Canterlot Chat causing browser issues.

Kryptchild

So I've been noticing an issue with the chat feature for our forum. You know that little pop up box that lets you chat with folks?

Very frequently when it pops up, other things I have up in my browser crash, and Canterlot locks up entierely. Youtube videos and Pandora stop and refuse to re-load correctly, and I get notices that "Shockwave Flash" has crashed.

This doesn't happen every time, but the only times it does happen is when I get a message via Canterlot's Chat. I love talking to you guys, but this is becoming an issue!

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this something that can be fixed, or is it a coding issue that's so deep or out of reach that it just has to be tolerated? Is there a way to turn off being in the chat? Cause I seem to sorta always be in it by default.

[edit]: Ironically enough, the site locked up and shockwave flash crashed not 15 seconds after posting this. Dag gummit.

Edited by Kryptchild

I managed to figure out how to make myself unavailable for the chat thing. Although I still think it's a technical issue that might be a good idea to look in on when nothing else of importance is abound. But it's no longer an issue on my end.

Fee free to lock this thread I guess, oh gods of forum moderation. And thanks for the insight Rose!

Unable to duplicate. (you haven't told us which chat you're using so I'm just assuming it's the chatroom popout rather than that chatbar popouts).

Canterlot.com is built around Chrome with no problems at all.

Uninstall Chrome and all associated extensions, re-install latest version. Install extensions one at a time, you'll simply have to do your own testing to see what you're installing to cause your flash plugins to crash (especially since none of our chats use flash) and we've no idea what Pandora is other than a mediocre Jewelry shop.

Not alot else we can do to help.

You can see if the problem has been reported before here: http://community.inv...html/_/ip-chat/