A heart of gold. (Open)

HopeGoldy

His ear twitched towards the voice, and it took only one glance before Sombra faced forward again, staring directly at Hope. He had no idea what he just saw, or who it was. What was even going on? Was he having a stroke? Unfortunately, as far as he was aware, perhaps not..

Sombra was torn between deciding whether this new apparition was an illusion of some sort, though he'd never sensed Hope using her magic, or if this being was simply the lord of chaos, Discord himself, in some strange form. From what Sombra knew of Discord, the spirit was known for all sorts of strange hijinks, but he had never personally met the draconequus yet. He didn't want to ask, either. Something like bitter anger was growing in his chest as he frowned across the space at Hope, angry that his attempt to teach her about the Crystal Empire's history and to simultaneously tell a story was being spoiled.

He would never admit to anypony that he had a love of stories, mostly of hearing them, and occasionally to share it through telling one too without making his love of stories obvious. The shadow king grumpily crossed his forelegs and slouched back in his seat, his ears pinned back. Sombra could only stare at Hope, disgruntled.

"welp. I'm leaving for a walk. Bye bye, kids." the weird being said, now walking away.

"oooookay. That was weird. Wheeeere were we?" she asked, thinking a little. She looked at his now officially grumpy self and smiled. She hoped she could get him to cheer up more. She grinned and usee black magic to make this room seem as his own. She looked at him again, then around. She had never even been in his room so the fact she was in it right now was confusing and surprising. "nice room by the way. Never seen it." she hoped she had cheered him up as she turned on some music. The song was invincible by Skilnet. (Yep. Skillet. Made it skilnet to make it fit in)

"We were at the part when I was telling you about the very beginning of the Crystal Empire's history and the umbrums' attack on it," Sombra stated flatly, quietly glad that the apparition had gone. It allowed him to relax a little again, nevermind the way Hope tried to change their surroundings with an illusion. It didn't look much like any room that he'd keep, though the sheen of dark crystal echoed the time he'd once ruled the empire. How she could know anything, unless she'd come to the empire the same time those meddlers had, then she would've seen the effect his corruption had on the city.

"You've never seen it, and you'll never know it. This isn't it. My history lesson isn't over." The umbrum abruptly straightened up in his seat, dark magic flickering around his horn for a moment to try and halt the music record Hope started to play. With anger, some of his usual rashness was resurfacing and he had to emotionally bite down on it to control it.

"The Crystal Heart kept the empire safe so long as it was kept on its pedestal beneath the palace, in the city's heart. The Crystal Faire strengthened its magic through the love and light of its citizens, aided with the help of a crystal princess. It has always been like that until I came along. Throughout most of my life I thought I was normal, despite how terribly I was treated by most crystal ponies for not being like them. I'm sure somewhere in their hearts they knew what I was and feared me. All save one, but she's unimportant," Sombra sneered, his upper lip curling.

"What is important is that I knew agony every Crystal Faire that came and never knew why. Never understood any of it. Until something good happened to that mare and drove me out into the wastes where I discovered what I truly was. I returned to take the heart and carry out my purpose, feeling as if I had no other choice now, and Amore tried to stop me. And you know what happened then?" Sombra's head cocked and he verbally barrelled on towards his harsh reveal. "She revealed she knew what I'd been all along and let me suffer all those years. She called me a monster, so I turned her to crystal and broke her for it."

She carefully listened and when she heard her mother's name her eyes turned as red as his. He had killed her mother. Or maybe it was just a sleep and she had fo find the crystals that were part of her mother? Whatever the case, she narrowed her eyes at him, obviously mad at him, but not scared. 

"momma? What're you doing?" The small filly asked her mom. "i need to take care of something, sweety. There is a very bad pony out there who needs some treatment. I'll be back in a minute." she tilted her head and looked out the window, seeing a grey unicorn who was about to take the crystal heart away. She wasn't scared, but rather curious. When she turned around again, she was knocked out.

her breathing was heavy, yet light. As if her breathing could faint anytime. She took a deep breath and walked away. She didn't say anything though. She knew she had been sleepwalking at night and was going to where she had gonemin her sleep almost every night. A cave. A cave like where the tree of harmony stood but different. This was under the castle of canterlot. "it's not worth my energy to get mad at him. It was only out of anger, just an accident, nothing more."

King Sombra felt a certain vicious satisfaction in letting loose that secret he'd been harboring ever since he'd discovered the mare's identity. He saw the way her eyes flared red with dark magic and his body tensed, expecting a fight. He would've even welcomed one if it meant a little excitement, but instead Hope appeared to struggle to control her breathing until finally taking that one, deep, calming breath. Some disappointment filled him and he quietly snorted, relaxing.

His magic flickered out to tear down whatever illusion she'd put in her house, returning it back to normal. He hardly looked away from her as he did so, watching the changeling leaving him alone in her own house. Sombra debated on following her this time- he could easily end up pushing the issue without trying to.

Sombra pulled himself to his hooves and strode after her, just far enough to exit her home. He shut the door behind him with his magic, red eyes focused on Hope as she headed off in between Ponyville's straw-roofed buildings. From what little he could tell of her body language, she was deep in thought. Perhaps it would be best to leave her be to think.

"Find me when you want answers!" Sombra called after her. Leaving it at that, he waited until she was out of view before he started off, picking a random direction to wander in. There was still time left in the day for him to wander Ponyville..

She arrived at that cave and saw her mom, but made of crystals. There was only one piece missing before she was complete. Her eyes widened. "so this is where i go when I'm asleep..." she mumbled, staring at her crystallized mom. She immediately went to search for the last piece, even flying as fast as Rainbow Dash to do so. Maybe she only knew where the last piece was when she was asleep, since she couldn't find it at all when she was awake. She even flew past Sombra, very fast, almost knocking him over because of the strong wind. 

(If i were to rp as her mom, do i have to apply to play as Amore or can i take over a form from the wikipedia?)

The quiet ambience of the town had finally settled over Sombra, who was intent on trying to pick up where he left off: exploring this town. It gave him a reason to get out of Canterlot for a while, gave him something to do, though after his meeting with Hope, he could scarcely manage to resume his explorations before. Thoughts still crowded his mind and anger still sat uncomfortably in his chest, burning like a flame.

He was only distracted by the sound of wingbeats and the sudden appearance of Hope, flying swiftly by him. He ducked to avoid her, feeling wind ruffling his coat and his long mane, though his hooves remained firmly planted on the ground. Where could she be flying off to so swiftly, or had she made an attempt to attack him after considering he was worth fighting? No.. perhaps not.

His eyes narrowed and Sombra straightened, frowning after the disappearing blue blur of Hope.

[You would have to apply to play her, since she's considered a canon character.]

(I asked to apply a few hours ago, no answer. And i won't rp as Amore until i have permission to. So that last crystal piece will have to wait.)

After hours and hours of searching, she finally gave up and returned to her home. She sighed and went to make a dessert. It was a very delicious mix of vanilla pudding with strawberry syrup. She grabbed herself a bowl of the mixture and went to sit outside in her front yard. "i wish i had found that last piece...but knowing my luck, I'll have to be patient or I'll never see mom again." she said to herself, holding back some tears.

After hours of crying, she kinda snapped. She wanted to fight. Just a small sparring match, one where you could use all kinds of magic, including black magic. Her eyes turned red, the white part of her eyes green and purple smoke started erupting from her eyes as well. (Like Sombra in the series) her black magic was felt wll over ponyville (pony ville...silent hill? Sounds similar to eachother). Black clouds covered the small town and it began raining rocks. "if i can not have my mom back, nobody can!!!" her now mad sounding voice echoed through the town. Magic began taking everyone's mom away to float in the air in bubbles. Many fillies cried and even the most adult stallion would get annoyed real fast. Without moms, fillies would make problems and cause chaos that nopony could stop.

(Better? I noticed that you didn't reply for a long time so i edited my post a bit.)

Edited by HopeGoldy
Maybe they were stuck?

Those hours passed Sombra by and lead him right back to the train station, where he was planning on returning to Canterlot after a less than productive trip to the country town. The only thing notable that he could tell Celestia about when he returned to Canterlot would be his encounter with Hope, but beyond that? Eh.

He started up the wooden steps of the platform when it happened. The feeling of dark magic just on the edge of his awareness. Sombra came to a halt and looked back at the town with a frown, scowling when he saw the gathering of dark clouds and various ponies drifting up in what looked like... bubbles? He blinked. Somehow, he had a feeling he knew who was causing it. Sombra turned back to the platform, finding himself in a dilemma. It would be very easy for him to simply get on the train and go right back to Canterlot, to leave ponies to deal with this on their own. Surely the Princess Twilight Sparkle would rise to the occasion to meddle, as she did, but who knew? His tail lashed. He had no interest in helping.

Grumbling to himself, Sombra heaved a sigh and turned back towards town with a roll of his red eyes. Perhaps he would decide to meddle, though why Hope didn't come directly back to him to blast him with magic in some fit of distraught anger was a mystery.

The king of shadows trod right back into town, heading for where he knew Hope's house to be. He ignored panicked ponies along the way, feeling that what ponies were still on the ground were more than capable of reigning in the upset children without his help.

She just kept going, waiting for somepony to come stop her. She almost cried but held her head high. Surely, the mane six would show up, right? She was wrong though. They never came. Not even Celestia or Luna. In her rage and sadness, she didn't think properly and even mocked the village. "ahwe. Isn't there somepony going to show up? No? Well what a pity." she grinned widely and laughed, as if Chrysalis herself had possessed her. Her usually ponylike look disappeared into a dark form of her own self.

(I'm sorry, i can't think of anything else)