Swing Beat (FINAL)

osprey77

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Swing Beat (or ‘Beats’ to close friends and family)

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Coat Color: Warm Tan

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: a flowing, somewhat curled mane/tail mostly hued royal blue, but with gold and silver in it as well.

Physique: Average height and slight build. She’s not weak, just lithe, as dance is one of her favorite activities.

Cutie Mark: a harmonica and drum, indicating a love of swing dance/music

Origin/Residence: Born and raised in Baltimare, but travels with her family every summer.

Occupation: She’s a student for now, but hopes to become a dance teacher (swing dance)

Motivation: Swing Beat is an easy-going, generally happy pony, but she really comes alive on the dance floor, especially when learning new moves. She wants to learn all she can about swing dance so she can become a dance instructor herself. She is a more optimistic pony than her twin, Fictoria.

Likes: Swing dance, and not just the dancing itself, but the history, music, and sub-culture that goes with it. She likes to cheer other ponies up, and going to see shows. She ADORES sautéed or stuffed mushrooms, and has a deep love of just about anything that uses blackberries in the recipe.

Dislikes: Ponies who write swing dance off as silly, uncultured, or even out of date; the fact that there are never enough guys at any swing dance class/event; ponies who constantly mope; Artichokes and mangos.

Character Summary:

Personality: As I mentioned before, she’s really upbeat, generally cheerful pony, much like a less-hyper Pinky Pie, with a tendency to ramble on about a subject she’s passionate about: usually swing dance. She’s a quick learner that really pays attention, and she’s quite the kind-hearted mare. Almost impossible to upset, Beats doesn’t have many enemies.

Family: Her parents are two kind-hearted unicorns who run a café in Baltimare. As for siblings, she has a twin sister, Fictoria, and a little brother, Thunder Flash, who has yet to earn his cutie mark.

Backstory: Swing Beats and her siblings were educated at home (Yes, homeschooled ponies).Growing up, she was the ‘peacemaker’ of the family, and she experimented with various types of dance. Beats first experience swing dance rather late in life, around the equivalent of middle school, so was a blank-flank for a while. She never let it get to her and she’s made up for lost time in enthusiasm.

Swing Beat always knew she liked dance, so she convinced her mother to sign her up for swing dance lessons at a nearby club (Think classy, old-fashioned club) called Coltlyle Club. She had an AMAZING time, she loved the music, the teachers had a sense of humor, and she took naturally to the rhythm patterns and dance steps. She stayed though the intermediate lesson for the free dance time, where one of the teachers taught willing colts and fillies ‘trick’ moves beyond basic footwork: dips, jumps, and the like. After that first night, she knew this was what she was meant to do, and was hardly surprised when the teacher gently pointed out her new cutie mark.

Beats has been coming back for more lessons ever since and constantly raves about the club/lessons/music/type of dance/sub-culture/history/etc. to her long-suffering sister, Fictoria. Finally, she convinced Fictoria to take lessons as well, though her twin just gave in to stop the good-natured badgering.

Current Goal: To get through school and become a swing dance teacher

Major Flaw: she doesn’t notice when her audience is no longer interested in what she has to say.

post-3634-0-06634400-1343909792_thumb.pn

Edited by osprey77

There is a LOT to love about this app!

You've filled in all of the necessary fields and I LOVE the NAME! Well done here!

Your app is very brief in some places, which may not be necessarily a bad thing, but usually upper level evaluators want to see apps a little more 'wordy', if that makes sense. I would advise you to expand on the Character Summary, in particular the cutie mark story. What you have is good and for me, looks fine, but I would suggest providing a bit more details to help make this app even better!

:D :D :D

Hm, let's see...

As a point of style, the parenthetical remarks are a little off-putting (Pot, meet kettle). Just saying someone might remark on it.

What exactly a "Debbie-Downer" is wasn't immediately apparent to me; I first thought it was a sock with bad elastic, which would be annoying for a dancer. I guess that's slang for a female pessimist, but still.

I can see where you drew from life in this, though no one else probably would. It gives a bit of realism to the character, I guess.

Not bad, sis.

I can see you edited this app and added more details.

Good work! I will recommend this app to Senior RP staff to further it along in the application process!

LOVE that name! Swing Beat!

:D :D :D