Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Shadow finally walked into the sanctuary as Trax sat on a levitating sheet of ice held up by Black, Trax held a dark blue handeld Katana in his hands and eyes closed. Shadow sat in a chair facing them, "Hows the wound?" He asked while he poured his glass of wine, Trax remained completely still but opened one eye to look at Shadow, "Been well, the mages in the infirmary were able to heal most of it, but I am taking young Azure out on a simple assassination contract. Care to join?" He asked him back as Azure came up almost amazed at Traxs meditation technique. Shadow shook his head, "Im just waiting for any special requests from the Prophet, something challenging hopefully, I feel our recent mission has given us a bad reputation. We need to redeem ourselves with those two Mares...." He said trying to hold back his annoyance. Trax smiled, "Indeed, find one for us in canterlot so we can leave after I get back." Trax told him as he stepped down from the sheet of ice and lead Azure out. Shadow watched them go then took another sip, 'I really hope the Prophet didnt see what happened last night.... But the new life force and energy from those assassins were more than filling' He thought to himself licking his lips.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a blur of steal and blood spattering onto Killjoy's face. The Warlord's hand hit the ground along with his dagger still clinched in it. "I'm not surprised, they always choose the hard way." she said before decapitating the poor Warlord, letting his head roll on the floor before his body fell to the ground with a thud. Killjoy flicked the blood off her blade before sheathing it. "oh well, the job is done and that's all that matters." and like that she disappeared into the darkness leaving no trace that she was there at all.

"Where do you think you're going, little filly?" A voice said as a hand suddenly came from nowhere and grabbed Killjoy's throat and threw her out of the darkness back into plain view. Several masked assassins appeared and surrounded her. "You stole our kill, Bloodmoon scum. Now you just answer to the Shadow Hunters." One of them said with a snarl.

Killjoy rolled and landed on her feet "Oh did I? I guess the villagers summoned the both of us, though it seems you were just a little too late. It's good you all are here though, I was worried I would be going home bored." she pulled out her katana and readied it. "The thing is, I don't know you ponies are actually skilled or just plain stupid to try to face a Death Knight of the Bloodmoon Order, not only that...you're going to be locking blades with the Order's best assassin, You can call me Lady of Death, it's a pleasure to meet you all" she said bowing playfully. She then vanished into a cloud of smoke. Suddenly the assassin in the back was pulled into the darkness where screams echoed along with the spurting of blood. She then appeared in the middle, roundhouse kicking one assassin before slamming the hilt of her sword into another one's face, then slashing the last one's side before dashing back creating distance from the group.

More Shadow Hunters appeared and surrounded Killjoy. One of them lit his horn and shot fire from his horn at Killjoy while another shot lightning. A Shadow Hunter quickly flew by and slashed her in the side while another shot an arrow into her leg.

A servant approached Shadow in the sanctuary. "The prophet wishes to see you."

Killjoy ducked and let the magic casters hit each other, she took the hit on the side, but deflected the arrow with her sword before pulling out her crossbow, shooting the archer in the chest. She put her hand on her side and saw the blood before chuckling as her eyes constricted and her face growing more unsettling. The chuckle then turned into an insane laugh. "now it's getting fun." she said licking the blood from her fingers "it's so warm...how about yours." she vanished just to appear behind another assassin "is your blood warm too!?" she asked driving her sword into his back and out his chest. "Look it's raining." she said slicing up cutting the upper portion of the assassin's body in half.

Suddenly one of the assassins came behind Killjoy and forced a dagger deep into the upper section of her back, slowly twisting it around. He grabbed Killjoy around the neck with large hands and tightened his grip on her throat. "Someone's having a little too much fun...." he whispered in a sinister tone, twisting the dagger some more. "....still think the Darkness is your friend, Bloodmoon?"

Killjoy gritted her teeth but gave not satisfaction to the assassin causing her pain. She reached back grabbing the assassin's hand "I'm just having a blast." she judo throwing him into the ground before stabbing into his chest. "Fun time is over..." her voice now serious and full of anger. She then vanished once more and the assassins were getting slashed all over from all direction with such speed. "die...Die...DIe....DIE!" she shouted as she impaled the last assassin with her katana, her body now covered in the blood of the other assassins. She looked at one that was still alive "you tell you're leader, you tell him stay out of my way, because next time...I'll be coming for him." she said pulling flicking the blood off her sword and sheathed it for the final time then vanishing out of the area leaving the corpses bleeding in the streets. She landed on a branch on a tree in the forest. She reached behind her grabbing the knife. She took a deep breathe before pulling the knife out quickly. she gritted her teeth and fought back from screaming. "Prophet must know that the shadow hunter activity is getting more frequent and a lot more hostile." she said to herself before running off through the trees to the sanctuary.

Shadow nodded and sighed standing up and heading to the prophets lair. Black shrugged and levitated himself up and to meditate and drink his wine. Shadow entered the room and took a knee, "You summoned me Prophet of Darkness?" He said loyally hoping for a good contract, but the thought of him possibly seeing the events of last night haunted the back of his mind.

Killjoy entered the sanctuary, she was wobbly and uncoordinated, she leaned against the wall as she walked smearing blood on along the side. Her breathing was heavy fore her body was feeling weak. She just got to the door of the Prophet's room before collapsing.

"Yes I did, Shadow." He said as he stepped out of the darkness and approached Shadow. He heard the sound of Killjoy hitting the ground outside. "Excuse me one moment." He said as he lit his horn and teleported Killjoy's body inside. He set her on a dark cloud in the room and casted a spell on her, her body slowly healing. "This is the only time dark magic is tiresome to me." He said, wishing he could heal Killjoy faster. "Now then, I'm curious, Shadow. Where did you get this power from?" He asked Shadow.

Shadow felt his body convulse from within as his greatest fear was revealed, he had half a mind to activate it now just in case he attacked him, he stood up and looked at the prophet with his demonic red eyes. "Why do you want to know?" He asked sternly.

The Prophet saw the power within Shadow and stood up, his own immense dark power beginning to show. "Because, my child....you do not wish to invoke the Darkness, do you?" He said, his voice becoming slightly demonic.

Diamonds Eyes looked at Soul with a smirk. "Return to your Prophet, for I will pay whatever it takes for you to complete this task for me." Soul had a strange feeling about this, but listened carefully anyway. "I want you to kill......" He said, pausing for a moment. "....King Bloodline." Soul's jaw dropped. "Are you serious?"

((Dun dun duuuuuuuuun.))

((Lol looks like Shadow will be returning to the Kingdom that tried to kill him.))

Shadow glared at him, he could feel their powers converge like two currents from two strong rivers, if they fought now they would obliterate the entire sanctuary. "Its called the Sharingan, a side-effect of being born of the batpony race under a blood-red moon, so far I am the only living one who has made it to adult hood. Call it perks of being the Kings brother, my kind has hated me and others like me because they think we are too dangerous and must be killed on sight. But if you were born on the Blue Harvest Moon, your respected like a king, my brother was lucky enough to be born that night. However it does come with a good perk, you can live forever as long as your opposite is still alive, yet again my brother and I share that burden as he is my opposite. His eyes look just like mine but blue instead of red, our powers are almost limitless, even I dont know what i am fully capable of." Shadow explained but looked around seeing every single member in the sanctuary through the walls by their energy, "If you want to test it out, we can move to somewhere less..... populated by dear friends." He added in knowing the Prophet would agree, hopefully.

The Prophet sat back down, his powers calming down. "You've interested me, dear Shadow. In due time, I would love to learn more of your special powers." He said, his frightening yet friendly demeanor returning. "I believe the Darkness will find you to be a great harbinger of death."

Killjoy opened her eyes and instantly shot up "Prophet....we're getting trouble from pests. The Shadow Hunters are becoming more active. The contract with the warlord was also given to our rivals, these roaches came in numbers so it means there even more members now. They are a lot more aggressive since I've last encountered them. Prophet, it's almost like they want a war."

The Prophet turned to Killjoy with a grim look. "Shadow Hunters..." he said quietly with annoyance under his breath. "Those worms whom the Darkness rejected. They will be slaughtered." Just then, Soul entered the room and bowed to Chaosweaver. "Prophet, I've returned from meeting the one who prayed to the darkness and wanted a contract." Chaosweaver nodded to Soul. "Well, who does this person want to kill?" Soul hesitated for a moment before responding. "King Bloodline of the Bat Ponies." Even the Prophet was dumbfounded on how to reply to that.

Instantly Shadow held a katana to Souls throat, his eyes were in the second stage of the Sharingan, "Touch him and you die, who ever this contracter is, I wont let him put my brother in harms way." He said coldly, he didnt want to harm Soul but his instinct to protect his younger brother overpowered him.

Soul held his hand up, his intent never to harm Shadow's family. The Prophet shook his head and sighed. "If somebody prays to the darkness....it must be done. To kill a King is to prove our might." He said, for once dumbfounded and shocked at what to do. He did not want to harm Shadow's family, but the darkness marked him for death. "I..I need some time alone. You're all dismissed." He said, fading into the shadows.

"Someone named Diamond Eyes. I don't know much about him, he was really strange acting. He offered us a fortune for the contract, and if we did it, all of Equestria will fear us." Soul sighed. "The Prophet will make the right decision. I know he won't try and harm you intentionally."

"I do not know anypony by that name, but if he wants my brother dead, he has already written his tombstone. Should the Prophet decide to go through with it, I will not hesitate to protect my brother, he and I cannot live without the other." Shadow stopped them and looked at Soul in the eyes, "Please Soul, do not accept this contract, dont make me choose between my family and friends. Nothing good will come of it."

"It's out of my hands now. The Prophet has to decide." Soul said with a sigh, hoping a compromise could be met.

Hailstorm slowly awoke in a dimly lit room. He looked around to find that his injuries had all been healed. He could still feel the torment from the void burning his skin. Another figure entered the room and approached him. "So, you're Hailstorm the Cruel, former Death Knight of the Bloodmoon Order?" The voice asked. Hailstorm struggled to get up. "Who's asking?" He replied. The figure removed a hood from his head to reveal an unicorn man standing there, his eyes glowing red. "The Shadow Hunters."

Archived