The Legend of Celestia: Eternal Darkness(Open)

DarkStar

Rarity and Rainbow Dash examined the rupee, with different expressions on their faces. Rainbow was suddenly suspicious all over again. That wasn't Equestrian money! Where the hay had this pony come from and brought this much bling with him? As for Rarity, her normally well mannered expression was suddenly for a brief moment the pure green of greed and envy. Her horn was screaming at her to just take the shiny pretty thing on the table. She could make so much beautiful couture from this one piece! Her eyes glowed with the idea... but no, it was another ponies. Rarity swallowed, mastered her greedy impulses.

[colour=#4b0082]"Ehehe... it would do much more than cover the cost, I am sure..."[/colour]

[colour=#00ffff]"You know where that's from, Twi?"[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" [/colour]A shrill scream rang through the air, as a yellow pegasus ran quickly and fearfully from something, [colour=#EE82EE]"Ohmygoshohmygosh!!"[/colour] The pegasus said, running faster as the alleged monster she was running from caught up to her. Upon closer examination, the pegasus was revealed to be Fluttershy, and the monster she was running from was a giant spider with a skull-like thing covering it's abdomen. Fluttershy had accidentally led the monster out of the Everfree Forest, and she was obviously scared out of her wits. Fluttershy had never seen anything like this monster, so that just added to her fear. As she was running, she ran into Twilight, and stumbled down. As soon as she got up, she quickly hid behind Twilight in a futile attempt to get the monster to stop following her.

• 1 month later...

Naturally, I couldn't help but look at everyone else in wonder... they didn't know what rupees were? If anyone, I'm sure Twilight might have known a little bit about the Piconi's currency. I've grown accustomed to it, but could it be the immense luster of the purple gem? Perhaps they weren't expecting a difference in what is used to pay for things. Then again, how could they not?... Surprisingly enough, the mare-like Rarity looked like she was practically drooling for it... honestly, what is so special about a rupee? They're everywhere!

Then, the sudden screams of a mare in the distance causes my head to snap toward the incoming sound's direction. It's not often I hear screams... but one of that magnitude mustn't be about anything good. In seconds, I spot the very thing in pursuit of yet another pegasus... the gigantic spider creature I've seen on more than one occasion. Dang pests... still, no matter how irritating, I can't just sit back and let somepony get hurt if I can help it! The terror must come to a stop... I know what I must do. For the sake of everyone in this town. Should I perish would be the difference between life and death.

Reacting in an instant as the young mare seeks our protection, I poise myself carefully as I use an empty section of the table to spring myself forth into harm's way. Now standing in between the other mares, and the terror-bringing [colour=#ff0000]skulltula[/colour]. An adult one to be specific... the massive spider closing its distance between us. Upon standing upright, I bring forth first my entrusted double-edged sword, then my shield covering my front, but still enough so that I may see what is in front of me. These creatures I have faced multiple times; though their weaknesses are clear as day, they are still formidable when they want to be. Staring into the eyes of the enormous arachnid, I make my slight charge straight for it... for the sake of everyone around me, I engage in my first small skirmish within Ponyville.

The spider raises its body to try and overpower me, and pierce me with its sharp frontal fangs... moving my shield aside, and with my floating sword, I make a quick jab to its underside, dealing slight damage to it. Though the beast is quick to retaliate, going for a berserk charge toward me. My next move is risky... but the skulltula would move too quickly as well to keep it from happening. When charging, it leaves a gap between itself and the ground... a narrow one, but sufficient one, as I myself make a charge, and with it, drop to the ground. Swinging my backside forward and sliding beneath the enemy, and in the process, slicing a little at one of its back legs. I didn't think of having my sword upward at the time... hopefully that mistake will not cost me my life. The creature's back-most left leg is severed, and the spider stumbles. Now standing in between me and the others. It just might be an easy few kills for the skulltula already, yet it seems to have its sights locked on me... clearly in the knowing of my trying to exterminate it. That much intelligence is surprising, even for a wild bug... the said bug moves quickly once more, combining a berserk charge with a powerful downward attack. It's not one I can counter easily, so I have no choice but to let my shield guard me. Though the force behind this attack is greater than before, causing me to lose my footing... and I now find myself beneath the large body of my enemy. There's only one chance left for me now... if I act quick enough. The spider then goes for the final blow... the move that will decide my fate. Its head lowers, its fangs ready... and in the next instant, a piercing noise is heard, then... stillness, and silence...

Along my route to my normal sale's place in both PonyVille and Canterlot i found a strange blue gem in the ground i had never seen something like it so i had decided to grab it and bring it along with me. But after a while i had reached PonyVille my first destination i had only sold tool's to here for weapons where never used almost ever but i had reopened my shop and set up everything as i had normally tool's here seed's here and i set that strange Gem up in a display case seeing as i may get a few bit's off it from almost anyone luckily i had brought some of my history book's to see if i could find it anywhere eventually hitting a book with almost barely decipherable text so i opened it up and began reading most of the text seeing it as ether really old history or an old pony's tale i had seen a couple mentions of royal family and hero's in green garb eventually i had found some text about the gem i had found it was a form of currency but this wasn't the only kind's of it red, purple, green, silver, gold, orange, and plenty of other colors but what i found the most interesting was that with the colors came a specific price ranges green's being the lowest and... the rest was barely legible but as i continued i had noticed a commotion coming from outside so i put the book in my bag next to my preferred protection sword and walked outside to see one of the pony's described from the book taking down a huge "skulltula" as it had said in the book i had turned around to look at my store noticing that my sing said closed i sighed and put it to open walking back in and going behind the counter hoping to get some kind of customer

• 2 weeks later...

Princess Cadence woke up and decided she should go to Ponyville to see Twilight and her friends.She got up brushed her teeth,did her hair in their normal curls thinking[colour=#ff99cc]"I should stay with Twilight today"[/colour] [colour=#000000] so she put on a nice yellow and white dress with swirls on it and packed her pajamas and more dresses.Stepping out of the crystal castle Shining Armor holding her rolling pink suitcase he put it in the chariot.Cadence said[/colour][colour=#ff99cc]"Shining I will miss you when I come back ill tell you all about"[/colour] she hugs Shining.She says one last good-bye and hops in the chariot closes the door and waves as the crystal guards fly away.