Hello Equestria! Long Time Toy Collector Here!

JabberwockyPie

I'm JabberwockyPie. I'm a 23-year-old woman and I collect toys! Right now, aside from ponies, I'm really into Lalaloopsy, My Child dolls from the 80s, and just about any quirky weird stuff. I even have a big plushie martian from Lauren Faust's Milky Way & The Galaxy Girls - and that was before I knew she was responsible for Friendship is Magic!

My holy grail of my toy collecting is my COMPLETELY MINT Strawberry Shortcake Berry Happy Home dollhouse, which I've wanted since I saw the SSC specials when I was 3, before I even knew they had made it. (No, you may not play with it. Not even if you're older than me. I might let you look at it from a safe distance. You might mess it up or spill something on my precioussssss.) Being born in late 1987 - at the tail end of the 80s - and having a mother whose thrift store searching bordered on obsessive (Mommy Flibble is AMAZING) I had ALL ofcthe fantastic cracked-out 80s toys as a child because she was an amazing at fixing up used toys or finding the very last such-and-such on clearance somewhere years after they stopped making it. While not all of the 80s and early 90s toys I had were important enough to me to merit re-collecting them, I have fond memories of things ranging from Rainbow Brite to Puppy Suprise (which were REALLY weird if you think about it) to Care Bears to Moon Dreamers to my mother's Liddle Kiddles from the late 1960s. I had American Girl dolls when I was a bit older and collected those for a while, though at this point I only still have my favorites. I'm fond of some of Barbie's old friends and family like Francie, but very rarely Barbie herself.

I was known long LONG ago as Buttercup Flibble on Twinkler N Tigerhawk's Little Purple Board of Destruction, though I'm not sure if anypony here even remembers that little site except for GeekyBones. We've known each other for . . . oh, it has to be at least seven or eight years now, I think, though we lost touch for a bit. Fortunately we found out that we still liked each other! I stopped collecting because the board fell apart (which was very sad) and I realized I was just getting ponies to get ponies rather than because I really liked them. I'm more of a doll person at heart. But I'm a little older and a little wiser now. I've made some mistakes with some of my various collections (I may never stop beating up on myself for selling my original Strawberry Shortcake dolls, but I WILL find a Berrykin Plum Puddin' and Berrykin Orange Blossom again one day!), but I think I'm doing pretty well nowadays with being True To Myself and collecting things I like instead of what other people think I should and I've gotten over the "WHAT YOU ARE A TEENAGER/ YOUNG ADULT AND YOU PLAY WITH DOLLS!?" thing. (I don't even try to pass it off as being for a sister/niece anymore.) I like to think that the FiM ponies would approve.

In the last month or so she has dragged me back into ponies by making me watch Friendship is Magic and it's amazing (as you all surely know) and I ended up getting the toys of the six core cast members plus Sweetie Belle (and even the stupid over-priced set with the balloon just because it had Spike).

I like making stuff for my toys. Right now I'm working on a shared-universe-shelving-world for Lalaloopsy dolls, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, and anyone else cute, quirky, and weird enough to hang out there. (No Barbies! They go on their own shelf.) I suppose I'll post pictures by and by.

Anyway, GeekyBones mentioned this site to me and it sounded fun. It's been almost as long since I last RP'd as since I last collected ponies (at least six years because Dungeons & Dragons doesn't count. D&D is "HEY LET'S KILL STUFF!) but I'm going to give it a good solid try and I hope I don't make too many mistakes.

You definitely MUST post pics of these shelves sometime. Even if you don't do crossovers. I <3 toy shelves. I don't have many toys/figurines myself, the ones I do have are all on top of a stand next to my computer. They're sitting in a circle... plotting something.

Oh I will take pictures, things are just kind of disheveled right now because I set my shelves up where the really good lighting is and that's ALSO where I take Ebay pictures, so I had to move everypony and everydoll off because I've been doing some Ebay listing. That and I got a new, better backdrop from a prettier shade of blue felt. I'm working on sewing some clouds on so that the pegasus ponies can chill out in the clouds just like on the cartoon

I'm glad that they took the magnets off since they started the G4/FiM line. I guess it was supposed to be a safety thing, too, but it was annoying that you couldn't put the G3 ponies near your computer without risking breaking your monitor. (And more than a few people broke theirs when the G3 ponies first came out because they didn't realize that the magnets making pretty pretty colors were, in fact, BAD.)

I happen to make a fair amount of side income selling toys from the 30s-80s, if I hear of any Berry Happy Homes I will definitely pass on the word!

Puppy Surprise was my FAVORITE TOY EVER when I was a kid. I came across one in an auction a couple years ago without its puppies and had to explain the concept to my husband. The faces he made were GREAT, but he did end up buying it for me. I keep memory cards in it.

Glad to have you!

Wow, you just mentioned so many things from my childhood that I had forgotten- i'm a bit overwhelmed. I do hope you post pictures of your shelves, that would be a real blast from the past. I was an 84' kid, so I remember watching all the same things :'>