Seeking Friends/Family/RP Partners of Hawthorn

This thread has two distinct parts to it.

1. Offering Hawthorn's unapped family members for others to apply for. They have certain characteristics I've already chosen for them, but will largely be up to the other member's creativity to produce.

2. Finding people with characters that either would logically have met Hawthorn for whatever reason or who would have an interesting dynamic with Hawthorn that would make for a good rp thread.

Hawthorn's app

1. Hawthorn's family

In general, I recommend these characters to either new members who are struggling to come up with ideas for an OC, or for players who like a lot of slice of life. They are by nature rather wholesome characters built on simple archetypes that I encourage anyone who apps them to expand upon. However, there is some potential for a deeper narrative with Hawthorn's father, Flax Seed.

• Ginger Snap: Hawthorn's mother. A middle-aged mare. Sweet and caring, but also very hardworking. Loves her children more than anything, but rarely has time to express this because of how busy she is with work. The exact nature of her work is currently unspecified and could be expanded on.
  • Parsley: Hawthorn's oldest brother, not much younger than he is. Honestly, been thinking of retconning this guy out of existence considering I don't really have any ideas for him... Still, I'm leaving him up for grabs. His personality is the most up in the air out of everypony.
  • Sage: Oldest sister of the family. Could be written as either an older filly or a very young mare. Mature and soft-spoken, though not shy, she is the most independent of Hawthorn's younger siblings. Tends to pick up on the lessons Ginger Snap and Hawthorn give more quickly than anypony else and has been known to help with the housework.
  • Thyme: Youngest brother and a young foal. As the youngest child of Flax Seed, he is actually the only member of the family not to have even briefly met their father. He is creatively inclined and aspires to be an artist, likely a painter. Has been known to find inspiration in the beautiful plants their family grows in the garden. Possibility of being initially a blank flank.
  • Flax Seed: This is the guy I mentioned previously that leaves an opening for a possible deeper narrative to develop. For whatever reason, he left the family when Hawthorn was young (and by extension is the only member of the family who does NOT live in Ponyville). The reason for him leaving doesn't have to be selfish in nature, but does not have to make him a good father either (for example, my current thought is that he left to use his knowledge of medicinal plants to help sick ponies around the world in order to atone for some currently unspecified guilt). Whatever the reason, nopony in the family knows it besides Ginger Snap. As of right now I don't envision him as a villain character, though I can be convinced of just about anything with compelling reason.

2. Other connections

For those not interested in apping a new character in Hawthorn's family, this thread is also targeting anyone who believes their existing character or character ideas may be good for friends of Hawthorn. This includes, but is not limited to:

• In general particularly outgoing residents of Ponyville he inevitably would have run into at some point
  • Night owls, as much of Hawthorn's gathering of rare magical herbs is done at night
  • Fellow lovers of nature; Plant lovers would have a lot to talk about with him while animal lovers could provide a different perspective
  • Anypony with a medical condition or tendency of getting sick that an herbalist could help with