Second Chance Romance (Hinata2000100)

Lux

Another day had ended in school. All the fillies and colts merrily galloped out of the school house, free to go about their day playing and be with their friends. All seemed quite happy with themselves... well all except for one.

Guiding Light shuffled out of the schoolhouse, his head hung low. He thought he had found a special somepony, one that liked him as much as he liked her. But suddenly his reality was turned upside down when he found out that she didn't like him as a special somepony. Sure, they were still friends, but it wasn't the same.

As he sat on a bench outside the school, Light began to wonder if he was the reason for the breakup. He was quite shy and as much as he tried, he felt that others saw him less like a stallion and more like a colt. As so he sat, wondering if there was anypony who was out there in Ponyville, maybe even Equestria, for him.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Twilight walked out of the schoolhouse, starting to feel nervous about all the fillies and colts rushing out at high speeds, she saw one of the colts just sitting on a bench, looking sad. She recognized him as Guiding Light, the colt who spoke to her first, so she went over to him.

"Um... A-Are you OK?" Twilight asked nervously, not wanting to say anything bad to him.

Light was so lost in his sorrow, he didn't see the filly from his school approaching him. It was only when she asked if she was ok that he did. Quickly he jumped up in fright as the voice was heard, however soft it was. He looked arounf and saw the dark blue filly staring at him.

"Oh.. um... hello there, Twilight. I'm ok. Just... thinking about something."

In reality he was unsure if he wanted this pony to know that he was thinking about a special somepony or lack there of.

Light was so lost in his sorrow, he didn't see the filly from his school approaching him. It was only when she asked if she was ok that he did. Quickly he jumped up in fright as the voice was heard, however soft it was. He looked arounf and saw the dark blue filly staring at him.

"Oh.. um... hello there, Twilight. I'm ok. Just... thinking about something."

In reality he was unsure if he wanted this pony to know that he was thinking about a special somepony or lack there of.

"Really? What are you thinking about?" She asked, sitting near Light. "Come on, there's nopony else here, so you can tell me... I-If you want..." She said nervously.

There was no use trying to dodge the situation as Twilight sat next to Guiding Light and looked on with interest. He didn't want to be rude and tell her to go away. There was a sense of concern in her eyes and her tone.

"Ok. I'll tell you what's wrong. Bau before I do can you promise me not to tell the other ponies at school or anywhere else? Can you also not laugh when I tell you this?"

There was no use trying to dodge the situation as Twilight sat next to Guiding Light and looked on with interest. He didn't want to be rude and tell her to go away. There was a sense of concern in her eyes and her tone.

"Ok. I'll tell you what's wrong. But before I do can you promise me not to tell the other ponies at school or anywhere else? Can you also not laugh when I tell you this?"

"I won't tell a soul. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Twilight said, doing the hoof motions that go along with that promise. A few ideas on what he was going to say ran through Twilight's head, but she decided not to say anything and instead wait for him to tell her.

Twilight gave her funny oath to keep Light's promise. He always wondered where that came from or who made it. He assumed a certain pink pony was responsible somehow though at it was something he pictured her saying that.

With a sigh he suddenly started.

"Ok. There's a pony in our class. I liked her, not just as a friend but something more. I thought that she liked me too the same way. But then she told me that I was just her friend, and when I tried talking to her, she thought that I was joking that I liked her as a filly friend. Now I'm wondering if it was just silly that I shoul have ever tried liking her in the first place."

Light felt like he was going to cry, but he tried to keep his composure so as not to seem like a weeping foal to Twilight.

Twilight gave her funny oath to keep Light's promise. He always wondered where that came from or who made it. He assumed a certain pink pony was responsible somehow though at it was something he pictured her saying that.

With a sigh he suddenly started.

"Ok. There's a pony in our class. I liked her, not just as a friend but something more. I thought that she liked me too the same way. But then she told me that I was just her friend, and when I tried talking to her, she thought that I was joking that I liked her as a filly friend. Now I'm wondering if it was just silly that I shoul have ever tried liking her in the first place."

Light felt like he was going to cry, but he tried to keep his composure so as not to seem like a weeping foal to Twilight.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Twilight said sadly. "I-Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked curiously, her eyes big and pleading.

"Thanks," Light said in regards to her concern. There was a great sense of kindness in this pony he was talking to. She listened and asked if she could help. Most ponies he knew were of course concerned about their well being and not much with others except for a hoof full of friends. Not to say they were rude or selfish, just cautious with who to help.

"Um... I'm not sure if you can really help me with anything, unless you know of a pony who'd like me."

"Thanks," Light said in regards to her concern. There was a great sense of kindness in this pony he was talking to. She listened and asked if she could help. Most ponies he knew were of course concerned about their well being and not much with others except for a hoof full of friends. Not to say they were rude or selfish, just cautious with who to help.

"Um... I'm not sure if you can really help me with anything, unless you know of a pony who'd like me."

Twilight nearly froze when Light asked if she knew anypony who liked him. "Um..... W-Well.... Y-You see.... I-I....." She stuttered, not sure how to get her message out.

Light looked at Twilight as she stuttered her words. He knew that she wanted something but couldn't quite formulate to say it. He knew that feeling when he wanted to say something but it felt like his tongue was tied in knots. Being shy didn't help things either and looking Twilight she was just s shy as he was.

"I know you want to say something to me. But you're shy like me, believe me I know that feeling. what ever you're going to say, I promise I won't tell anypony else."

Light looked at Twilight as she stuttered her words. He knew that she wanted something but couldn't quite formulate to say it. He knew that feeling when he wanted to say something but it felt like his tongue was tied in knots. Being shy didn't help things either and looking Twilight she was just s shy as he was.

"I know you want to say something to me. But you're shy like me, believe me I know that feeling. what ever you're going to say, I promise I won't tell anypony else."

"U-Um... I-I know somepony who likes you...." Twilight said nervously. "T-That pony..." Twilight stuttered. "I-Is me..." Twilight almost silently added.

Light was elated to hear that Twilight knew of a special somepony for him. He didn't want to dwell on the past failure for too long, and finding a fillyfriend was just the way. Strangely when the filly was about to say who the mystery pony was, her words seemed to fade off into oblivion. He knew she said something but couldn't for the life of him find out what.

"Um... I'm sorry, but could you tell me who that pony is you know just a little bit louder? I didn't really hear what you said."

Light was elated to hear that Twilight knew of a special somepony for him. He didn't want to dwell on the past failure for too long, and finding a fillyfriend was just the way. Strangely when the filly was about to say who the mystery pony was, her words seemed to fade off into oblivion. He knew she said something but couldn't for the life of him find out what.

"Um... I'm sorry, but could you tell me who that pony is you know just a little bit louder? I didn't really hear what you said."

"I-It's me...." Twilight said just a little bit louder, hoping Light could hear her this time. "T-The pony is me...." Twilight said again to make sure.

Light strained to listen to her speak. She was a little louder, but he still could only make out a little of what she was saying.

"Erm... could you be a little bit louder? I'm not sure I heard you right, but it almost sounded like..."

Light stopped. He couldn't believe it. In his mind he could have sworn that Twilight said that she wanted to be his special somepony. While part of him was excited, it was quelled by that little doubting side in him that questioned whether she actually said that or not. This was especially true considering he assumed another pony liked him and it failed, and the last thing Light wanted to do was have a repeat of that.

"D... did you just say you wanted to be my special somepony?"

At last all doubt had left him in what Twilight said. She had undeniable declared her interest in Light.

"Oh wow. Twilight, I didn't know you liked me that way. I'd be happy to be you're... you know.... special somepony as well. But... can I ask why you like me?"

"Well you are nice too, especially for talking to me. And come to think of it, we do have things in common. But it sounded like you wanted say something else."

"Well you are nice too, especially for talking to me. And come to think of it, we do have things in common. But it sounded like you wanted say something else."

"N-No! N-Nothing else!" Twilight said hastily and nervously. "S-So.... A-Are we.... S-special someponies now?" She asked nervously.

Not wanting to belabor the point further about what Twilight was thinkin about him, Light decided to drop the issue. The filly asked if the two were now a couple. The colt was amazed that after so much time searching and hoping he now had a special somepony so easily. Maybe he wasn't that bad with romance after all.

"Yes, I want to be your special somepony," Light said without hesitation and with a smile on his face.

Not wanting to belabor the point further about what Twilight was thinkin about him, Light decided to drop the issue. The filly asked if the two were now a couple. The colt was amazed that after so much time searching and hoping he now had a special somepony so easily. Maybe he wasn't that bad with romance after all.

"Yes, I want to be your special somepony," Light said without hesitation and with a smile on his face.

"Y-You do?!" Twilight said in shock. She stood there frozen for a moment, and then started bouncing in circles around Light. "Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!" Twilight repeated endlessly, until she got tired.

(I've been wanting to do that. :P)

(LOL!)

Suddenly the normally shy pony started bouncing around Light while shouting. He was happy that she was much as excited about this as he was.

"Ok... so since we're special someponies now, we should get to know each other. So, what do you like to do?"

(LOL!)

Suddenly the normally shy pony started bouncing around Light while shouting. He was happy that she was much as excited about this as he was.

"Ok... so since we're special someponies now, we should get to know each other. So, what do you like to do?"

"Oh, um... Well, I like drawing... and exploring, like my dad, and... um.... reading...." She said, listing off things. "Hmm.... I dunno what else. What do YOU like to do?" Twilight asked, playfully poking Light in the chest.

Light smiled when Twilight poked him in the chest. It was a playful sign that she was breaking out of her shyness, opening up to him. He wondered if haveing a special somepony would nhelp him another way to overcome his shyness. If he could be open to his fillyfriend, then it might be easier with another pony.

"Well, I like to read too. I explore also, mainly around town and in the woods. I like to write, although I'm still working on that. Oh, and of course I like magic! Do you know any spells, Twilight?"