Young Mare

Species:

Pegasus

Eye Color:

Teal

Coat Color:

Pastel Gray

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:

Her mane color is a sky blue while her tail is both light sky blue with a deep sky blue stripe in it. Her mane is pulled back as if the wind threw it back and a bandanna holds it in place that's the same color as the stripe in her tail. Her tail is long and flows, not like Celestia's as it resembles a sort of long, flowing ponytail.

Physique:

Lean and meant for speed, she also has some muscle mass for strength and is a great flier/runner.

Cutie Mark:

A map that is slightly unrolled. She made a map when she got lost and retraced her steps and found the map to be accurate and thus, her cutie mark appeared.

Origin/Residence:

Origin- Ponyville

Residence- Cloudsdale

Adventurer and Map Maker

Motivation:

Life's an adventure to Storm Chaser. Everyday she wakes up determined to have some sort of adventure, otherwise she gets bored. Whether it be venturing into the Everfree Forest or visiting Appleloosa or some other idea, she always makes sure to make everyday an adventure. Her job as a map maker also helps motivate her because she loves to fly around and mark everything, making maps of everywhere she goes. If she's at a low point, she just thinks of the friends she makes as motivation for her to keep going. That and she wants to eventually make maps of all the lands undiscovered or unexplored by ponies.

Speed

Flying

Adventuring

Making maps

Making friends

Discovering new things

Storms

Dislikes:

Waiting

Sitting around

Being cooped up

Making enemies

Going home empty handed

Clear skies (though she does enjoy them sometimes)

Character Summary:

History- Though Storm Chaser was born in Ponyville, she always felt she belonged in Cloudsdale. Her name was given to her because she ended up being born on a stormy night. When she was born, she just watched the lightning and rain with awe in her eyes and reached out her hooves to the window to get to it. Her mother ended up naming her Storm Chaser because of her fascination with them and her want to always follow them. As she grew, she went to the school in Ponyville but wasn't well liked. As everypony got their cutie marks, she was still a blank flank, even as she grew older and was sent to Cloudsdale to learn how to fly. There, she found the ponies were even more mean as they made fun of her and she was always scared of them and was even picked on. Sometimes they would circle her and laugh at her. She was always scared of them and sometimes even refused to show up at school.. but then one fateful day, it all changed.

Cutie Mark Story- One day, she returned to her parents who often had to cheer her up and that day was no different. However, it was summer and stormy days were abound. She finally had decided on what to do... run away. She ran away, taking a small compass with her. She was in tears and she looked up at the storm clouds as it rained. She followed the storm, her hooves pounding the ground and the rain hiding her tears. Finally she came upon the Everfree forest but she didn't know it until she was far in. Scared and wanting to return home, she looked around, trying to find which way she had come. Finally she sat down and thought for a moment after she had paced around. She had been going west from Cloudsdale, she remembered... and then she had turned north. So... she ripped a piece of bark off a tree and then got a sharp stone. She began to scribble a map down on it as she thought of what way her compass had been pointing. She remembered certain features as well and once she was done making the map, she followed that and the compass. Despite the dangers of the Everfree forest, she managed to come out unscathed that day. She was determined and wouldn't let the forest and her fright stop her from going home. She came home to over-worried parents as well as some worried citizens of Ponyville who were her friends. She was proud of her ability to find her way back safely and knew it had to be her cutie mark and she was right when her parents had dried her off and showed she had a cutie mark. She was so happy and proud of herself and so were her parents.

Parents- Her parents still live in Ponyville even though they are both pegasus weather ponies. They prefer the 'everypony knows everypony' type of thing. However, she was schooled in Cloudsdale despite living in Ponyville as that was where she wanted to go. She learned to fly and always a determined pony, she made sure she was the best in her class.

However, she wasn't always a determined pony. Her parents often tried to support her but her depression was always too great and they couldn't really do anything about what was going on, or so they felt. When her cutie mark day happened, that was when she changed and for the better as well. Her parents were very proud of her and encouraged her every step of the way. Her parents, and that day when she got her cutie mark, has helped her become such a determined and outgoing pony.

When she had gained the respect of her peers and the pride of her parents, she had decided she would live in Cloudsdale. She has ventured often from her home in the city of Cloudsdale. Besides, the clouds were soft and fluffy, a nice bed it made when she came home from adventuring.

Flaws and Successes- Storm Chaser has had her flaws when she was younger. She used to be scared of meeting new ponies and seeing other pegasus that were better than her scared her. She was often picked on becaise she failed flying tests multiple times. However, on the day after she got her cutie mark, there was another flying test. She failed at first but then she got an idea. If she could find her way home in a storm, what could stop her from doing this? She suddenly had determination to prove herself grip her and she slowly flew to the starting line. She then pawed a hoof on the cloud and ran, flying into the air. She flew fast and her determination did not fail her. She passed the test with flying colors. Since then, she has been training her wings and legs. Though she is a pegasus, she knows very well that during her adventures she could easily gain a broken wing. So, she's training both her ground and air agility and speed. She recently started her ground speed training. She feels that her time in flying school actually helped shape her into the determined and brave pony she is today, despite being playful and hyperactive. She has been quite happy with being able to overcome her flaws of when she was younger.

Personality- Storm Chaser is... mostly everything. When she's not adventuring, she can be quite playful and very friendly. She loves to pull pranks and even scare some ponies. She enjoys scaring them because she loves seeing their reactions, if they have any at all. When adventuring, she seems to be determined and head-strong. She focuses on her goal and does anything to achieve it. When map-making, she can be distracted and lazy about it but she eventually does get the job done. It's a boring job unless she's on an adventure of map making like mostly uncharted territories like the Everfree forest. She does love danger and enjoys kicking butt. She loves to protect her friends and her favorite quote is "Life is either an adventure or nothing!".

post-4205-0-94595400-1342153629_thumb.jp

This app is looking pretty good. Adventurer ponies are always in use on the boards, as adventures always are going on and people just make more. :) But some things need to be straightened out first. Some big, some small.

1) The residence field is confusing. You say Cloudsdale/Ponyville but have no explanation on how that is. Also, it is not suggested that ponies live in Ponyville, there is an overpopulation there. So out of the two, I'd say to pick Cloudsdale.

2) The history in the character summary needs some more attention. It tells almost nothing about her life, and that's what it's there for. Some more information on her foalhood and fillyhood. How her parents affected her, how other fillies and colts affected her fillyhood, how she grew more and more love and interest for storms and map making and adventuring. Also, some information on where she is now in her life, how she feels and how she thinks about herself and how she decided to live in Cloudsdale. It seems as though your flaws/successes section explains more about this than her actual summary. Possibly using the flaws and successes section and putting it into the history would work. And then explaining more about her flaws and about strengths in less of a specific and more of a general sense. Like, instead of just flight school, maybe flying and running and determination in general and how it was shown through her personality.

3) The cutie mark story needs some more explanation. It seemed like we got only the second half of it. Did her parents let her go out, or did she sneak out? Why did she get lost. What did she use to draw the map, was she ready or did she need to improvise?

Hehe, yes, I love Storm Chaser. Question though, would I be able to make a changeling? ._.

On topic here:

1) I thought the origin/residence thing was obvious. Origin was put first and residence second but I'm sorry if I confused you on that. I hope I made it clearer now.

2) I think I fixed that. I'm pretty sure she's more in depth now but I think you'll have to decide that. Hehe...

3) Done with that! I explained it all. I hope.

Yes, you can make a changeling :) Make it a crossover app and it is a creature. Perhaps read some of the other changeling apps to get some ideas or clarifications if you have any questions.