Ursa Growls[FINAL]

WhiteSlash

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Ursa Growls.

Sex: Male.

Species: Earth Pony.

Coat Color: A dark gray coat colour.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: A brown short messy mane. Compact and doesnt get in his way. A short brown tail kept that way for the same reason. A darker patch of gray hair around his mouth. Survivalist stubble.

Eye Color: A very light vibrant blue.

Cutie Mark: A camp fire. He gained this mark whilst on his first lone camping experience. Whilst on this trip he became lost and stuggled to find his way back to camp. The led to him being forced to survive in the wilderness on his own. He faced trial after trial to survive. Making food from non dangerous plant life. Cleaning wounds he suffered utilizing only nature itself. Something He found very natural.

Physique: Sporty build with a muscular physique. Considerably tall.

Origin: Born in Trottingham. He partook in almost every form of survival/adventure club he could. Free time was spent camping in his parents garden and then eventually the woods. Since then he has became somewhat nomadic living where he works. He joined the REA and was soon conscripted into the 21st Regiment. Soon after he was drawn into the 7th Battalion C company which was home to 10 ponies. During this time he gained a unique brotherly bond with his fellow brothers in arms. The platoon faced an honourable discharge after certain events lead to a loss of almost half the platoon and Ursa being hospitalized.

Occupation: Currently in the process of gathering information for his survival guide. After recovering from his injuries he and the surving members of his team take off into the inhospitable areas of Equestria in order to gain data by throwing themselves into dangerous situations. After gaining enough data he plans to write a book and publish it with the hopes of saving many lives. Survivalist/Adventure Extraordinare.

Motivation: To follow his faveourite past time and use it to help others survive where it was once thought they could not.

• Reading and writing.
  • Nights spent in the wilderness.
  • Being pushed to the limit.
  • Leanring and perfecting new techniques.
  • Dangerous conditions.
  • His ex army friends.
  • Camp fires.
  • Exotic food.

Dislikes:

• Cowardice. (Though he will go out of his way to help ponies)

• Ponies who dont respect what the REA do.

• Things that arent challening.

• His bad knee.

Dress Sense: He perfers to stick to gear and clothing that provide a healthy mix of comfort and protection.

Personality: A naturally cheery pony. Incredibly nice, patient and willing to lend a helping hand to those in need. Whilst he doesn't say much about his old life he will most certainly entertain ponies with more recent stories. He loves to challenge himself and enjoys experiencing new things. When pushed to the edge he is capeable to amazing things. He is the embodiment of the idea that what a pony can do, is what a pony will do.

Character Summary: Considerably normal foalhood. Even at a young age he loved to explore and camp. When he was able to camp by himself he would often leave for days and come back to tell his family of his adventure. Always equipped with a smile and ready to take on anything the world would throw at him he quickly excelled at many things. He enlisted with REA and met a variety of ponies.

Sadly whilst on a routine excursion, he was hospitalized when his unit was attacked by a Manticore. He and a few others attempted were deep in the Everfree forest when this occured. He and his men had went against orders and took a different route. Ursa was struck by the Manticore's tale and was seriously injured by the poison. Utilizing the nearby plants he used knowledge from his camping exploits. This meidcation served to keep him stable as he struggled to get his men back to Canterlot and when there they rejoined the other units. He was forced to endure an honourable discharge alongside the survivng members of his unit. Together they helped each other through this tough time and they stuck together. Realizing the cause of his condition he took it upon himself to find a way to educate others on how to not share his fate. He spent his time out in the badlands or any area considered dangerous. He would sample mother nature at her most powerful then return home.

When back in the comfort of his residence he writes his tale. His survival guide. Alongside the help of his army friends his dream becomes a more and more a reaity each day.

Stallion Ursa:

post-3706-0-99512300-1341151502_thumb.pn

Hello and Good Morning! This is a pretty good Application, but I do have a few questions.

First and foremost, you do not have any information in your backstory explaining how your character earned his cutie mark! What does the campfire represent? When did he earn it? How? It is generally a good idea to devout a paragraph or two on how your character earned their cutie mark- in the world of Equestria, the Cutie Mark can be THE defining aspect of a character, and as such, the moment they discover their cutie mark can be of the utmost importance.

Second, I think you need to provide more details on what the accident was that got him discharged. Details like that cannot be left as vague, and you simply stated "certain circumstances"; what were these "certain circumstances"? What exactly happened?

If you could answer those questions, it'd be great. :)

Hello and Good Morning! This is a pretty good Application, but I do have a few questions.

First and foremost, you do not have any information in your backstory explaining how your character earned his cutie mark! What does the campfire represent? When did he earn it? How? It is generally a good idea to devout a paragraph or two on how your character earned their cutie mark- in the world of Equestria, the Cutie Mark can be THE defining aspect of a character, and as such, the moment they discover their cutie mark can be of the utmost importance.

Second, I think you need to provide more details on what the accident was that got him discharged. Details like that cannot be left as vague, and you simply stated "certain circumstances"; what were these "certain circumstances"? What exactly happened?

If you could answer those questions, it'd be great. :)

So I added a cutie mark story albeit not a great one. But a nice story. As for the accident I have described It as best as I can without jepordizing credibility for the Mane RP XD Its not my best app and Im sure theres things I can still change. But for now its all im capeable of XD

The story on how he got injured is still a bit confusing to me. Please remember that everything has to fit as if it were something from the show itself. The Cutie Mark story is good enough, I'd say, though more expansion is never a bad idea. As for the injury, we need as many details about it as possible. I'm just concerned that if you leave it vague and we approve the application, you may divulge what happened in its entirety later in RP and it may contradict the spirit of the Role-play. It is fine to leave a backstory a bit vague to leave room to expand on it, but details like this need to be entirely sorted out beforehand.

The story on how he got injured is still a bit confusing to me. Please remember that everything has to fit as if it were something from the show itself. The Cutie Mark story is good enough, I'd say, though more expansion is never a bad idea. As for the injury, we need as many details about it as possible. I'm just concerned that if you leave it vague and we approve the application, you may divulge what happened in its entirety later in RP and it may contradict the spirit of the Role-play. It is fine to leave a backstory a bit vague to leave room to expand on it, but details like this need to be entirely sorted out beforehand.

A sting from the tail of a manticore is fairly dangerous yes? Thats what I imagine happens. Though Im not sure how it would really affect him :)

Honestly I'm still not 100% sold on this application. It is pretty good but, soldier characters are always a bit harder to pass due to the nature of the Equestrian setting. The entire Changeling debacle was not really a battle- more of an ambush- and did not last very long at all- not long enough for any REA mobilization, at least. It may be wise to change the conditions of his injury to a different time/setting?

Honestly I'm still not 100% sold on this application. It is pretty good but, soldier characters are always a bit harder to pass due to the nature of the Equestrian setting. The entire Changeling debacle was not really a battle- more of an ambush- and did not last very long at all- not long enough for any REA mobilization, at least. It may be wise to change the conditions of his injury to a different time/setting?

The thing is that im not sure of any battles the REA might have been in. If theres any that are in the Lore to expand the effect of the REA. If I can find something like that I would most likely change it to that. But Im just not sure. It just needs to be something that could call for a dangerous and secret excursion...

I am aware, but Changelings are in a bit of a weird situation right now, and again, I doubt the REA would have mobilized in that very very tiny encounter. Perhaps it could have been a routine exercise? I'm sorry; but it is just a bit hard to create a military character that fits with the theme of the show, so I'm just being extra careful.

I am aware, but Changelings are in a bit of a weird situation right now, and again, I doubt the REA would have mobilized in that very very tiny encounter. Perhaps it could have been a routine exercise? I'm sorry; but it is just a bit hard to create a military character that fits with the theme of the show, so I'm just being extra careful.

Well I changed it to a routine exercise to hopefully fix it. Thanks again XD