Kingdom Hearts Series

Rosewind

Anypony else a fan of this game series? I love the blend of Disney and Square Enix characters, as well as the zipper abuse and fun game play. I just started playing KH: Dream Drop Distance, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I thought Birth by Sleep was amazing. I think that Kingdom Hearts III will be getting an announcement/release in the next few years. It's been too long since we've had a direct sequel, and all of the recent handheld entries into the series keep pointing to this in their stories/plots/themes.

Discuss!

Also, obligatory ponification:

119402%2B-%2Bartist%2BSakuyamon%2Bcrossover%2Bkeyblade_master%2BKingdom_Hearts%2Btwilight_sparkle.png

• Like 1

Yes, I love the Kingdom Hearts series!

I hope to get the new one for 3DS, Dream Drop Distance soon.

I got Dream Drop Distance, and let me tell you, it is QUITE a game. Very intricate and so much fun! The story is so cool and how the game is played is challenging but creative. You'll like it lots!

the thing i never got was kairi never became a heartless so how does she have a nobody?

When she lost her heart in KH, her heart chose Sora as a vessel. Her body never became a heartless because she was a princess, and her nobody was created when Sora stabbed himself to give her back her heart. Namine was made from Kairi's heart, and Sora's body/soul.

When she lost her heart in KH, her heart chose Sora as a vessel. Her body never became a heartless because she was a princess, and her nobody was created when Sora stabbed himself to give her back her heart. Namine was made from Kairi's heart, and Sora's body/soul.

that makes no scenes because a heartless is the body left over from when the heart became heartless if you think about it roxas should not even exist.

that makes no scenes because a heartless is the body left over from when the heart became heartless if you think about it roxas should not even exist.

Roxas should exist, since Sora became a heartless when stabbing himself. A nobody is the shell without a heart. I think I contradicted myself there, but when Kairi lost her heart, she chose Sora as the vessel to carry her heart. Her body remained because she was a princess, and princess couldn't become heartless, or something of the sort. Her body remained intact, just without a heart. When Sora became a heartless, and Kairi regain her heart, a very special nobody was created. Namine is a very unique nobody, who was made from not just Kairi, but Sora.

I would have more to say, but it's hard typing on an iPod.

Roxas should exist, since Sora became a heartless when stabbing himself. A nobody is the shell without a heart. I think I contradicted myself there, but when Kairi lost her heart, she chose Sora as the vessel to carry her heart. Her body remained because she was a princess, and princess couldn't become heartless, or something of the sort. Her body remained intact, just without a heart. When Sora became a heartless, and Kairi regain her heart, a very special nobody was created. Namine is a very unique nobody, who was made from not just Kairi, but Sora.

I would have more to say, but it's hard typing on an iPod.

so sora has 2 and a half nobodys roxas namine and xion. im puting xion on that list cuz shes awesome.

so sora has 2 and a half nobodys roxas namine and xion. im puting xion on that list cuz shes awesome.

Namine is really only Kairi's nobody, despite what I said. And Xion wasn't a nobody, but had some of Sora's memories flow into her, so I guess you could (sorta) add her to the list.

There is absolutely no single other franchise in the entire world that is closer to me than Kingdom Hearts, not mlp, not Pokemon, not Warhammer 40k. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The only thing in my life I've spent doing more than re-playing Kingdom Hearts 2 for the fun of it (On replay number 9 at the moment), is spending sleepless nights waiting and imagining the release date and gameplay of Kingdom Hearts 3.

To be frank, I'd be willing to trade every moment I've spent watching mlp, training my pokemon tournament team, and every hour (2000+) spent playing World of Warcraft just to see Kingdom hearts 3 come out. Or, to have a Kingdom hearts MMORPG come out, set during the time of the Keyblade war. DOES ANYBODY REALIZE THE MARKET POTENTIAL THAT WOULD HAVE? :-o

The combat system is also why i actually became interested in swordplay, from humble beginnings of trying to replicate "combo's", to actually taking legitimate SCA/Arma courses.

There's also a reason my hair's Spikey ;-)

Now, i'm going to settle the little debate here about Roxas, Namine, Kairi, Xion, and Sora.

When Kairi was incapacitated during the first level of the original Kingdom hearts, her heart was freed, and her body was as well. Her heart had been transferred to Sora's body when she "Flew" through him. Namine however, was subsequently created, and taken into the Organization, who had been in creation for a long period of time now. Whenever Sora released Kairi back into the world via. his own stabbing in hollow Bastion, Kairi was freed, and Sora became a Heartless, which you then subsequently played. However, Sora was then brought back to his own material body when Kairi found him, and "Brought him back", however, Sora's Heartless was never truly destroyed. I'll cover that later. Sora rleasing Kairi's heart creates BOTH Roxas AND Namine simultaneously.

Sora then journey's to Castle Oblivion, and slay's several of the Organization member's outright, as does Riku. This is where we meet Namine and Diz for the first time. Roxas is then introduced in the next game, in Kingdom hearts 2. Which is set after 358/2 days. This is where it get's really screwy. Roxas was orginally created and taken in by the Organization so they had the ability to manipulate a keyblade. However, here's the thing. Roxas Joined the Organization with his full memories, and was only originally able to weild ONE keyblade due to the fact that Xion had yet to be created, and subsequently destroyed. Xion is an artifical nobody, as she was created BY the organization as a fail-safe. She was constructed by the use of Sora's memories, which is why Roxas suffer's blight's of amnesia during the game. However, at the end of the game, when she is slain by Roxas, Roxas then gains those memories back, which is how he finally obtain's his second blade. He then almost completely forget's who Xion is. He also subsequently learns the true intention's of the Organization, and he is NOT HAPPY...... NOT. AT. ALL.

Which lead's to his Skyscraper battle with Riku in the city zone of the World That Never was. Roxas orginally nearly destroy's Riku, but fail's due to the help of Namine, who tell's Riku to no-longer hold back. Roxas is then knocked out cold, and has his memories wiped again, which is where Kingdom Hearts 2 Begins. Whenever Roxas begins to learn about his false reality, he becomes mad again, thanks to the stirring's of Axel, the "Confrontation" is when he learns how to dual equip his blades as he did as a fully fledged Organization member.

When the fight is complete, sora's memories have finally been put back together, however, he needs to be woken up. Whenever Roxas walks into his storage room, Sora is awakened, and Roxas is then joined back within him, causing him to awaken. Roxas combining with Sora is the ONLY reason Sora has the ability to dual wield within the game. However, by then end of the game, we discover that Roxas is still the only surviving member of the Organization. Because Roxas is still alive and attached to Sora's Heart. Roxas is the only reason Sora can utilize Final Form as well, but Sora couldn't use it untill he "Mastered" his nobody.

In coded we find that Within Sora's memories Data Roxas and Sora's Heartless are still prevalent, they are destroyed withing, well, Sora's Heartless at least. Roxas Is still alive.

In D/D/D We discover Riku's Side's of Darkness, and they also continue to take the Keyblade Mastery Exam. I've yet to play the game myself, but my friends are jerks who enjoy spoiling things. i won't divulge anything in case it hasnt been played yet.

Does this solve the above debate? :)

( In true 4chan fashion....... Sorry for the long post.)

The story within the KH series is a true masterwork, they writing team had to craft the entire backstory with Aqua, Terra, Ven, and Master Xehanort's grand scheme before Sora Riku and Kairi were even created. They began writing the story years before the original game was announced. It can be rather easy to get lost within :)

There is absolutely no single other franchise in the entire world that is closer to me than Kingdom Hearts, not mlp, not Pokemon, not Warhammer 40k. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The only thing in my life I've spent doing more than re-playing Kingdom Hearts 2 for the fun of it (On replay number 9 at the moment), is spending sleepless nights waiting and imagining the release date and gameplay of Kingdom Hearts 3.

To be frank, I'd be willing to trade every moment I've spent watching mlp, training my pokemon tournament team, and every hour (2000+) spent playing World of Warcraft just to see Kingdom hearts 3 come out. Or, to have a Kingdom hearts MMORPG come out, set during the time of the Keyblade war. DOES ANYBODY REALIZE THE MARKET POTENTIAL THAT WOULD HAVE? :-o

The combat system is also why i actually became interested in swordplay, from humble beginnings of trying to replicate "combo's", to actually taking legitimate SCA/Arma courses.

There's also a reason my hair's Spikey ;-)

Now, i'm going to settle the little debate here about Roxas, Namine, Kairi, Xion, and Sora.

When Kairi was incapacitated during the first level of the original Kingdom hearts, her heart was freed, and her body was as well. Her heart had been transferred to Sora's body when she "Flew" through him. Namine however, was subsequently created, and taken into the Organization, who had been in creation for a long period of time now. Whenever Sora released Kairi back into the world via. his own stabbing in hollow Bastion, Kairi was freed, and Sora became a Heartless, which you then subsequently played. However, Sora was then brought back to his own material body when Kairi found him, and "Brought him back", however, Sora's Heartless was never truly destroyed. I'll cover that later.

Sora then journey's to Castle Oblivion, and slay's several of the Organization member's outright, as does Riku. This is where we meet Namine and Diz for the first time. Roxas is then introduced in the next game, in Kingdom hearts 2. Which is set after 358/2 days. This is where it get's really screwy. Roxas was orginally created and taken in by the Organization so they had the ability to manipulate a keyblade. However, here's the thing. Roxas Joined the Organization with his full memories, and was only originally able to weild ONE keyblade due to the fact that Xion had yet to be created, and subsequently destroyed. Xion is an artifical nobody, as she was created BY the organization as a fail-safe. She was constructed by the use of Sora's memories, which is why Roxas suffer's blight's of amnesia during the game. However, at the end of the game, when she is slain by Roxas, Roxas then gains those memories back, which is how he finally obtain's his second blade. He then almost completely forget's who Xion is. He also subsequently learns the true intention's of the Organization, and he is NOT HAPPY...... NOT. AT. ALL.

Which lead's to his Skyscraper battle with Riku in the city zone of the World That Never was. Roxas orginally nearly destroy's Riku, but fail's due to the help of Namine, who tell's Riku to no-longer hold back. Roxas is then knocked out cold, and has his memories wiped again, which is where Kingdom Hearts 2 Begins. Whenever Roxas begins to learn about his false reality, he becomes mad again, thanks to the stirring's of Axel, the "Confrontation" is when he learns how to dual equip his blades as he did as a fully fledged Organization member.

When the fight is complete, sora's memories have finally been put back together, however, he needs to be woken up. Whenever Roxas walks into his storage room, Sora is awakened, and Roxas is then joined back within him, causing him to awaken. Roxas combining with Sora is the ONLY reason Sora has the ability to dual wield within the game. However, by then end of the game, we discover that Roxas is still the only surviving member of the Organization. Because Roxas is still alive and attached to Sora's Heart. Roxas is the only reason Sora can utilize Final Form as well, but Sora couldn't use it untill he "Mastered" his nobody.

In coded we find that Within Sora's memories Data Roxas and Sora's Heartless are still prevalent, they are destroyed withing, well, Sora's Heartless at least. Roxas Is still alive.

In D/D/D We discover Riku's Side's of Darkness, and they also continue to take the Keyblade Mastery Exam. I've yet to play the game myself, but my friends are jerks who enjoy spoiling things. i won't divulge anything in case it hasnt been played yet.

Does this solve the above debate? :)

ok but a nobody is the body and soul of someone who became a heartless and sora became a heartless and roxas was made but then sora got his body back so how does roxas and sora exist at the same time?

I can sum up the story in TL;DR: Sora is everybody at once. Also stuff. Done.

I loved BBS -- Terra/Ventus/Aqua had to be written sometime right after KH1, because they (probably Terra) made an appearance in KH2's secret video.

You know KH3 is coming up, right? I think we've just seen a big delay on it because we're at the end of a console generation, and SE is probably holding off development at the moment for business reasons,

ok but a nobody is the body and soul of someone who became a heartless and sora became a heartless and roxas was made but then sora got his body back so how does roxas and sora exist at the same time?

Probably because Sora was hax restored thanks to main character buff instead of having his heartless and nobody destroyed.

I can sum up the story in TL;DR: Sora is everybody at once. Also stuff. Done.

I loved BBS -- Terra/Ventus/Aqua had to be written sometime right after KH1, because they (probably Terra) made an appearance in KH2's secret video.

You know KH3 is coming up, right? I think we've just seen a big delay on it because we're at the end of a console generation, and SE is probably holding off development at the moment for business reasons,

BBS was the best. I'm a huge Aqua fanboy. XD

Also, they stated that production on KH3 would not start until after Final Fantasy Versus XIII (or whatever it is called now) is released. I'm guessing we won't see KH3 until 2016 or later. Hopefully at least before Raul Mendez and Paulo Guerro team up and threaten to destroy the world with military drones and Star Fox aliens.

Fighting is magic, and KH3 will be what get's me though college. Praise da lawd.

Currently BBS is the only game aside from D/D/D that I've yet to play........ nobody wants to lend me there psp's, now matter how much i offer to pay for a rental /:

Also, just because a nobody and heartless are created, it doesn't mean that they are destroyed when the original heart is restored to the person's body. It just continues to exist. Untill it is legitimately destroyed.

Probably because Sora was hax restored thanks to main character buff instead of having his heartless and nobody destroyed.

Have a heart and give a heartless a hug today and all your hearts r belong to us

Kairi's heart, Ventus's heart, the original being of Roxas, the source of Xion's memories... If it's there, it started/ended with Sora.

Also, Aqua FTW.