True Blood

I didn't see any other topics for this while searching, so forgive me if there is another one somewhere.

Season 5 ends this Sunday, and I'm getting increasingly frustrated. I do have a few people in real life who watch True Blood, but nobody that has read the books so far. Has anyone here read them? The books are soooo good and share very little resemblance to the show at this point.

I really hate this Sanguinista plot. Tara is annoying. Bill is supposed to be the cool, sweet guy, not some brainwashed lunatic. While Russell Edgington IS supposed to be gay, they never really went there except with Steve now; they could have had a better lead up to it.

I do still love Anna Paquin though. She portrays Sookie very well and I love watching her act.

• 2 weeks later...

I admit to being a bad pony and I have NOT read the books...

However, I DO love the series! I agree that this season has been lackluster in comparison to the last few, but I certainly still admire the work that goes into the plot at this point, seeing as I've researched it and discovered this season has little to nothing to do with the books.

I love the series most for how congruent the writers keep the story arcs. They all begin and end with perfect development and closure throughout the season, and they continuously cross with others without rupturing each other. It's a fine job of writing, and feels more like a movie if it were edited together like so.

• 4 weeks later...