Removed by User

(There have been few and rare times where I have come up with posts as long and detailed as that one... this might not be as long, but I'm trying. >.>)

It felt so much like that one fateful day that his family decided to set out for their final gathering together... the air density was perfect that morning. It wasn't too humid, the sun was just showing about an inch over the horizon, yet the sky was still a perfect shade of blue... and there she was. The beautiful, kind, loving mare that had given him life with a blissful smile as she trotted along with her forever husband who may not have looked it, but was quite lean and had the strength to carry both Dark Star and his wife for a thousand miles if he had to. Then they came... the damned blue skinned lifeforms with their taunting nature, firing their explosive rounds on us... sending the once purely white coated stallion into the same trunk that put him unconscious on that day....

First Day: Awakening

The black stallion burst up from under his covers... like lightning, he sat up and had to gasp for air to withstand the still shocking event that runs through his mind to this day. No matter how many times he has it... it's still his worst nightmare to date. Having to relive that same event every time he's just about to get his mind off of it after a few days of trying to forget and move on. Why must his own mind be so cruel to him? It's as if life is out to get him... even when all signs of life are down below. As of current events, his space station seems to float just above the planet in question... which way was up, anyway? In space, it felt as if there was no such thing as a specific, sure direction. The planet was sometimes above, below, and even to the side of the space station. After a few seconds and huffs of breath, he swings his hind legs over the edge of the bed... making it and preparing for yet another day of pure isolation.

He knows very well that there's no one to impress in this place... so there really isn't much of a point to 'get ready' for anything... still, it pays to be clean and such. As he heads to the bathroom branching off of his personal quarters, he notices himself yet again in the mirror... what's this? How had he not noticed as he woke up? He inches closer to the mirror, looking at his cheeks.... tears.... he nearly gasps at the sight of it. Could it be his subconscious response toward such a dilemma in his own dream realm? He does still love his parents... even after so much time had passed since that day, he can't seem to move on that easily. He looks down from the mirror... unable to look at himself even now. As a couple more tears stream down as he thinks of the two ponies that literally gave their lives to raise and protect him. He then snaps out of it...

Dangit... get a hold of yourself, Star!

He demands in his mind, as he then loosens the valve to the water faucet of the sink just below the mirror... taking the moment to fill up the sink, as he uses his frontal hooves to scoop and quickly splash his face with water... literally shaking his head to 'shake off' the current feeling that seems to overwhelm him. He reluctantly looks at himself again... what a mess. He looks like he just rolled out of bed. Well, technically, he did. He sighs, as he takes time for a quick bath. The warm water of the tub always seems to put him at ease. Despite the warmness of the water, he still shivers slightly as he first steps in. He spends about fifteen minutes in the tub full of water... his mind being completely drained of anything harsh so far. Once he felt completely at ease, he steps out and quickly dries off... emptying out the tub, of course.

After he's completely dried off... more during the time, he took that moment in time to prepare a simple breakfast. Though lately, he doesn't really care what he eats and when... as long as he can get something in his stomach whenever he's hungry, then he's satisfied. Let's see... how long has it been since he stocked up last time? Two years? Wow... that must be a record. He must have really stocked up last time with all the bits he managed to make... he checks up on the status to the survival item supply in his station, and he seems to be running low... well, looks like these two years are now up. It's time to get going, then.

As he views the world from a large on-screen... it looks to be in great shape at the moment. That's good... in that case, there just might not be that much to worry about. Though he never knows next when he must engage in battle... whether it's warding of predators, or dealing with a bandit or two along a commonly tread path. That's always what he hates about common paths... they have that tendency to be unsafe at certain times. And on top of that, said times are highly unpredictable. One never knows when, or how anyone would attempt to kill you. It's a good thing his little article of clothing is suited for combat... even though he has trained in conditions where there are no weapons available, a weapon just makes a fight that much more of a cinch. It's best to take somepony out quickly, so that less energy is expended in the process.

Clearly in not much of a hurry, but it's still best to have some speed to this... as he heads to the suiting room. Which will only act as a precursor to the adventure up ahead... as he dresses up in his common gear to prepare him for the great descent he will surely make. A black, tight fitting leather-like suit that fits the stallion's figure perfectly... as the suit seems to be stuck to him, to the point where he can't properly take it off without tearing it to shreds, but with a single mental command... the suit would easily break its molecular bond on his back... his cutie mark still showing in his suit, as it appears to be a golden outlined black star on his flank. For the suit at least, it's a golden outline... it makes it stand out, at least he thinks so. But he hasn't had to worry about such a thing compromising any stealth measures... and now comes his commonly used helmet used not only for breathing in outer space, but ultimately as his primary weapon in combat... the helmet comes in two halves. The front 'half' covering his face, and is the longer half... as it narrows to a tip, and in fact, the tip is hollowed out as an implemented and rifled barrel. His only line of vision now is through the screen on the inside of the helmet's front half. Showing him a green crosshair, marking the place in which a bullet would hit if he were to fire at this very moment. The back half of his helmet covering most of his head, and of course, it too narrowing to a point, but it is the shorter half of the head piece.

Once suited up and ready to launch... he sets off for the airlock to the space station... where only he will launch and slip his way through the planet's atmosphere. Literally just himself... a space ship being completely out of the question. He set his aim for what appeared to be a forest area... a perfectly covert way of slipping down onto the world's surface undetected. The airlock doors suddenly open, and he's left to guide his jump properly toward the planet... reclining his frontal hooves, and diving straight down to the ground... looking somewhat like an over sized spear slicing through the air... within minutes, the pony would feel the rush of air again as he pierces the atmosphere. Falling as fast as possible as he inches his way closer to the Earth's surface, though maneuvering some in the air to the point where he can somewhat slow his fall. After a few minutes of a complete free-fall... usually one would feel completely at ease and without a care in the world as they do something like this... but not in his case. As he descends at a ferocious speed, he can feel a building rage as he pushes air out of the way during his fall... to the point where he even starts to grit his teeth firmly. As soon as he reaches a close range between him and the forest floor... he slows his falling speed only slightly as he faces his whole body down and spreading his limbs... and just before he could hit the tops of the trees, a black, four ribbon parachute extends from his back... from below, it could look like anything... maybe tentacles sticking out of his back and making huge coils above him. Almost like a thinly sectioned balloon on his back that actually reclines his falling speed effectively... though this is a forest, so he braces himself. He doesn't want one of the loops to get caught on a branch or something... so he performs a sort of leap... or fall of faith. Allowing himself to tumble and scrape against certain trees on his way down. It was painful... but he had no choice at this point. After a few seconds of that, which felt like a whole lot longer... he finally hits the forest floor. The hits from before causing him a bit of an ordeal of pain... to the point where a few moments later, he would go unconscious...

It was just a split second before everything went black... and for a short period of time, he could feel himself as if he were floating within an abyss of total nothingness. It's like being in a dimension of darkness with no hope of escape... all he can do is just.. float there. It felt like only a moment to him, but in reality, it must have been quite a while since he'd last been completely knocked out. As he finds himself landed in the middle of a forest with what he thought was a river nearby by the sound of it, at least he thought so.

Slowly... he would regain consciousness, though it is not at all obvious, his eyes would slowly peel open, and with the sudden detection of more active brain waves, everything seems to reactivate. The screen/scope of his head piece turns on again, and suddenly, the filly would see the four ribbons laid about start to move. These ribbons retracting themselves right back into the strange pony's back. At a rather quick rate, as well. He lets out a slight groan as he lifts his head up to view his environment... the pain from before still getting to him a little, but he can't let this stop him from progressing.

He takes a small moment to view his surroundings... of course, he's not too surprised by the mass of trees around him. The dirt floor beneath him is surprisingly comfortable to lay on. Then... he spots what he believes is a young filly. She seems to be packed up quite nicely for a sort of traveling affair. Maybe she's headed somewhere... of course, he doesn't feel too alarmed at the moment, since it is only a filly he's dealing with at the moment. Clearly, she's very curious about the black stallion... who wouldn't be? He probably looks like something that came from outer space or something. His mind is clear, so the intention to fire off his sniper-moded helmet is very far in the back of his mind. Should she manifest as a real threat will he only be thinking about attacking... but would it be right either way? Having to take a filly's life just seems... such a waste. In more ways than one, too.

"Oh... um... hello there, little one." he tries to kindly greet the little filly.

Unfortunately, looking directly at the filly would also mean pointing his primary weapon directly at her too. It's very hazardous just to look at anything, really. Especially if his mind is a bit foggy... he might even be forced to remove his piece of equipment if he had to. Though for some reason... he now feels more at ease than he did before when he was tearing down through the sky. He could have sworn he would have gone mad if it continued any longer... it would be even worse if he had to enter combat soon after meeting this little one. He tends to show no mercy to his foes... and they usually end in pieces if they were unfortunate enough to wind up in his chain-gun's line of fire. This said weapon happening to be the helmet's front piece when it 'transforms' by simply exchanging the type of barrel and switching to a different firing mechanism.

"Oh, don't worry.. I'll be fine. It will take a lot more than that to bring me down." he tries to say with enthusiasm, but not so much so that he might freak her out... and to prove to her that he indeed can see everything in front of him, he might as well give a somewhat in depth description of what he sees around him... it gives a pretty good picture, at least he would think. "Though rest assured... I can see quite clearly. I'm pretty sure this is dirt below me, along with various but few scattered leaves and branches befallen from when I came crashing through earlier. In fact, there's a whole lot of trees around us, since this is a forest after all. You appear to me as a small filly with the coat of a very dark hue of purple, and from my orientation, your left eye is dark purple as well, but your right eye is a dark blue. Your cutie mark appears to look like a raven, and your mane is mostly dark purple as well, but only with a couple black stripes, not to mention it being quite long. I'm seeing quite a mix of colors to your tail if I'm not mistaken... dark purple of course, dark blue, and jet black. You're wearing a traveler's backpack, I take it... need I say more?"

If only she could see his expression right now... as his eyes widen a little at the sight of her smile. Could he have somehow caused that?... surprising, even for him. Though, he supposes he shouldn't be too surprised. Since the youth of any sort of species tends to be more happy and without as much of a care in the world. Still... he feels a sort of warmth inside from it. At least he could make somepony smile...

As a matter of fact, he does remember a lot of what the image of the ground looked like on his way down, and the river indeed would bring them closer to what he believed he saw was a town not too far from it... in fact, could this be the 'Las Pegasus' she had been seeking? This in fact is his target town... and traveling through the forest is the most covert way of showing up. One does not land in the middle of a civilized society, because there is no doubt that there will be somepony that would have seen you... he supposes the forest is no exception, then. As sometimes there are weary travelers within, but thankfully.. at least this one doesn't appear to be very hostile at all.

"...Well, I believe I just might know how to get there. If I remember correctly... following along that river should bring us closer to the main road that we can take directly to the place." he said... though he would never mention just how he might know that... as far as she's concerned, he just fell down some trees and landed here. Rather painfully at that... given the hidden bruises on various places on his body. The suit is extremely tough to tear, but sometimes it would seem that objects that hit him seem to skip the suit entirely, and the damage would be dealt almost directly to the stallion himself. "...Though for your safety, since I'm not really going anywhere in particular... I think I should go with you. Where there's water, there's bound to be others somewhere... and we never know just how dangerous they might be. Don't worry, I'll watch your back."

As expected, the black suited stallion would be seen trotting along behind her. Keeping a reasonable distance between them as to keep personal space in mind... deep down, he feels that same warmth that seems to increase in intensity as she seems to be getting more comfortable with him. Even if it's bit by bit, it's a lot more progress than he's made in quite a while. He makes sure to keep a watchful eye of his surroundings, looking closely at bushes around them, and his ears twitching at almost every slight sound. Though he knows an ambient setting when he's in one, it's better safe than sorry.

Every time she would throw herself through a bush... he almost cringes at the sight of it. Having almost no knowledge of this forest, he has no clue just what might be waiting in those bushes, or which ones are potentially poisonous or something just to make contact with them. Even though the suit would protect him mostly from that... he still hops over the bushes.

"Er... right, you're very welcome. You can call me Dark Star, or something short of it I suppose." he replies, smiling a little at that... that's funny, when he looked at her for a moment, he had a slight craving for carrots... though one does sound very good right now. It's been a while since he's eaten one that was freshly picked from the ground... though he keeps himself on topic, and continues to follow along with the little filly... though isn't he supposed to be leading the way, if he knows supposedly how to get to 'Las Pegasus'? He wonders... as he places himself now to the side of her, but not right next to her...

(I know very well of this, but I wanted to make a little sense of even new companions starting to be in slight sync with one another. Take my brother and me for example... he seems to always know exactly what I'm thinking, either that or it's total coincidence... but he tends to say things that relate to said thoughts right when I'm thinking of them, even if it has nothing to do with what we're watching or reading about, or other things we might be discussing randomly about. At one point, I even asked him to try and guess what I was thinking... I don't know if it was blind luck or not, but he got it right on his first try. So I wanted to create a somewhat similar scenario. In this case, Raven thought of carrots, and when Star happened to look at her at that moment, he suddenly gets a craving for some... I don't know if that makes sense or not, but I tried. ^^)

A slight but nervous feeling sweeps over Star's very being... what if they're actually heading in a wrong direction, or if they wind up in a town that's not Las Pegasus? It wouldn't matter to him where they went, but to her... she was more specific as to where she wanted to go, and just might become angry because of he that led them in the wrong direction....

and it only fuels the fire...

Though he feels nervous about it, he starts to grow angry again, but at least... not with her. Of course, he would be the one to cause somepony else a great deal more of trouble. If he only knew a little more about his environment... he definitely saw towns down below, but hardly knew anything about their ways of life, standards, or even their names for that matter. Though at least, he'll try and make up for such faults... probably his only quality of him is the fist of iron that he wields. The deadly accurate weapon equipped in his head accessory serves as his blade that, for now, he'll only use to protect Raven when the time comes... and in a forest like any, that time could be either near or far.

Still, no matter how upset he could get, he doesn't stop in making sure almost a full percentage of the time that the area is clear, but at least she wouldn't be able to notice too easily... as he observes that she seems to avoid the plants before them... it's probably for the best of reasons. Since she is probably more knowledgeable; just because she's a filly, doesn't mean she doesn't have potential... at least, he imagines that's probably very true. If she weren't, she may have just casually passed through any plant in this forest without even thinking twice. It's been too long, though... nothing has happened yet, which puts him even more on edge than before... as of now, he could 'pull the trigger' at literally any given moment, and with only so much as a single glance. He still easily keeps up with the little filly, but that does not even in the slightest put him at ease...

(I guess one might call 'em at a first glance... ( •_•), ( •_•)>⌐■-■, (⌐■_■) A timber wolf...)

It's like reading a thriller novel... other than the fact that both of them are now officially the main characters of it, but if that's the sort of feeling he suddenly gets out of this... that must mean something big might happen soon. There's always the suspense first... then the climax of the moment comes, and sometimes when one least expects it. Since she probably knows this area a lot better than he does... he tends to keep an eye on her actions and notes anything out of the ordinary. For a moment... she seemed a little nervous. He almost stopped completely as she is heard uttering whatever it was while she was noted to be observing the area, judging by her slight eye movements as they seem to scan the environment. If it's a threat that's coming... he'll most likely have to act swiftly. The chain-gun would do very nicely for that...

But it wasn't until she started to find a sense of hope, he could tell just by looking at her, and the way she suddenly started moving about. He kept pace along with her, though instead, using the large root as a 'springboard' and only slightly increasing his jump height... now if he were running, he just might soar through the air, when thinking of motion and all. When all that motion from running is suddenly directed to a jump, it typically goes higher than one's initial jump height. There was actually a point in his life where he thought of nothing else but improving his jump skill... there was something about being able to leap even a little higher than normal that made him feel.. good; simply put. Though when she stopped, he made sure to do the same...

He makes sure to follow where her vision points too, as he makes sure to try and see what she does as well... and with a little zoom, he could see the bark surfaces a little more clearly beyond the vine wall as he peered in between two vines at one of them, and with the way she looked at them... he could tell they weren't a friendly bunch at all. And there's no way that he'll give these things a chance to cause harm again. This time... he IS strong enough... and he CAN protect her this time. Never again will he allow an innocent to fall before the enemy... just before the enemies had jumped out, he had immediately swapped functions of the front half of his helmet. Detaching it from the rest of the head piece and revealing his true face, as he puts his right hoof inside what will now be his chain-gun... as the barrel swaps out for what appears to be a circular array of six bores. He may not have the benefit of a heads-up-display anymore, but that doesn't mean he still can't properly use this thing.

There's no way he's running now... he already has the motor going and the six barrels are spinning about, spinning at its default rate that would give this machine gun of his a high rate of fire. Though there's a huge problem with situations like these... and it's good for neither his opponents, nor himself. As he can feel his anger flowing through him now, as the creatures make their leap toward the filly, and as she bolts past him... it gives him the perfect opportunity to open fire. A single bullet might not have done much harm to even these strange wolf-like creatures' heads... but what about a thousand? He wonders, as the bullets suddenly start racing from the barrels of his gun. With previous training, he's able to almost fully control the recoil of his weapon... the sound of course is a little loud, but not as much as it would be if he were firing his sniper, as the repeating sounds of the same tone and frequency almost cancel each other out, and the bullets racing at high speed toward his newly found opponents. Though... this single moment might just be the end of Star. There was always the chance of that happening... but not in the way most might think. When Star lands a hit in hoof-to-hoof combat... his rage only increases, and easily gets to a point where he wouldn't stop until his opponent is dead. Now just imagine him landing a thousand hits... just from this fight...

He just might lose his mind.

• 2 months later...