A Day in the Life [Private]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Interesting..." he said to the pony that remained. "Then if I'm correct, could you be the other pony the client asked for?" he asked.

Solven thought, then added on to what he had just said. "There's not much information about any of this... which is why I opted to bring Hyperion." gesturing to his crossbow construct. "Ever since the Changeling attack, I've been on the fritz, and somehow managed to get into my mind that the royal guard can't properly defend, not unless they had firepower." he said.

"Well, those changelings did manage to hurt Canterlot quite a bit. It took me a while to repair my shop, which is now mostly metal. I also constructed a mechanical griffon to aid me with the shop. He's there now, while I..." Gear grimaced. "Have no fathomable idea how somepony could request out of town mechanics and not even state a name or location! Very irritating." Gear's ears perked up at a conversation somewhere else. "Are those ponies talking about the train?" He asked nopony in perticular. "Let's go see what they want to do!" He gestured towards the group of ponies just outside a cafe and began trotting to them.

A crash and an explosion was heard from inside the bakery and a silver-grey pegasus flew out, who crashed into Dark Spark. "Watch where you're going!" He said before flying off. Almost.

"Wait... who are you? I've never seen you before!" He said.

"Hey, wait up." Solven said, moving after Gear, as they walked towards the Cafe, he too, had noticed the other ponies talking about the train, maybe some idle conversation would help to recollect his thoughts, but rather, he noticed a Pegasus had crashed into the pony who had questioned him about Hyperion, and thus, couldn't resist a slight chuckle, Dem Pegasus nowdays are going to land more ponies in hospital than bandits and thieves. He thought

"Hello ponies," Gear said to the bunch talking about the train. "I couldn't help but overhear your convrsation about that wonderful piece of metallic bliss you call a train. Anypony had any thoughts about design, mechanics, train schedules, exiting and entering the train, etcetera?"

A pony completely canon to this story overheard what Gear said about the train. "What did he just say?" He said to his equally canon and unimportant marefriend.

"Oh, that's just Twisted Gear, honey. Don't mind him."

Unluckily that mare was a b--ch, and purposely said that loud enough for the cafe group to hear it. Gear Grinder seethed under his skin from hearing his nickname, Twisted Gear.

Rainy Splash looked behind him surprise."Oh hi sir!My name is Rainy Splash and is yours Twisted Gear?"He asked seeing the angry expression on the ponies face.

As Dark Spark fell he groaned he hated energetic ponies."Please don't topple me over then run away.I'm Dark Spark."He said his horn sparking.

Everything after "exiting and entering the train," went in one ear and out the other. "As a matter of fact, yes!" Bright Idea exclaimed, scootching over her chair to make room for the new ponies. "I've never been on a train before, though, so I wanted to hear all about one before I did anything about my little idea. Sit, sit! Have lunch with us!" She beamed innocently at Gear Grinder, or Twisted Gear as he had been introduced by the mare a table over. Enthusiasm radiated from her. How lucky she was to have so many ponies to brainstorm with!

Gear Grinder sat down next to Bright Idea, as he would later learn, and begen a long and lengthy description about trains and nearly everything possible to cover. [but of course I don't know stuff like that, so let's just skip that part]

"But the engines! Oh, a Train's engines! A couple of ponies I know in Canterlot and I designed a train that would go from Canterlot all the way to Stalliongrad!"

Rainy Splash sat down."Oh sorry to hear that.I'm actually quite popular up in Cloudsdale being captain of the rain ponies and because my wife is the new captain of the wonderbolts since spitfire retired."He said.

Dark Spark looked at the pegasus."Well I'm just here to fix the oven so I'll be outta your face."he said turning around.

"Do you mind if I join you ponies? It has been awhile since a large group has managed to generate interest in such topics." Solven asked. "Ponyville, no matter how relaxing or simple is, is quite the place for suprises." he added.

"Yes, the last time I was in Ponyville, I saw a griffon! Said her name was Gilda or something? Anyways, I used her as the model for my newest design!" Gear Grinder pulled out a blueprint of a mechanical Griffon and laid it infront of Solven.

"Interesting, though I don't have much of a fondness for mechanical constructs. I leaned towards the side of mechanical gadgets and machinery which everypony could use. Or atleast, most ponies." he said, observing the blueprints of the Griffon. 50 bits says I can replicate this and using a magic infusion and a enchantment I could get this to run smooth.

"Then again. I do find mechanical constructs interesting. Especially their behaviour towards other ponies." he said.

"Definately. And with a bit of help from a kind unicorn, I've been able to create something I call a 'manadrive', an objest used to simulate magic." Gear said, pulling out a small ring with a brightly glowing amethyst on it. "This one is a pegasus manadrive prototype. It fits on a pegasus's wing." Gear stuck the ring onto Rainy Splash's wing. "Like so." He said with a smile.

He observed the manadrive. Interesting...

"Now I may have recently developed something similar to that, give me a second, if my somewhat forgetful nature blesses me today, I will have it with me." instead of using magic to levitate it, he rummaged through his bag, feeling a crystalline shape. "Got it." And he pulled it out. A transparent, yet simple appearing cyrstal, it did not reflect, nor did it pulsate with energy. "I don't like using it often, because it's applications require a object specifically designed to run with this, but the possibilities are endless." He flared his horn abit, the magic jumping into the crystal, as a metallic grey aura, similar or same to his own magical aura, began to fill into the crystal. Bringing out Hyperion, he extended it's stock, revealing a socket where the crystal could go, and inserted it. He retracted the stock back to it's normal position, as some lines began to glow with the same aura.

"It acts similar to a storage device. It's got no name, and it's got not much of an interest with other ponies. I'll call it a pet project now, but that's all it'll ever be.' he concluded, then realized that he hadn't introduced himself.

"I'm Solven, by the way. Solven Sprockethooves." he said.

"Metal is a fickle mistress, depending on how you treat her. She may or may cooperate when you incorporate it into a complex organism. She is also prone to rust. But that's no challenge for the likes of us, no?" he said and asked, sounding slightly poetic.

Gear seethed again. "Rust..." He growled. "The only enemy to pure, metallic surfaces. Luckily, I have implimented an artificial inteligence in my dear Griffon so that he can oil and care for himself and the shop while I'm gone." Gear beamed with pride.