Lullaby

Haiku

Name: Lullaby

Species: Pegasus (Flutterpony in all reality, but unsure as to if they're going to be incorporated into FiM, so broad spectrum "pegasus" works.)

Pelt Color: A dusky sort of blue/purple (think twilight)

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Pale golden, a few streaks of near white. Both are long, her tail is loose curls, her hair is usually tied off into a loose ponytail.

Eye Color: Golden yellow

Cutie Mark: An open mason jar and three fireflies

Physique: A bit on the thin side, but long legged, giving her an air of delicacy without seeming fragile

Residence: Originally from Cloudsdale, she spent a short time in Canterlot before finding her way to Ponyville, and now lives not far past Sweet Apple Acres (nearer to the Ever Free Forest). Her home is essentially a treehouse, built into a sleepy old willow tree.

Occupation: Lullaby's job changes with the seasons. In summer she organizes the crickets to sing in the evening and fireflies to dance, as the colder months come along, she helps some of the other tiny creatures prepare for hibernation, and leads flocks south for winter. She's best known for lulling the smaller creatures to sleep with her namesake, but is very self conscious about other ponies hearing her sing.

Motivation: To help others enjoy the peace and relaxation that night brings as much as she does.

Dislikes: Bullfrogs ruining her night songs with their off-key croaking, jumpropes (was never any good), blueberry flavor, the smell of lavender.

Character Summary:

Lullaby was raised by her grandfather (Moonshine [why, yes, I do envision and old redneck pony]) in Cloudsdale, and when he passed, was taken in by another little-known relative in Canterlot to study weather patterns. This job bored her to tears, and she relished what little time she got alone as the sun started to set. She decided not long ago to relocate to Ponyville, giving up her student status to try something she loved instead of something she was good at (though she is rather good at wrangling stray rainclouds).

In swapping all my old OCs to FiM style, I didn't take into account that there haven't been flutterponies so far in the series! For now you'll have to pardon her wings :)

lullaby.png