One Wrong Turn Leads to Another [Closed, Tetsu Katen]

PecanPraline

"It's official; I'm lost."

This was said out loud by none other than Akarui Uta, who was slowly walking along the road towards Huangjing. At least, that's where the road was supposed to lead. But so far, there was nothing in sight. Akarui sighed, looking around. this stretch of road didn't look any more familiar than the last part, and it all seemed to stretch on for miles yet. It was beginning to dishearten the poor Longma. 

Her body began to ache, especially her chest, and she knew she had to stop. So Akarui stepped off the road and into the shade of the trees, leaning against one to rest her body. She let out a sigh then, frustrated. She had been trying to make it to her parents' estate to surprise her mother for her birthday, but now it looked like it wasn't going to happen. And she hadn't wanted anypony to spoil it, so only her roommate knew where she had gone. And Yoru wouldn't get suspicious for a few days yet. Akarui wasn't particularly worried about now eventually being found, and she wasn't too worried about surviving in the woods for an extra night or two. But she was worried about potentially needing a doctor. It was incredibly likely for her, after all.

She pondered all of this while still sitting under the tree, so lost in thought that she didn't notice anything in her surroundings.

Tetsu was by no means a stealthy stallion, simply plodding along as he made his way to the next destination. That had been a bit of a bust in the last town, so now he was looking for somewhere else to get the supplies from. 

"Ugh, mom's not going to let me go anywhere after that..." He groaned, shaking his head a bit. Currently, he had left his weapons back at home, leaving him wearing nothing but his bandana as he made his way down the road. It was about then that he noticed the mare underneath one of the trees, staring at her for a few moments before approaching and placing a hoof on her shoulder. 

"What's the matter? Out of breath or something?" He asked simply, adopting a worried look as he looked her over. 

Akarui blinked as she was lifted from thought by a gentle hoof on her shoulder. She blinked and looked up at the stallion. "Oh, no, I'm... okay for now. I'm just lost and worried about later when my lungs start giving out..." she let that sit in the air as she sighed. There was a long moment before she realized how that might've sounded and quickly backpedaled. 

"I mean because I have a health condition, not like I'm about to drop dead, altough that's possible if I push myself to far, but it's not likely- Oh, sorry, I'm rambling aren't I? I just need to make it to my parents' estate in Neighpon. Do you know which way it is to the Xing Estate?"

Tetsu blinked a bit as the mare spoke. So she was some kinda sickly kid from a rich family? Well, rich enough to have an estate, anyways, which was rich enough for him. 

"The Xing Estate? Hmm... Let me see..." He said, humming slightly as he looked around, trying to look like he was trying to find the best path. "Yeah, its this way. I'll take you there if you want."

"You will?!" Akarui cried, hopping to her feet and only swooning a little bit. "Oh, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. And I'm sure my parents will pay you for your troubles! I've been living on my own for a while and they were starting to get worried..." she trailed off as she realized she was rambling again. But she adjusted her saddlebag and gave him a bubbly smile as she waited for him to lead the way.

Archived