Idea for a writing game

Idea for a game/story/activity

A fusion of Role playing and Writing collaborations.

In High school my English teacher made up do a "game" of sorts. we would each be given a topic or subject, and write a story about or involving it. the catch was that we had a time limit, and when it ran out we'd pass out paper to the next person, and that person would continue the story.

by the time we got out own story back it would usually be very different than how we intended it.

I wish to have a similar game here.

we would start out with a set up to make sure it was organized

-first we'd decide who was playing

-then think up a basic theme or concept, something simple that we can mold as we write

-maybe come up with our first character together

-we'd decide on a posting order, if a person doesn't post within a certain time we'd move onto the next person

then it would go something like this:

I'd do my best to start off strong in the first post, then the next person would write a post to continue it, then the next person would post after them. you would write the next part of the story, adding to it and developing it in your own way, we would like to see atleast a paragraph in a post. Third person, past tense would probably be best.

it would continue in a round format. if a new writer wanted to jump in, they would have to ask first.

-adding characters would be allowed, but i'd try to stay away from your own characters since other people would be writing them.

-I'd be all for adding a cast to it, maybe even setting it up with a profile based thing so we can know how the character is suposed to be written.

-not sure when we would end it, maybe keep going till most of us lost interest and finish it off as best we can.

if you can't tell this is mostly written off the cuff, i'd like more feed back on this before trying anything, suggestions would be super helpful, and i'd like to know who is interested in playing.

can't wait to hear from you all.

I am very interested and I am on here usually every day!This would be awesome plus I could practice my fanfic writing.

yay :)

awesomeness, thats three counting me. which is a good start....maybe one or two more and it will be perfect.

(do you think i'll get in trouble if i post a thread like this in the free rp section?)