World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)

Didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I would see how many bronies are also fans of WWE, why not? ^^

I must admit that despite being a fan since 2001 (my favourite was and still is The People's Champ The Rock) I only activley watched up until 2003, passively through 2004 and 2005, and then I took a 6 year hiatus from the product until February 2011, my interest dwindled due to The Rock leaving and the WWE pushing Cena as the new face of the company, he was decent as a mid carder with his "Word Life" gimmick but he was not and still isn't main event material, especially not with his "Kiddies' Champ" gimmick he's had since 2008 or so.

The main reason I started watching again was...well...The Rock's return XD I was a little annoyed as if I'd known he was going to be at Wrestlemania 27 I would have aquired a ticket, but it wasn't announced until all the tickets were already sold, but I'm not so annoyed anymore since he's going to be at Wrestlemania 28 taking on Fruity Pebbles...sorry, I mean John Cena, so I'll get to fulfill my dream of seeing him live then (saving up throughout this year to go) as I've not had the chance to do so up until now.

For some reason though, despite him only being around on a part time basis his return helped rekindle my interest in the company and I've started watching it reguarly again, at least WWE Raw. I've become a huge fan of The Miz and there are numerous other guys I like such as CM Punk, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, it goes on, but as far as the new era goes The Miz is DEFINATLEY my favourite wrestler and a large amount of the reason I watch even when Rock isn't around, he is such an awesome heel! ^^

I'm not happy with the fact that John Cena is the WWE Champ AGAIN though :) How many times has he had that belt in the last 6 years, and how many Wrestlemanias has he headlined to boot? (not watched but heard about it from friends that did) He didn't even lose a main event until this year's Wrestlemania and even that wasn't a clean booked victory for crying out loud! It's that superhero invincibility about him that bores me to tears and drives me insane.

Enough of my rambling though, any fellow brony WWE fans here? ^^

I also used to be, mainly back in the late 90s. I was a proud owner of every Smackdown game up to a point. I nearly crapped my pants at the return of DX and the real Undertaker. Those are the few highlights I can think of lately. So much of the writing nowadays is just... lousy. I try and try but now that Shawn Micheals is retired, I don't have much of a reason to watch anymore. I'd love to have other reasons though.

jPSra3AccE0

I am not a fan of pro-wretling. Being friends with the daughter and adopted son of a pro-wrestler through middle/high school didn't help that much.

But I have a HUGE OLD SOFT SPOT for Andre the Giant. Even before I saw Princess Bride.

I really shoulda posted in this thread when it was first created, lol.

I don't really watch it much anymore, tbh. Only people in the WWE I like these days are Kofi Kingston and Daniel Bryan. I can't watch Kofi because he's on RAW (and so is that blabbering idiot, Michael Cole), so yeah. And Bryan's on SmackDown, which I'm not watching after what they did to Christian.

Yeah yeah, buildup to storylines in the future, but as I've gotten older, it's gotten harder to suspend my disbelief.

I was more into it when I was younger. I watched WCW nearly each week from 1996 until it died/was killed off by one Jamie Kellner. I loved Chris Jericho back then. He was an excellent heel. I also loved guys like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, etc.

Basically, Eddie's death made me lose interest for a while, and Benoit's just totally killed any interest I had left for a long time.

I do have to agree with you regarding what they did to Christian after making him wait 13 years for a world title belt :/ Though, isn't Cole on both RAW and Smackdown? I seriously hate Michael Cole though, and not just because he's a heel commentator. He's a terrible announcer who botches so often considering how long he's been at it for and his voice grates on the ear.

According to him Triple H has a husband, Edge fought himself in a match, BlackBerries are identical to iPhones, Batista became The Women's Champion...it goes on.

I really shoulda posted in this thread when it was first created, lol.

I don't really watch it much anymore, tbh. Only people in the WWE I like these days are Kofi Kingston and Daniel Bryan. I can't watch Kofi because he's on RAW (and so is that blabbering idiot, Michael Cole), so yeah. And Bryan's on SmackDown, which I'm not watching after what they did to Christian.

Yeah yeah, buildup to storylines in the future, but as I've gotten older, it's gotten harder to suspend my disbelief.

I was more into it when I was younger. I watched WCW nearly each week from 1996 until it died/was killed off by one Jamie Kellner. I loved Chris Jericho back then. He was an excellent heel. I also loved guys like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, etc.

Basically, Eddie's death made me lose interest for a while, and Benoit's just totally killed any interest I had left for a long time.

You and me both. Though I will take to my grave that the Undertaker DOES have mystical powers and he needs the WWE Championship belt for the gold it was smelted with for its latent arcane potential, thus aiding his ongoing ritual to bring about a thousand years of darkness and untold cosmic horrors.

Plus, the zombies of Mr. Perfect and Crash Holly are working the lighting booth.

I wasn't actually watching when Eddie and Chris died (didn't watch WWE at all from Summerslam 2005 until the RAW after Rock returned earlier this year) but their deaths still came as a shock to me regardless, especially Chris Beniots' considering the fact it was a double murder suicide :(

I genuinely believe that incident was at least part of the reason WWE is now PG :(

• 2 weeks later...