Bass Drop [Final]

MasterMustang

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Bass Drop

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: Sky Blue

Coat colour: Dark Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Black and Red Mane, stylized to be layered and spiky. Tail is straightened and long.

Physique: Medium height and somewhat skinny.

Cutie Mark: A booming subwoofer.

Origin/Residence: Born and raised in lower Manehattan.

Occupation: Owns a music store in Manehattan, BD’s Big Beats. He is also a musician and DJ.

Motivation: To be a big music star known for the best party music in all of Equestria. Oh, and party like there’s no tomorrow!

Likes: Dubstep genre music, the big city party scene, video games, energy drinks, hosting/DJ’ing parties, and lots of super hot mares.

Dislikes: Crazy fans, coffee, rainy days, technical difficulties, party crashers, and snoody upper-class ponies who wouldn’t know a good jam even if Celestia herself mixed them all custom tracks.

Character Summary:

Bass Drop is musician and DJ born and raised in lower Manehattan. His parents are full blooded unicorns. His dad is an acoustic engineer for Manehattan Premium Audio Inc., an audio speakers manufacturing company. His name is White Noise. It pays a good amount of bits so they live rather comfortably. Occasionally, BD’s dad would send him a prototype copy of a speaker he’s working on and have BD test it. Because of the type of work White Noise does, he works long hours and so BD never really interacted with his dad a lot, only at dinner or on his days off. Thus his mother took care of him most of the time. His mum is an up-and-coming painter in the Manehattan artist community. Her name is Chroma Canvas. She paints everything from nature to the synthetic workings of Manehattan. Her art tends to have a great emotional effect of those who view it, depending on what the painting is of. Many believe that she must infuse her art with magic but BD knows first hoof that his mom’s art only consists of her paint and vast imagination.

BD also has a sister, Fresco. She is quiet the little actress but want's to be more like their mum.

BD always loved music but he favored the bass of the drums. At an early age he tried to play drums but he couldn’t grasp it very well. However like many of his age in Manehattan, BD became very tech savvy. He learned how to produce the beats he wanted on his computer and thus the true Bass Drop was formed. As he continued in his musical experiments he found that soft dancing beats are ok, but he craved something more… something within music that takes you over and takes you for a wild ride. Bass Drop favored heavy beats with aggressive rhythms that hit you with so much awesomeness that your mind may nearly explode. His beats were a great hit with the Manehattan underground party scene such as, “Manehattan Swag” and “Discord Beatdown.” Most of his greatest beats are remixes which frustrate Bass Drop so much because he wants to be known for his own music, not tweeking others.

Personality:

Bass Drop is a very high energy youthful stallion. He needs to be active in order to function, main because of his constant diet of energy drinks and powerbars. Because of this he is usually down for any kind of physically laborous task, as long he can listen to his music.

Because of his high energy, during his concerts he has significant stage presence and his audience loves it. He can he people to go nuts with his music within a minute of his first bass drop.

BD tends to have a voracious appetite sometimes. Partying all night sometimes makes him so hungry he could eat a whole apple tree… literally… this tends to be one of his turn offs.

BD is a very loyal friend. He does whatever it takes to make his brochiefs and fillies happy. Mostly involves him DJ’ing for them personally.

Sometimes BD can be a little of a flirt. He never really had a mare-friend but when he does see a mare that he likes beyond skindeep beauty he tends to get shy quick. He has a sensitive heart when it comes to relationships and is also afraid of getting a nice mare and bucking it up.

Bass Drop HATES bullies and will get in one’s face at the sight of a pony getting picked on. BD was not popular in school and was beaten up a lot but he would always go down swinging. Now after taking some boxing lessons from the Ironflank gym in Filly for a few years he can hold his own.

Sometimes BD can come off as being obnoxious or arrogant but that is far from the truth. His social skills on a personal level are just a little sketchy. He normally means well in all his words and actions.

post-4433-0-99561100-1346380182_thumb.jp

Pretty much done. I am just waiting on a rendering of my character from someone here so I can add it to the app. Should be ready by this monday. If not, I will just go ahead and change it to Final.

Yea, I know. The guy who is doing my avatar is having some problems...

Say, question, can I get my app approved an then add visuals to it later? Also I came across another issue. I have a fellow RP'er who wants to make an OC that is Bass Drop's sister. Can I edit that later too?

Short answer: Yes, and yes.

Long answer: Yes, just make sure the other player is specific about an approved relationship between this character and her when submitting their application. Images are helpful, but not necessary. When reviewing applications, we're looking for details about the character -- images of them or their cutie marks are just icing on the cake, as they can easily be described in the text of the application. :)

Now that this app is final, I will gladly evaluate it.

Overall, this application looks VERY good! All of the required fields are filled in and it is VERY well written.

Just one minor point of confusion, you have the line:

"Roleplay Type: World of Equestria, Equestria Crossover RP"

Are you saying that this is an app for Mane RP that you plan to also use in Crossover RP? Nothing wrong with that, but I just want to make 100% sure this is what you're intending here.

Aside from this technical issue, I say this app's good to go!

:D:D:D

It's fine, MasterMuistang, but by rule, it is understood that any character approved for Mane RP can also be used in Crossover RP as well!

No problem!

:D :D :D

MasterMustang, I had a Senior RP Helper look over this app, and I totally missed the mention of the MP3 player in it.

Equestria doesn't have any complex electronics in it whatsoever. If you notice the DJ character in the cartoon (DJ Pon3) only has turntables, vinyl records and speakers. That's about as 'high-tech' Equestria gets.

You'll need to remove the MP3 mention in order for this app to be considered for Mane RP.

Remember the common 'rule of thumb' for Mane RP: "If it's not in the cartoon, then it's probably not allowed"

Oh, the electronics are an issue? I'm sorry. I saw Vinyl Scratch using speakers and DJ equipment in two episodes so I thought that it would be ok. Sorry for the extra work I'm causing... u.u

It's cool. I have a nice long writeup with the rest of the helpstaff that can potentially work through that, with suggestions on what could and what could not work RP-wise. You might have to walk a thin line and do a little research on what would be plausible in the world the ponies inhabit. In a way it's fortunate that you submitted this application because we DO need to address what kind of equipment DJs in Equestria can and can't use, since we have so many of them. Just waiting for some of them to vet it before we proceed, so just hold tight :)

[colour=#282828]

[colour=#000000]I am going to have to suggest that when you discuss the technology he uses during RP, be ultra vague. The level of technology is a tricky subject, and if we allow certain instances in, it opens the door for people fudging that line a little more until we just have a bunch of ponies who are sitting on modern computers all day, making modern music with audio programs, and we do not want that in World of Equestria RP.

At the very most, the very
highest
technology in the land, and it's not used by everyone, would be tube-based analogue stuff. And it'd be rare, and obscure to most ponies, and expensive (not to mention making the specialized parts would probably come down to very few ponies, and your character would have to really hunt around for the stuff to make the equipment, so he would not have a limitless supply). Experimental and strange to a level that most ponies would think is is a type of magic. [/colour]

And while there
may
be a hydroelectric dam, we still don't see wires connecting to the houses of other evidence that the towns are fully modernized with electricity even to a 1920s level yet. I would recommend that anything you do be pretty primitive. Even going so far as to incorporating stuff like small windmills, or pony-driven belt-driven equipment where electricity might be easier for us, because after all that would occur to ponies first. They
have
horsepower. Heck, they
ARE
horsepower. We humans have to skirt around and replicate horsepower with engines and electricity.

If you need ideas for the kinds of instruments you could potentially try to pony-ize to make "electronic" music, look into the Audion Piano, the Audio oscillator, the very first Theremin, and then simplify them further, even going so far as mechanizing some of the parts where it would make sense to a creature without opposable thumbs. You could experiment with recording simple sounds like literal bass drums and using those as someone would use samples on multiple turntables to make the music, or layer them like you would a 4-track...but with records. And when all else fails, UNICORN MAGIC.

Electronics,
definitely
no-no. No transistors. No chips, no mother boards. No MP3 Players. Nothing that uses these items. Turntables will be belt-driven machines and will run wax disks with grooves in them. Speakers and microphones will be analogue of the very simplest and earliest kind.

That being said, because Vinyl Scratch has come up with speaker cabinets twice in the show, I can let the subwoofer as a cutie mark pass. But in your RP adventures, please keep what I said in mind. The world is pastoral. Let's not usher it into the technological revolution too quickly
:)
[/colour]

[colour=#282828]AppApproved.png

[/colour]

Ok, cool. I'm going to make a few tweeks when I get a chance later and polish it out. I'll probally end up watching someone RP as Vinyl first before I try anything. I'm gunna be very careful with him.