My first fanfic

Kendrick

I'm not sure if this will work since I don't know exactly how FIMFiction works, But here is the link to the first thing I have written for the Ponyverse.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/39704/1/The-Twilight-Years/

This is a basic stub of the story in my head. It's mainly to get the notion out and on "paper."

If I feel moved I may expand it and write the whole story.

Feedback welcome.

~if you don't mind that is...~

I've just finished reading it, and it's an intriguing concept. It's easy to read, and for the most part understandable once the reader gets used the body/character switching between the three main cast members of this fic.

With that being said, it still is confusing sometimes, even if one knows who is who. But with three characters all in different places, it's difficult to write that in a way that's mostly comprehensive, so I won't harp on it too much.

Like I said, it takes a sort of 'learning curve' to read this story. Once that's overcome, it becomes an enjoyable read that's easy to get hooked onto.

• 3 weeks later...

Just added a new chapter. 9 so far. I have the "base" chapters for everyone but Fluttershy done. I hope I'm doing the Mane 6 characters justice. I expected Rarity to be the hardest but she didn't seem to be (if I got her right). Applejack still holds the lead by a wide margin of having been the hardest to write for. Fluttershy may be a challenge too. She is so often subject to stereotyping.

We'll see. I hope the ponies tell me where this is heading soon!

Posted it last night. Probably do another one in a day or two.

I don't think I'm happy with Rarity. I couldn't keep her from seeming... off.

Trying to get a baseline for her, even going so far as to get on YouTube and watch clips. Her reactions are just so all over the map that I can't pin down what she would do. There seems to be a huge variation between Rarity in S1 and in S2 a lot of the time too. *sigh* I may make a thread on her to see if it's just me.