Touching Down for the First Time (Open to anyone!)

Cat Napper

Jumpstyle (Cutie Mark not included)

Oh man, oh man, it was just so.. solid! Clouds all her life underhoof, nothing could ever prepare for how solid, sturdy the earth felt to Jumpstyle. The well renown Cloudsdale Choreographer DJ was surprised at herself, this was the first time in her entire LIFE she'd actually felt the need to leave her birth home.

Though her mane, bushy and electric blue entirely shrouded her eyes from view, an issue not helped in the least by the vibrant orange and blue tye dyed hat pushing her hair further across her face, her expression of pure wonder was unhidden. The white and blue pegasus had been standing there for a good thirty minutes, occasionally scuffing a hoof over the ground or giving a little hop to see if the dust and dirt beneath her would give out and send her falling into another atmosphere. After a kick, and another, and a good few jumps, nothing happened, her hooves left scores in the dirt, but nothing crumbled beneath her, nothing at all. "Wild.. totally wild.." She murmured to herself, tentatively taking a few rhythmic steps from her spot at long last. Dead ahead of her lay Ponyville, the place in which she hoped to find an old friend of hers who'd come to travel Equestria only a few months before. Her first stop was Ponyville, but Jumpstyle couldn't help but worry that she'd already left for Hoofington.

"Whoaaa..." It was just insane! The buildings around her, equally as solid as the ground beneath her, cute little thatched roofs, cute little mountainside town. Mountainside, Jump repeated mentally to herself. Not miles above the mountains. There was just too much to see here in this.. alien dwelling on the earth, and it would seem extremely odd to any natives of the land, to see the young mare approaching houses and buildings to tap with a forehoof, to see if any were made of the obviously choice material cloud.

Getting herself to focus was more difficult than the foreign choreographer had anticipated, as everything seemed to ensnare her interest from the trees all around to the residents, completely wingless, just like they taught her in school. Oh the joys of being a young and naive musicial, having spent her entire life practically secluded from the rest of the world in a single cloud city. It was only then that she would come to the realization that, good lord, the entire world wasn't clouds! And Cloudsdale? Only a tiny tiny percentage of the world, the rest set on the ground!

Aimlessly wandering among the streets, completely captivated by the architecture and general sturdiness all around her, she briefly wondered where she would find Cat. Such an avid flier that one was, how could she ever stand living in these cloudless structures? Though, as Jump had forgotten, Cat often traveled back and forth to the ground throughout her foalhood, to see relatives unable to join her in the sky. She was used to all this solid earth all over.

She tapped a hoof one last time agaisnt the ground, hard, leaving herself with a sharp pain and a little squeak. Not her best idea. "So like, I fall on this stuff, and.. I die. Mmm, that stuff's just crazy, wicked crazy.." She murmured to herself, unaware of how bizarre her words might've seemed to anyone around her.

Grocery day, grocery day. Dubstep hummed a tune to himself as he walked his way up from his river side tent on the outskirts of the town. Being such a clear bright day, the bright coloured unicorn figured it was as good of a day as any to head out to the store to restock himself. Especially now that he had finally started getting a little used to the landmarks around that led him to Ponyville from his makeshift home. Though distractions did come on occasion, a neat looking flower, a butterfly floating by, or a good song playing through his headphones. Though he always did make it, most of the time it was late, but he did make it.

Though today the distraction that caught his eye was a bit different. Okay a lot different. An odd pegasus was standing, kicking and tapping the ground with a hoof, almost like she was testing to see if it was real. After a moment though she finally did walk on forward towards the town. Being curious, Dub couldn't help but follow along a little ways behind, watching her strange antics, tapping on houses and eyeing them like they were the strangest thing she had seen in her whole life! He couldn't help but chuckle a little bit as he peeked over his shuttershades and watch her.

Continuing to watch her for a little bit, Dub had all but forgotten about it being grocery day, it was almost cute to watch the full grown mare acting so curious. Though when she slammed her hoof against the ground with a thud, which caused her to squeak in pain, Dubstep couldn't help but wince, "Oooh, that had to hurt..." he thought out loud.

• 3 weeks later...

Finding her friend seemed to have been lost within a matter of seconds after having remembered it, and Jump was back to stomping around, absolutely perplexed with the dirt beneath her. Kick, scuff, stomp, and repeat. Kick, leap, stomp, scuff! The more dirt kicked up with her hooves the better! The mare grinned, as if rocking along with an invisible beat, her inspections of the ground lead her to create the beginnings of a rough, stomping dance of her own creation.

It wasn't exactly fancy hoofwork, but it didn't entirely look perfectly easy either. Kick, slide, scuff, stomp, leap! She opened her wings with a little giggle, with a rhythmic canter, she picked up speed, and gave a tremendous leap to kick off of the side of a buildings, in a finish, landing a perfectly executed back flip with another cloud of dust rising around her, unaware that she had indeed landed only a few feet in front of a certain unicorn stallion.

"Ahhaha, smooth! Rockin', beastly! I gotta remember that one.." She chuckled to herself, dancing was second nature to her, and to Jumpstyle, inspiration could come from anywhere. Unintentionally bobbing her head to that imaginary beat, she began to trot away with a few bouncy, kicking steps, before she realized completely that.. the beat? She wasn't imagining it! The white pegasus pricked her ears, hmmm.. yep, there was definitely a sick bass drop somewhere nearby, sounded like it was coming from head.. phones..

Whirling around, the mare's mane shrouded face was nevertheless curious as she finally noticed. Standing behind her this entire time?

Ohhh Celestia...

Jumpstyle blushed and backed up a few steps.. "Hey! I know you... y-you're, DJ Neighsay!" She broke into a wide grin, giving a little bit of a girly squeak and actually flipping her wild hair partially from her face to get a better look. That brilliant yellow pelt, perfect black mane, boss neon streaks, trademark shuttershades! That was definitely Jumpstyle's favorite DJ who had been watching her, and seen her dancing in the dusty streets just moments ago.

"Oh man, I am such a huge fan of your stuff bro! You're like, my inspiration! Oh man, what are the chances of meeting YOU here?" Lost in a bit of an uncharacteristic fangirl moment, Jump gave yet another happy leap, grinning wide with her one visible eye sparkling with lively excitement, before in a few seconds she managed to get a grip on herself. Let's try not to look like a total idiot to the best DJ of all time, she told herself, blushing a little bit brighter as she relaxed. "S-sorry, um.. I'm, not normally like that.. it's just, bro, you're like, whoah! And I mean, whooaa! You're like, boss, but more than that. You're like, three bosses! All at once!"

Dubstep mused quietly to himself as he watched the mare pop and bump and hop around. She had quite a good rhythm to her steps, she was able to keep a beat even without hearing one. Most ponies wouldn't be able to notice that as well, but being a DJ himself, he could always spot a good beat when he saw one. As good as her steps were, it was still adorably amusing, the childlike wonder in her was rare to see in anypony, well, anypony but children, that is. But that wasn't a bad thing really.

Watching with a smile as the pegasus landed in front of him, the unicorn was rather surprised by her reaction, she had heard of him? He didn't think many folks around Ponyville had even heard of him, let alone consider him a star or inspiration! It was all a little embarrassing really. With a chuckle Dubstep rubbed the back of his head and pulled his headphones off from his ears, "Ehehe, yeah, that's me! I'm a little shocked you know of me. Well, a lot shocked. S'weird." the way she was fangirling over him, is this how REAL stars feel all the time? It was quite flattering! "Oh no no! S'all good gal, I dunno how boss I am really. I mean, I'm a'ight. Just came out to do some grocery shopping. Eggs, milk, bread, uhh, food stuff! Nothin real fancy." this gal seemed groovy enough, and she looked so familiar, where had he seen her before?... "So...OH! Now I know why you look familiar, you're ah, Deadhor5, right? My brother brought back a sampler from one of your concerts one time! You're pretty rad yourself."