Humanized Equestria! (apply in OOC)

CloudShimmers

Rarity continued to look through Fluttershy's phone for any strange messages ((this is really up to hinata, obviously)), but was then distracted by a diffuse glow in the corner of her eyes. She turned and looked with some surprise.

"Twilight, are you alright?"

((You can find the text message, sure. :)))

Applejack was about to protest loudly (and possibly with force) at Mandaline's swift kick to Twilight, but she was suddenly overwhelmed and feeling dizzy, paranoid. She tried to focus, slurring out out a few meaningless words. Her mind began running a slow, panicked race.

"Whaaat...?" Her green eyes were glazed slightly as she watched Mandaline's frantic searching.

Voices sounded like they were underwater and the kick rattled enough of her senses to get a better hold on on her thoughts. She wondered if Rarity was ok...magic this powerful had to be felt elsewhere besides the target which at the moment was herself. She could hear a voice....Her horn sparked a bright purple and she opened eyes quickly followed by a gasp. The voice had said "this was only a taste of my power" Twilight looked at Rarity her eyes tearing up

Rarity felt something fleeting, a strange thought of terror and dread... but it seemed that all of her friends were somehow suffering from much worse. "A-Applejack? Twilight? Twilight!" Rarity was shouting once more, now in terror and not in anger, as she rushed over to Twilight's side, Fluttershy's phone dropped onto the bed in Rarity's haste. She instinctively produced the handkerchief from before, that Twilight had used to wipe ink from herself mere minutes ago, and dabbed at Twilight's eyes. "W-whats happening?"

Tag heard Rarity scream in terror. "Are you okay? What's wrong" He stood there and checked his phone where a document was before a new title and text had been entered. "H-huh?" he highlighted the document and was about to click it. "What in the world?" the document title said "Hello"

She tried hold back the tears as she spoke. 'ok twilight this is not the time...' she thought. She looked back to Rarity and over to Applejack who was having a small struggle of her own. "This magic...if I'm right in my assumption, is what Star Swirl the Bearded experienced in his last journal entry before he vanished. All he mentioned was that it's origins we're unknown and any previous attempts to harness it failed." All she knew was that if this magic is what defeated Star Swirl how could she EVER protect her friends?

Applejack worked her way out of her daze. Magic was not something she was familiar with, and this surge in particular left her feeling rattled and empty. Empty, she thought, Almost as though some big part of her was missing...

She wrinkled her nose, trying to shake the new found loneliness. It wasn't until she ran a hand carelessly through her messy golden hair that she realized exactly how wrong everything was. A gut wrenching sob choked her. Her beloved brown hat was gone.

She hurriedly looked behind the curtains and ran a hand under the shelves. Her hat was simply not there. Not. Anywhere.

"Uh, Twilight? What was that about vanishing beards?"

"Wait... it's that kind of magic?" There were certain books that all unicorns were required to read- basic magic theory and what not- and the journals of Star Swirl were one of them. Rarity had sort of forgotten about that until now, but under the extenuating circumstances the memories came flooding mack. She had been, as a little filly, amazed, awe-inspired by the exploits of Star Swirl. And the very last entry... that had been her boogeyman, her monster in the closet. If she wasn't a good girl, some evil magic that had possibly destroyed the greatest magician ponykind had ever known- no offense to Twilight- would come to get her. And now it was actually coming to get her friends. "Tw-Twilight. I thi- I think... I think we may be horribly outclassed here." Really, she should have said the same thing with Nightmare Moon and Discord, but these threats hit on a closer, more personal level, and it was absolutely terrifying.

"Wait!? Applejack, where's your hat!?" Rarity had been looking to Applejack for some degree of comfort, but was only further horrified by Applejack's lost. That hat... it was something Rarity had rarely ever seen her friend without. Even in her most unguarded of moments. Even against Nightmare Moon and Discord. It was like a warning, a twisted warning of just how earth-shattering whatever they were up against could really be. And worst of all, that hat actually made Applejack's style! If it was gone, Applejack had nothing- nothing! Rarity felt like fainting onto a couch and screaming about this being the worst possible thing, but she managed to control herself. She didn't have her couch around this time, after all.

"And... you're... immune to magic..." That beautifully flew in the face of established magic conventions, even Rarity knew that much from her studies. It was all too much for a Lady to take in at once, really. Oh yeah, there was still Twilight's bed for usage as a couch. Rarity was dainty enough to where she wouldn't hurt Fluttershy with her own body. So she fainted right on top of Fluttershy, and whispered, more to vent than for dramatic effect.

"This is the worst. Possible. Thing..."

"Yep." Cloud looked at the food, "here let me help." He switched off the burners and popped the toast manually. "There, all better." He winked at her.

After pondering for a minute why her life seemed like a sitcom she responded to Cloud "Umm... thanks" Seeing this as an opportunity, "So, why don't I let you take over here... and..." the less then adept cook looked around. "... I'll make some juice!" the white pony hoped Cloud wouldn't ask the obvious question

"Oh, okay." Cloud sighed. as he continued to scramble the eggs. "I know its... awkward, but something happened and I'd like to know if we're going from here, or breaking it off, or somewhere in the middle?"

Lightning stood on her toes to give the taller woman a kiss on the cheek. "My beautiful princess." She giggled.

She remained sitting and hung her head and placed her hands over her face. Her headache was begining to subside and the overwhelming fear was also slowly dissapating. The only thing she could think of as the cause was that the malevolent force was moving on. Was this just a test? Had to be...it could have destroyed them right then and there if it wanted. The magic she felt was so terrifying that Rarity had fainted leaving poor Fluttershy pinned underneath her. Not that Rarity was a big, it's just that Fluttershy was...well meek. Twilight began to ponder the situation. She would have to write a report to the Princess. She would have to be notified at once. If this truly was the Evil that Star Swirl had documented then the whole of Equestria could be in danger. She remained still with her face still buried in her palms.