Mystery Chaser

Parodius

Name: Mystery Chaser

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Gray.

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Straight, brown mane, with two short pigtails in the mane. Her brown tail is straight and unbound. It is only slightly unkept, in a Rainbow Dash sort of way.

Eye Color: Tired, green eyes.

Cutie Mark: Black magnifying glass shape with a brown hoofprint in its 'lens'

Physique: Average build, moderately in shape. Most of the time, she seems to look tired, though. Even if she's not.

Residence: Hoofington

Occupation: Private Investigator, just like her hero, Falcon Noir! (She's got all his books, you know) Unfortunately for her, in such a bright and cheerful world, her most common cases have to do with lost items or pets. Occasionally, some come with a thievery case, but most of those turn out to be just another lost item or pet. Why oh why can't she get a case like in those books?

Motivation: Helping ponies with their problems and cases, just like in those books she reads! It's good to help people find closure, and bring those in the wrong to justice.

Likes: Lollipops, hard-boiled noir detective novels, animals for their honesty (Totally not that they're adorable little things), ice cream.

Dislikes: No work. Cheerful and 'innocent' problems (It's always something innocent, it seems). Too much sunshine (it totally ruins the whole mood she tries to convey!)

Character Summary: Basically, her concept is a Film Noir-ish hard-boiled detective pony, trapped in a world that's happy and bright and cheerful and friendly, played for laughs. She acts all gruff and gloomy, but all she knows is the stories from the books she reads. She's nice to her fellow pony, as much as she tries to play otherwise. She gained her cutie mark after helping figure out who broke her class's classroom window. Her parents, a pair of farmers living near Fillydelphia, are still very much alive, and love her very much, throwing a monkey wrench into the 'dark, mysterious, and troubled past' angle she'd much like to have. She moved to Hoofington to get a fresh start in a new place, and to open 'Mystery Chaser Investigations'. She's usually seen with a lollipop in her mouth, and a fedora-esque hat atop her head when she's on the job. Depending on the weather, she even has a coat. Unfortunately, her saddlebags with crime investigation gear usually get left in her 'office', if one could call it that. She sleeps there, eats there, and has her mail sent there. Ponies in the area generally know her gloomy, grumpy face she puts on, and her friends know it for the act that it is.

A few images.

Concept sheet:

ponyconcept2.th.png

What she wishes she was doing:

mysterychaserdoodle.th.png

What she's usually ACTUALLY doing:

mysterychaseroffice.th.png

Up where you list her age, you don't need to put adult, because mare=adult.

It looks pretty good, but it seems like Mystery Chaser's job wouldn't be a high paying one. Perhaps she needs a side job? Unless her parents support her. I'm just trying to see where her income comes from.

You have a nice. well thought application. You even put the back story in there. Also, nice artwork.

Very nice job!

Also, you think I should app Falcon Noir, for some 'official' description of the double-fictional pony she idolizes?

Well, you could put the app in the OOC, just so that people can get an idea of his personality. Unless you are actually going to RP him, this seems like a good place if you want to put a description of him.

I suppose any side job she gets wouldn't be any regular thing. Probably incidental.

Also, I suppose OOC would be good for Falcon Noir. I was thinking just posting general info, in case someone else wanted to have their pony have read some story, without having to worry too hard about specific fictional plot details, such as 'how many books does he have in his series?' and similar. Leave 'em to the hazy space between the words, so it can be expanded as needed, says I. Sorta like what the 'gutter' is in regards to comics.