post-3710-0-85761300-1342721639_thumb.pn

This is a very simple. ever evolving, slice of life RP for my OC, Grey Matter, and CrimsonNova's OC, Pesto. This is a basis for where they are at, to be kept running alongside whatever other RPs the couple, or an individual, is in. This helps to allow for growth of the characters by providing a running narrative.

To put it simply, this is Grey and Pesto's life, living together but not married, in Baltimare. That is all the exposition I will give, as I stand by the ideal of "Ladies first," and as such, CrimsonNova can post first as to what is happening now.

(Just gunna jump in because chat is being really really buggy for me I think. o.o

Also leaving room for plot development soo..)

Pesto groaned and rolled over in the bed, cursing the strip of light that was coming in through the curtains of her new home in Baltimare. She sat up slowly, and rubbed her head with her hoof. She looked over to her long term colt friend, Grey Matter. When she saw he wasn't there, she immediately got up to go look for him.

On her way to find Grey, she stopped outside her art room, which for a new room was fairly messy. Paint tubes and leaves scattered the huge sheet that covered the floor, and half finished prints and scenes on canvases lay on the floor. She smiled and looked to the print on the easel, which was the one she had been working on into the early hours of that morning.

She yawned slowly and rubbed her head again. "I have to stop staying up so late," she mumbled to herself, and headed down the stairs as she saw a flash of grey and green moving about.

Grey was downstairs cooking. When Pesto came back to bed last night, he knew she would be sleeping for a while, so when he got up, he started to make breakfast in bed for her. Sadly, he did not expect her to wake up as soon as she did, as he was just making the eggs.* "Aww. You ruined the surprise!" He exclaimed. "Well, I will just have to get up even earlier tomorrow. Good morning dear. I love you. You sleep well?" He said, as he flipped an egg, almost finished with her plate.

*Ponies in the show eat eggs, because eggs are used in cupcakes, which we have seen them eat numerous times. Ergo, eggs are a part of their diet, regardless of if a real pony would eat it.

Pesto grinned sleepily at Grey and inhaled appreciatively as the scent of cooking breakfast filled the house. She trotted over to his side and pecked his cheek lovingly, as she stifled a yawn. "Hello, hon. Were you planning on making me breakfast in bed?" she kissed his cheek again. "You are so sweet."

She returned to the table to sit down and she yawned, glad to rest her limbs. She silently resolved to stop painting through the night. Although, she thought, those small hours in the morning are the perfect time to work.

Grey took the pan off the fire and let the egg slide onto the plate, not paying much attention as he wrapped a hoof around Pesto, drawing himself toward her for a kiss. He replaces the pan, and cracks another egg before walking out of the room in a rush, announcing, "Hang on, I've got something for you!"

A moment later, he returned, flipped the egg he made for himself, and opened a box. "I headed out early today, before the wind got a chance to blow, and collected some unique leaves for you." The box was filled with unique leaves, be they in size, shape, or curves. What was more, is that, hidden in the box, under some leaves, was a hidden bracelet, inscribed with the words she already heard from him daily, "I love you forever, Grey+Pesto" Before she had a chance to find it, he turned off the heat for his egg, and sat on the floor, waiting for her to find the bracelet.

(Yes, Grey is officially proposing to Pesto.)

Pesto looked up at Grey and smiled softly, curious as to what he could have gotten her. She pulled the box towards her and began taking out leaves one at a time, making appreciative comments now and then about a certain leaf. She glanced up at Grey halfway through the leaves and smiled to herself, thinking about how lucky she was.

Her hoof scraped the bottom of the box, and she frowned, pulling out the bracelet. "What's this?" she asked, fixing her glasses and peering at the text curiously. She looked up at him, tilting her head. "Grey, is this..?"

Grey watched as she found the bracelet, and once she had clearly pulled it out, began his speech,

"Pesto, these past few years with you have been...the most magnificent years of my life. I love you, I have since I first laid my eyes on you. You are the most amazing pony in my life, and mean more to me than Equestria itself. You have proven yourself all that I ever wanted, a loving wife, a nurturing mother, a great friend, and all around a thoughtful and artistic pony. I can't even call you the mare of my dreams, because I could not have possibly dreamed that such a perfect mare could exist. We have lived together for a few years, and it has only proven our love for each other. I knew this then, and I know it more now. I want to spend every day with you. Nothing is as bad when you are with me. Morning breath smells better, I sleep better at night when I am holding you, and whenever you leave to visit your brothers, I count the days until you return. I may not have had any special somepony before you, but I do know that this is love, possibly more love than many other ponies could experience in several lifetimes. So, I never want to be without you. Pesto, will you marry me?"

He watched for her response all the while.

Pesto stayed silent and unmoving, her expression blank throughout his speech, but as he began to finish up, she found herself blinking the tears from her eyes after Grey had finished.

She took a deep, shaky breath and began to nod slowly, not even daring to believe this was real. However, when she saw his expression she jumped up off the chair and tackled Grey to the ground, holding the bracelet carefully. She couldn't even say anything, but she nodded furiously to get her point across, as she wrapped her hooves around him; feeling as though she could have taken on the world, and more.

She had everything she could ever want, and this thought had only just occurred to her.

Grey had spent the majority of his eloquence on that speech for Pesto, and simply wrapped his hooves around her as well. This, he thought, This is my favorite moment. I could not be happier He only was left to wonder, what now? Who do they tell first? When do they tell people? When will the wedding be? His mind flooded with questions. Ones he would need to answer. But for now, the most important thing was that he needed to spend time with Pesto. "Pesto," He said, once he found the words, "Do you want to head out? Spend a day on the town, to celebrate?"

Pesto wiped her tears with her hoof, and then slipped the bracelet on, giggling weakly as it sparkled in the morning light. "Yes, I quite like that idea," she nodded, and got up shakily, tears of joy still streaming from her blue eyes.

"Where shall we go? Did you have somewhere in mind?"

She went to the mirror in the hall to look at herself, and she smiled as the braclet glinted on her hoof. She wanted to go outside and zoom around screaming her happiness to the world, but she just let out another giggle, and contained her excitement.

Grey Matter knew just where he wanted to go. He had a surprise for her too...he had bought a boat. He got it to celebrate that he finally was ready to actually start his business, which he always said he would never propose until he did start the business. But what exactly he was doing would have to wait. While she looked at herself, he pulled out the picnic he had already prepared for them, and called out for her. He had words that had been waiting to leave his mouth since the day he met her. "Fiance, are you ready? I have the perfect start for us!"

Pesto turned and smiled at the look on Grey's face when he said the word fiancé, and she tilted her head coyly, wondering what he had planned for them. Grey often came up with wonderful ideas, so she didn't doubt that this night would be an entertaining one.

"The perfect start?" she asked, offering her bracelet clad hoof to him so that he could lead the way to where ever they were headed.

Grey grabbed hold of Pesto's hoof and led her out the back door. "To be honest, I did not sleep at all last night. Once you were asleep, I got up. I got us something, and moved it back here." He said, as he motioned to a boat with his other hoof. "You go first, m'lady. Our vessel awaits." Once she was on board, he began paddling out in the water.

"You haven't slept?" Pesto squeaked, reprimanding him playfully.

When she saw the boat, she fell silent, and look at Grey in disbelief. "You.. got us a boat?" she whispered, pulling her wings away from her sides and gliding over to the vessel in excitement. "A boat! Grey this is amazing! What a wonderful day it's been," she paused and glanced up to the sky. "And it's hardly even begun!"

She blinked over at him. "Hey, do you remember the first time we came here?"

"What, you mean our first day in Baltimare?" Said Grey. "Of course I do! How could I forget? We went into the bookstores, had a five star meal, went to see your favorite show, saw fireworks, and slept in the park. It is gonna be hard to top that, but I'm gonna try." He continues, "I also have some good news for you. I know what business I'm going to start. And YOU were my inspiration." He said, rowing the boat out into the bay. "And you look even more beautiful today than you did that day." He added

Pesto nodded as she reminisced on their first day in their home. She grinned to herself, looked out at the water and blushed at his compliment.

"That's great honey! I'm very honoured that I could inspire something so important! What is it?" she said, and lifted Grey's chin with her hoof to plant a soft kiss on his nose. She gazed at her fiancé's face and continued to smile happily. "Well, I better not distract you, I think it's a little to early for a bath," she joked, and stretched one of her wings as she sat back and enjoyed the trip.

Grey simply took a moment to build up the mystery. "I figured I could help sell some art. Like an art manager. I help put artists in the right place for inspiration, and help them sell prints of the art they make. I figured it was a novel idea, and a great way for us to spend time together." He stopped rowing. "But for now, we can simply bask in our time together, uninterrupted." He leaned back and motioned for her to lay on him, to look up at the clouds, floating in the bay, together for what felt like eternity.

Pesto's eyes widened a little and she sat up a little straighter, snapping out of her relaxing reminisce. "That's a brilliant idea honey!" she congratulated him, completely elated at this idea. She shook her head and rolled her eyes playfully. "You have such good ideas."

She slid over to him and wrapped her wings around him, laying her head onto his chest, where she smiled up at him. "Come to think of it, I have a surprise for you too. Remind me to show you when we go home," she murmured, closing her eyes against his pelt.

(Looks to the left. Looks to the right. I can sneak a post...)

"You don't need to get me anything. A stallion always strives to keep his mare satisfied. That is how I feel, at least." He says, then points up to the clouds. As he was recently engaged, his mind was full of the future, and he starts to draw out what he sees, as he did on their first day in Baltimare. First, he draws a curve. Then he goes up, drawing legs on the curve. Then what looked like a box, attached to the curve. He makes a rocking motion, before saying a word. "I see a crib, for our future foal. You see it? What else do you see, honey?"

Pesto pressed her nose against Grey's, and smiled up to the clouds. "Oh, it's nothing special, just something I thought you'd like."

She squinted up to the clouds, vaguely remembering their first night in Baltimare. She tilted her head. "Yeah I kinda see it!"

She raised a wing, too lazy to raise her own hoof. The sun always made her feel lazier. She tilted her head. "Well if you bring that one together with that one, and then add that one underneath.." she mumbled to herself, tracing it all out with the top of her wing, "you can kinda see the silhouette of two ponies, and a heart underneath!" she trilled, tilting her head more. "Well.. If you squint.. and tilt your head like this," she giggled.

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry, still recouping...well, everything. Nothing is wrong though, just overwhelming. Gotta get back into the swing of things. I have been looking at your post for a while, just trying to figure out how to reply.)

Grey squinted, and tilted his head, like she said. Although, he tilted in the wrong direction, knocking his head against hers. After tilting it in the other direction, and apologizing to her, he went on, "Yeah, I can see that. Still, all I need to see that anyway is a mirror. Or I can just look deep enough into your eyes," He said, gazing into her eyes for what had to be the millionth time. He pointed up, and set in motion his next surprise of the day. After he gave a signal, a wave of pegasi flew out, previously hiding. They moved the clouds that were in in the sky, at first seeming like random images, but later began to become more clear. "Well, I think the clouds speak for themselves." He said, as the clouds spelled out, "I...L...O...V...E...Y...O...U..."

Pesto gasped at the pegasi, and turned to face Grey with a look of mock sternness on her features. "Oh you and your many surprises!" she kissed his cheek and leaned her head against his. "How do you come up with these ideas? You're such a sweet stallion." She sighed happily. "I love you too."