Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: White

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Light blue

Eye Color: Red

Cutie Mark: A broken heart surrounded by fire

Physique: Skinny, almost starved

Residence: Trottingham

Motivation: To help the homeless children of the North

Dislikes: Ponies, hunger, indoors, confinement, politeness, authority, needing help, warmth, broken promises, pretty much everything else

Character Summary: Winter Fire was born far to the North at the height of winter. In the North, anypony born on that day was considered to be cursed with bad luck, and it soon seemed to come true. Her mother only survived long enough to give her her name. Her father died soon after in a great blizzard. Because of when she died, everypony blamed her when things went wrong, and nopony would accept her. As such, she grew up on the streets, homeless in the cold. However, she eventually made friends with a young colt called Snake Dancer. After a while, though, even he betrayed her. He left her to die in a blizzard in order to take her food. In the blizzard she felt at ease and safe, but she was forced to return to town because of hunger. After that, the streets ponies blamed her for everything they did, and happened to them. One of them stole food? Winter Fire did it. One of the ponies is killed? Winter Fire did it. To add insult to injury, they took any food she had that they could get. Despite all this, she still helped them when they needed her help, but every problem she fixed was inevitably blamed on her. Eventually, she decided to go south in hopes of ending poverty, homelessness, and hunger in the north. When she flew south, she gained her cutie mark, to represent the suffering and betrayal she felt, and her utter determination to help everypony, no matter what they felt of, or did to her. In the south, she came to Trottingham. The posh ponies of Trottingham wished to have nothing to do with her, and slammed their doors in her face. They gave her no food, no shelter, not even any kind words. All they asked was for her to return home. Despite their refusal to help her, she began to squat in an abandoned and dilapidated mansion, looking for ways to make money, and stealing enough food to feed herself.

Winter Fire is quiet and reserved. She doesn't speak much, and when she does, she speaks with as little words as possible. She enjoys danger, and revels in her bad luck. She has a knack for finding, and worsening, bad situations for herself. She values the lives, and welfare, of others over her own, and will never pass up a chance to help out. She dislikes rich ponies, unless they actively spend their money to help out the poor. She loves food, and eats as much as she can. In her mind, wasting food is a terrible crime, and every bite is worth savoring.

No picture yet, might add one later.

I'm not sure how being left to survive in a blizzard earns her cutie mark, unless it somehow is a way to make her special. Like somehow she discovered an affinity for guiding herself through the blizzards as if she had a built-in compass, or using it somehow to build shelters. It may not have to relate to her name but it could help. She needs a little more in her app, something perhaps about her personality and what she aspires to in the future.

I don't think that quite works. Her cutie mark is supposed to represent what it is she's discovered about herself that makes her special, like her special talent or an affinity. I don't think a cutie mark for having something terrible happening to you quite works the same. Not that her cutie mark is necessarily a bad choice, but perhaps how she got it could be worked out better with that in mind.

You might want to add the fact that she's a Pegasus in you topic title to help Mods, Admins, and helpstaff identify her.

And what Skye is trying to say I believe is that you need to expand your character a bit we don't really know much about her besides the fact that she's homeless, trusts nopony, and has no parents. I don't think having survived a terrible thing really lets her deserve her cutie-mark because she didn't really discover anything about herself what she discovered was how someponies can betray others. Which teachers her a lesson about trust but not a lesson about herself if you know what i mean.

I think her cutie-mark would related to how she wishes to help other fillies and colts.

But this is all just from what I'm interpreting from what I read.