Meeting in the Moonlight (ATTN: ShadowStorm88)

Lux

Unbelieveable. That was the word that summed up her thoughts when Night Watcher learned what she knew now. She was recently informed by some privates in the Lunar Guard that while on patrol they noticed that another pony was in the city stopping crime! According to the soldiers, this one was definitely not a member of the REA, but he or she definitely had training.

It didn't sit well that some vigillante was running around town in the middle of the night playing the hero. This had nothing to do with pride, this had to do with principle. The Lunar Guard was to be the sole defenders of Canterlot at night, woking only with the rest of the REA and answerable to higher commands and of course the princesses.

Several thoughts ran throught her mind as the armor clad pegasus went on patrol. What if this pony was a few apples short of a bushel? What if he or she want to get to the princesses? All were possible, especially after the recent Changeling incident.

Just then Night Watcher saw it: a shadowy figure in the distance. Few ponies were out this late, so this was cause for concern.

"You there, halt!"

Ducking low undearneth a hoof to his chin, Valoren beamed wildely as he let out a laugh of glee. One of the things that he loved about Canterlot at night, was not only the beautfiul veil of blue sky, the crisp nightly air and the moonlight. He also enjoyed the fact that this was when most of the scum that plagueed the streets came out to play. It made his job more exicting that way. For the last couple of weeks, he had failed to aquire an adventure so in order to make some bits; he went around and started to beat the snot out of any pony that was caught going around doing wrong. Like the fellow just now who thoughd it would be smart to break into a jewely store. Usually he'd punish them by beating them up, and taking the bits they had since..well they were going to jail. Not like they needed it!! Finishing up with the pony in front of him, he clapped his hooves in sasifaction as he nicked the bits off of the pony. "Well, scum like you that go around making the ponies lives here heck, wont be needing this". Patting the pony on the head, he smiled "Now, the guards are gonna be here any moment so your going to go to prison for attempthed breaking and entering; kay? Have a nice night" whistled Val as he turned and started to trot away. Going around a corner as he got a few blocks away, he froze at the sound of him being called. Turning to face the pony, he answered calmly "Yes"?

The pony in question halted when Night Watcher gave her order. Good. She didn't feel like chasing a pony all around Canterlot, especially if they were a pegasus. Also if a pony did run, she'd have no choice but to assume they're hiding something. In Canterlot, ponies saw her not as some menacing figure but as a symbol of safety and help. She and the others were there not only to protect the princesses but also the civilians. With crime low in the city, her reputation was seen in an even more positive light.

Approaching the shadowy pony, Night Watcher could see he was a stallion, a pegasus to be precise. He had a black pelt just like her, probably the reason why he appeared so dark. He appeared calm... almost too calm. Most ponies, even if they respected the lunar Guard would be a little shocked to hear one shout.

"Greetings," Night said acting cordial to the pony, "May I ask who you are and what you are doing out in the streets at such a late an hour?"

Glancing at the Lunar guard up and down, Valoren smiled lightly in response as he had alot of respect for the guard, especially the Lunar guard. Why he himself had almost ended up becoming a guard since his cutie mark when he first got it didcated that it was his destiny to go around, protect!! Meaning at some point; it would be his job to become a guard and protect ponies that were unable to defend themeslves. But that made him angry and angtsy because...because..well why should he let his cutie mark decide what he had to do in his life? Sure it gave him a general idea; but he wanted to go and do it on his own terms rather then let his cutie mark decide for him!! Smiling lightly at her, he spoke casually "Im just out and about for a late night walk. Its strange yes for me to be out so late, but what can I say? I really enjoy the night time air/life. Its a real invigorating feeling for me; specially when the moon is so full". Blinking a few times, he asked "Ohhh right, forgot to give you my name..sorry I ramble at times". Bowing his head in respect, he introduce "Valoren Seeker, adventurer/fortune seeker of Equestria"

The stallion seemed to recognize that Night Watch was a Lunar Guard, more than any citizen did. It was as if he knew somepony who was in the Lunar Guard or maybe was even trying to be one. A thought crossed her mind that maybe she could encourage him to join as all members of the REA were encouraged to recruit, usually by word of mouth. But now was noth the time for that. She had to find out more about this strange pony. He had a certain charm to him, but she had the nagging feeling that there was something more to this pony.

"While it's perfectly legal to be out at night, Valoren, I can say that it is rare. Most ponies who are out at night are up to no good, taking advantage of what Canterlot has to offer. Or, a pony could be some vigillante, trying to play hero using some code of justice."

The stallion seemed to recognize that Night Watch was a Lunar Guard, more than any citizen did. It was as if he knew somepony who was in the Lunar Guard or maybe was even trying to be one. A thought crossed her mind that maybe she could encourage him to join as all members of the REA were encouraged to recruit, usually by word of mouth. But now was noth the time for that. She had to find out more about this strange pony. He had a certain charm to him, but she had the nagging feeling that there was something more to this pony.

"While it's perfectly legal to be out at night, Valoren, I can say that it is rare. Most ponies who are out at night are up to no good, taking advantage of what Canterlot has to offer. Or, a pony could be some vigillante, trying to play hero using some code of justice."

Valoren blinked as he watched the Lunar guard examine him carefully. Getting an idea in his head from the look in her eye of what appeared to be curiosity ; he spoke "Ahhh, i know about the Lunar guards really because when I was younger, I was actually gonna be a guard and maybe become a Lunar guard once i got older. Problem was that..ah..heheh". He paused as he rubbed a hoof through the back of his head nervously; remembering how well it had gone for him when he had attempthed to join despite his negative notions on the idea. "I was terrible at following orders. I just wasnt like my father, who at the time was captain of the royal guard before retiring and having Shining Armor take up the role. Everytime an order came up, I questioned it and or went against it so...I was a really bad guard". Listening to her regale about how it was dangerous to be out here at night, he nodded in response "Oh yes, I know. I know about the possible dangers; though I keep away from the dangerous parts of town since i dont go looking for trouble" he spoke with a light grin.

(OOC: My bad with the double post. computer must have glitched.)

"You sound like how i was," Night said, "I used to be always rebelling against my parents, especially my father who was in the military. I'd often just run away at night and wander the streets of Canterlot alone. Then I realized that being in the REA wasn't too order driven. So i realized that I could still protect those that needed it without rebelling all the time."

"Oh yeah" Val asked the Lunar guard with curiosity, eyeing her up and down carefully. The way she seemed to present herself seemed to be the apitime of authority!! He was having an awful hard time picturing her as the rebellious type. Than again, apperances could be very deciveing. Like originally when he was younger; he was nowhere near as atheletic as he was today and many didnt think that he would really amount to much. But he pushed himself to his limits and beyond in order to prove to himself, and others that he could do whatever he wanted if he setted his mind to it. "I see. Well, its good to see that things worked out well for you in the end huh"?

"I guess things did work out," Night said as she pondered how lucky she was first joining the REA, then rising in rank to Sergeant, then becomming a member of the Lunar Guard. Most ponies struggled to even make it through basic training let alone advance. "And besides you taking walks out in the middle of the night, what else do you like to do?"

Val was surprised at how well their conversation was going. He had just met this pony, and was rather surprised at how easy she was to speak with. He had gone adn assumed she was abit stuffy, and compltty professional; not even mentioning her off duty life! Yet here she was!! Deciding to humor her, he spoke honestly with a witty smile "I train...all the time. I like to place myself through tough challenges that usuauly involve increasing my speed, power, agilty; everything really. I focus myself so that way Ill be able to a more effective adventurere when I go out on my jourenys". Crossing his hooves, he shivered lightly "It hasnt been easy since its usually invovled with me being hurt by my training, but hey; it all benefits me" shrugged Val grinning.

"Any traing is good for a pony," Night Watcher said matter-of-factly, "it helps them to be healthier, faster, stronger, and more alert. It seems that you however exercise often, more than most ponies. What journes exactly do you go on that requires much training?"

Valoren was abit surprised that this Lunar guard would be so intersted in hearing about journeys that require him to go through such trials and triumphs. Putting a hoof to his chin, he thought carefully on his response as he explained "Well let me think for a moment, their was this one time when I had to go and fly up to an unknown temple floating on clouds, east of Cloudsdale. I had to go through alot of traps to retrieve a lighting crystal; which enables whoever uses it tempoary powers of lighting. The effects were only temporary though for those who arent magic users; like myself. Anyway, the traps required me to do alot of swift dodging to avoid getting shot out of the sky by stray bolts. Needless to say, it kept me alert and on my hooves; eager for more. Then came the part where after I got the crystal, where everything was now out to zap me inside!! Statues, doorways, rocks!! I got burnt acouple of times, but I did manage to get out" Val spoke as he gave his example.