Replacement Canon

Kendrick

I know that there is a thread for Unusual Head-canon in 18+, but I thought an alt canon thread everyone can talk in would be nice. (and my search turned up zip for "canon")

Mainly I was wondering what Fan stories you find altering your view of canon.

I've really become attached to this story, and the stories growing out of it. It almost replaces some things in the show as "canon" in my head.

A few shorts I've been reading on FiMFiction have influenced my view of things too.

What all have you been reading that's made "new canon" for you?

I don't read too much, but a friend of mine suggested a thought to me that helped me write a fanfic.It was his idea, but i was the one to write it now as a narrative...

Basically, the idea is that Discord is not really a god of chaos... he's a god of nature... Celestia has made most everything controllable by ponies, and made thing so orderly that everyone is use to how things are now.

The length of a day is controlled by Celestia, as well as the night

The season's change when the ponies want them to (Winter wrap up and the running of the leaves)

Pegasus control the weather in every aspect.

There are very few truly 'wild' animals outside of the everfree forest (Birds have to be brought back north, etc)

Apparently they have a lot of control over plant life as well, (Comment about the everfree forest and their trees growing 'all by themselves')

So yeah, ponies have control over everything in Equestria (outside of the forest) So... what if thing were to happen 'naturally'? If apples grew all by themselves, some might become bigger than normal... but when all you've ever seen were regular sized apples, you might embellish how big these new apples are...

It's a hallucination of sorts... You've grown use to how everything is regulated, and how everything looks, and suddenly it all changes, you would start to see things being VERY different. Like if the world suddenly started spinning faster and the day became 16 hours long instead of 24... It's not a huge change, but when you've been use to 24 hours your entire life, suddenly it's a sign of the apocalypse.

So to the mane six, the apple's are GIGANTIC! but that's a delusion of never seeing apples grow on their own.

and the rain clouds, They probably purify the water before making clouds, and possibly bleach them in some way... so if a natural cloud with not-as-clean water, and not as white clouds, Suddenly it seems like "OMG! GIANT PINK COTTON CANDY CLOUDS AND IT'S RAINIGN CHOCOLATE!!!"

Or the animals suddenly growing six feet tall, They've been taking care of animals and regulating their diet and whatnot, so they expect them to be a certain size... but when they see them grow a bit bigger, they see a delusional hallucination of a giant bunny runny around.

So once they've seen these few changes brought on by Discord, suddenly everyhting looks chaotic, nothing is in order, everything is going crazy! When in actuallity, it's just natural...

Heck,i could even argue that everyone acting like the opposite of themselves in natural... You try to regulate your emotions, but sometimes ou find yourself not acting like yourself... and again, when all you know is 'A kind and caring pony who might be a little too timid" and suddenly that changes... it's chaotic...

I really like it, and i think you should take a look =3

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/8815/Natural-Chaos

Finally had the time to read it. That is a very interesting take on things.

It certainly plays on the Celestia the Tyrant meme very well.

And the statue bit... *shudder*

Yeah, i thought it was interesting when he told me about it. it's certainly an idea i'd like to play with in the future...

But what statue bit do you mean exactly? The foreshadowing?