left him and Shot at the floor, hitting it and Opening a strange-looking portal. Instantly, Polaris felt a Large Feeling of Intense Dread and Stared at the Portal as a Black Figure started rising out of it. Polaris didn't know what he had done wrong but he worriedly backed away from the Portal, staring at the Figure. Suddenly, the Shape Leaped towards him and Polaris Screamed, all of the Lights in the Library Exploding in a shower of Glass. He felt something slam him against the Wall and he hit his head, blacking out.

-Chapter 3-

Hours Later, Polaris woke up at the top of the Stairs to the Catacombs, his heart beating rapidly as he Looked around nervously. He checked himself over and Was completely fine, but he quickly shut off the Catacomb Lights and Ran into the Library, closing the secret door.

Polaris sighed in relief and looked up at L.U.N.A. Said, “Well well well, you Ok there?” He Chuckled and said, “Yeah, yeah, I'm fine...” And the A.I. chuckled, and said, “Well you better get going, the bus of Ponies here to take a tour is going to be here in Half an Hour!”

Polaris Groaned and said, “Really? That’s today?” And she said, “Yep, go on and get yourself ready, blue boy!” Polaris grumbled and walked back up into the Base, Forgetting about the Incident in the Catacombs as he spent the Next twenty Minutes preparing for a tour of the Company. He eventually got everything ready and walked outside, watching as the Large Blue Charter bus trundled up the road towards the PolariSoft turnoff. He sighed and Adjusted the White Lab coat he had put on, wondering why in the world that Ponies wanted to Tour PolariSoft.

-YOUR PART IN THIS STORY!-

Everyone Wanting to be in the RP is going to start off as a character on the Bus, and whenever they die then they shall either leave the RP or Re-join as a New Character!

And note, your OCs will probably die, so keep note of that.

Rules:

- NO OP ROLEPLAYING:

This Means, no giving yourself Random Weapons, no doing things like, “Example yells and Kills Example #2”, NONE OF THAT OP STUFF

- EVERYPONY IS SCARED OF SOMETHING:

Do not try to tell me that your OC is fearless, that’s impossible. But they may face their fears and get past them, but it’s not likely.

- I will be in control of the Environment, and everything in the RP. You are in control of your OC and other small things, but I decide what happens on a larger scale.

- I shall add more Rules as Required.

[RP APPLICATION]

Name: (Your Pony’s name)

Profession: (Where do they work/What do they do?)

Cutie mark/Appearance/size/Pictures: (Just what it says, pictures are helpful)

Deepest and most Personal Fears [important]: (What is your OC most afraid of? The thing that Keeps them up at Night, the thing they dread every second of their Lives?)

Race: (Unicorns/Pegasuses/Earth ponies greatly recommended, Alicorns other than Polaris/Tia/Luna/Cadence/Twilight will screw up the story!)

Personality: (How they treat other Ponies, are they Nice? Mean? Short-Tempered, Calm, anything that about what goes on in their head)

Backstory: (A short account of their Life, please include any Traumatic Events if Possible)

Name: Starwind

Profession: school student

Cutie mark/Appearance/size/Pictures: no cutie mark, looks like profile pic

Deepest and most Personal Fears [important]: Claustrophobia

Race: Unicorn

Personality: Starwind likes to act older then she actually is and she does not like to be left out of events or games with her friends due to her being younger and or smaller then the older friends she likes to hang out with. Starwind sometimes gets very angry because of it though there are times does not go crazy. Besides that she is very loving and will trust anypony she just met which as a side effect, makes her very gullible to people who just love to take advantage of ponies like that. Starwind loves to meet new ponies, often being one of the first to approach a newcomer to a school. Starwind also loves to make friends

Backstory:As it hit Starwinds birthday, she had been delighted though she had been very disappointing when she didnt get anything. For that whole day all Starwind had done was sit out in the sun, just waiting for it to go down and for Luna to bring back the night. As it hit nightfall Stormchaser and Shadow had come out with what seemed like a item. As Starwind unwrapped the item, she had found it was a Telescope. At that moment Starwind had been delighted,she had jumped onto her family and had brought them to the ground in joy.

Name: Starwind

Profession: school student

Cutie mark/Appearance/size/Pictures: no cutie mark, looks like profile pic

Deepest and most Personal Fears [important]: Claustrophobia

Race: Unicorn

Personality: Starwind likes to act older then she actually is and she does not like to be left out of events or games with her friends due to her being younger and or smaller then the older friends she likes to hang out with. Starwind sometimes gets very angry because of it though there are times does not go crazy. Besides that she is very loving and will trust anypony she just met which as a side effect, makes her very gullible to people who just love to take advantage of ponies like that. Starwind loves to meet new ponies, often being one of the first to approach a newcomer to a school. Starwind also loves to make friends

Backstory:As it hit Starwinds birthday, she had been delighted though she had been very disappointing when she didnt get anything. For that whole day all Starwind had done was sit out in the sun, just waiting for it to go down and for Luna to bring back the night. As it hit nightfall Stormchaser and Shadow had come out with what seemed like a item. As Starwind unwrapped the item, she had found it was a Telescope. At that moment Starwind had been delighted,she had jumped onto her family and had brought them to the ground in joy.

Hmmm, this was a test but I see I have a Taker, You're in!

Thats my app, and i do have a question before this starts plus another thing i need to say.

He has a crystal bow/Arrows, thats one thing he always has with him.

Now for the part it does not say.

Deepest and most Personal Fears: Blackwing has overcome every fear in his life, every one he has encountered he has beat back. The only one still existing is that he will be alone for eternity, though he is overcoming that as well.

Ik that it says every pony is scared of something, and its true, thats just how he is and i prefer to keep my char's in character.

RDD i don't think feral was the right word according to its definition so you me anthro and normal

normal because that's how they are and according to these Race: (Unicorns/Pegasuses/Earth ponies greatly recommended,

Cutie mark/Appearance/size/Pictures: (Just what it says, pictures are helpful), Gender: (Mare/Stallion)

its in pony form

This sounds cool! Count me in! :D

Name: Swift Hooves

Appearance: Swift Hooves has her coat in baby blue. Her mane and tail is dark blue with a white streak. Her mane and tail is also straight and spiky. She has dark ocean blue eyes.

Profession: Hoof Runner

Cutie mark/Appearance/size/Pictures: Is a hoof surrounded in blue fire

Deepest and most Personal Fears [important]: Swift is afraid of having her speed taken away from her. She just CANT stand being slow. She's also a free spirit. So if she gets contained somehow, she'll probably go crazy

Race: Earth Pony

Personality: Swift Hooves is cocky and arrogant. She is hyperactive and impatient. She treats others casually and only gives high respect to those she finds interesting or cool. She can also be a bit stubborn sometimes. Adding to this, she sometimes makes herself stubborn purposely just so she can get a reaction from others.

Backstory: Swift Hooves was born with hyperactivity trailing around her. Especially her hooves. Most of her life, she usually trains in hopes of being one of the fastest runners alive! One day, she was on her daily run, and has took a turn on an unknown road. Unknowing to her, she has stumbled upon a forest with huge trees. As she sped through, she tripped on a huge tree root and her two of her hooves were badly broken. She felt simply horrible not being able to feel the wind in her mane. After staying at a hospital for about, a month, she has been traumatized. She NEVER wants to be held captive, EVER the very thought makes her shudder with fear.

This sounds cool! Count me in! :D

Name: Swift Hooves

Appearance: Swift Hooves has her coat in baby blue. Her mane and tail is dark blue with a white streak. Her mane and tail is also straight and spiky. She has dark ocean blue eyes.

Profession: Hoof Runner

Cutie mark/Appearance/size/Pictures: Is a hoof surrounded in blue fire

Deepest and most Personal Fears [important]: Swift is afraid of having her speed taken away from her. She just CANT stand being slow. She's also a free spirit. So if she gets contained somehow, she'll probably go crazy

Race: Earth Pony

Personality: Swift Hooves is cocky and arrogant. She is hyperactive and impatient. She treats others casually and only gives high respect to those she finds interesting or cool. She can also be a bit stubborn sometimes. Adding to this, she sometimes makes herself stubborn purposely just so she can get a reaction from others.

Backstory: Swift Hooves was born with hyperactivity trailing around her. Especially her hooves. Most of her life, she usually trains in hopes of being one of the fastest runners alive! One day, she was on her daily run, and has took a turn on an unknown road. Unknowing to her, she has stumbled upon a forest with huge trees. As she sped through, she tripped on a huge tree root and her two of her hooves were badly broken. She felt simply horrible not being able to feel the wind in her mane. After staying at a hospital for about, a month, she has been traumatized. She NEVER wants to be held captive, EVER the very thought makes her shudder with fear.

YYYYYYYYYYYER IN!

http://www.canterlot...blackwingready/

Thats my app, and i do have a question before this starts plus another thing i need to say.

He has a crystal bow/Arrows, thats one thing he always has with him.

Now for the part it does not say.

Deepest and most Personal Fears: Blackwing has overcome every fear in his life, every one he has encountered he has beat back. The only one still existing is that he will be alone for eternity, though he is overcoming that as well.

Ik that it says every pony is scared of something, and its true, thats just how he is and i prefer to keep my char's in character.

\

Now for you, I ain't too sure...

Also yes, these are Ponies.

Owch, well, if its about his fears i guess there is one i missed.

He fears not being able to help people. Sure, he has a troubled past but he is trying to change, and by doing so he hopes to help others not become like him. He fears being helpless. He does not care if he is helpless to help himself, but being helpless to help other, thats easily his biggest fear

Owch, well, if its about his fears i guess there is one i missed.

He fears not being able to help people. Sure, he has a troubled past but he is trying to change, and by doing so he hopes to help others not become like him. He fears being helpless. He does not care if he is helpless to help himself, but being helpless to help other, thats easily his biggest fear

Eh, you're in!

I'll make the Actual RP once we get enough people!

Archived