Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Hazel blushed bright red, "Thank you, it's truly an honor to serve under them. Apologies but I was on my way to speak with Captain Melody, please enjoy the party." She curtsied to them before heading off into the crowd. Rosemary sighed, "They do grow up so fast, now, don't you two have somewhere to be? We do have a little girl we're still looking for."

Flint landed with Kane at the Sanctuary entrance, but it was the old one. Flint clenched his fists, "What the HeII is this? When did this happen?" He asked angrily as his eyes searched the destroyed ground before them.

Oakly flickered into the Sanctuary landing atop the round table surrounded by the Death Knights and Trax, he groaned in slight pain before noticing his situation, "Uh.... oops." He muttered before shuffling off the table and clearing his throat, "Does the name Crimson, ring any bells?" He asked nervously. The name brought up the death of Azure, Crimson of the Shadow Hunters, was the one who killed him, recently he was now part of the Shinokage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silent turned to Mara and gently took her hand. "Go ahead with the others. I'll take care of it this time." He said softly, taking the roses and scroll from her. He kissed her forehead before turning to leave.

Kane sighed. "The princesses found us and raided the sanctuary. They killed the Oracle that day." He said, the memory of that day still fresh in his mind. "We live in the splinter sanctuary in the forest to the north now. The one...the one Jolee used to run."

Silverthorn stabbed a dagger into the table with an enraged look on her face. "That's the b@stard who killed Azure!" She yelled angrily, her voice briefly breaking as if she was going to cry. Blade put a hand on her shoulder. "Calm down, Silver. We all miss him. He was a good brother to us." He said before looking back to Oakly. "What about him?" 

Flint turned to face the direction of Canterlot, his lit up with flaring anger, "Lets get to that Sanctuary then fast, before I decide to do something really stupid." He said angrily taking Kane by the collar and shooting up into the sky towards the Northern Sanctuary.

"He's been spotted frequently in a bar, small town in the next country over." Oakly explained. Trax sighed, "Crimson, he used to be a Shadow Hunter, but now they go by The Shinokage. Slipknot and that Obito character are back, and backed by someone with enough power to seal away Tailed Beasts. Chaos must be their plan."

Silent had quietly climbed to the window of Hazel's chamber and left the rose and letter like they had done so many times. He looked at them for a long moment before sighing. "Perhaps one day..." he said to himself before disappearing into the night.

"They will not succeed. I will cut his throat personally." Silverthorn said, anger still in her voice. "If they have so much power, how can we stop them?" Blade asked.

"Easy, you blast them with everything you've got." The new deep voice was followed by the appearance of a tall and muscular pink haired man, his green eyes dark with anger as he locked eyes with Trax. "Flint, its good to see-"

"Cut the formality Trax, you wanna explain to me why our old Sanctuary is dust and all our Good Friends are Ashes! When were you going to tell me about Soul! Dammît Trax we three were Brothers!" Flints outrage scared off the other Bloodmoon Members, Oakly was practically melting in his shoes, the magical energy this man was inhuman. Trax closed his right eye, his expression grim with sadness, "Give us the room, please." He said dismissing everyone, "Thank you, Kane, reliable as always." He added with the dip of his head." Oakly didnt bother to stay another second as he flickered outside the room nearly bumping into Venom, "Hey, watch out, my Dads friend is here and boy is he scary. So, hows the girl doing, she got a name?"

Kane nodded to Trax as he left the room with everybody else. "He seems like a real interesting guy." Venom said about Flint as he joined Oakly. "Her name is Tahlia. She seems friendly enough. I don't blame her for being afraid of being here."

"Remember how we were when we first came here? It's a little intimidating being around trained assassins. But, in her case, I think her fear is more directed to herself." Oakly got serious as he stopped talking with a chirpy attitude, his eyes flashed with a hint of unease, "To be honest, everyone here should be fearful of Her. There's something up with that girl, I know my Dad can see it, and probably most of the Death Knights. There's and air of Hatred, and Death, surrounding that girl."

In the infirmary, Black felt a shiver crawl up his spine, an unusual shiver of fear. Tahlia sat up with her arms around her knees as she pulled them close to her chest. Black looked over at her, instantly he froze, sensing the immense magical power radiating off the girl.   

"The others were saying that there is some kind of power in her. The kind that levels cities." Venom said as a chill went down his spine. "But how? She's just a village girl. What could possibly be inside her?"

"Not sure, but I'm sure my father knows." Oakly said as he glanced back at the door to the Death knights room.

Flint sat back letting out a deep sigh, "I see, forgive me, I know how much that can take a toll on you. Now begs the question, How should we proceed with The Shinokage, sealing away the Tailed Beasts?" Trax closed his eye in thought, "Two teams, one to search the area over the border, another to investigate the old Shadow Hunters base. And theres the other thing, the girl we just brought in, she has the Nine Tails sealed inside her." As Trax spoke, Flint then felt the overwhelming sense of hatred coming from inside the Sanctuary, "That explains the unease around her." Trax nodded and held up two fingers, instantly all four Death Knights, Oakly and Venom, as well as Tahlia, appeared inside the room around the table. Tahlia moved behind Venom nervously, Oakly sighed in relief still getting used to his fathers ability to do that to anyone he's tagged. "As you all know, the Shinokage are back, and have collecting all the Tailed Beasts. And our recent guests, is a target for them. Venom, can you introduce us to your new friend?" Trax asked as Tahlia peeked out from behind Venom.

"It's ok, they won't hurt you." Venom said to her stepping to the side. "Her name is Tahlia Nava, Prophet. She's from Saddle Arabia." Blade looked over the girl for a moment. "How could a world-ending beast be inside of this girl?" He thought to himself.

Tahlia slowly came out from behind Venom, "Hello..." Trax dipped his head, "Its nice to meet you Tahlia, my name is Nameless Trax, I am the Prophet of the Bloodmoon Order." He looked up around at everyone, "Tahlia here, has a Tailed Beast sealed inside, and not just any either. She is the holder of probably the most powerful Tailed beast, The Nine Tailed Fox. She is our guest, and our responsibility, as well as a dear friend."

Rosemary walked into her house, instantly she changed into her usual sleak black robed dress, her eyes turned slit and her canines sharpend into fangs. A clone appeared of Rosemary and began doing normal things, Rose snapped her fingers and she teleported away. She reappeared in a pitch black space where many pieces of Gothic style furniture began forming, she went to her mirror and created a brush out of shadows to start combing her hair.

Venom put an arm around Tahlia and pulled her close to him. "See? You're safe with us. We'll take care of all this for you." He said kindly to her. 

A black circle formed on the floor behind Rose as Akephalos appeared as a tall, muscular man with white hair. "As beautiful as ever, my dear Rose." Akephalos said bowing graciously to Rose. 

Tahlia looked up into Venoms eyes with wonderlust before she went bright red, "....o- okay...." she stammered weakly. Trax smirked a little before looking at the group, "Flint will lead the Death Knights across the border, start you're investigation and send us a letter to inform us any leads. I will take Oakly, Venom, and Tahlia to the old Shadow Hunters base and investigate further." Oakly and Flint nodded in understanding.

Rose paused as she looked at Akephalos in the mirror, memories flooded her mind as she thought back to the hundreds of thousands of years they had spent together, before Nergal had taken her when she was just a young Demigod. Now she was a Goddess of Choas and Lust....

Thousands of years ago... Rose lay in bed with Akephalos, "10 times in a row, you sure know how to make a girl feel absolute bliss. How did a lowely Demigod like me get such a God as you?" She said softly as she put a hand on his face, a beautiful white and gold wedding ring wrapped around her ring finger. Back then, Rose had tan skin with bleach blonde hair and dazzling violet eyes. 

"Looks like you're coming on a trip with us." Venom said with a smirk to Tahlia. "We'll find out who has these beasts, Prophet." Blade said nodding to Trax. 

Akephalos held Rose close to his body. "Because your unmatched beauty is enough to subdue the heart of a god." He said with a smile as he kissed her forehead.

Tahlia nodded in response as she was still in a daze. Oakly frowned, "This is just like combat school all over again." He said unamused. Flint rounded up the Death Knights and began talking strategy, devising a plan for integrating the unique abilities together. Trax gave them the all clear to head out before sending a servant to inform Black of being in charge while he was out, even if he was still in the infirmary.

Rose giggled as she blushed feeling the warmth from Akephalos, she pushed him over and sat on top of him, holding out her left hand and pointing at her ring with her right index finger. "You made a promise to me Akey, to never let me go, and to always protect me. The same promise I made to you. You saved me from Nergals clutches that day with ring and you're words, and I owe you my life for that." She bent down putting both hands on the sides of his face, "I love you, Akephalos, forever and Always."....

A hundred years later..., Rose ran frantically through the halls of a burning castle, the First Four Death Knights were battling against hordes of demon spawn in the valley below. Rounding the corner, she bumped into Nergal and fell back on the ground, she sat up and froze with horror as she saw Akephalos be sealed away by Nergals shadows. Roses eyes were wide with horror as she looked up at Nergal, her whole body shivered with fear, ... Akey... help me..." She closed her eyes tearing up, "PLEASE!" Her cry was in vain. It wasnt for a long time after, that the First Four Death Knights could defeat Nergal and seal him away. But by then, the damage had been done. Rose was mercilessly tortured and ravaged by Nergal day and night for more years than she could even remember. Nergals actions turned her, broke her, completely eradicating any shred of light left in her. She became swallowed by Hate and Rage, and through this, she arose stronger than ever before. There are two ways for a Demigod to achieve full God-hood, one is by Killing the God marked above you're Title, or by the release of great emotion that it changes you're Title. No longer was she Rose Whitepetal, the Demigod of Life. She was now, Rose Blackthorn, the Goddess of Chaos and Lust.

Rose blinked away the memories as she continued to brush her hair, attempting to show no emotion towards him, "You lost you're right to flirt with me when you broke you're Promise." She responded icily, she looked away from Akephalos's eyes in the mirror, her own eyes reflecting off the years of torture she'd endured at Nergals hand.

((Let me know if I stepped on anything about the past, I couldnt find the explanation about Nergal and Akephalos. Same with the God and Demigod stuff too, I can change whatever you need.))

((Nergal destroyed Akephalos and the other gods' physical bodies using the Godslayer, so Akephalos contacted Bloodmoon who would become the first Prophet and founder of the Order and send him and the first four death knights after Nergal and drove him into an underground prison. You were close enough for it to work.))

Akephalos stopped and closed his eyes, a feeling of pain coming over him for the first time in thousands of years. "You know why I was gone, Rose. He destroyed my body. There was nothing I could do about it." He said, knowing his words would still mean nothing. He remembered the betrayal like it was yesterday. He remembered hearing Cambria's scream and rushing to her only to find her and Coheed's physical bodies laying in a pool of blood. He remembered when Nergal plunged the cursed dagger into his heart. He remembered Rose's face one more time before being lost in the void for hundreds of years before escaping and beginning his plan to return to the mortal world. He remembered it all. But now the satisfaction of vengeance wasn't even enough to fill the hole left in the god's heart knowing that Rose had suffered greatly because of his defeat.

Rose grit her teeth, her grip around her comb shattered it into pieces, "YOU MADE ME A PROMISE!" She roared as she stood up turning to face him, her dark amthyst eyes flared up with green flames. She held her fierce gaze on Akephalos for a moment longer before calming down in a sigh, she tilted her head down to hide the few tears that escaped from her eyes. "Why have you have come here?" She asked coldly.

Flint and the Death Knights appeared from Autumns teleporation on the border of Equestria, all wore dark brown cloaks to hide themselves, "We investigate first, and take them on one at a time, do not engage them alone. Do not underestimate them."

Trax and the three kids appeared on the doorstep of the old Shadow Hunter base, it was mostly torn down and in rubble. 

Akephalos sighed, wishing she understood why he wasn't there for her in her time of need, but still feeling the pain of harming the one she loved. "Rose, these beasts your servants have captured, you have no idea what kind of power they hold. No amount of chaos is worth what they will do. Not even gods are safe." He took a step towards her. "Please listen to me, Rose. Don't do this."

Kane held his hand on his sword as they began to venture into the neighboring land. "They will be looking for us. We better keep our guard up."

Venom looked over the destroyed based. "I never knew there were two assassin cults out there."

"Please, I am no longer the Demigod you left behind. I am a full fledged Goddess  now, and as the Goddess of Chaos. Which means this is just me, fulfilling my duty." Rose told him grumpily, but she looked at him, her eyes began to sparkle before she looked away from him. "Besides, I already have 8 Tailed beasts sealed away, all that is left is the Nine Tailed Fox. Its too late Akey, I've already won." She bit her lip realizing she used the nickname she'd given him, but she remained firm with folded arm and a cross expression. 

"Aye, by now I'm sure they already know we're here." Flint agreed as he exhaled a small flame.

"The Shadow Hunters were a rival organization of Assassins, and as cruel as we are, they were worse. They no style, no finesse. More like contracted butchers than Assassins, but they were not to be underestimated. After a man named Obito took over, they had a free for all death match, in which only the 8 strongest would be allowed to stay in." Trax explained to them as they walked in, the main hall was broken down, all the hallways leading out were caved in. Tahlia screamed and hid behind Venom as she tripped over an arm. Oakly bent down to inspect, "Dang, this guy barely has a head, its like he's been brutally beaten to death." Trax pulled up his eyepatch and scanned around with his left eye, "There's 7 bodies total, all with similar injuries. Obito must have had Crimson kill off the rest before moving on during Nergals takeover."

"You won't find it, Rose. The Nine Tailed Fox is out of your reach." Akephalos said stepping even closer to her. "You may be the Goddess of Chaos, but the wrath of the trailed beast is beyond godhood. You won't be able to control it. Nothing will." He was now only a few feet away from Rose. "Please Rosey...don't do this."

((Should we have Flint and the Death Knights clash with the Shinokage for the first time?))

Venom glanced at Tahlia hiding behind him before looking around the room. He saw that one of the corpses had markings in an oriental-looking language. "What do you think this means?" He asked Trax kneeling down to look at it closer.

((Yeah, but only one will die from the Shinokage.))

Rose's face contorted with shear rage, shadowy vines erupted around her as she sprouted black cloudy wings and horns, the room went black revealing the Tailed Beasts she had captured restrained under her control by purple chains. "YOU OF ALL PEOPLE CANNOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" She roared angrily as the beasts around them groaned in pain. At the same time, a single tear ran down her face, as if her unconscious was crying. "I have already started my Plan, and I intend to see it through, and neither you nor you're little assassins can stop me!"

Flint stopped the group, "We're surrounded, eyes open." He said glancing around the forest, "Might as well come on out!" He yelled out, "I can sense your heat from here." After he spoke, a shape moved among the shadows before vanishing. Flint expanded out fire from his hands in a circle around the group, "Bring it on."

Trax knelt down to examine it closely, "Hmm, It's not a language I know."

((lol is that a hint for something with the oriental language?)) 

Akephalos was unmoved by Rose's outburst. He lowered his head and sighed. "Very well then." He said as he began to teleport himself away. "I never stopped loving you, Rose. I never will." He said with sadness as he finally disappeared. 

An arrow suddenly flew by Flint's head as Silent and Mara silently moved through the trees with their aim on the group. 

((Not really, just trying to leave a clue for them to figure out it was the Shinokage.))

The room went back to normal as Rose calmed down, her own self changed back and she went back to her mirror, but as she looked into she only saw he former self before Nergals torture. She was in tears, the hurt clear as day on her face. Rose grit her teeth in anger and the mirror cracked, "Go away, you no longer exist in this body."

Flint remained still as the arrow passed by him, an attempt to intimidate, "Intimidation huh? Sure, lets do that." He said as he saw shape appear down the road from them, an echo rang out, "Fire Style: Great Fire Ball Jutsu!" Flint raised an eyebrow as an enormous Ball of Fire Ball was launched towards them. Raising his hands up, Flint smirked as he caught the enormous fire ball and swallowed it down in seconds, he let out a sigh of satisfaction. The shadowy figure down the road flinched in surprise, not expecting the end result. Flint hit his fists together as his flames around the group flared out and spun around them like a chainsaw, "Let me show you my form of Intimidation." Flint raised his hands together in a ball and brought it down, upon hitting the ground, the circle of fire exploded out with extreme pressure like a tidal wave. In mere seconds, 1000 meters of forest was cleared away into ash, the ground burnt black except for where the Bloodmoon stood. Flint stood up and glanced around, "See, now we know who we face." Standing around the Bloodmoon, were the Nine members of the Shinokage. Obito, Slipknot, Brutus, Caesar, Ally, Silent, Mara, Crimson, and Uchiha. They were all unharmed for the most part, Flint didn't expect to take out any of them, seeing now theres a reason they were chosen for this group in the first place. Crimson chuckled, "Hey hey, look who it is! Its the brats from before, guess your little pal wasn't strong enough to hang eh?" He jeered tauntingly. Flint and Obito locked eyes, Uchiha was also staring down Flint with interests at such power. Obito narrowed his eyes, one with the sharingan, the other with the Rinnegan, "We outnumber them, take them down." At his command, Ally and Caesar both blew fire balls at the group but Flint sucked their attacks in before being pulled away towards Uchiha, but didnt expect a firey breath from Flint which blew him back. Crimson kicked up rocks and earth, punching them with his gauntlets, instantly turning them into large spikes which hurtled toward the group. 

Tahlia bent down and raised an eyebrow, "You wouldn't, its a dead language from my country, older than most. Uh... it mentions something about... 'Admit Defeat, you can never win'." Oakly bit back a retort, Trax rubbed his chin in thought, "It would seem they knew we'd investigate here, a message ment to discourage us. Guess they need to try harder, Let us head back for now-" before he could finish, he sped around Venom and summoned forth a giant scythe deflecting a blast of sound. Oakly drew his cutlasses as Tahlia moved closer to Venom, grabbing his shirt. "Was wondering why the Shadow Hunters had been so dormant, now we know why." The deep thundering voice came from a large man stacked with red and silver armor, Stryker Shield of the Ronnin Guard, Echo and Tavi split out flanking him from behind him. Hazel dropped down behind the Bloodmoon, twirling her new spear and resting it pointed down behind her back. Oakly turned around to face her, Trax narrowed his eyes, "In my defense, we only faced them once, this is just as a surprise to me as it is to you. The Shadow Hunters are no more, instead they go by the Shinokage, and their plans for this world are set in motion. I would propose a truce as we have a common enemy." He suggested still keeping up his guard. Tavi and Echo glanced at each other, but Stryker merely raised his eyebrow curiously, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend? Interesting, I'm more of a two birds and one stone kinda guy. Therefore..." Stryker drew his two greatswords as Tavi drew her rapier and Echo held up her hands about to snap her fingers. 

Silverthorn screamed in anger as she jumped over the spikes and unleashed a storm of strikes on Crimson as he anger and pain from Azure'a murder returned to her. Both Silent and Mara fired arrows at the group but Autumn destroyed them with fire spells as Kane and Blade charged them with their swords drawn. 

The room suddenly went cold, as if a dark presence had just entered the room. A tightening feeling appeared in Stryker's neck, constricting more and more until he was suddenly being strangled mysteriously. He was then thrown against a wall hard before a black portal opened in the middle of the room and Akephalos appeared before them. Venom knelt before him out of impulse. "Who dares threaten my servants?!" He called out in a demonic voice as Stryker continued to suffocate before he was finally released and dropped to the ground.

Crimson chuckled as he dodged her strikes before landing a hard hit to her stomach, "You're out of your league kid." He whispered in her ear before she went flying back across the ground. Caesar appeared before Blade and Kane, his red eyes darted between them in second before he disarmed them both and tripped them down. Ally flashed in front Autumn, "You're mine girly!" She said gleefully as she round house kicked her back, Ally hit the ground running towards Autumn. Flints fist collided with Obitos causing a massive shockwave, Uchiha flashed above bringing his fists down but Flint blocked with his left arm, Flint then spun grabbing each of his enemies wrists and tossing them aside. Obito skidded to a halt before his hands moved like a blur, "Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu." From the ground flowed a current of water which formed into a dragon, Flint lit up his hands and formed giant whips, slashing down the watery dragon. Without warning, Uchiha sped in punching Flint square in the face. Flint took a step back, crushing the ground beneath creating a large crater, Flint spat out blood and glared at Uchiha, who was stunned to see the man had withstood his punch. "What are you?" Uchiha asked with surprise. Flints face contorted with anger, "A man with a Fire in his belly." He said grabbing Uchihas collar and breathing out an inferno in Uchihas face, the force tore Uchiha away from his cloak and sent him scrambling across the charred ground. Obito swirled into existence behind Flint, but the Eastern Dragon spun around on him back handing him then following up with a right hook, but his punch was stopped cold by a purple aura surrounding Obito. Flint jumped back getting a better look, Obito was encased by a purple aura rib-cage. Flints concern grew as the rib-cage grew into the upper half of a skeleton, "Thats new."

Tavi ran over to help Stryker stand up as he coughed, Echo hissed and went to snap her fingers but a glowing light stopped her. From above, Tia and Luna floated down facing Akephalos, "We dare, especially when you're servants believe they can kill whoever they please, even the innocent. As well as associating with Rose." Trax stepped forward, "We are far from anything with her, in fact we are working against her. To save Equestria, and the world."

Archived