[Final] Stagefright

Noctriix

Roleplay Type: Mane Rp

Name: Stagefright

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Lime green

Coat colour: Black Velvet

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Her mane is a flowing silver with small streams of purple flowing through, this coloring also streams down to her tail. Unlike her brother Limelight, Stagefright doesn't beleive in the need to be the latest in fashion. As her hair isn't styled, and is just laid naturally in a messy way. However, the natural styling actually suits her well, as it accents her own natural beauty. The bracelets she wears on her front and back hooves are more for practical use than for appearance, as they are bio-illuminescent, and allow her to keep her footing and direction in the dark recesses of a pitch black backstage.

Physique: Generally a bit taller than the average mare, but still evenly proportioned and well curved where it counts.

Cutie Mark: A clipboard with a pair of headphones resting on top, the cord laying in a heart shaped fashion.

Origin/Residence: Canterlot

Occupation: Backstage Manager, general and supportive aid to her brother, and co-producer of several broadmane musicals.

Motivation: Helping others succeed, to be given the satisfaction of knowing that you don't have to be a star, knowing she's important to a group, and helping her brother out whenever he's away.

Likes: (optional) Darkness, Blacklights, things that glow in the dark, spiders, proper organization, flowers, children, her brother, and being friendly for the sake of wanting to be.

Dislikes: (optional) Overly bright lights, disorganization, excessively loud noises, and being put in a position where she's forced to be seen or heard by a crowd.

Character Summary: Being born into the same family as her brother Limelight, Stagefright has had her fair share of musical and performing experience. However, throughout the majority of her her fillyhood, she spent her time off stage. She was gifted with the talent to perform at a young age, alongside her brother; however, she was physically and emotionally incapable of being in front of an audience. The bright lights, the cheering, and the thousands of eyes directed straight towards her made her weak in moments. However, unlike her teachers, who still tried to push her to be a performer, her brother saw differently.

Near the end of her years in Filly School, Limelight offered her the chance to work backstage with him during one of his Canterlot shows. He gave her instructions and showed her around, allowing her to see what it was like in the abyss behind an actor's stage. She loved every waking moment of it. The lack of judgemental spectators, the everlasting darkness, the ability to "blend in". The ability to be herself in a situation where many couldn't see her is what drove her enjoyment. Plus, the fact of knowing that she was helping her big bro do his job, and that he couldn't do it without her, made her feel extremely warm and fuzzy inside. She was important, she was helpful, she was needed. Who could pass up feelings like that? Granted, it wasn't like she was mis-treated by her siblings or peers, however she had never found a place where she felt like she belonged. She had yet to find her niche; which was apparant by the blank flank on her black velvet posterior. Upon finishing her first few performances with her brother, she stepped out from the darkness, ready to head home, only to recieve a loving nudge on her flank from Limelight, who was pointing out something to her, her Cutie Mark.

From then on, Stagefright always would take every opportunity she had to work stage crew at her fillyschool, and she'd always take offers from Limelight when he needed help. Eventually single-handedly running several of Broadmane's biggest shows all on her own. She has a wide amount of respect from her fellow actors, and her loving brother. Though even they all know that the real Stagefright comes out, only when you can hardly see her at all.

When it comes to her personality, Stagefright is a bit more elegant and reserved than her big bro, she loves having calm relaxing tea parties, and just enjoying a calm do-nothingy day. She's more advanced in her manners as well, and enjoys formal occasions. Masquerades are her favorite. She is also extremely unfond of absuive flattery and perversion. She does her best to keep her brother in line, however she has been known to explode in revolt against Stallion's who are a bit to cocky for her tastes. She simply cannot stand the wonton attention.

When she is not working in the theatre, Stagefright can often be found enjoying the peace and quiet of her home in Canterlot. She has a few friends, of which she invites them over whenever she's able. However, the property she's living on is actually held by her brother Limelight. She does her best to maintain it while he's away, as they are as close of a relationship to being bbbff's as you can get.

It should also be noted, even though Stagefright's namesake and Cutie-mark are both derived from her lack of performing prescence; She is not by any-means an introvertive Mare. She still enjoys a relatively normal, medium-high society Canterlot Life. She is only her shy self when faced with a performance, however she is a happy, intelligent, and creative mare in her own right. She has a natural motherly instinct, and is extremely fond of fillies and other newborns, she is also much more soft-spoken than her brother. Wheras he'd be the type of person to belt out a question or even sing it, she'd prefer to gently ask in a calm polite way. However, this is not done in fluttershy fashion by any way shape or form... she does have an event horizon. She also has more of a Canterlot accent than Limelight does, as she travels less. Oddly enough, for her usually darker habitat (I.e. Backstage) She has an odd obsession over flowers and other works of natural art.

myPony.png

No problem! I like the idea of this character, especially paired with a sibling who is very much her opposite in personality. There's a couple minor typos, but otherwise this looks like a solid start for an application. I especially like the Cutie Mark!

I'm really curious: how did she end up in her 'profession' as it were, and when did she realize how much she loved helping others to succeed and supporting them?

AH! Actually lost track of this thing, THANK YOU EAGLE SCOUT PROJECT...

I'll get to fixing up the typos

To answer you're question Trilobite:

It will be included in the summary of her character, however, I'm currently thinking that her brother Limelight would have tried giving her a role for one of his shows, or something less remarkable (Like a school show) where she was put in front of an audience, and was left absolutely scarred for it. Regardless of how it happened, her brother Limelight realized she wasn't meant for the "Limelight" as he was, so he gave her a chance to do the opposite, work behind the scenes. She really loves her brother, and wanted to help him out anyway she could, so when she was given the opportunity she gave it a try. Now she's where she is.

Im making her this way because every actor know's that you can't run a show without stage crew, managers, etc. Limelight is the performer, who sells the show, and Stagefright is the crewgal, sneaking around in the shadows, making sure every possible detail goes as it was planned. They couldn't work without each other, and they both know that. She also know's that her brother wouldn't be anywhere near as sucessful as he is without her help. So because she could never handle being in front of the audience, where Limelight handles that work, the sheer satisfaction of knowing that even though she can't be seen, she knows she's still the most important part of the show. That's what keeps her going, and that's why they are so close as siblings.

It's a perfect example of sibling-symbiosis :)

Siblingosis!

Nice concept for how that go started, and it comes across as very appropriate for the atmosphere of the show and Mane RP. I might suggest taking what you've written directly as the backstory, with whatever minor adjustments you might want or think of along the way.

I'm glad you really like that Trilobite :)

Also, I want this to be understood for when this is finalized, SHE WILL HAVE NO REDICULOUS MAGICAL POWERS.

1. Basic telekinesis
  2. Teleportation (I.e. from soundboards, to backstage, to costume wardrobe, etc.) She's better at this than Limelight, but only a little. It slightly winds her when done repeatedly.
  3. She also has the ability to whisper to other ponies through magic. Since headsets and stage mic's don't really exist due to technological reasons. This is her only special trait which is why she's got the "Headset" on her flank.

I would at least hope that #3 is suitable, as it isn't domination in any way shape or form. It isn't over abusive, and isn't overpowered in my opinion. It's the same concept as sending a whisper to another player in any standard MMORPG, or sending a private message through facebook. Nothing fancy shmancy, but still unique.

Typos should be fixed for now

I've been busy for the past bit, not any set-in-stone progress. However, I'm absolutely content on the progress I currently have. All I've left to do is the summary, which will hopefully be no longer than three paragraphs.

Typing out my Senior project has been kinda killing my libido for typing lately. I'll get on it when I can.

Finished the Bio-sumamry, gonna re-edit so that her pic come's up naturally, then making final. Any typo's or grammer suggestion's you could give would be wonderful! I'll wait for a final imput from you before marking it final however.

BTDUBS, IM A PARASPRITE NAO MUTHABUCKAS

I think the feeling of the Stagefright's experience and the reasons she loves working backstage come through very clearly here. Per your request, I looked this over and found a couple minor typos

Sometimes there are apostrophes where I think you mean plurals, like:

The lack of judgemental spectator's (perhaps you mean spectators)

and

feeling's like that (you may mean feelings)

There are also a couple of places where you may want to revise your capitilization. For example

"Blend in" (maybe "blend in")

and

Cutie mark (maybe cutie mark or Cutie Mark)

Maybe take a look over the application and see if you can eliminate those.

Those little things aside, Stagefright is lookin' solid to me!

INITIATING NIT SCAN...SCANNING...NITS DETECTED...PICKING....

...also stems down to her tail. Maybe 'streams down to her tail'?

A clipboard with a pair of headphones resting on top, the cord laying in a heart shaped fashion. This is a great cutie mark, and fits right in with what we see in the show. I would want this pony if she were a toy!

Helping other's succeed... Perhaps 'others'?

...thing's that glow in the dark... Maybe 'things'?

...being friendly for the sake of wanting to be... I really like this as part of her personality. It feels very pony. Also, having it as a like rather than part of her motivation is a fine differentiation that says a lot about her personality.

...physically and emotionally uncapable... You may mean 'incapable'.

...always take offer's... You may want to say 'offers'.

Broadmane's biggest show's...from her fellow actor's... You might want to use 'shows' and actors'.

The more I look at this character the more I like her and I really look forward to seeing her in some RPs. I think once you've got the above taken care of, you'll be ready to mark Stagefright final. Heck, you could prolly do it now, as these are very minor issues, only pointed out per your request.

Flow nowwww.... ;)

Here's a question for ya: outside of the theater, what does Stagefright most like doing?

And another one: what is something Stagefright would never do in a million years--because she considers it absolutely wrong.

And one more: if Stagefright were to describe the perfect friend, what would she say?