The Voyage of the Polar Star--OOC

Trilobite

I need to watch myself! Mister T knows how much of a dirty pony Pocket was in the "Free-For-All" boards..And when I write for him..The urge to return to his FFA ways keeps popping up..But I know better! :geek: Yes I do!

The prophecy of Nightmare Moon's return?! Pfwaaah! You really need to stop reading those dusty old books! :Celest:

Oh. and I will post er..Tuesday...I'm here..But I need to get some sleep....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops! The scrivener's name is Barltelby. The other is just my carelessness. I'll go back and see if I can change that out! Also, I like the idea that maybe Emeber really has that problem--sorting out what she said from what she thought about.

And Taco, I thik a little sly innuendo is okay, on occasion. I haven't seen you overstep the bounds, so you're good.

Oh my gosh, I love these characters!

Okay, gang, I'd like to impose on you for one of those scenes that in my group we call "player-charactering up". You know, like this.

Don't feel like you have to show or list everything you might have with you! I love games where you have to carefully consider every piece of equipment, but this ain't one of thems. I'm happy to assume that you have whatever is handy, so long as it's reasonable--and with players like you, I know you'll do some creative stuff with that license, including not having the perfect equipment for whatever problem. Just do a quick cut-scene, and we're good to go.

I do have one request: it seems to me like Ember Spark is the type to have a sort of utility-belt type invention just waiting to be given to everyone. If that sounds good to you, Ginger Mint, I would totally dig seeing that in the game.

You know..The whole "Group gets ready!" bit. The Heroes do a little montage where they GET READY FOR ADVENTURE! Putting on gear. Testing their bazookas that shoot live sharks, etc.

Just waiting for Miss Mint to post...

hi hi

Look, its a scrap of free time, huzzah! I'm starting on my post right now, but as for gear. Almost everything Ember Spark might bring is already in her tool-belt, which she was already wearing. While she only has the basic essentials on hoof, the basics do make a bit of a list all by themselves.

Basic Engineer's Tools:

• Monkey Wrench

• A few combination wrenches, (Open Ended and Box End)

• A large hammer (previously used to break ice)

• A small ball peen hammer for delicate work

• An adjustable clamp for holding things in place while she works (important for an earth pony)

• Screwdriver

• A couple different types of pliers

• A pair of snips for cutting metal

• Her pad of paper and pencil

• Basic math tools: Compass, protractor, level rule, plumb-bob.

• A few empty pouches. (She might carry rivets or nails or something in them, but not right now)

I'm cool with coming up with random things to have in her toolbelt too, if there ends up being something too awesome not to have at a certain point. However, I am purposefully leaving out any lighting implements from her tools, even though she ought to have a glowbug lamp or something. I'm just going to assume it got broken and she hasn't had a chance to fix it yet. (Because I think it will be good if she has to rely Emerath or Pocket Change to provide light.)

Other than that, she has her goggles, and she did have an idea for a gadget to help them find their way. She's going to show up for duty with a can of engine oil strapped to her back. The idea is that, as they head down the tunnels, she will leave a small trail of oil on the ground like bread crumbs. That way they can smell their way back if they get lost.

Wow. Um. I'm pretty sure I didn't mean to write that much. Sorry if it's too much. I just wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote.... and next thing I know that thing pops out. I hope you don't hate me. I can shorten it if need be. ^^;;

Don't worry. It's always fun to read all of your posts..Even if they're long...Those usually encourage me to write longer posts myself...I just got home from work. I'm bushed..I tried..I'm just too pooped to post right now. Will get some sleep and post tomorra. Sleepy time....ZZZZzzzzzz

hi hi

I went ahead and had Ember Spark wake herself up, but I didn't make a very long post because I want to give Emerath a chance to wake up too before we're off. Perhaps Pocket Change can have a brief bit where he can wake Emerath up, as Gale suggested, or perhaps Emerath can wake himself up? I don't think I can squeeze the conversation I wanted to have with Gale in right now, so that'll probably have to wait until after we are out of the tunnels. With that in mind: onward!

Since it's Emerath's turn, I'll let him wake himself up..Or maybe you can edit your post and Ember could wake him up! Whatever works! Either that, or they could leave him to his dreams, go on a really exciting adventure, find the Griffon's armor and other goodies, and when they come back, they could wake him up.. "Hey! You just missed a bunch of cool stuff!" :smirk:;):x #%$(#%9!!

• 2 weeks later...

On a safe note..Should we have a cut off time for posts? If for whatever reason a player cannot post for a certain amount of days he or she could be 'NPCed' for a post by the GM? I just don't want to see yet another favorite RP of mine kick the bucket.