Daring Do and The Quest for the Silver Statue

FireDash

"So Blaze, where have you been since the last time I worked for ya? Still risking your life at every chance?" Short Stuff asked as he trotted alongside Blaze and Timber. It had been a while since he had the chance to talk to his former boss through a number of treks, let alone anypony.

"Did you die? Ha ha!" Short Stuff fired-off jokingly, obviously enjoying himself and full with energy that he'd lost once before. He figured he lost that energy after he lost Mr. McCanterless...

"Alright! Let me just check our position on the map," Bumble grumbled as he retrieved the hand sketched map from his bag. The map was less than detailed, drawn by one of the elderly villagers he had met in a bar, claiming to be an old adventurer himself.

He looked back and forth from his map to his compass a few times before deciding they must be going the right way, only hoping that the map was right. Showing all the bold determination he could muster, he nodded and replaced the map in his bag. "It shouldn't be that much further East."

Blaze Runner grinned at his former intern and put a leg over the young pegasus' shoulders. Timber just watched the two interact with a smile. "I didn't die, otherwise I wouldn't be here," he said playfully, ruffling Shorty's mane again with his other hoof. "And yes, I risk my life at every chance but nothing can beat my speed!" he boasted and Timber tilted his head questioningly. "Speed?" he asked, unsure of what Blaze Runner meant and the unicorn nodded. "Yes, speed. I'm the fastest pony there ever was! I can run as fast as any Pegasus, perhaps faster!" he said with a grin. Timber grinned widely. "Wow! Can you show me your speed?" he asked and with his free hoof, Blaze Runner ruffled the mane between the antlers of Timber. "I would, but I tend to flame up when I'm going really fast and I don't want to harm this forest," he spoke seriously. Timber chuckled. "Now I get why you're called Blaze Runner!" he said. "Yup!" Blaze said and then looked at Shorty. "So, Shorty, what have your adventures been like since we parted?" he asked, smiling, using his flame colored magic in his horn to lift his goggles over his horn, showing his starry yellow eyes.

From the house atop a tree, built around the trunk, she did watch as the ponies and deer interact and smiled, "What a strange site I see before me," she said, "They all interect though different these three," she sat and smiled, "Maybe there is hope indee!"

(I purposefully misspelled indeed)

(I'm going to have Short Stuff unknowingly refer to the Silver Statue here. However, I want it to be that no one knows what exactly it is in the group, and leave it that way until Daring Do arrives with exposition in tow. Would just make it feel more like an adventure story, and perhaps more "Indiana Jones-like")

"Well...the only real thing I've done since I last worked with you was work with Mr. McCanterless. He wanted to go after this statue that he said was around here...He said it was legend among the ancient tribes that resided here and beyond....It's power; unfathomable...McCanterless and the rest of the party I was with didn't make it. Something about a sweet pea plant...then by luck I found the Silverhoof tribe here." Short Stuff explained, his rather mature vocabulary taking its full effect, his tone seeming to soften in emotion as he went on. He could tell by the awkward silence surrounding him, however, that he was thoroughly disturbing his two friends with him.

"I was lucky that the Silverhooves found me...but even luckier that you came, Blaze!"

Yuta waved goodbye to shorty and the others. The transition had happened quite fast. A new pony had arrived in his tribes territory and Shorty seemed to know him. Yuta didn't quite know what to make of blaze runner, but Shorty trusted him, so he must have been a trustworthy guy. Why timber was with the unicorn pony was one of the questions that the red buck had, but he just shrugged it off.

Alone once more, yuta lit up his horns and road a large vine up into the canopy, sticking his head out through the leaves to see the sky. he smiled and let out a sigh. he noticed what he guessed was a bird and nodded in it's direction. the red Silverhoof then began looking around for a blank spot in the sea of green, hoping to find a clearing to practice in.

Yuta smiled as he decided to try a new trick. he horns lit up brighter as he placed his front hooves atop the canopy, the leaves bunching up under them. he took a few deep breaths as he lifted himself up, the leaves grouping together and standing firm under him to support his weight.

In a way, yuta was a skilled user of silverhoof magic. his only problem was how he used it, and how things tended to backfire on him. The red buck slowly walked atop the canopy, testing each step before pressing his weight to it. after a while he got confident, maybe too confident, and began to just walk at a slow pace without testing the leaves.

And that's when yuta fell through a thin patch of leaves and plummeted through the canopy. The silverhoof was too surprised to react, surly the fall would kill him!

THUD!

Yuta collided hard with something that wasn't the forest floor. in fact it was much higher up. he hadn't fallen very far at all. The dazed buck attempted to take in his surroundings, it seemed he was in some kind of tree house.

(she said her name before, look at her first post to him)

She tilted her head to the side, "A zebra you say, what is that?" she chuckled a bit, "I do hope it's not a term for a creature that's fat," she smiled warmly

He shook his head and blinked a few times, fully regaining his senses "no, my friend told me about them. they're like ponies, only they all have black and white stripes and they talk in rhymes . I'm just saying that your way of speaking matches my friends description of theirs, miss...NightGhost? was it?" he hoped he said her name right.

"All is good nothing is bad," she smiled, "I must repair my house roof, so feel free to run along lad," she smiled and went to a closet where wood was stacked, as if she had knew something was gonna happen

Yuta considered leaving, but he knew that would be wrong. The red buck didn't think the tribe would miss him if he stayed away a little longer, so he saw no problem with staying.

He stepped towards NightGhost with a smile "let me help Miss NightGhost, your roof was my fault after all. And it will go faster if we work together"

(your rhymes could use a little work :smug: . "although i could do it on my own just fine. It is true that with two, it will take less time" )

Yuta's smile became a grin as he stepped up to help her with the supplies, he looked around the tree house to see if there was anything he could use his magic on to help them work.

"I can hold up the boards to the roof," she said to him, "Use your magic to nail it on and we be done in a poof!" she said as she picked up a board and heaped it up.

(well the way I see it is that since she isn't a zebra it isn't 100% natural to her so she isn't perfect at it)

Yuta smiled and held up the next board. It felt nice to help without any mishaps, the deer just wished he hadn't caused the problem in the first place.

Yuta glanced at NightGhost. Another pony in the woods, with a horn like shorty's friend. and she spoke like a zebra. The red buck was intrigued by her existence, and the amazing story he was sure she had.