Official Discussion Thread - S08E20 A Rockhoof and a Hard Place

tacobob

HrDVcuB.png

A Rockhoof and a Hard Place is the twenty-first episode of season eight of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and the one hundred and ninetieth overall. The episode title is a play on the expression "between a rock and a hard place".

When Rockhoof, one of the Pillars of Old Equestria, has trouble fitting into the modern world, Twilight Sparkle and her friends try to help him find a new purpose.

I really liked this episode.

Spoiler

Between several funny bits and Yona's adorable crush on Rockhoof, it was all around a fun little episode.

Bits:

1. Wonder where those scars on Seaspray's face came from? I don't believe he had them the last time he was in an episode.

2. Being turned into stone by command seemed to be a way of getting around the idea that Rockhoof was kind of suicidal.

3. It is rather depressing to see the big guy at his village knowing that everyone he pretty much know and loved was long dead. I assumed the episode would end with him going back in time...

4. Poor Cranky Doodle.

5. Hopefully they'll make sure to give him a call when some big evil decides to invade Ponyville!

6. Poor random green mare.

m0V0P7u.png

Archived