It's Time to Come Home...(OPEN!)

DarkStar

(Second attempt at starting... hopefully it goes well. ^^)

It's another wonderful, sun shiny day in the wonderful town of Ponyville. The town's ponies are lively and friendly, and without a care in the world. It's also as productive as any other day... ponies coming in and going out of various shops, some sharing quality time with their loved ones, the young colts and fillies learning and doing their best in school. Their joyful sounds of laughter somewhat echo through the air. One may think that nothing, or nopony would be able to ruin this day...

Until a twinkle in the sky can be seen...

Falling at beyond terminal velocity towards Earth, a strange sort of pony seems to be descending at a high rate towards the ground. In other words... falling. Falling head first as he faces the ground... yet not a single utter or scream comes from it, as if it's not afraid. Either it's not afraid of heights, dying, or maybe it has a way to make it to the ground safely... of course, the only ponies that might notice are those that tend to look up at the sky a lot... and Dark Star, the pony in question, figures that hardly anypony would be looking up right now, since there's no reason to... plus, a teeny-tiny black dot in the sky might be a little hard to see... as the stallion wears a jet-black tight-fitting suit. It's almost as if the material of the article of clothing is a second skin for him. His helmet piercing right through the air below him as he descends. The said helmet seeming to come to a literal point on both the front and back... the part of the head piece in front of his face being longer than the back 'half'. The unknown town below him becoming more and more visible with almost every second of his fall... his front hooves retracted and his hind legs straightened out, as he gracefully continues to dive into the ground. Once he reaches a close enough distance from ground level, he discontinues his dive and spreads his limbs, facing his whole body toward the ground, the air resistance slowing down his fall a little bit... then, with just a single thought process... four large, black, ribbon like objects shoot out of his back, forming large loops that seem to just suddenly emerge. From below, it could look like he suddenly grew tentacles out of his back... but that's hardly these things' purpose. As they seem to act as his parachute, and they do their job quite nicely... as he seems to be lowering into a farm area. Until a bird suddenly flies by and distracts Star's concentration... the parachute suddenly retracting, and he falls straight down... smashing through the roof of a red barn and landing in a hay bail that was just large enough to break his fall... he groans, as the sudden impact did hurt regardless...

(Just imagine the guy in the attached photos in pony form... ALL OC'S WELCOME! :D)

post-3711-0-30322700-1344720092.jpg

post-3711-0-37471200-1344720097_thumb.jp

(I'm assuming that DarkStar is the character falling from the sky... so i'm going to take it from there.)

Grape Vine wakes up from her afternoon nap to a loud crack followed by a soft thud.

"Wha?...Wha was that?"

She gets out of bed and drags her hooves over to the window and rubs her eyes, trying to get a better view of the outside. She notices a strange figure slowly making it's way out of her barn... It's a pony! Is it? It looks like one, but... the head is a strange shape, like it is wearing some sort of helmet...

She looked around at the barn and saw a hole in the roof. She yelled under her breath, "Oh, no that thing did NOT just wreck my roof!" She turned her head back to the unknown pony figure. "OW!" She grunted. The helmet reflected the sun straight into her eyes and blinded her for a fraction of a second.

As she looked back up, she saw that it's helmet was pointing to her, as if it was looking directly at her. They held looks for a number of seconds before the figure darted into the vineyard in the direction of the Everfree Forest. Grape jumped out of her window onto her porch roof, slid onto the ground, and began to make chase.

Being the only pony to win a gold in all the race competitions her town had to offer, she was able to catch up quite easily. She came up behind it and thrusted her hind legs to push her into a tackle. They wrestled around for a few minutes and once she had it pinned to the ground, she said in a very gruff and irritated voice, "Now, what are you doing sneaking around and destroying my barn roof!"

Edited by BronyBorn

(A little thing I don't like... I beg you not to do it again. Do not control my character in any way. I'm sorry, but I just don't like that. Another thing, their eyes can't technically 'meet'. If you look at the pictures, there's no way you can see the character's eyes, but he can still see you. When his helmet is in this mode, when it's whole, that is... it's both an oxygen helmet, and a sniper rifle. The front tip of his helmet is the barrel of a rifle, and inside the helmet is a little something as to how he can see... it's basically the sniper's scope, and that's his only hope of sight right now. Luckily, the sniper's 'scope' behaves also as any regular pony's vision. With an added feature of a heads-up-display that mainly adds the bonus of a targeting reticule that marks where his bullets will land if he were to fire off a round at this very moment. He can also zoom in a good amount with the helmet's scope feature. If he were to look at your character, he'd be pointing his weapon at them too, because he has to in order to look at them... you'll see more about how his suit works in the future.)

The pony sighs while laying down on his back in the middle of a hay bail... feeling a pop in his back as he flexes it just to be sure, and certain as of now that nothing is broken. He moves around his limbs with no problem, but still feels sharp pains from bruises he seems to have sustained... one can't see them, but he can sure feel them. His suit is almost ballistically invincible, but that does not mean that the pony doesn't feel the pain when he has to withstand an explosion or a sharp blow to his head or chest. In fact, there has been more than one occasion where he seems to have been cut under his suit, meaning that a certain ballistic occurrence has caused him to be wounded, but the suit was just fine, and he can still be bruised and beaten. It is a tight fitting suit, after all... he cringes as he tries to get up. Then cursing himself...

Dangit, Star! You've been through worse! Get up!

He commands himself, as that alone seems to be the only motivation he needs to stand up on all fours again. Disallowing the pain to get to him as he strives to keep himself standing... just who knows where he might be, or how dangerous its inhabitants are, if any? With his sniper's scope still functioning properly... he takes a quick glance at his environment and finds that he seems to be within the confines of a barn. Obviously within a sort of farm... though that crash is bound to attract attention. He'd best act fast... but he'd rather not shoot anypony. That sort of thing just generates more bitterness and hatred... two of some of the last things he needs from a strange land. He slowly pushes the barn door open to view the outside... for a second, it seemed clear, as he stepped outside. Wait a moment... he stops dead in his tracks as he spots slight movement in the distance. He looks in the other pony's direction and zooms in to about a quarter magnification. Dangit! He's been spotted! The other is looking right back at him... almost as if knowing where his eyes would be. He couldn't help but stare for a long moment... until he zooms out and spots a forest in the distance. Perfect...

In the next moment, he begins darting into the forest as fast as he could! Maneuvering around and sometimes over various obstacles as soon as he reaches the forest. Hopping over thick bushes, spring boarding from thick roots, and reaching heights at some points where he had to roll out of his landings to keep a balanced state while in movement, not bothering to look back... maybe he should have, and he would have seen that his constant running was useless, but it's too late... as he's already tackled to the ground. He bothered not to make any positive ID's as he tried his best to try and wrestle off his pursuer. With his aggressive movements, she might be able to tell that he has a sort of angry disposition at the moment, until he's pinned to the ground by the clearly strong... mare, it seems, by the sound of her voice. For a long second... he only glares at her, like he's looking at his sworn enemy or something... if only she could actually see his face right now, probably unsuspecting that he's got the barrel of his rifle pointing right in between her eyes. His head piece already having a round chambered and ready to fire... but with her sudden questioning of him, obviously she has some belonging of the barn he came out of... maybe he'll just make himself useful for once. He takes a deep breath, and tries explaining himself.

"Well... I can assure you, I never meant to do that. It was an accident that, well..." he pauses... not wanting to let on where he came from. "...I can't really explain... but I'll tell you what, since you've been successful in apprehending me, I might as well reward you with manual labor. I'll repair the roof for you, so you don't have to."

dopple-ganger flies around slowly weak from not feeding in a while. Ever since he was seperated from his queen and hive after the wedding he was forced to survive on his own. He heard the commotion and wondered what had happened and if there wasn't something he could feed on. He sniffed the air.

"No love......but fear....confusion....interesting" He flies down and spots the two

(I do apologize for that. Will not happen again. Also my other post has been edited for consistencies of the helmet physics. BTW that is a very cool helmet!)

Grape was taken aback by this pony-figure's demeanor. She became immediately intrigued by how it carried itself. She backed off of the creature to allow it to get up.

"So, you're willing to fix my barn roof? Well, that would be a might helpful!"

As she starts back towards her barn she asks, "So what do you call yourself?"

(How's that?)

This is Grape Vine.

http://imgur.com/oaNqR

(Apology accepted! I do thank you for understanding, and I'm glad you like his little accessory... it was a little difficult to integrate. :) Btw, this reply was made using a nook color, so I couldn't do Dark Star's usual bold black dialogue.)

He nodded in reply to her first question, and in doing so, also rolling to the opposite direction from her in a simple one-eighty degree turn to come to where his belly would be facing the ground. Unbending his legs and coming to a full stand.

"Of course. I mean... it would only be fair, right? If I broke it, I can fix it too."

If he is going to be in the work force to make the bits he needs for survival items, then he may as well see this job for now as a warm up for the endeavors that are likely to come... after fixing this, then he should be on his way. "And... I'm known, as Dark Star."

"Well, Dark Star, it's nice meeting ya! My name's Grape Vine. I'm gonna go ahead and see what we are gonna need for this job." Grape runs ahead of Dark Star to the barn.

She goes inside the barn and looks around at the damage done, then pops back out of the door and shouts out to Star, "You can go ahead and start by gathering the medium and large wood pieces and set them outside of the barn near the door... I'll go get some supplies and tools to fix the hole." Grape trots over to her house and goes inside.

"Likewise..."

Star says, looking around the strange forest for a moment, and intrigued by how different it seems from the rest of the environment... but before he could get too off task, he snaps to it and makes sure to keep an even pace behind Grape Vine... keeping personal space in mind as he places himself a distance, but not too far behind. He almost cringes at the sight of the wrecked roof... he never meant to break it. If only he had completed his little drop without any interruptions...

He waits patiently as whom could be counted as his new manager, for the time being, assesses the situation inside the barn when it comes to damages. During that moment that seemed to last for quite a while... he allowed his mind to drift for a moment as he eyes the scenery before him... it's been quite a while since he's seen the surface of this whole planet. It almost feels new to him now that he takes a second, more in depth look at the environment around him... just this once, he wanted at least a second to view the area with his own eyes, no matter how similar to real vision his 'scope' can give... as he places his hooves while sitting down, gripping both the left and right sides of the front half of the head piece... as the helmet suddenly splits into two pieces, the half in front of his face now detached completely. His back to the barn door in case she decided to have a look at him for whatever reason... his blue eyes now catching every inch of the sky, the ground, the house in the distance, and a sudden rush of air flows about his face... every time he comes back, he's always amazed by the natural beauty of this whole world if one were to simply ignore all of the bad half of it all... he attaches the front half of his helmet right before she came back out. Listening now to every word of her first orders. He nods as he faces her direction.

"Understood. I'll get right to it." he replies, stepping into the barn and having at the current gathering work. Imagining a scale before him as he determines what fallen pieces of wood would be perfect for the repair job, and not hesitating to check every corner, especially around the area where he had landed... and he remembers that hay bale as well as the back of his hoof, and the scattered wood pieces around that area were definitely hard to miss, as he continues to gather and place on the barn's outside.

Grape heads down her entryway hall and takes a left into a doorway leading to her basement. She carefully steps down the darkening stairway, until she finds the window and opens the shutters. She winces at the sudden inflow of light to her eyes but they adjust quickly. Grape Vine turns around and looks at her cluttered basement.

"Wow, I haven't been down here in a while..."

She squirms her way through the piles of old objects and makes her way through to the tool chest. She pops open the top of the chest and grabs a saw and some sand paper, as well as some screws and a couple screwdrivers, and puts them in her saddlebag. Grape hoists the bag onto her back and grabs the saw by the handle with her teeth, then heads back out to the barn. When she gets outside, she sees something unexpected...

• 3 weeks later...