[Canterlot] Out for a Stroll (OPEN)

Spectre

Spectre Trifles was bored. Extremely bored. So bored that she was tempted to start kicking things just for the hell of it, but she wouldn't. Instead, she was going to trot about her hometown-- or city, as it were-- and see if she found anything interesting to do, or anypony interesting to meet. She strolled nonchalantly from her elegant home, not even trying to stifle a giant yawn before setting off, pristine white hooves making pleasant 'clip-clop-clip-clop' sounds against the paving of the roads.

Perhaps she should have made more of an effort to make friends when she was younger-- surely then she wouldn't be so bored and lonely all the time. Oh, but the girls at her school had been so snobby, always teasing about her lack of cutie mark, always bragging about their own. She remembered one filly, Ruby Ring-- whose cutie mark, incidently, was a ruby ring. What the hay did that even stand for? Being overly prissy? Spectre snorted as she walked, startling another pony (who was massively over dressed) as she passed by.

She cantered down a side road, observing the elaborate architecture around her. It was pretty, she surposed. It certainly suited the tastes of Princess Celestia, and most every unicorn Spectre had ever met. But, despite her having grown up here, it didn't suit her-- she would've prefered impenetrable grey stone walls, and battlements, less fancy decoration and more grim practicality, a city ready for siege and battle instead of formal get-togethers. But, of course, there was no reason for such things, at least not here. And most ponies prefered the elegance, after all. Spectre's own taste in decor was overwhelmed by the wants of the masses.

Trotting back onto a main road, she turned-- and her hoof caught on possibly the only uneven slab of paving in all of Canterlot, sending Spectre hooves-over-horn and causing her to faceplant into the road. Dazed, she had no more sense than to kick a hind leg and groan.

"Oww." She grumped, waiting for the street to stop spinning so comically.

Dazzle Dawn hummed cheerfully to herself as she strolled languidly down the streets of Canterlot with a smile on her face. She didn't have any classes at the university today, so she was just roaming around her beautiful home of Canterlot looking for anypony who seemed like he or she might need some help finding a smile. So far, everypony she had crossed paths with seemed content enough, so she just kept walking.

That was when something caught her attention from the corner of her eye. Somepony suddenly tripped on the road! She went flying forward, landing face first on the surface. As she picked herself up, she groaned in pain. Instinctively, Dazzle ran toward her.

"Oh my Celestia!" she exclaimed as she approached the dark-maned white unicorn who appeared to be about the same age as her. "Are you okay?" She tilted her head in curiosity. "That looked like it really hurt~! Do you think you need a doctor?"

Dazzle hoped she wasn't being too overbearing. She was just so eager to help others. It's all she really wanted to do after all.

Zephyr Breeze glanced around at the overly ornate and elaborate structure that surrounded him, his wings pressing tighter against his body as he wormed through the small crowd that trotted through the streets of Canterlot. He sighed as he passed the tall tower that stood at the streets corner. "Really now?" He groaned inwardly, "I've passed this thing seven times now, and yet I still have no idea where that place is..." Breeze usually didn't travel this far east, and his unfamiliarity with the area had caused him nothing but grief so far. "Horseapples Aunty, if you were pullin' my leg," he muttered softly, his aunts words running through his head for what must have been the thousandth time.

"It'll be easy Breeze. I just need you to go pick up my order for me at my old pal River's. It'll be easy, the building is pretty noticeable so it shouldn't be a problem for you to find it."

"Yeah, yeah. Of course it'll be easy," Breeze grumbled as he turned to walk away from the tower once again. As took a final, parting glance at the structure, he paused. An idea that had soared clear over his head earlier finally stuck home. "No, no way." He quickly ran to the entry to the tower, his eyes drawn to a varnished wood sign mounted just next to the door. "River's," he read aloud. Of course... After a quick conversation with the elderly stallion inside, Breeze wandered out of the store, a package tied to his back, and began to make his way out of the town. He came to a sudden stop however, when he saw a ghost white mare stumble over something and fall onto her face.

"Oww."

Stifling a chuckle, Breeze began to head in her direction, but a flash of bright blue and green darted past him. He stopped as the blue mare began to fret over the black maned unicorn.

"Oh my Celestia! Are you okay? That looked like it really hurt~! Do you think you need a doctor?"

Breeze felt a smile creep onto his face. Good for her. Nice to see somepony carin' 'bout others wellbein'. He finally trotted up to the two mares. "Um, hello ma'ams." He glanced at the mare who'd came to help giving her a nod of appreciation before reaching out a hoof to help steady the other, and rather dizzy looking, unicorn. "You feelin' okay?"

Spectre looked up at the bright-blue, lime-maned unicorn who'd come to help, hauling herself to her feet and tossing her head as though to clear it. She rolled her head in a backwards arc, pulling her shoulders forward, and a series of loud pops and cracks echoed from her neck-- really it was more of a crunch. Making a small noise of satisfaction, Spectre turned her gaze back onto the brightly coloured pony and flashed a grin.

"Nah, I'll be right. It's not like I've never smashed my face into a rock before. Thanks for the concern though, I appreciate it." Spectre shook out her coat in a long shiver, tail lashing. "I'm glad I didn't land on my horn, though. Could've snapped right off, and no-one wants to see that."She then glanced at the newly approached green-and-blue (wow, all the green-and-blues were out today) Pegasus and nodded her head. "Yes, thank you sir. I was just a touch disoriented by the...collision, but I'm all right now." Spectre paused for a moment, before put on her gentle-stallion's demeanor-- despite being a mare, it amused her to play the 'Prince Charming' role.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Spectre Trifles, writer and journalist, though you both may call me Spook." Spectre swept one hoof to her collar and bowed politely. " And might I enquire after your name, fair lady? Good sir?" She put on her most charming smile, added a touch of magical sparkle in the air, and tried not to look as insane as she usually did.

"Ooh! I'm Dazzle Dawn. I'm a student of practical magic theory at Canterlot University! My goal is to use my magic to help spread happiness throughout Equestria!" Dazzle proclaimed with a excited giggle and a little bounce. She just loved meeting new friends! Spook seemed really cool too. She seemed kind of different in a way. Maybe mildly eccentric? Dazzle liked ponies like that. They were usually fun. That she had a cool job like being a writer just made it even more fun. "It's so nice to meet you, Spook!"

She looked at the pegasus stallion who had approached them as well and smiled at him. "And you too, Mr. Pegasus!"

Breeze smiled. Partly because of Dazzle's energetic attitude and partly because of Spook's antics. "I'm Zephyr Breeze, my friends all call me Breeze though. It's nice to meet the both of you." He glanced the two other ponies over, they both looked to be about his age. He was tempted to ask, but it'd been near beat into by his Dad that that wasn't exactly the type of question you ask a mare. Dazzle seemed nice, extremely so at that. Maybe a little naive, but that just seemed to come with the territory with nice people. There was also Spook. Spook seemed... fun. Interesting at the very least. Sure, maybe she appeared a bit crazy, but it felt like more of an 'OO! Pretty Colors~!' crazy than a 'Princess Stabbity!! KILL~!' kind of crazy. This definitely peaked his interest. Plus the bit of boyish charm, though it seemed out of place, seemed to be just compelling enough that he wanted to get to know a bit more about this mare. Subtlety would be key, he'd just have to find a way to tag around for a bit. "I'm glad to hear you're okay, that looked like a bit of a tumble there. I'm sorry to pry a bit, but where are you headin' Spook? I mean, if there's somethin' you need doin', I could help you out. I mean, sure you feel fine and all, but I know there've been times when, I at the very least, felt just fine but haven't been a hundred percent and couldn't exactly get it done." Breeze fought a strong urge to facehoof. Subtle? Yeah, that'd gone out the window real quick.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both." Spook inclined her head. She smiled gently at the mention of Canterlot University. "Ah, the good old C-U. I went there myself, y'know, not very long ago. Good times! And your ambition is a noble one." She paused for a moment, looking oddly serene, before turning her attention to Breeze.

"No-where in particular. I was just out for a stroll, actually, looking for fun times and fun ponies to enjoy them with." She tilted her ears out a little. "Or, perhaps, just pleasant times with pleasant ponies? Hmmm." She reguarded Zephyr with dark, fathomless, unreadable eyes before continuing. "Are you, perchance, a fun or pleasant pony? Both, even?" Her gaze flicked to Dazzle Dawn. "And you, pretty miss? Are you either or both of these things?" She skittered across the paving for a moment, dancing idly, hooves tapping out a beat and tail flicking.

"Though I can say with almost full certainty that I am not concussed. I may seem I teensy bit off the wall, but I assure you--" She got her face up close to Zephyr's. "--This is how I usually am~!"

(OOC: Princess Stabbity! I laughed so hard!)

Dazzle giggled merrily at Spook's antics. Maybe she was a little more than just mildly eccentric. Dazzle really liked ponies like her. She had at once point went to the University too, which was really cool. It was good to have something in common with your friends.

"You're funny, Spook," Dazzle started, still laughing.

Dazzle then tilted her head and started to think about the question addressed to her. "I'd like to think I'm a fun and pleasant pony to be around, but I've never been around myself, so I'm not really sure..." she spoke in a soft voice, blushing just a little.

(OOC: You'll have to thank Alistair for that one. I quote him quite a bit. Oh, and before anyone asks, I have NO idea where Breeze's accent came from, or even what it's based off. Probably a speech impediment. XD)

Breeze almost took a step back when Spook thrust his face towards him, the pegasus ducking slightly to avoid an accidental stabbing. Maybe I was wrong about the Princess Stabbity part, he thought, a chuckle escaping from him. As Dazzle finished speaking however, Breeze grinned.

"Well, I'd say you're right in that one Miss Dawn, though now you got me thinkin' the same way 'bout myself." He paused, then shrugged. "Meh, I think I'm fun and at least mostly pleasant. That's 'bout as close as we're gonna get."

Spectre's eyelids drooped and her eyebrows rose when Zephyr ducked a little. She rolled her eyes.

"Now, really Mr Breeze, do you honestly think I'm going to stab you? You don't spend your whole life as a unicorn without learning how to not-stab people. I am fully aware of my horn's location at all times." She grinned and did a sideways hop in Dazzle Dawn's direction. "And I'm pleased that I amuse you, Miss Dawn."

"Well!" She declared suddenly, one hind hoof kicking sharply against the paving. "Now that the fun and pleasant ponies have been located, whatever shall said fun and pleasant ponies do? Fun times, fun times, where fore art thou, fun times?" She pranced about in a circle, pondering. "Well, perhaps I'm not the go-to pony for the locations of fun times. Do you two lovely ponies have any ideas?" She beamed at them, eyes wide and glittery.

Dazzle giggled some more. She liked these ponies. They were fun.

"Hmm..." Dazzle started quietly as she thought about What was something super fun they could do? Dazzle couldn't think of anything. Sometimes thinking was hard for her. And she was already having fun just talking to these ponies...

"Do you have any good ideas, Breeze?" she asked, smiling.

Breeze shook his head. "Um, no... It's my first time here actually. I have no idea where I am in this city really, just managed to get lost enough to find what I was looking for." he said, gesturing to the package on his back. "So Spook," Breeze said, stepping towards the unicorn. He tried to crane his neck the same way Spook had before and his eyes went wide as a surge of pain snapped through his spine. He quickly returned to his normal posture, hoping no one noticed the rather... massive... failure and continued on, "I guess we'll just go with any idea you have." He gave a joking smile as he added, "Celestia help us all."