The Perfect Gift [CrossStitch, Conor Colton]

CrossStitch

After Colton was done with his work he buzzed straight back to Gladwin who was standing with the chairs and tables but no balcony, "Uh buddy, where's the balcony? We can't do this without a balcony!" Colton stated clearly as he thought his plan over in further depth, "Actually......we probably can....the balcony was actually...kind of unnecessary....and now that I think about so was the chairs....and the tables." Colton said as he looked back at an unamused Gladwin.

".......Forget the chairs, and the tables...just leave 'em there." Colton said as he buzzed back to the top of the castle but not before gesturing Gladwin to follow, ".....Well come on then?" He said as he zoomed back up to the castle's top.

When the two reached their destination Colton pointed out a small indent on the side of the castle roof, completely deserted but now it was hung with festive decorations and looked like an actual presentable room, "What?....When I said top of the castle don't tell me you expected us to sit on the actual roof." Colton said as he flew into the alcove, "This place has been here for years...nopony's ever fixed it." Colton stated as he admired the view of the outside from the alcove, "And this...right here. Is where we're gonna take Holly and Flux on Hearth's warming.......Well....what you think?"

Gladwin gave Colton a look of irritation as he told him to leave the chairs and tables.

He left them there and soared off to catch up with Colton. He flew beside the pegasus, but slightly above him. He did this so he could give him a light hit on the noggin, "What is this plan you've got cooked up anyways?" Gladwin said as the irritation flowed out of him and was replaced with curiosity.

Gladwin considered the alcove, and thought about the idea. "Holly DID always want to fly..." He said, rubbing his chin. He eventually nodded with approval, "Good idea, pal! We should get some drinks to bring up here as well!" He said excitedly. A picnic on top of Cantrerlot castle for Hearth's Warming Eve... Yeah, that sounded perfect.

Colton sat lazily in the alcove, taking in the scenery, imagining Flux right beside him wearing the necklace. He snapped out of it though when Gladwin spoke up, "See...you never should have doubted me man." Colton said as he flew up and considered the possibility of a drinks,.....Does Flux even like to drink?.....Meh I'll have to ask. Colton said as he once again imagined the setting for Hearth's warming eve.

He sighed slightly as he knew he had to leave the alcove but found himself reassured that he would return soon enough. He turned back to Gladwin, "So what do we do now then?" Colton said as his mind drew a blank on what he do next, but he figured that all he wanted to do had been done as he lightly patted the pocket with the necklace in it.

Colton then thought for a second before taking the necklace within it's case out again, "Do me a favour will ya buddy? Hold onto this until Hearth's warming when we take the girls out okay? Knowing my luck I'd probably get caught out right away."

"I guess... We wait?" Gladwin said with a shrug.

Colton presented him with Flux's necklace asking him to hold on to it for him. Gladwin smiled and took it, "Of course, pal." He nodded and put the necklace in the same bag that he kept his other gifts in.

"I guess we should go home now." He said watching the sun set. The thought of crawling into bed with Holly made him smile as he let out a small yawn. He shook his head to clear his drowsiness. "I'm sure Flux is probably wondering where you are." Gladwin laughed heartily.

"Yeah...you're probably right..." Colton said with a smile as he thought of getting back to Flux

"I better get heading back before I arouse....too much suspicion." Colton though as he though he had some serious explaining to do when he got back....more than likely to Torvus, "Yeah if I don't get back soon I'm sure Torvus'll have something clever to say." Colton said as he looked about and saw the tower off in the distance, "Good guy though." Colton said as he waved to Gladwin and departed back towards the tower.

"See ya Gladwin! You hold onto those present's and Holly'll hold onto you..." Colton said as he chuckled, "Great system you got going there." Colton said as he waved his final goodbye, "Thanks for the help by the way." Colton said as Sparks waved back to the griffin.