Friendly Hooves [Mudbug/Kalpira]

What an amazing yet exquisite environment!

Ponies were shopping and selling, working on their own jobs and showing their skills, making their cutie marks proud. Well he was proud of his own work, but truth was, he felt a little bit out of place in that ville. For Anvil, everything seemed to be way too modern, or way too complicated for his medieval head. He just mumbled to himself everytime he tried to understand something, and kept looking everywhere like a lost foal while he pulled his cart. The finished horseshoes and even repaired pans tintled, hanging upside down as the stallion kept on pulling his own little business. He had several things to deliver in Ponyville, and then he was done to be down from his job of blacksmith for a few weeks. Certainly somepony would replace him back in Canterlot, but still he wasn't too sure about leaving his beloved hometown. Ahh, how he missed the knights crossing his path, ordering huge ammounts of armours for upcoming wars.

But this time, one of them had just come. In that morning, they had left their houses on a rush, the sound of their horseshoes making the floor rumble. Anvil had awaken with a smile on his face, recognizing the sound of his work anywhere. Gossip ran wild in Canterlot, and Anvil just knew it: they had left for a battle. With the pieces he had made. That made him proud, but at the same time, worried. He had always loved to watch the knights training or even just wandering around, because deep inside, that was a dream of himself. However, he knew he had no guts to apply for such a hard job. He was just way too sensitive to see blood, but at the same time, it fascinated him. His father kept telling him fantastic tales about brave knights when he was a foal, and now he just couldn't stop dreaming about them. Either f he was awake or asleep.

The young stallion walked back and forward through Ponyville during the whole afternoon, delivering the few pieces he had left from previous orders. He had had finally a little bit of time to work on those orders, and now they were ready. He knocked on every single door, his cart beginning to become lighter and lighter. His little metallic box for the coins was now almost full, and he knew he could eat and sleep properly on his first day of vacation in Ponyville.

There was just one house left. Or to be more specific, a kettle.

From the distance, he could already hear the squeaks, laughs and screams of the young ponies playing in there, which made him chuckle to himself as well. A pair of pans to deliver was the last on his list, probably to cook meals for the little ones. He knocked on the door, and waited patiently for its owner to get it,

The Kettle was certainly bustling today and that was just a light comment on what could be said.

Every toy was out to be played with, cookies were being baked, milk was being prepared, the mare certainly had her hooves full when she probably shouldn't have been on them in the first place. But what could she say? She loved her job.

She knew she was expecting a delivery, but her mind was currently overwhelmed and distracted by other things, very little things.

Because of all the ponies that worked today, a lot of foals got dropped off and today the creche was teeming with them. Some bawling, some laughing, some neighing and some just learning to walk under her care. Her helper had taken time off for a home babysitting job.

So Cozy was watching over the little ones.

"Jester Sock, be careful with how you handle those toys-"

"Lavender Patch, share the blankie with your brother-"

"Kisseltoe, don't crawl under the table, you'll hit your head."

It was a full time job being a caretaker for the little ponies, but after all, somepony had to do it at the end of the day and she was more than happy to be that pony despite what others may have thought or worried about. Since she was ofcourse with foal and quite heavily so.

Soon however, the knock came to the door and she carefully navigated the waves of toddlers, watching her swollen belly as she came to the door and a soft wash of relief came over her. So far so good.

Opening the door she brought her brightest smile to her muzzle as she met the stallion at the door and offered a polite nod.

"Good day, sir, are you the delivery pony?" Oh that was a bit on the nose, don't you think Cozy? Very rude, but never the less she waited to see how he answered.

The young stallion had just been scratching the floor with his hooves while he waited, so it was almost like a surprise when the door swung open for him.He looked up suddely, his grey eyes meeting the mare's, that had simply fascinated him. Everypony said that pregnant mares turned even prettier when in gestation, but he didn't know that. So for a split of a second, he could say no word. The truth was, dealing with the opposite gender had always been an obstacle towards communication for the stallion. He shook his head, making his mane shake a little bit as well. He finally managed to clear up his throat and speak for himself, explaining the reason of his visit.

"Good morning, Madam.", he said, "Yes, I am. I'm here to deliver the pair of pans that were ordered from Canterlot, ideal to cook meals for kids.". He then unhooked himself from his cart and pulled the pair of pans hanging from it to hold them on his front teeth. But he soon realized that the mare wasn't alone at all, and mess was order in that nursery. He didn't want to look way too nosy, but he couldn't help but to look around, only moving his eyes.

He couldn't let such a sweet and pretty mare take care of all of those foals by herself, even if he didn't know if she already had a helper or not. So much noise wasn't quite the thing that stallion liked, but he was aware of how hard it was to raise and take care of such a large offspring from all over Ponyville. His little sister was adorable, but sometimes she could be a pain in the tail.

"Looks like you have your hooves full of work.", he mumbled as soon as he managed to find a good way to handle the mare the pair of pans, trying not to step on any of the more curious younglings hat peeked by the door, "But they seem to love you a lot!". When he added that last sentence, a wide smile started forming on his muzzle. He couldn't help but to look down at the dozens of colors that didn't stop moving, looking almost like a living rainbow.

Cozy's smile continued to sit warmly on her muzzle as the other seemed to gawk at her, she briefly wondered if he was alright before moving to take the pans that he'd come to deliver with a soft sigh of relief. Her old pots and pans had broken after a small mishap with the kids getting their hooves on them and they were still not allowed into the catterpillar corner for the fear that some small shards of metal were still imbedded into the carpet and they'd get it stuck in their little feet.

Once her pans were settled in the kitchen and the door was firmly locked behind her, herding any inquisitive little ones out with a soft nudge and a gentle noise, the pony gently ruffled her wings before settling them back down to her sides. They got so little exercise nowadays. But it was safe to make sure her baby wouldn't fall from the clouds if it did infact turn out to be a little earth foal.

Looking back to the long haired stallion whose eyes she'd briefly noticed taking a gander over the slightly chaotic surroundings of the daycare, she offered the same good natured smile.

"Thanks for bringing them, it's been a while since we've had some decent meals that haven't been baked."

Blinking at the statement, she couldn't help but be a touch embarassed, in a good way though. Looking over the foals as they wormed their way under her to get to the other side of the room or nuzzle her legs in a brief greeting, she had to agree that she had a sort of comarodery with the little tykes.

"Well my friend who helps me with our daycare is away on some home visit business, little newborns and such when it's too difficult to move them, y'know?" Smiling she rested her hooves for a moment before blinking. Ofcourse! Payment, how silly she'd been! Offering an apologetic look she turned to grab her purse off the side cabinet.

"I'm sorry, how much was the order?"

The stallion still took a little while to answer the question he was asked, mostly because he was so absorved into the sounds of the younglings and the words of the ever so caring mare. She sure seemed to love all of them very much, but she also seemed to be pretty tired. He had just noticed her enlarged tummy, a thing that made him wonder why she wasn't resting instead of taking care of so many foals. But still, he understood. He loved his work station as much as she loved taking care of foals, that was something he was pretty sure about. But just when he heard that she was all alone working in there, he couldn't help but to express what he felt about that. He was a shy young stallion, but his heart had the size of Equestria.

"You know...", he said, "You might have just known me, and I believe you don't trust me at all. But it seems quite violent for you to work this hard when you're expecting a baby yourself! You should have more help in here, at least until your helper returns."

He then looked away for a moment, remembering something. Well he was on vacation, for some weeks anyway, and he would love to meet new ponies in his travels. He would have nothing to do but to shop for a few hours on his last day there, so why not? He had nothing to lose for simply asking, wasn't that right? He cleared up his throat and spoke once again.

"Since I'm here simply on vacation and I'm done with my deliveries, I could give you a hoof or two around here and give you some rest. I love working, specially if I can help others. And you wouldn't have to pay me anything.", he then looked at her and smiled once again. He had never looked after that many foals, or any baby for that matter, but he was hopping he could get the job done for the mare. Of course the little ones trusted her the most, but he could always try.

Then he remembered her last line and shook his head for a second, looking quite embarrassed. Why of course, he had completely fallen asleep in his thoughts and offerings, and had completely forgot his purpose there.

"That will be four coins, miss.", he finally said, pulling himself together and blushing a bit.

Help? Her mind was crying out 'YES', despite her love for the foals, she only had so many hooves to take care of the little darlings and she did enjoy her work fully...it was just a little bit overwhelming with her condition and the fact there were just so many in today. Who'd have thought so many pony' had to work today? Or that they'd have little ones?

A faintly embarassed blush traced its way over her features as he mentioned her condition and tenderly touched her belly with one hoof, she could barely forget her condition. Her second little treasure on the way. Smiling she looked up to the earth pony and a small smile came to her features.

"Well...it is nearly snack time, I could use the help with my business partner working at somepony's house." She said, taking two coins out of her purse before offering them to him with one hoof. "But I wouldn't want you to be held up from anything you're busy for..."

The shy stallion looked at her hooves by a second, and didn't even think twice before answering. Well of course he didn't work that way when travelling! He was a blacksmith, and that was his job. All the other things he would do, would be for kindness and love for others. That was the way he had been taught, nothing more. "No Ma'am, I have to politely decline your offer of money. I'm here to help, and I'll do it by free will.", he said, being serious during the whole speech, but smiling in the end. And it was true he wanted to give as many helping hooves he could, due to the mare's condition. He rested his own hoof against hers, the one that was holding the coins, and pushed it slightly back, showing his intentions.

"I'm Silver Anvil by the way, but you can call me Anvil.", he then said. Now his smile didn't abandon him, trying to let the mare comfortable, even if she was in her own environment. He was ready to help, and looked around once again. "So, you want me to help around here, right? I can start right away, you just need to tell me what's the spot that needs more help and then relax. It'll be ready before you wake up!"

As the stallion, now known to her as Silver Anvil declined her payment, the mare looked a little concerned before a soft smile lilted over her face and she even began to blush just a bit. It was so nice when someone offered her some help and today she really could've used it.

Ruffling a little foal as it passed by her, she offered another soft smile to the stallion and placed her purse back on the side.

"I'm Tea Cozy, it's lovely to meet you, Anvil." She said in a soft voice before she glanced at the little foals, it was getting a little too hectic.

Raising a hoof as a gesture for the other to 'wait', the pale pegasi moved to pick up a small bell in her mouth and shook it, the soft ringing soon caught the tiny bundle's attentions and they blinked at their swollen den mother and her guest expectantly.

Settling the bell down she smiled to them all.

"Children, this is Mr Anvil, he's going to help me take care of you all, so let's all get ready for snack time and show him what sweet little angels you all are."

The toddlers giggled and soon got ready around a small circular table, putting on a tiny set of bibs as they waited patiently for their snacks. Tea Cozy smiled and gestured for the stallion to follow her into the kitchen.

"We need to get their little milk carts and cookies ready, could you help me?"

Truth was that the young stallion wasn't that used to live amongside young children, so he couldn't help but to let out a soft chuckle when he caught sight of all of them behaving. They were playing and trying to drive Tea Cozy nuts just a minute ago, and now they looked just like little angels indeed. And yet, their faces showed how much they were controlling themselves, because they wanted their snacks ready so much.

"I will help you, of course!", he said, following the mare to the kitchen and getting ready for any kind of help he could give. He found the milk carts all together over the balcony just with a glance, as if they were ready to be taken. Tea Cozy seemed to be a very organized mare, even for being pregnant and carrying that weight all day. He admired her courage, because he simply dreamt about what he could do for his life, but never really did anything besides working on his horseshoes and shields and ever so on. He liked to keep himself discret, but in his head, it wasn't quie like that that things worked.

"They must love you a lot to obey that way!", he said, moving to the balcony and looking for a tray with his eyes, "I guess I've never tried to have any sort of talent towards kids. And in Canterlot you only see them in the morning and then at sunset anyway.", he said, chuckling just like he had done before. Even if he didn't have kids of his own, he knew that was true. Kids in Canterlot just loved to gallop around, chasing each other and playing untl their energies were out.