The Voyage of the Polar Star--OOC

Trilobite

hi hi

Its my turn to post already? Holy smokes, I better do something about that.

Also: Friendship is Magic doesn't shy away from real danger. Without someone to catch her, Ember Spark could potentially be in just as much danger as Rarity was when she fell from Cloudsdale. But even if the two of you cant lift her up, maybe you can at least slow her fall.

Edit: And Le~post! Sorry about the seemingly superfluous flashback, but I felt it was important to have at least some of Ember Spark's life flash before her eyes in a moment like this. (If Pocket Change and/or Emerath can't catch her, I expect the impact with the wall will knock her unconscious. In such a situation, the GM can figure out whether or not she falls into the pit or gets her toolbelt snagged on something. Who knows, maybe she'll land on something soft at the bottom?)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I wait for Trilobite before posting? I probably will wait till after work to post..Cause I'll be getting a few hours to sleep and then back to work!

To make things easier *and help move things along* , Pocket will try his very best to catch Ember Spark via his telekinesis spell..He can be difficult at times, but he's not going to see his friend get dashed onto the rocks and all. Even if his spell didn't work, he'd probably throw himself onto the rocks so she had something soft to land on.

If he does use his spell to save ES, he'll probably want to rest his magic for a moment...Don't want to wear the guy out.. :razz:

Two unicorns working together can totally catch an earth pony, especially since you were ready and waiting. She's safe! You can

a) move her away from the pit. Exhausting, but doable.

b) Lift her up to the ceiling so she can complete her work. I'll roll for this, difficulty 9. Since Emerath and Pocket Change are working together, we'll use the highest applicable trait--Pocket Change's magic of +2. For each pony that describes how they are helping, I'll add +1 to the roll. Emeber Spark can contribute a +1, too, if she can figure out how to help! If I really feel the spirit of cooperation here, I'll add another +1. Regardless of what happens, you'll need to create take a scene to rest before you can use magic again.

Go!

Oh! And I absolutely adore the flashback--relevant and nicely timed!

Oops! Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was thinking you could describe how Ginger Mint would help with being lifted up, but I can totally roll with this, especially as you've presented us with a very nice problem to handle next. Excellent description of disarming the trap, by the way! I like how you made it difficult and tense, and the way she talked with the device is great.

Okay, 2D6. Difficulty 9. I roll a 1...and a 6!

7 (roll) +2 (using the highest magic rating since you're working together) +1 (Emerath's assistance) +1 (Ember Spark's assistance)=10!

You've done it, and with just enough magic left to give a little bit of help to Ember Spark as she makes her way back (it's a fairly easy jump from any given pendulum to the far side--the gap itself is only two ponies wide).

The unicorns in the party will still need to rest for a scene before they can use magic again.

I really liked how this went. Despite the complications, when it the chips were down you guys immediately settled on working together, even helping Ember Spark complete the task she was insisting on rather than just yanking her away. In the world of MLP, this sort of thing usually works.

As a result, I'm adding one die to the friendship bucket.

• Dice are added to the friendship bucket when I think a character, or characters, really does something that reflects the spirit of cooperation so important to ponies.
  • Any character can take dice from the pool at any time before a roll. These extra dice are then added to the roll. You can take dice to add to another character's roll, no problem.
  • I'll track the friendship bucket on the first page of this here OOC thread.

Alright! I'm curious to see whether you go on exploring, make camp next to the pit, or what.

Pocket's next big concern is the bit of clobbering Ember got when she was up on the chains and pendulums..He's worried she might have broken something, and being a prepared pony, Pocket does have a first aid kit with him. After she's taken care of, he wants to rest. Is this current room they're in safe? If not, he might want to move down the hallway (or room they're in) until they are....

Emerath will definitely want to rest, and will probably do so while Pocket Change tends to Ember Spark. Emerath has virtually no skill in first aid aside from minor scrapes and bruises an actor or actress might get from a mishandled prop or a trip on the stage. Minor things. Broken bones he is a no go. So Emerath will be more than happy to wander off or lay down while you two take care of business. Maybe he'll take a moment to take in his surroundings a bit now that the place isn't trying to kill them.

My post will probably be in the morning. For now, I must sleep after a tiring day of work.

Just a quick recap on where you are after all the action; the hallway continues to curve away, sloping gently downward. Niches dot the walls every few paces, and the glowing mushrooms are gradually resuming their lightshow.

That may help with decisions about where to go or what to do; I'll post when necessary.

Er. Fall. :shock:

oops.

Well, while I give Emerath more time to post...And to help with my post for the GM...Did poor Ember Spark break anything bone related? If it's just bumps and bruises..Pocket can use a bit of the Arnica Montana (potion) to help the poor mare..

Rough outline of what my post will be: Emerath watches Ember Spark get down, Emerath falls asleep, ???, Profit.

Post coming soon. I worked a surprise 16 hour day, when I was hoping I was going to at least have a minute to post instead. Didn't happen. Super tired. Sleep now. Zzzz....

EDIT: I finally posted! D:

Yay!

My posting is going to be a little on the slower side this week. I've been either working or out and about in town trying to get things finished for this wedding I'm to attend..Will try to keep up, but I will be gone this weekend. Not sure about the web access. :-|