Daring Do and The Quest for the Silver Statue

FireDash

(If you wish to join, sign up here; http://www.canterlot.com/topic/10307-daring-doo-and-the-quest-for-the-silver-statue-idea-rpers-needed/page__st__40#entry238861 )

Soaring high above an unknown land... was there any greater feeling? Daring thought not as she spread her wings and glided closer and closer into the territory of the mysterious Silverhoof tribe. A tribe said to know the location of the sacred Silver Statue, an atrifact no explorer had yet gazed upon. It was said to hold great magic, powerful, consuming magic unknown to mere ponies. Daring was determined to find it. She banked right and glided down to the forest floor, landing softly on the thick, deep green grass. She pulled out her map and looked around to see where she was. Apperently it was only a ten minute flight to the tribe's location but Daring decided to walk. She wanted to get a better feel for the land.

The terrain was rough, covered in undergrowth, thick, massive trees ith canopies that blocked out the skies. She smiled a bit at that. She loved a difficult trek.

• Like 1

Up in a treehome not too far from the tribe, that is where NightGhost, the voodoo priestess did reside. She looked upon the stars so bright, that showed her the powers of the night. Her voodoo was know well to the deer, thought it was honored without any fear. She was a wise phisophical one, one who made potions and enchantment just for fun.

"Ah I do fear a storm is a rise!" she said as she gaze upon the sky, "Rhe stars be tellin' me wit there eyes!"

(ok I'm not gonna make all my posts rhyme, I was just bored, BUT I will try and make her rhyme like Zakora)

Not nearly as nimbly as the adventurous Daring Do, but determined none the less, Bumble B. trekked through the dense underbrush in search of the same treasure. He had lived in the area for about a year, constantly hearing rumors and legends about the Silverhoof tribe and their treasure. Feeling that itch that he always got after staying in one place for too long, he decided to go searching for the treasure.

"This may take a while," he grumbled as he tripped over a root.

Yuta, a red Silverhoof buck, was off on his own and away from the village. He was trying to stay out of trouble, lightly grazing for a moment. As he lifted his head and swallowed, he felt something was amiss, but he just shrugged it off. The red deer looked around for something to do, it was dull on his own, but he didn't want to bother his tribe mates. he sniffed around to see if he could catch the sent of anything interesting.

Unbeknownst to Yuta, a certain colt by the name of Short Stuff was slowly sneaking his way behind different shrubbery to follow the Silverhoof buck. After all, he needed something to do. The tribe had always told him that the location of the tribe was extremely remote, and his happening upon them was by mere chance. Thanks to this, it would be long before any adventurer would dare to come far enough to be able to find the tribe, and more importantly, Short Stuff.

Always feeling up to making something interesting out of nothing, Short Stuff found himself snickering to himself in his own ingenuity. As far as he knew, Yuta had no idea he was being followed by him.

Maybe I can get Yuta to do something fun like teach me a spell or something, Short Stuff thought to himself. Though "Shorty" was undeniably loyal to anypony (Or any deer), he usually found himself causing mischief along the way. This was the case, evidently.

"Hey Yuta, what are you doing so far from the rest of the tribe? Is this one of those 'mind-clearing' techniques that Mr. McCanterless talked about?" He asked, an honest curiosity filling his voice. Yuta was certainly the one Silverhoof tribe member he could talk to easiest, as he was right around his age, and even had the same sort of attitude.

The sudden voice startled Yuta, making him jump. the red buck's horns lit up slightly as he whizzed around to see Short Stuff. Yuta's face became a tad unhappy as he stared at the pony in front of him "...shorty" yuta said with obvious annoyance. he should have recognized the young pony's voice. Yuta 's horns dimmed and he lightly headbutted Shorty, "don't do that shorty, seriously" he stood up straight and sighed.

he pondered shorty's question for a moment, then just shrugged, a smirk on his lips "i'm enjoying some alone time" he lied.

Short Stuff's excitement and expression both died down from the rather less-than-exciting response.

"Oh...I guess we all need that at some point. I've gotten a good deal of that since Mr. McCanterless kicked the bucket..." Short Stuff sighed, his eyes darting around in thought. It felt lonely, being the only pony in a tribe full of deer. A different world altogether than the one he'd grown so accustomed to. No longer did he live in a world of endless supply of food, or culture where words could simply be used to convey something completely different. It was simpler here. However, that simplicity was simply depressing to the colt...

"....Yuta, do you think I'll....you know, be found by anypony? I keep hoping a pony will come here and bring me back to Canterlot or Manehattan...anywhere where ponies are....It's getting lonely...I wanna go home, Yuta..." Short Stuff spoke up, his tone faltering as he began to sniffle a bit.

Yuta was taken aback by the sudden emotional atmosphere. he glanced left to right, not knowing how to handle these types of situations without it ending in disaster. he gave a shrug with and poked the tip of Shorty's head "Now don't go getting all depressed on me now! Who will i talk to if you get all quiet and moody?" yuta really did see shorty as a friend, adopting the more laid back way of speaking that the pony had, even if he didn't understand some of his mannerisms. "I'm sure someone will show up and take you away" he then frowned "although that also means I'll have no one to talk to". he pretended to look depressed for a moment then perked up, "what do ya say i show you a few tricks i came up with"....this wouldn't end well.

Suddenly, Short Stuff's spirit and expression lit up like the sudden flash of a light bulb at the mention of showing tricks to him.

"That would be great, Yuta! I've wanted to learn a thing or two about the Silverhooves ever since I first got here! What kind of stuff do you have in store? Incantations? Potions?" Short Stuff quickly started rattling off, excited as ever to hear any sort of things from a deer. As he'd always known, Yuta was always up for treating him like a member of the tribe. Being they were two different species, it was an interesting relationship to say the least.

Yuta was delighted to see short stuff in higher spirits so quickly.

Shorty's outburst on the other hand, grew old quickly. the red buck placed his hoof over the pony's mouth to silence him. "Be calm my friend, seriously" he told shorty. Yuta rolled his eyes a smiled "i'm not much for all that stuff. i was just gonna take you sliding on mossy branches. maybe plant some flowers and in front of the huts of people we don't like" he smirked "then turn the flowers into giant flytraps and watch the fun". the problem with yuta was that he really did want to be helpful, but when he wanted to cause trouble on purpose, he was a true terror.

Yuta thought about his ideas for a moment "but i guess we could go exploring, ore you could watch me practice a few incantations.....if you want."

"I would love to see you practice incantations! You see, Mr. McCanterless was a unicorn, and he always would talk about how influential the older generation tribes were with their practice of magic via incantations! I'd love to see how incantations are executed and work!" Short Stuff shouted enthusiastically. The fact he wasn't capable to perform practical magic, like unicorns' magic, didn't take away from his excitement when magic was mentioned. It interested him either way.

Yuta nodded, incantations were his worst subject but he wanted to cheer shorty up. "follow me" he told Short stuff as he started to make his way through the brush.

Yuta wanted to get a safe distance from the village before practicing, he also wanted to find a clearing. his horns lit up as the plants around him seemed to move out of his way and in some cases shrink away from him, only to regrow when shorty had passed them. this made moving thorough the thicker parts of foliage easier for the deer, and Yuta had come to learn it well in his young age because it helped him explore and adventure.

Chief Sylva Silverhoof sighed as she pawed at the ground in a clearing near the tribe. She looked about, wondering what she was going to do. Many wanted to follow the traditions of a stag leading the tribe and she had often been told to find a mate. She just, none of the bucks in the tribe interested her. So, she was training Timber to take on the roll of leadership as soon as possible. Speaking of Timber. She lifted her head high and looked towards the tribe, her horns glowing gently to allow her passage through to her tribe through the rough foliage. Finally she was there and she looked about camp. Nothing odd was going on and even a few stares went her way and she let her ears go against her head as she smiled in an unsure manner. She went back to her den of sorts and laid down in there, watching the camp goings on.

Timber, meanwhile, was busy running off into the forest. He laughed as he played with a rabbit, chasing it to get his speed up. Suddenly the rabbit made an on-the-dime turn and was gone in the foliage as he ran into somedeer... or rather somepony. He shook his head and looked up. He gasped and scrambled away from the new deer. He looked a lot like Shorty only with a horn instead of wings. He blinked and bent his head down with a smile. "Well what do we have here? Could this be a fawn of the legendary Silverhoof tribe?" he asked and Timber merely nodded. "Well hello! I'm Blaze Runner! It's a pleasure to meet you. Say..." he said as he looked around. He could hear some excited shouting not too far off and he pulled his goggles up over his horn with his magic. He walked towards it and Timber, wondering what this pony thing was doing, followed behind, watching from the shadows.

Soon, Blaze Runner came upon the sight of another Silverhoof and a Pegasus. Timber gasped and jumped in front of Blaze Runner. "Don't you dare harm them!" Timber said threateningly, his horns gently glowing. Blaze Runner took a step back. "Whoa little fella, I'm not here to hurt anyone. Trust me," he said with a smile and Timber seemed to simmer down a bit. He seemed like Shorty in every mannerism except the horn. He turned to look at Shorty. "Hey Shorty! You know this pony?" he asked, figuring it was a pony since it looked a lot like Shorty.

((Feel free for Shorty to know Blaze Runner but let me know how he does if you do decide that))

(Firekitty, I think a storyline that would work best is that Short Stuff was a former intern on one of Blaze Runner's treks. It would be a bit forced, but it fits the storyline for both. Let's go with that.)

"Blaze Runner? You're here too! Wow, I can't believe you found this place! Did someone send you to get me? I've been stuck here for a few weeks now!" Short Stuff exclaimed, his eyes lighting up in excitement at the sight of the red and yellow unicorn that had suddenly appeared, along with Timber, a stag that he recognized as the next-in-line as chief.

((Just Kitty or FK is fine. And yea, that works. And I'll say he had actually gone to find Short Stuff. :P I'll change up his bio. XD))

Blaze Runner smiled wide suddenly in recognition of Short Stuff and his nickname. "Well hey Shorty! I wasn't sent by anyone that I know but I've been looking for you and I got some information that you came this way and then just disappeared. So, I figured I'd come looking for my favorite intern," he explained with a grin. Timber blinked and looked between the two and then stepped aside. Timber looked between the two ponies and smiled. "So you do," he said and then smiled suddenly. "Wait, you two have gone on adventures together before?!" he asked and Blaze Runner nodded. "Yup! I'm always on an adventure and today is no different," he said and walked up to Shorty, ruffling his mane. "Nice to see you've been treated well and that you didn't starve to death or get lost... though I guess you could say you're lost if you're staying with the Silverhoof tribe," he said with a chuckle. He then turned to Timber. "Say, how about we all have a sit down while Shorty tells of our adventures," he suggested to the two deer. Timber nodded eagerly and looked at Shorty. "Please?!" he asked.

((Feel free to make up any kind of adventure as well. XD))

"Sounds great! Yuta wanted some..'alone time' anyways!" Short Stuff chuckled to himself. For once in a few weeks, there was a bit of sense of hope in him. After all, it sounded as if he'd finally be getting out of this place. If there was any promise of civilization, he'd take a mile with that.

"I'll be heading off with Blazey and Timber, Yuta. See ya around!"

A short distance away from the Silverhoof tribe, a pegasus known as Dawn Essence was wakling through the woods. "Aw, why can't I get a sense of direction?" She asked herself. "I'm always getting lost it seems." She sat down in the grass and began to yawn. "I'm so tired..." She muttered before falling into a peaceful sleep.

As Bumble continued to bumble through the woods, following what he hoped was a working compass, he began to feel a growing sense of dread in his stomach. 'What if I'm not going the right way?' he thought with worry. 'I could be stuck out here forever and never be found!'

At that precise moment, he tripped over yet another tree root. Well, he thought it was a tree root at first. He threw an annoyed glance over his shoulder to see he had actually fallen over a sleeping pegasus mare! "Oh gosh, I'm sorry!" he exclaimed.

When Dawn felt something trip over her, it not only awoke her, but frightened the poor mare. "Eep! Don't eat me! No manticore!" When she realised that there was just another pony there, she blushed. "Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't having a good dream and- Wait! Do you know your way through this forest? I'm lost."

Bumble B. shrugged with a light smile. "Well, I'm not exactly heading somewhere you probably want to go. I'm treasure hunting right now, searching for the fabled Silver Statue. I can give you a good idea of how to get back to a village, though." He beamed with pride, trying to appear humble and boast at the same time.

"That's right!" Bumble agreed. "Adventure is...my middle name...and stuff." He cleared his throat awkwardly and glanced around. "So....do you want to come with or something? Because, I mean, I don't really have...I mean, I wouldn't mind. I don't have a partner. And it would probably be safer than going back to the village alone."

"Awesome! We're on our way to find the Silverhoof tribe right now! We can't be much further." He gathered the things that fell out of his saddlebags and stood up, brushing off the dirt from his vest. "I'm Bumble B. by the way."