Slenderman

Cat Napper

I began watching marble hornets last year around the start of 2011 After about 10 video's I looked up the slenderman. his origins and such from something awful.

That night I was so scared I had to put the light on just to get to the kitchen....I usually do that in the dark but the slenderman and marble hornets just put the fear of god in me.

Now though I have gotten use to how slenderman works. played the slender game with only a few jumps and screams XD

• 3 months later...

I have a theory behind slenderman. looking at all ive seen from my slendysession of summer of 11, I worked up a idea to explain the obserber.

Its slenderMEN.

Lets take a look. in Marble hornets, slendy plays more of a passive role, livin6 up to his obserber namestate. He poses a threat, but a minor one.

However, in Tribe Twelve, He plays A VERY active threat, as shown by the episode where noah sees him in the house. How could it be the same thing? only one slendy is the same as another.

Dark Harvest anyone?

Again, this is just a theory. but it seems the slendy has no interest in the group, only the cult. that is, until noah shows up, where they get a full born attack. this whole idea is supported by the egyptan video, as well. ALIEONS, PERHAPS?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course it got me moved.....away.

Slenderman is pretty much like zombies and Gangnam style. It was sorta cool at first, but now I pray every single to day to whatever gods avaliable for it to die. Now every single thing has to have said character for no rhyme or reason, other than "Slenderman is cool and popular, so it has to be there!"

• 1 month later...

The Tall Man movie is actually based off the "Tall Man" which is a German folk story ( or atleast my grandma from Munich used to warn us about it when my brother and I were little.)

Slenderman was originally just created on the internet and spread around like a modern urban legend, with connections to the fear mythos. I myself am actually quite fond of seeing how urban legends shift and change over time.

• 5 months later...

So I decided to watch through Marble Hornets the other day, I've gotten decently far, can't remember how so off the top of my head. It's interesting, but I'm really not getting all paranoid and weird about it like everyone else I know x3 brother can't sleep, friends claim they're seeing things, etc.

Anyone else here not entirely moved by Slenderman? Or is there just something wrong with me? I mean, he is creepy, but not THAT creepy

Your not wrong in not being scared. I dont fear slenderman, I'm interested, is all.

Marble hornets, along with Everyman Hybrid, Dark Harvest, And every other slender vlog, Is purely made to entertain.

Or warn us.

>Tulpa Slendy

I have to say, Slenderman doesn't really scare me. :/ My friend is completely paranoid about him, but I am really unaffected by the idea of him, even after a few episodes of Marble Hornets.

• 1 month later...

Slenderman provides a rather creepy atmosphere when I'm alone at night but nothing so serious that I actually believe in his existence. On another note, that 'Smiley' movie did make me wary of Chat Roulette for a while. :)

I agree with you on both counts. I dont think he is real per se, but my imagination is active enough that I usually keep all my windows closed and blinds shut when nighttime arises. Just in case

• Like 1

Slenderman was a pretty good case of creepy internet urban mythery.. at least until Marble Hornets and other 13 year olds latched onto the thing and started overusing it until it lost all of its creep factor and basically became the internet equivalent of spamming sequels for an 80's horror villain, like Freddy or Jason or Chucky. It stopped being scary and just became a repetition of jump scares and generic scare tactics, with the character becoming less and less appealing with each progression.

Suffice it to say that I'm not very fond of Marble Hornets and what they did to an otherwise good attempt at creating a ghost story online.