(Canterlot) Fire Meets Fire (Ended)

Lux

[colour=#008080]“Well, ummm... [/colour][colour=#008080]Because I’m a magic educator, I actually have to quite a lot about how to cast all sorts of spells so that I can then provide students with assistance. That doesn’t mean I’ve mastered all those spells, no, no... you didn’t forget my heh heh... “performance” back in the cafeteria, did you? [/colour][colour=#008080]Anyway to get back on topic, the spell I find most useful in my job is the failsafe spell. Its primary function is to put a lock on the aether around an object or living being to safeguard the laws of physics around that particular thing. In laymare’s terms... it stops a unicorn from being able to use magic. Failsafe spells come in handy when a youngster looses controls over their powers, which happen more often than you’d think around here. RIght, that’s just about what I do the best...”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit listened to the mare's answer thoroughly, happy to learn a little more about her new friend. It made sense to her that being able to stop the ponies she was teaching was an important thing. Yeah. She often made a mess of things when she tried out her own magic; Mr. Gray would probably do well to learn this failsafe spell himself. For a mare like Miss Marie who had to deal with lots of young unicorns all the time it had to be even more important to be able to stop things when it was out of control. If that was her special talent, it made a lot of sense that she ended up working the job she did.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"I see. That sounds really useful," [/colour][colour=#cccccc]she said with a nod to the mare.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“Goodness gracious...[/colour][colour=#008080]Somepony must have casted a huge mess of a spell in there. [/colour][colour=#008080]That reminds me Miss Spirit; didn’t I see you use a pryokinetic spell back in the library basement? Is that your main magical skill?”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Miss Marie spoke some more as they passed a practice hall that was damaged and out of use. Spirit gave a subtle nod at the question.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"That's right. My fire is my magical talent. As you can see, it's even my cutie mark."[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]She looked down a little and added,[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"It's actually the only magic I'm really good at." [/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit didn't know what to think of her fire really. It was the only thing that had kept her alive in the forest, yet now that she was out it hardly seemed to have much use and usually seemed to only get her in trouble. Still, Mr. Gray often said it was an impressive skill... and it Spirit did find her flames to be kind of pretty. All in all, she was neither ashamed or in love with the mark on her flank. It was just another part of her.

Speaking of marks, she hadn't really given it much thought before, but Miss Marie had an apple for her cutie mark. That was kind of interesting. Apples certainly didn't have anything to do with failsafe magic. Spirit kind of wondered about that. Mr. Gray had told her all about cutie marks and how important and symbolic they work. It was kind of odd. She wondered if she should ask about it? After thinking it though a moment, she decided to maybe ask later. Mr. Gray had warned her before about asking too many questions and how it can irritate others some times.[/colour]

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The red unicorn listened intently to Miss Marie's reply about her magical talents. Of all ponies, Fire Heart knew that unicorns could have many different abilities just by observing the other students at school. She was surprised to know the Miss Marie's main spell she knew was not something plant elated, as she thought due to the apple cutie mark. Instead it was a fail-safe spell to stop magic.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well, I can understand how that would help here. I don't think I ever remember needing that spell put on me when I burst into flames."[/colour]

Fire then heard Spirit explain that her magic was fire, sort off like the red unicorn's magic.

[colour=#FF0000]"Yeah, Spirit sounds like me, having fire as her main ability. I'm kind of the same way that I don't know too many other spells except for maybe telekinesis which all unicorns know that one."[/colour]

Fire saw the first practice room out of order. She wondered what happened inside but felt it would perhaps be better not to find out. She then reached the next one which was open. Pushing the door open, she was surprised that it did not have anypony inside. The room was square with high vaulted ceilings. There were seats up against the two side walls for ponies to wait their turn. The back wall contained several shelves with magical items and things to aid in practice.

14aittd.png

[colour=#008080]~So Miss Spirit’s special ability is also fire? Hmmm... no wonder she and Miss Heart get along so well~[/colour]

Ingrid Marie did think it strange that nopony commented on her cutie mark; usually, that’s what students asked about whenever she mentioned the failsafe spell to be her signature ability. For now, Ingrid shrugged it off as Fire Heart went ahead of the group and entered the next available practice room. To the counselor’s disappointment, this hall was unoccupied meaning that Spirit wouldn’t get to see other magically-adapt unicorns in action as originally planned.

[colour=#008080]“Mmkay, there’s only Practice Room C left to visit,”[/colour] remarked Ingrid; [colour=#008080]“No point in staying here..... unless any of you feel like showing off your pryokinesis to each other, that is.”[/colour] If they hadn't done that already, now would be a very opportune time for them to do so when no other student was around.....

[colour=#FF0000]"Yeah, Spirit sounds like me, having fire as her main ability. I'm kind of the same way that I don't know too many other spells except for maybe telekinesis which all unicorns know that one."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit nodded at Fire's words. It really was refreshing to have a friend with the same sort of abilities she had. Of course, Spirit herself struggled even with telekinesis sometimes. She was frequently dropping things she tried to carry with magic. When she said she was only good with her fire, she meant it. Everything else was just lacking or underdeveloped. She caused a lot of stress for Mr. Gray sometimes, which made her a little sad. She earnestly hoped that someday she'd be able to learn and perform all sorts of amazing different spells.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“Mmkay, there’s only Practice Room C left to visit. [/colour][colour=#008080]No point in staying here..... unless any of you feel like showing off your pryokinesis to each other, that is.”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Miss Marie spoke up as they came to a practice room that was unfortunately empty. Spirit started to shake her head at the comment, but in thinking about it some, while she had gotten a chance to see Fire's magic in the form of her beautiful fire dance back in the park, neither of her new friends had gotten a good chance to see her magic yet. The only time in which she had used it that day, it had been briefly, in the dark and with the others likely distracted. Maybe it would be a good chance for her to show off just a little? Nodding, she decided to step forward and give it a try.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Uh... well... okay,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit said, reticent to show her ability.[/colour][colour=#ffffff]"Mr. Gray told me not to use it too much... but with Miss Marie here, it should be fine, even if I mess up..." [/colour][colour=#cccccc]she said softly, looking at the mare.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Miss Marie's ability really was a good reassurance. She'd be able to step in and stop her if she accidentally used too much. Which was good, as Spirit didn't want to hold back. Fire had shown her something beautiful earlier, so she wanted hers to be pretty too. Sure, she wasn't going to be able to move like Fire had, but she could at least make her fire move good. She remembered a certain other unicorn who had once stayed with Mr. Gray and made use of his archives. That mare, who had a talent for black flames, had taught Spirit a few things about controlling her flames with elegance and power. Giving a single nod, she stepped forward.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Okay... here goes,"[/colour][colour=#cccccc] she said as her horn began to glow as purely white as her mane.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]A bright white flame swirled outward in a tight spiral, growing steadily larger until it was several feet over Spirit's head. The flame ballooned suddenly then and split in two. The two flames then began to spin rapidly over Spirit's head, moving gradually downward until they spinning in a ring directly around her. She stopped them suddenly, perfectly perpendicular to her own body before sending them straight upward on a collision course. A quite small but intense explosion occurred a safe distance upward (but not so close to the ceiling as to ignite anything).[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit, who had been perfectly still, eyes closed and concentrating deeply the whole time, then opened her eyes and silenced her horn, bringing an end to her showy spell. She glanced at the two, hoping for some feedback.[/colour]

Miss Marie mentioned that there was not much to do in the practice room. Granted it was a blnd looking room, but it had to be. A well decorated room would easily be damaged by a rogue spell. The counselor mentioned using it as a way to show off skills.

Spirit surprisingly was interested in showing off her skills. She performed what looked like a fiery tornado that circled overhead and then around her.

[colour=#FF0000]"Wow Spirit! That was amazing! You really have a talent shaping fire around you."[/colour]

The red unicorn then thought about what spell to try. After a few seconds she had an idea.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ok. I've been working on this one. It's not perfect but here it goes."[/colour]

Fire Heart stood in the middle of the room and with a glow of her horn two flaming appendages sseemed to sprout from her back growing longer and more defines. In a matter of seconds she had a pair of fully spread wings the size of what Princess Celestia had, only hers were on fire. Fire gave the wings a few flaps before making them and the disappear, leaving the unicorn in the middle, panting slightly.

[colour=#FF0000]"That (pant) spell was called Phoenix Wings (pant). It kind of (pant) takes alot out of me (pant)."[/colour]

14aittd.png

Ingrid Marie’s offhoof comment about letting the fillies practice in the hall wasn’t meant to be taken completely seriously, so it took her by surprise when the meek Miss Spirit offered to provide a demonstration of her abilities. Providing only a gentle nod of approval to the purple unicorn, Ingrid proceeded to watch in awe as Spirit summoned a spectacular display of white flames. It was almost hard to believe that Spirit hadn’t made an effort to apply for enrollment in the School; she probably would have had a good chance at making the cut.

When the filly finished her routine, Counselor Marie loudly applauded while Miss Heart verbally congratulated her friend. Fire then took the opportunity to show off one of her own pyrokinetic tricks, casting a spell to give her wings of fire. While the display was no less impressive than Spirit’s, Fire was left exhausted after her brief performance. [colour=#008080]“Don’t worry Miss Heart,”[/colour] Ingrid coached the filly;[colour=#008080] “If you keep at it, it’ll take less effort to do the spell each additional time-”[/colour]

[colour=#cc0033]“Ah, don’t be such a party-pooper Immie!”[/colour] cried out a young mare’s voice from the doorway; [colour=#cc0033]“That spell was outright AWESOME, Fire! Oh, your friend's spell was amazing too!”[/colour] Ingrid Marie didn’t need to recognize the mare’s sound to remember the one practice hall volunteer (and magic school graduate) who ever dared to address her with a nickname. A simple glance at the entryway proved her guess correct; standing there was no other than the alabaster moon-flanked unicorn Moondancer.

2wmm3ux.jpg

[colour=#cc0033]“How’s it going, girls?”[/colour] the mare asked; [colour=#cc0033]“Why aren’t you all over at Practice Hall C? That’s where all the real action is; why hide out here in this deserted place anyway?”[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Wow Spirit! That was amazing! You really have a talent shaping fire around you."[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Thank you," [/colour][colour=#cccccc]Spirit replied to her friend's enthusiasm, giving a slow nod, unfazed by the magical display she had put on. She was glad Fire had liked it. She had really found Fire's fire dancing earlier very beautiful, so she was happy to perform something that impressed Fire too.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Ok. I've been working on this one. It's not perfect but here it goes."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit hadn't anticipated Fire stepping forward to show off more of her magic. She was of course interested to see what Fire had planned though, and as it were she was hardly disappointed. The flame wings Fire produced were quite pretty. They were of course not functional--it would be hard to get much lift through moving flames around, but as a purely cosmetic spell it was very nice and impressive.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"That (pant) spell was called Phoenix Wings (pant). It kind of (pant) takes alot out of me (pant)."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]The filly smiled slightly.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"Phoenix Wings? I see. It was very nice,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said softly.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"I'll have to remember that one myself,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said with a nod. It didn't seem difficult to perform. The hard part would be the fine details and keeping both wings uniform and in sync with each other. Still, Spirit had confidence she would be able to do it herself with a little practice.[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“That spell was outright AWESOME, Fire! Oh, your friend's spell was amazing too! [/colour][colour=#CC0033]How’s it going, girls? [/colour][colour=#CC0033]Why aren’t you all over at Practice Hall C? That’s where all the real action is; why hide out here in this deserted place anyway?”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit's attention went to an unfamiliar voice that had arrived suddenly on the scene. She glanced over to find a young unicorn mare with a white coat at the doorway watching them. Spirit tilted her head and stared at this pony a while. She seemed too old to be a student there and she certainly couldn't be a teacher, could she? She seemed to know Fire. Spirit wondered who she was. [/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Heh, thanks Miss Marie for the encouragement," [/colour]Fire said as she felt her body was recovering from a draining spell like the one she performed, [colour=#FF0000]"And thank you too Spirit. Yeah that spell is easy to remember but the trick it shaping the fire right so it looks like wings while moving them. It took a while to learn how to do that. Of course, they aren't real wings. That would be really cool if I could fly with them."[/colour]

Fire then heard a familiar voice and turned to see Moondancer standing.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh hi there Moondancer! We just keep bumping into each other, don't we? Oh, this is my new friend Spirit Flame. Spirit, this is Moondancer. I met her in a practice hsall just like here. So Moon, what's going on in Practice Hall C?"[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg14aittd.png

[colour=#cc0033]“Hey there Spirit!”[/colour] Moondancer cried out to Fire’s new friend;[colour=#cc0033] “I volunteer over at the practice halls here whenever I can, making sure everypony stays safe when they practice magic and all that. In fact, my shift over at Hall C ended a couple minutes ago; I was just heading on out when I noticed you guys here.”[/colour] Curious about what Ingrid Marie was up to away from her office, Moon asked the counselor; [colour=#cc0033]“So Immie; what are you doing here? Don’t you usually wait until late afternoon to give tutoring sessions"?[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“Actually Ms. Moondancer,”[/colour] a beaming Ingrid spoke up, slightly chuckling in the process; [colour=#008080]“I’m giving the fillies here a tour of the campus. They certainly had quite the extraordinary sightseeing excursion, if I do say so myself.”[/colour]

[colour=#cc0033]“REALLY?”[/colour] exclaimed the moon-flanked mare, taking a few seconds to comprehend what she just heard before speaking again; [colour=#cc0033]“I thought you’d never get bored with your counseling job, Immie. But anyway, shouldn’t you be up in your office right now?”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“Perhaps,”[/colour] Ms. Marie hesitantly answered; [colour=#008080]“This isn’t my office hours, but I’d normally be doing paperwork right about now.”[/colour]

[colour=#cc0033]“Well if you’ve got important work to do Immie,”[/colour] Moondancer earnestly offered; [colour=#cc0033]“You can always let me lead the girls around. I wouldn't mind it at all; I don’t really have to be anywhere else for the next three hours, anyway.”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“Ehhh,”[/colour] Ingrid stumbled, scratching the back of her neck; [colour=#008080]“Thank you kindly for your generous offer Ms. Moondancer, but maybe we should let Ms. Heart and Ms. Spirit decide?”[/colour] While the counselor really was having a good time acting as a tour guide, Moondancer did raise the point that she should really be going over documents right now. At the very least though, Ingrid had succeeded in showing the fillies the important areas of interest that Moondancer was not allowed to enter. That meant the white-coated mare was more than qualified to lead the group through everyplace else of interest at the school.....

[colour=#FF0000]"And thank you too Spirit. Yeah that spell is easy to remember but the trick it shaping the fire right so it looks like wings while moving them. It took a while to learn how to do that. Of course, they aren't real wings. That would be really cool if I could fly with them."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit nodded to her friend. It seemed she had been right about this spell. All the same, even if the wings weren't functional they did look pretty and they could probably have some sort of practical use as a means to intimidate. Spirit would definitely have to try it later.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh hi there Moondancer! We just keep bumping into each other, don't we? Oh, this is my new friend Spirit Flame. Spirit, this is Moondancer. I met her in a practice hsall just like here. So Moon, what's going on in Practice Hall C?"[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“Hey there Spirit! I[/colour][colour=#CC0033] volunteer over at the practice halls here whenever I can, making sure everypony stays safe when they practice magic and all that. In fact, my shift over at Hall C ended a couple minutes ago; I was just heading on out when I noticed you guys here.”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit glanced back at this new mare as she was introduced to her by Fire. She gave a tentative nod, feeling somewhat shy as she always did when first meeting someone new. She recovered quickly though; if this was Fire's friend, like Miss Marie, she couldn't be somepony bad. Maybe this was an opportunity to meet another new friend.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Umm... hello..."[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said, low and quiet as this Moondancer started to talk to Miss Marie.[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]The two seemed to be discussing the tour and whether Miss Marie would continue on with them. Miss Marie ultimately turned toward her and Fire to decide. Spirit wasn't sure what to say, but she didn't think she wanted Miss Marie to leave. It was always a sad thing to part with friends, and especially since Spirt wasn't sure if she'd be coming back to Canterlot or not. [/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Maybe we can all go together...?"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she suggested in a soft tone, looking downward. [/colour]"[colour=#ffffff]Things are better with more friends."[/colour]

Fire Heart listened as Moondancer explained where she was before meeting up with them.

[colour=#FF0000]"So Room C had some practicing going on. Guess that's why it was closed."[/colour]

Moondancer then asked if she could take Spirit on the tour of the campus.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well, I don't want to keep you from your work Miss Marie, but if you two want to take me and Spirit on a tour together, that will be fine." [/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg14aittd.png

Fire Heart didn’t seem all that decisive concerning whether Ingrid Marie should continue leading the group or go back to doing paperwork, but Spirit Flame on the other hoof expressed reluctance towards having the counselor leave. So as Ingrid rationalized, the expression “the more, the merrier” didn’t exist for no reason... right? [colour=#008080]“Very well,”[/colour] a grinning Ingrid warmly announced; [colour=#008080]“I’ll be happy to continue leading all of you through our academic facilities. I don’t think I’ll be much of an effective guide for the dormitories though; I do live off-campus after all.”[/colour] Chuckling, Ms. Marie silently thanked Celestia for the existence of lifelong tenure.

[colour=#cc0033]“Well, how about it then girls?”[/colour] Moondancer casually butted into the conversation; [colour=#cc0033]“Anyplace here you two wanna’ visit next?”[/colour] The part-time volunteer already offered her services as a guide, and by golly, she wouldn’t leave these fillies hanging! Of course, there was always another possibility; [colour=#cc0033]“Or maybe you’d rather practice fire magic some more?”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“Very well, [/colour][colour=#008080]I’ll be happy to continue leading all of you through our academic facilities. I don’t think I’ll be much of an effective guide for the dormitories though; I do live off-campus after all.”[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“Well, how about it then girls? [/colour][colour=#CC0033]Anyplace here you two wanna’ visit next? [/colour][colour=#CC0033]Or maybe you’d rather practice fire magic some more?”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit smiled her slight smile, glad they were all staying together. She found that, if she was with friendly ponies, it didn't matter what they were doing, and all of these ponies had been very nice so far.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"We could..."[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit said, tilting her head.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"But maybe we should see some other things first."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]She nodded and looked ahead.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"We were going to a practice hall to see ponies practicing other magics... I don't know though... what else is there to see?" [/colour][colour=#cccccc]she looked toward Fire. The others here would certainly know what was worth showing better than her.[/colour]

The three ponies appeared to look towards Fire Heart as the de facto leader for this leg of the tour, catching her off guard a little. Her mind quickly shifted into high gear as she thought about the places she's been with Spirit and the places she felt would be good to go next.

[colour=#FF0000]"Um... we've been to the cafeteria, the library, the restricted colection, and a practice room. If you want you can check out my dorm room Spirit. We can also head to the obervation floor where you can see the entire ci\ty. There is also the Magical Artifacts Room, but I can't get in there wiithout permission. It does have some cool things in there I've heard."[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg14aittd.png

It seemed to Ingrid Marie like everyone was punting the matter of where to go to off to the pony next to them. Eventually the decision was up to Ingrid, as she was the obstinate tour guide. While she did receive some choices from Fire Heart, one selection baffled her; [colour=#008080]“Uhhh... Magic Artifacts Room? Sorry, but I don’t recall Celestia’s School having a-”[/colour] Suddenly the counselor remembered;[colour=#008080] “Oh, you must be referring to the facility run by Canterlot University next door. Students of both Celestia’s School and the University can both access that facility, but Miss Heart and Miss Spir... err, Miss Flame will need written permission from me first before they can be admitted inside.”[/colour] Now knowing Spirit Flame’s full name, Ingrid now saw fit to address her as Miss Flame instead.

[colour=#cc0033]“Tehehe,”[/colour] Moondancer chimed in; [colour=#cc0033]“I’m an aetherology student, so I’ve already been to the Magical Relic Center a couple of times. Personally though, I’d like to go up to the roof first; it’s been too long since I saw the view from up there. And since Immie’s office is only about a floor down from the roof, she can stop there too and fill out the authorization forms Fire and Spirit need.”[/colour]

Seeing that Moondancer’s logic was sound, Ingrid Marie nodded and started to trot out of the room; [colour=#008080]“Very well then fillies; I’ll lead you all to the observation area now.....”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit listened as the other three discussed where to go. All of the options sounded like things to see. This was exciting. Seeing so many new things... spending the day with friends... it was great. She would have so much to tell Mr. Gray about when he came for her. She was looking forward to it. When it was decided that they would be visiting the roof first and then heading to the University to see a Magical Research Center she couldn't help but look forward to it all. Wait, Canterlot University? That was where Mr. Gray had taught.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"We'll be going to Canterlot University too?"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit started, showing more excitement than her subdued emotions usually allowed.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"Mr. Gray used to teach there... I've always wanted to see it..."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]She gave a nod and then looked over at Moondancer.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"I want to see the roof too though. We can go there first..."[/colour]

It was easy for Fire Heart to get confused about where things were between the two buildings. Princess Celestia's School had ties with Canterlot University, mostly involving students from the university coming over to instruct the students. Also students from Celestia's School had access to some rooms with permission like the Relics Room.

[colour=#FF0000]"Err... yeah that where it is. Guess I forgot which scjhool the Relics Room was."[/colour]

She was all interested in showing Spirit the place, but there was a catch. Spirit not being a student of either school was not allowed without permission. ThenMoondancer offered an interesting idea.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hey, that's a great idea Moon! We can go to the observation area then to Mis Marie's office then to the Relics room. Come on everypony! i know the way to the roof."[/colour]

Fire made her way up the steps towards the top of the building, getting ever closer to her goal.

2wmm3ux.jpg14aittd.png

A smile formed on Ingrid Marie’s face as Fire Heart darted in front of her to take the lead on the tour. Having worked as the school’s magic counselor for many years now (not to mention her time as a magic student before that, the apple-flanked unicorn had taken the view from up top for granted. Counselor Marie thus took delight in the fact that the younger ponies had not lost that sense of anticipation yet.

As the group trotted up the stairs, Moondancer kept a close eye on Fire’s new buddy. Where did Spirit live? What did she like to do? And most important of all, was she awesome? In the college student’s mind, there was only one way to find out how much of a cool cat this new pony was. [colour=#cc0033]“So Spirit,”[/colour] Dancer asked with a gigantic smile; [colour=#cc0033]“.....do you like DJ Pon-3!!!?” [/colour]In all honesty, the white-coated unicorn wouldn't really think less of Spirit Flame if she wasn't a fan of Vinyl Scratch, but it was always nice to bond with a fellow fangirl nonetheless.....

[colour=#FF0000]"Hey, that's a great idea Moon! We can go to the observation area then to Mis Marie's office then to the Relics room. Come on everypony! i know the way to the roof."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit nodded at Fire. it did sound like a good idea. As the other filly offered to lead them, she prepared to follow eagerly. She could only imagine the view from the roof observation area would be amazing. She was looking forward to it.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Okay, let's go," [/colour][colour=#cccccc]she said softly as she trailed after her friend.[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“So Spirit[/colour][colour=#CC0033].....do you like DJ Pon-3!!!?”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]An excited question left Moondancer as they made their way to the roof. Spirit stopped for a second, tilting her head to the side in confusion. Deejay pone three? What was that? She couldn't remember reading about anything by that name in Mr. Gray's books, nor had she encountered it during her daily life in Fillydelphia. She was at a loss.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"What's that?"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit asked, a confused lilt to her reticent voice. [/colour][colour=#ffffff]"Is it something you can eat?"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she guessed, not sure where to start.[/colour]

Fire Heart was so excited to make it to the observation tower that she almost forgot that there were other ponies behind hr. She quickly slowed up to wait for the three to catch up to her.

Fire then heard Moondancer ask Spirit about whether she liked DJ Pon3.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh yeah, I remember now. You're totally a fan of her aren't you Moon? I remember that you were always humming a song of hers when in the practice room."[/colour]

Fire then heard Spirit ask if DJ pon3 was a food.

[colour=#FF0000]"You never heard of DJ Pon3? Well, she's not a food. She's a pony who plays music, mainly stuff that makes you want to dance. do you listen to music, Spirit?" [/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg14aittd.png

Moondancer covered her mouth to prevent a storm of laughter from coming out of her mouth. Whatever made Spirit Flame think that D3 Pon-3 was a food product? Fortunately, Fire Heart concisely explained to her friend what the disk jockey did for a live. Once her giggles died down, the white-coated mare replied; [colour=#cc0033]“You got that right Fire, tehehe. And yeah, I’m like her biggest fan of all time. Just hear me imitate one of her songs note for note!”[/colour]

As Moondancer started to make impromptu wubbing sounds with her muzzle, Ingrid Marie stayed silent as she caught up with Miss Heart on the stairwell. For her part, she was content to simply observe the three younger ponies bond with one another. Before she knew it, she could see a closed at the top of the stairwell; just a little bit more to go now! [colour=#008080]“We’re here everypony!”[/colour] the counselor shouted, opening the door and keeping it open to let the other ponies trot up onto the rooftop.....

[colour=#FF0000]"You never heard of DJ Pon3? Well, she's not a food. She's a pony who plays music, mainly stuff that makes you want to dance. do you listen to music, Spirit?" [/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit nodded as Fire explained who this DJ Pon-3 was. Oh, a musician? She really didn't know much about music. She could recall wandering into what had been referred to as a party one time and there being ponies playing music? She was like that then? How interesting. This music then made ponies want to dance? That was a curious effect; she wondered if it was some sort of magical suggestion thing. She might have to read more about music when she got home. At the very least she could ask Mr. Gray about it.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"Hmm... I think I've listened to it at least a few times," [/colour][colour=#cccccc]Spirit said with a short nod. [/colour][colour=#ffffff]"Maybe four. I don't really know much about it though,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said, glancing upward some as she continued after the others.[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“You got that right Fire, tehehe. And yeah, I’m like her biggest fan of all time. Just hear me imitate one of her songs note for note!”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Miss Moondancer spoke up then, and then proceeded to make some highly unusual sounds. Spirit stared at her, head tilted to the side, highly bewildered.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"So that is music? How... unusual..."[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said, blankly, not really sure what to make of what the other pony was doing. [/colour][colour=#ffffff]"Perhaps I haven't listened to music before after all."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Those words said, the filly continued along. When Miss Marie announced they had arrived at the roof, she trotted out to observe alongside the others.[/colour]

Fire couldn't help but giggle as Moondancer made an inpromptu impression of the music that DJ Pon3 made.

[colour=#FF0000]"Um... yeah. I think you'd better let DJ Pon3 do the wubbing."[/colour]

Spirit asked if all music was like that. Clearly she didn't hear much music from where she was.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well, I'm no expert on music Spirit, but there are different types. Some have ponies signing, others are just the instruments. There's also different types too like classical, country, rock, dance, all kinds. You know I should take you to a concert if there's one playing next time you come to Canterlot."[/colour]

Mis Marie at last announced that the group was at the observation area. It was an open space with a turreted appearance, just like the castle in Canterlot. From there the ponies could see a 360 degree view of the city and even beyond. The only place taller than this tower was of course the castle, making it the only obstruction.

[colour=#FF0000]"Isn't this a great place," [/colour]Fire said, [colour=#FF0000]"I've been up here before fro an astronomy class, but this view never gets old. What do you think, Spirit?"[/colour]

2wmm3ux.jpg14aittd.png

Moondancer looked a little bit dejected as it became evident that her wubbing did not impress Fire Heart and Spirit Flame. It was a good thing then that the white mare knew a thing or two about overcoming adversity in all its forms; [colour=#cc0033]“Ah, don’t worry girls; I’ll get my wubbing down pat one of these days. You just wait and see!”[/colour]

The moon-flanked mare was the next pony to reach the observation area after Fire, and indeed she affirmatively nodded as the filly mentioned how the view never got old. [colour=#cc0033]“Uh-hum, you got that right Fire,”[/colour] stated Moondancer as she pointed off towards a sprawling complex bigger than Celestia’s School but lacking the tall spires in return; [colour=#cc0033]“There’s Canterlot University right over there, and you can see my house nearby CU from up here too. Oh yeah, Immie’s house is right-”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“Utter one more syllable and I’ll know a certain somepony who won’t be getting internship credits from this fine institution,”[/colour] a glaring Ingrid Marie warned with the uttermost mock-sternness. Both Moondancer and her former magic counselor had an understanding with one another that they could undergo this type of banter in private, but Ingrid still had to play the role of the authority figure whenever students were around.....

[colour=#FF0000]"Um... yeah. I think you'd better let DJ Pon3 do the wubbing. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Well, I'm no expert on music Spirit, but there are different types. Some have ponies signing, others are just the instruments. There's also different types too like classical, country, rock, dance, all kinds. You know I should take you to a concert if there's one playing next time you come to Canterlot."[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]Spirit listened and nodded along.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"It sounds... interesting. I might have to try and learn more on the subject..."[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said as she thought. She'd definitely have to ask Mr. Gray if he had any books about music when she got home. If there were so many different kinds it might be best if she learned something about it, especially since Fire and Miss Moondancer seemed so enthusiastic about the subject. [/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"But what's a concert?"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she asked, not familiar with term.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Isn't this a great place, [/colour][colour=#FF0000]I've been up here before fro an astronomy class, but this view never gets old. What do you think, Spirit?"[/colour]

[colour=#CC0033]“Uh-hum, you got that right Fire. [/colour][colour=#CC0033]There’s Canterlot University right over there, and you can see my house nearby CU from up here too. Oh yeah, Immie’s house is right-”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]“Utter one more syllable and I’ll know a certain somepony who won’t be getting internship credits from this fine institution,”[/colour]

[colour=#cccccc]As they moved out onto the observation area, the others all started to speak. Spirit stared out, engrossed in the view. it really was impressive. She could see so much up there and Canterlot was such a beautiful, different looking city. It was a lot to take in though she did her best to follow where Moondancer pointed.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]"It's very impressive,"[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]Spirit said in a voice that only hinted that she was actually impressed. Her endless gaze was the much bigger clue.[/colour] [colour=#ffffff]"Fillydelphia doesn't look anything like Canterlot..."[/colour] [colour=#cccccc]she said as she continued to stare outward. [/colour]