The Training [holypony20/MudBug]

Tobias in the fields near Ponyville he was trying to fly again he was slowly fluttering a little off the ground. He then fell because his wing was hurting again. He fell on his face the fell on his stomach. He layed there and sighed. He sat up tears starting to form from his eyes. He looked up at the sky while he started to cry. "When will I ever get back up in the sky again. Its been so long that I've felt the wind flowing through my mane I miss it so much." He puts his face in his hooves and starts crying. He wasn't making much progress he needed a trainer to help him a coach. He needed a flyer worthy to be in the Wonderbolts to train him back into the sky where he belongs.

Taking the usual speedy way across the sky, Dash enjoyed the cool, yet soft touch of the wind whistling against her ears as she tore through the airspace like a multicolored missile and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. The rush of adrenaline that coursed through her bloodstream and her heart beating a mile a minute.

All of a sudden there was a new noise entering the air space and she halted, what was that? Blinking down at the fields, she saw a pony trying to get into the air by the look of things, but he was having trouble...

Arching a quizzical brow, she zoomed down and landed next to him with a soft blink. Eyeing over the pony in faint confusion and curiousity as her ears swivelled forward and she watched him closely.

"Uhh...you okay, pal?"

He looked at the blue pony with the rainbow mane and Tale. "Wait you are Rainbow Dash aren't you." He was shocked that his wish might come true as long as he could convince her to train him to fly again. He was desperate to fly again he would love if Rainbow Dash would help him to fly again. "I know this might be a weird request. but can you train me to fly again. There's a story about this whole thing that you might understand better and also respect if I told you it. I just want you to sit down with me for awhile and listen to my story about this wing." He unfurled his half wing that looked like it was bitten off by something big. He knew that Rainbow Dash might respect his want to fly again after hearing his story.

Blinking at the weird pegasi, she sat herself down beside the pony and watched him closely as he spoke...he'd heard of her? Well, that was to be expected, ofcourse, hiding her smirk the best she could however she listened on and blinked.

Teach him to fly? Perking a brow questioningly she looked over the outstretched wing and winced, self conciously clinging her wings to her body, she'd have hated anything happening to her own little wind slicers. Her babies.

At the story part, she winced a little. She had to sit still? Oh man. But if it would help this guy out...she couldn't see the harm in it, right?

"Uhh...sure...why not? I got time to kill." Looking to him again she offered a small, patient smile. "Lay it on me."

He smiled back. "Thank you. You dont know how much this means to me. Not as a fan just pony to pony. But it all started when I was little and I graduated from Junior Flying School with flying colors. I was recognized from the Wonderbolts because this. I really loved the Wonderbolts and I wanted to join them. It was the day before I went for my tryouts to get into the Wonderbolts and I was flying through the Everfree forest. I heard a scream come from nearby and of course I went and checked it out. I look up from a bush and its one of my friends from flying school getting attacked by a hydra. I of course and went to help him out I didn't want him to get hurt. I distracted the hydra to let my friend run. In the process of distracting the hydra it took a bite out of my wing and I fell to the ground now bleeding from my wing. I got far enough away after that by running that the hydra lost me. After I got away I balled my eyes out. The biggest reason why was because I thought my whole life was ruined now and I didn't have a chance in the world to get into the Wonderbolts. I eventually got back to Ponyville and one of the nurse ponies helped me stitch up my wing. After that I've continued my life as an adventurer and i have been trying to fly with this bad wing and see if I had a chance to at least fly again and be able to feel the wind in my mane again." Tobias started to cry a little again.

A fan? Perking a brow Rainbow Dash simply sat there and listened to Tobias' tale all the way through as he wove it along. Feeling a tiny bit envious of his days with the Wonderbolts, dangit she'd have loved for that opportunity, to be picked out for the Wonderbolts so early on...then the tale took a slight turn and her envy quickly dipped into a sympathetic wince as she watched him and looked over his wing once more.

A hydra did that? Ouch. Getting it torn or sprained was one thing...but a hydra bite...that was awful.

Watching the other pony curiously, she heard him through to the very end and felt a little at ends at what to do when she saw the tears coming. Oh jeez she wasn't good with handling tears.

Races, sure.

Boastful ponies, easy...mostly.

Tears were far out of her jurisdiction and her ears splayed slightly as she watched him, a small unsure noise escaping her before she raised a hoof to tentatively pat the other's shoulder. Trying to offer the most comforting smile she could for someone she barely knew.

"Uhh...oh jeez, don't cry for Celestia's sake...if it means that much to you I'll help you out best I can."

He sniffed a little as he looked up with a calm happy smile. He then gave Rainbow Dash a hug. "Thank you so much this means so much to me." He let go and looked at her still with the same smile. "I know you would of loved to have an opportunity that i had when I was younger. I hope that doesn't deter from our friendship and the training. But I know you where able to do the Sonic Rainboom and I would love to get to that point some day too. I would love to be able to do a Sonic Rainboom myself. And I am still a fan of yours as well so this opportunity to train with you is great." He smiled a bit wider.

When she was hugged, she winced a little bit. He was uhh...really friendly. Which was good, she guessed, a little fanboyish sure but then again she'd been overly casual with the Wonderbolts once between intermitant squealings. Offering a faint smile she trotted slightly to the side and looked over his wings, it wouldn't be easy with...well...his wing like...THAT. But bigger miracles had happened when it came to flying.

She would've loved the opportunity that was offered up to him, that was true and she hid that bubbling envy rather well beneath her confident exterior as she settled down and looked over him.

"Alright, first off, let's see what you've got."

Tobias nods to her he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of Rainbow Dash. "This might not be that good of a flight because of my wing but I can show you my limitations." He took off and was at at least 10 feet in the air and was flying study for a little bit it felt nice to be this high at least. Its the highest hes gotten in awhile. He then started to feel some pain in his left wing and started to fall to the ground. He knew he would probably start feeling the pain in his wing but he wanted to do his best in front of Rainbow Dash one of the Pegasus he looked up to.

Watching as Tobias began to fly, Rainbow Dash could only watch the other give it his all in some attempt to reach a certain height and she did have to give him some credit for trying. He actually looked like he could be a good flier, good form, good posture, legs tucked in the right place, all the checklist looked fine inside her mind until...he started to plummet from the ten foot drop.

Eyes widening she watched as he began to fall she called out to him in some attempt to help, she didn't wanna get crushed from the fall of trying to catch him. A wrong fall and he'd bust up something.

"Spread out your legs! Y'need to cushion your fall by spreading out the weight!"

Tobias heard Rainbow Dash yelling to him to spread his legs to cushion the fall. He nodded and started to spread his legs. He wish he knew this for all the other times. He landed hard but probably not as bad as he would've if he didn't spread his legs. He crashed before while training sometimes it being worse then just now. He wobbly got up. "I'm good just shaken up. I'm use to the falling now I've done it so many times before. Luckily not from that height." He looked pretty shaken up. His ears where now down against his head, and he was looking down. "I'm sorry Rainbow Dash I wanted to show you I could at least do a little bit."

Watching Tobias land she let out a wincing hiss and an 'oooo' as she moved over. Quickly glancing over him. Nothing hurt? Alright. Than again, he looked pretty sturdy and she was sure he could handle a fall from that height...any higher though and he'd probably would've bust something quite seriously.

Shaking her head and flipping some of her multicolored mane out of the way of her eyes, circled the other before noticing the downer look on his face and tried to offer a somewhat encouraging smile.

"Aw jeez..." She muttered faintly under her breath before moving to place a hoof gently on Tobi's shoulder in an attempt to buck up his spirit.

"Well, y'did better than most would with a busted up wing."

Tobias looked up at Rainbow Dash he was smiling. "Thanks did I really do pretty good." That meant a lot to Tobias coming from his idol. He realy looked up to her but he didn't want to express how much he looked up to her because he would look like a weird pony to her. Tobias got up on his hooves even if they where a bit wobbly from the fall. He gave a nervous smile not wanting to look like he was weak right now because his upper body is fine its just his legs that a little wobbly. He could still go on. "So whats next if you have planned on anything."

The rainbow haired mare nodded encouragingly towards Tobias before watching him get up on his hooves, seeing the wobble and sympathising ever so slightly despite the fact she didn't voice such sympathies just yet. He was good. Okay not the best, she could totally smoke him, but if he had his wing intact he'd deffinately be a good challenge and that's partially why she was helping him out.

She'd have hated that to happen to her.

"Well, y'got your hooves off'a the ground, an' that's good enough for me!"

Flapping her wings slightly, she moved a good few feet away as she looked over the stallion.

"Okay, with your wing the way it is, we'll have to see about some exercises to see about how far it'll stretch and then we can work around it."

Tobias was really happy that Rainbow Dash said that him getting off the ground was good enough for her. He nodded to her telling him that with a determined smile on his face. He watched her look at him she looked like she was a little impressed with him if he had fully healed wings. He continued watching her inspectingly look at him. He watched in attention as she started to talk. "Yes what kind of exercises did you have in mind. I will do what ever you say is good Rainbow." He could understand how that could be a good idea.