Second Chance Romance (Hinata2000100)

Lux

Light was surprised that there weren't many books on magic in the S area. Granted that he didn't expect that entiresection to be just on magic, but at least a segment of it would be there. Finding books for Twilight was turning out to be harder that he thought. He had a small collection of seven books after searching from A to I in the library. Thankfully though the search at least produced some results.

[colour=#DAA520]"Alright Twilight, we're almost there. Then you can see what I found to see if you want anything."[/colour]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guiding Light thought from what Twilight said that she was only to section S. He was so busy looking through the rows of books that he did not hear his special somepony behind him. When she suddenly spoke, Light jumped and lost his step on the ladder. Feeling that he was falling, he tried grasping at something. Unfortunately he could only grab some ooks which quickly went off the shelf, causing the colt and several books to crash to the floor.

For a moment Light lay there, buried under a few books that fell on top of him. Then hearing somepony calling out his name, his eyes fluttered open. At first he saw nothing but he noticed that something was on top of him. Using his telekinesis he began to move the books off of him until he was able to stand up. There he saw Twilight looking up at him with a concerned expression.

[colour=#DAA520]"Ugh! I'm ok. Just.. give me a moment for the world to stop spinning."[/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"Oh, that's ok," [/colour]Light said as he rolled over back onto his hooves. He was sore, but not very hurt.

[colour=#DAA520]"So you said that you're done. Did you find any books?"[/colour]

Light was happy that Twilight found two books. It meant that going to the library was not a lost cause.

[colour=#DAA520]"I found a couple: Advanced Spellcasting, Discovering Your Magical Type, Encyclopedia of Spell Types, and Instant Magic. So, do you want to read them now or take them with you?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#DAA520]"Ok then. How about Discovering your Magical Type? That way you can see which one you'd like to focus on once you've read everything. Who knows, maybe it'll help you get your cutie mark too." [/colour]

[colour=#DAA520]"Ok then," [/colour]Light said as Twilight began reading the book he picked out for her, [colour=#DAA520]"I'll let you read that book. I'm going to see if I can find something for myself. If you need anything or have a question, I'll be right over here."[/colour]

With that Light trotted back to the shelves, thinking about what to get. His mind was split between finding a good fantasy book and a book on light magic. Well, Light did find a book of Advanced spells for Twilight, so he could always read that befefore giving it to her. Scanning the shelves, he squealed with delight as he saw the newest edition of the Battle Mages series there. Grabbing it with his telekinesis, Light then set to reading the spell book first, trying to see if there was anything related to light magic.

• 2 weeks later...

The short reply Twilight gave to Light indicated that she was deeply into studying it. The colt knew that feeling: becomming so interested in the information that nohing else mattered. There were times that his family had to literally pry a book from his hooves to get him to do something. Having light magic, Guiding Light would also frequently be in bed with his horn glowing a dim but still effective light to be able to still read without waking his parents.

Now that Twilight was satisfied with her book, Light tried to find something about light magic. So far, the book mentioned about Princess cElestia's power to raise and lower the sun. Well, the sun was light, but not the magic he was interested in nor did he have a sliver of power that the Princess possessed. And so he read further, looking over at Twilight to make sure she was ok.

• 4 weeks later...

Guiding Light realized that although Twilight was studying, there had to be a better way for her to find her talent. He thought about his other classmates, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and what they would do. Well, he wasn't part of their group since he had his mark already, but what he always saw then do was go about the town doing different things to find a mark. Perhaps that was what Twilight needed.

The colt noticed that there was a book that read Finding your Magical Talent sitting on top of a pile of books that he and Twilight had selected. Maybe he could try that first.

[colour=#DAA520]"Hey Twilight. Maybe we can use this book to find your talent. It looks like a quiz that you can take to find what type of magic you might be good at. want to try it?"[/colour]