The Legend of Celestia: Eternal Darkness(Open)

DarkStar

UPDATED! 11/29/2012

OOC: Hello once again fillies and gentlecolts, and welcome to yet another roleplay that I'm hoping to kick off soon! Darkness has fallen upon the land of [colour=#a52a2a]Equestria[/colour][colour=#000000], and the [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Elements of Harmony [/colour][colour=#000000]are once again needed to stop the wicked [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Nightmare Moon[/colour][colour=#ff0000] [/colour][colour=#000000]from enshrouding not only the entire country, but the entire world in the darkness of night! Except this time... the elements are hidden a little deeper than before. Will the original [/colour][colour=#ff0000]Mane Six [/colour][colour=#000000]join the ponified [/colour][colour=#008000]Link [/colour][colour=#000000]on his quest to restore world harmony, or will [/colour][colour=#ff0000]new characters [/colour][colour=#000000]play as the main character's successors? In a world where the [/colour][colour=#008000]Legend of Zelda [/colour][colour=#000000]and [/colour][colour=#ee82ee]My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic [/colour][colour=#000000]mend as one world[/colour][colour=#000000], [/colour]the land of Hyrule is replaced with Equestria, and the Sages' medallions are replaced by the Elements of Harmony, which will aid the brave colt on his journey! I'll relieve you guys of some of the tension, and play as the main protagonist... the character that most likely might take the most damage, and go through possible emotional turmoil that's likely to occur... so what do you say? Will you join the young colt Link on his destined path to restore Equestria?(Anatagonist characters are accepted as well. ^^) If so, will you represent one of the elements and awaken in the future as a powerful sage? Or even take the role of the Mane pony that represents their respective element? I will in fact update this post based on who might choose with element...

Unfortunately, all elements are now subject to change. :/

Honesty:

Loyalty: FermataTheBasse as [colour=#ff0000]Ra[/colour][colour=#ffa500]in[/colour][colour=#ffff00]bo[/colour][colour=#008000]w[/colour] [colour=#0000ff]Da[/colour][colour=#800080]sh[/colour]

Kindness: hinata2000100 as [colour=#dda0dd]Fluttershy[/colour]

Laughter:

Generosity: FermataTheBasse as [colour=#0000cd]Rarity[/colour]

Magic: Valencetiger as [colour=#800080]Twilight Sparkle[/colour]

Other Characters: frenzyhero as [colour=#ff0000]Nightmare Moon[/colour]

Kudos to ping111 for helping me with the title! ^^

OOC thread is now open! To jump right to it, just click here

IC: 'Tis truly an incredible event... for the first time since the genesis of all life in Equestria and the world around it, a single pony of the race known as the Piconi emerges from the western border of the Everfree forest. The Piconi of the Everfree are a race of foals born in the deepest depths of the self-preserving woods. So deep into the forest in fact that nopony in Equestria had dared to tread so deeply. The only inhabitants of the Piconi province... are young colts and fillies. And they have been at such an age for their entire lives. Though this one pony in particular was born considerably more recently than the others. He still has at least some Piconi size and appearance at this point in time. Just now, the green coated, blonde maned, blue eyed unicorn had completed an important task for the sake of the entire Everfree forest, for you see... the deity of the forest had been severely cursed by a wicked mare... and this colt was the deity's only hope of breaking the curse. Though he was successful... the Deku Tree, the said deity of the Everfree, had been doomed since the start of the curse. The only good that came out of today, was most likely the things he'd obtained during this task... a small wooden shield covers a portion of his back, along with the sheathe of a small sword, small enough for a colt his age, concealed beneath the tree bark fronted shield. The handle of said sword protruding from the shield's top left. This sword being none other than one of the Everfree forest's ultimate treasures, the Piconi Sword. As of now, he can be seen having a running start in the middle of a path toward his destination... Canterlot. Where he had been instructed to meet and speak with the [colour=#ff0000]princess of Equestria[/colour][colour=#000000]. From then on... his quest shall begin, to try and stop an imminent threat at hoof.[/colour]

(Okay, here's our official start, everypony! Best of luck to all!)

The open area that was waiting for me just beyond the edge of my massive forest for a home... it's far beyond everything I could ever imagine of it. I was always told that there would only be monsters and a vile setting... but what I was expecting, was the exact opposite of all the stories told in the Piconi Forest... the soft, plush, green grass beneath my hooves grows freely, and the sky is the most beautiful shade of blue! The clouds are in a perfect arrangement... almost as if somepony had specifically organized them! The sun placed in such a way at this point in time that the sky just looks almost too perfect... as I continue along a trail I've found during my travel. At first... I literally had a running start after first seeing the beautiful field before me, but I then realized that I would need energy as well. Energy for more important things... once all of Equestria is saved, then I can enjoy the grass and the sky all I want! Knowing this, I slowed to a decent trotting speed and continued on my way.

It had been a few hours since I began my journey... and it clearly began just after I had broken the curse of the Piconi Forest. I'm surely glad I took at least an hour's worth of sleep before setting out on such an adventure. If I hadn't, then I might just feel a little more beat than I do now. I know where I'm going, and I know that the direction I'm heading is north... that is the direction I must go if I am to arrive at this 'Canterlot' that I've heard so much about... though I am a little hungry. Darn... having the Piconi Sword sheathed on my back in case I need to fight, and a wooden shield to defend myself in my possession is one thing... I even brought my wallet with me. But how could I forget to purchase food? One of the most vital things for common survival?...

and this is when fortune smiles upon me...

I spot a small town in the distance... could it be an illusion? I wonder... but either way, I couldn't help but follow my gut feeling, as I speed up into a gallop toward the supposed town in the distance that seemed to be in the right place at the right time... it happens to lie reasonably so along my path. Several minutes pass, and I finally arrive at the very limits of the town... and I can immediately see other ponies, clearly a lot older than a colt like me... thriving in this town! Everything is structurally sound... to put simply, everything is just... happy. Though, I feel so insignificant... look at me, I'm all green in coat, with a slightly messy blonde mane covered by a green cap... my shield on my back probably making me stick out like a sore hoof, not to mention the sword handle protruding from the shield's upper left... nervously, I tread even further, and officially crossing the town's limits. Examining everything with my blue eyes. At this point in time, for something to eat.

((As fun as first person would be, for the sake of Chrysalis I must type in third person.))

A blur blur whirred through the skies above Ponyville, trailing a dull whistling noise that sliced through the air as she made a nuisance of herself. It was around this time of day that Rainbow Dash was normally asleep, but she was up and sprightly, so perhaps something had afflicted her to not waste away her day sleeping. Her hair whipped in the wind, her eyes watered with the harsh headwinds irritating them, but nopony who could catch a glimpse of her could miss the huge smile plastered on her face. Of course, everpony knew that this is what their resident fastest pegasus in all of Equestria- most cities in Equestria possessing at least two pegasi who made this boast- loved to do, and they would probably spare it no second thought. Rainbow Dash began banking to her left, to pass over town hall before she continued on her route. The spire of the tower loomed before her.

Then, she forced herself to slow down almost instantaneously, the shocking reversal of momentum nearly flattening her in midair. Rainbow Dash had enough control to merely skid to a halt in midair, rather than careening off into the distance, but the maneuver was instinctual and unnoticed by it's executor despite the skill involved. Rainbow Dash was distracted, by a mysterious blonde colt wandering the streets below. It was not explicitly Rainbow Dashes job to keep track of newcomers to the town, and she normally payed them no mind unless they sought after her. But this one was different. It was perhaps the somewhat otherworldly aura he projected. Or perhaps it was the two items on his back, which Rainbow Dash recognized from a museum dedicated to the legendary Commander Hurricane she had visited as a child in Cloudsdale. A sword and shield, weapons. Weapons were rare and rarely used in modern day Equestria.

An eyebrow shot up, and Rainbow Dash had a quick decision to make. A newcomer was one thing, an armed newcomer was something else altogether. Rainbow Dash felt it would at least be prudent to warn Twilight and the girls. As the bearers of Harmony, they were the go-to six for incidents in Ponyville. Silently as a mouse, making sure her zooming off would not reach the ears of that stranger colt on the ground, Rainbow Dash bolted off. The library wasn't far, and Rainbow made it in a good few seconds. A quick hoof slammed inelegantly onto one of Twilight's windows.

"Twilight! There's a colt in town with weapons on him! Think this might be a problem?"

-----

"Please do come again, sir." Rarity saw a customer out, bowing graciously as he made off with one of her products. She had been rather proud of that piece, a suit jacket which she had altered to fit dashingly onto the stallion who had bought it. She was sure he'd be the talk of the next formal he attended, and when they asked him who had made his product, Rarity's name would be spread to another audience of Equestrian elite. Rarity smiled to herself. Business was better than ever, and Carousel Boutique was on the precipice of major success. A night out would do her wonders, and she could invite all her friends along! It seemed like it had been a while since they had all met. Rarity resolved then and there that they would go out for a night on Canterlot's most trendy hotspots. A fine dining establishment to start, and Pinkie would be sure to love a club...

Rarity was walking, lost in her thoughts and unable to notice until she very nearly bumped into a colt out on the streets. She caught herself at the last second, when her vision finally managed to warn her of the danger. A step back, and a sheepish look and blush on her face.

"Oh my. Sorry sir, I didn't see you there."

Rarity registered a green colt with blonde hair and a similarly green cap. A bit of a bland look, perhaps, but Rarity got the sense that there was something more to this fellow than a simply rustic style...

"Have you just come here?"

Twilight awoke that morning like almost every other, her face in the pages of a book she had been reading the night before, the library a mess, and Spike snoring like a pig. Getting up from the oak wood table, she stretched out her sore muscles...dear Celestia, she really should stop falling asleep like that, for it was doing nothing but hindering her when she'd wake up. Grumbling slightly, she looked out the window to see the sun rising, smiling tiredly as it illuminated the town outside in a fiery orange glow.

"Just another day here in Ponyville..." Twilight muttered to herself, not quite excited, but neither was she disappointed. Trotting away from the window, she went to her dresser upstairs, taking a look in the mirror and finding that her mane was a complete mess! Sighing, the unicorn's horn glowed as a manebrush flew over, beginning to comb out the curls and snags. After nearly half an hour of grooming, her hair looked as good as always, with its dark gray shine and illuminated pink and purple streaks. Turning from her dresser, fully satisfied, she began to clean up the library as quietly as possible, letting her assistant Spike get some extra sleep. Using a variety of spells, Twilight put the piles of books away in their respective areas, dusted the shelves, swept the floor...just the basic chores that she or Spike did every day. Some ponies might have figured this routine as boring or uneventful, but Twilight didn't mind it...it gave her a sense of normality in this crazy town of lovable ponies.

Shortly after cleaning up, Spike had awoken from his sleep, grouchy as he normally was...until he had a couple of gems to snack on, of course. Once he had eaten, the two of them got back into the books, Twilight having decided to read a few tomes on mysterious pony cultures and tribes hidden within many of Equestria's forests, for she had felt a strange urge to do so. During her studies, she came across a passage of a special secluded group of ponies in the Piconi Forest, seeing some artistic drawings of their clothing and homes. One drawing in particular drew her interest, that of a colt wearing a full garb of green. Now, why would they wear something like that...? Before she was able to get back into the book, she heard a rapid, urgent set of bangs from one of her windows. Putting the book down, she went over to the window where the knocks were coming from, surprised to see Rainbow Dash there. Opening it, she showed a warm smile and greeted the rainbow-maned pegasus.

"Hey there, Rainbow Dash! What's the matter?" Upon hearing what her friend said on the stranger, she looked puzzled and put a hoof below her chin. "Well...that is rather odd. What is he doing, exactly? Is he dressed like one of the guards at Canterlot?"

The structures' styles are very uniform in a sense, but they're all just... so different, so different from the simple objects chosen to hold business, and even as homes that I'm used to... and for the first time, I actually have something to regret about leaving my home, despite the fact that everypony in the forest practically hates me now... they blame me for the death of our deity... our father. Well... almost everypony, anyway. Yet I still start to miss the bed I would sleep in every night... the stump for a table in the center, the ceramic pots and various containers that lined the edges of my one room treehouse... I'm starting to miss climbing down the ladder of my deck... but before I could let it get to me, I decide to shake it off. I've got a job to do! After the purchase of food for the road ahead, it's straight to Canterlot! I huff a breath, and continue on.

That is... until an imminent collision occurs.

Somehow, I hadn't seen it coming... and was therefore unable to avoid the mare that I had just bumped into. If this were a battle for my life... I could have sustained a major wound, or worse... killed, with a single stroke from my opponent... I have to keep this in mind next time. Though in this case, I suppose I can cut myself some slack. This is a town, after all... I'm sure there are plenty of ponies who forget to look where they're going, but this mare... she kind of caught me off guard. Not that I'm getting any ideas, but a pony with physical beauty such as her's just simply can't go unnoticed! ...Hopefully her character is as glamorous as her looks. Just the fillies back in the forest have given me a good example on the deception of looks... on more than one occasion! There's always the potential that somepony could be a threat at any given time, therefore I can't help but keep a sort of defense up. Any false moves and she might have a little... trouble.. on her hooves. Still, my cheeks manage to burn up a little at the sight of her... I just can't help myself. But I manage to shake it off again, and at least show courtesy to reply to her.

"Oh, that's okay... as a matter of fact, I have! Say, um... I'm sure you're busy, but I was wondering if you could direct me to a place to grab something to eat?"

Rainbow Dash thought about it for a second, hoof inquisitively poking at chin.

"... No, and that's the problem. I mean, the Royal Guard don't even carry weapons! He's about this tall," Rainbow explained by holding her hooves apart to a height similar to the two present mare's own heights. "He's really really green, and he has a cap the same color as his coat, and he's blonde... And he's kind of cute. You should hook up with him, Twi." Rainbow Dash grinned cockily and rested her forehooves onto Twilight's windowsill. "Seriously though, what should we do?"

-----

Rarity was more than trained enough in the art of the dress reading other ponies to detect Link's ever so slight blush. Of course, ponies could always blush when they were frustrated or embarrassed, but something told Rarity this was more than that. Namely, her own admittedly large ego. He was also stammering a bit, which again could have meant any number of things that Rarity's ego extrapolated to determine that the colt was admiring her beauty. She was flattered, of course, but it didn't show. It would have been a faux pas to allow herself to let slip anything when they were barely even acquainted. Unless the colt was in dire need of a makeover, in which case Rarity would have thrown aside her own sensibilities to save him. But he was well off, if plain.

"I would love to, sir. There are eateries..." Rarity had been about to point in the direction of Sugarcube Corner, her general first thought when it came to food outside of home. But she caught herself, thinking that it would be prudent of her to spare Link the trouble of Pinkie Pie. They would cross that bridge when they got to it. "... This way." Rarity pointed down the street towards another place she knew, not divine cooking by any standards, but a homely place for a quick bite to eat. "Mind if I accompany you?"

"Really...? That's awfully strange...wait, did you say he wore all green? With a long, pointy triangular hat?" Twilight pointedly ignored Rainbow's suggestion about the colt, for she simply had no time to think about such things...but it was rather interesting, hearing what Rainbow told her about the strange newcomer. Could it be that he's...? Looking over at the book, she but on a smile, knowing that she would have to find out herself. Her horn glowed as she magically brought the book and her saddlebags over, placing the special contents inside the bags and tying it around her waist. "Well, let's go have a talk with him...see what he is about. If he hasn't caused any trouble yet, I doubt he will now. Besides, I'm sure he'll be friendly! I'll be right back, meet me out front."

Closing the window behind her, she rushed over to the door, shouting for Spike to come along. The baby dragon would come down the steps with a curious expression. "What's the commotion, Twilight?" Spike asked, putting the pen and quill he had away on a nearby table. Afterwards, he climbed onto Twilight's back as she opened the door and stepped outside. "There's a new pony in town, and he's giving Rainbow Dash a shaky feeling...kind of makes me wonder if she's fallen for him." The two of them giggled at the idea as Twilight trotted out into the open. "Rainbow! Let's go! Can't keep the newcomer waiting, can we?"

Things seem to be progressing at such an alarming rate... striking probably one of the only fears I've ever had so far, the fear of being able to keep up with the moment! Things were just so much easier before the sudden crisis-to-be just beyond... now things seem to be happening at almost light speed. Maybe even a little beyond! Well... I guess I'll just have to get used to it. If I can act fast during battle, then a simple social situation should be child's play. And the mare's sudden showing of kindness... the fact that she's willing to take even a little time out of her day to help out a stranger; it's remarkable, admirable even. Could I have been wrong about her? With the fact that she could just as easily have left me on my own again... maybe she really is beautiful both outside and inside...

"Oh... sure, if you want to! Thanks a bunch!" I exclaimed with true and vivid excitement, as I manage to get a little carried away and start to gallop... but before I could get beyond five paces, I stop dead in my tracks as I have to remind myself... I'm dealing with a mare, here! Probably a little older than me, too... I have to slow down. Maybe the ponies here just aren't as energetic. Happy, maybe, but maybe not the same drive to want to hop and run around everywhere. "Right... you can even lead the way, too!" I start to calm down reasonably so... keeping a mutual smile as I allow my pace to slow considerably, then finish with a little offer for her trouble, "And since you've been so nice, I'll even buy you something when we get there." I have obtained plenty of rupees at the moment... I should be able to buy her something with no problems! I have at least a hundred that I saved up in the forest! They're all in a little sack wallet that I'm carrying around... along with a saddlebag that makes everything in it feel weightless, and I can fit quite a few things into it. Right now there's a bunch of sticks, Piconi nuts and seeds, a slingshot, and an ocarina! I still have yet to practice with it... and my stock would be even better when I obtain something to eat, I don't even care what it is...

(Gotta have something for my inventory. :P)

"Sounds like a plan." Rainbow Dash removed her hooves from the windowsill before Twilight closed it, then she hovered outside, wings beating idly as she scanned the horizon. Beyond being annoyed by Twilight's pointed ignorance of her jibe, Rainbow also had the strangest inkling. It wasn't explicitly ominous, but it sure as hay wasn't clear. It wasn't like she was Pinkie. It was a cloud in her normally clear if a bit simplistic mind, and it bugged her to no end. Rainbow even went so far as to jab herself lightly in the head a few times, as if that could clear the strange nebulous idea that was in her brain. She stopped when she saw Twilight, then floated down to her.

"Alright! Race ya!" Before Twilight could say anything in response Rainbow Dash would have already zoomed off into the distance.

----

For a second Rarity had sworn that Link was about to take off running. The energy in his demeanor reminded her oddly of ponies like the Cutie Mark Crusaders, with their boundless and semi-destructive zeal for obtaining their marks. He stopped himself and offered Rarity the lead, but he had already made clear that much about himself. Rarity supposed he might be from a big city where life was more hectic, but that didn't explain his strange hat. No, she would have to learn more.

"Well that's quite nice of you, it is getting close to lunch time." Rarity led the duo towards the bakery she had in mind. "I suppose we should introduce ourselves? I am Rarity, I own a boutique in the area." Rarity reached the door of the store and held it open. Chivalry was nice and all, but she didn't have the right to expect it. She had reached the door first. "After you." Rarity smiled at Link and gestured for him to pass. She thought of what she had in her inventory on her at the moment, then realized that she hadn't brought anything along with her when leaving the boutique. She didn't even have the bits for her own meal. Rarity thought with some embarrassing that it had been fortunate that the strange colt had offered to pay... At that moment Rarity's thoughts were interrupted by a flash of rainbow and a rustle of wind past them.

"Wh-what? Rainbow?"

-----

Rainbow Dash, just moments before crashing facefirst into the wall of a nearby building, remembered why aerial races through the city were a bad idea.

Twilight opened her mouth, about to tell Rainbow that racing through town wasn't the smartest idea, but her pegasus friend dashed off before she could say a word. Sighing, she glanced at Spike in exasperation, who shrugged in response. Knowing how hot-headed Rainbow could be, she trotted off after her, going at her own pace so as to not tire herself. Passing by many of the fellow ponies in town, Twilight offered greetings and salutations to them, smiling all the while. She was in no hurry to get there...but surprisingly she managed to catch up to Rainbow in time to see her pick herself up from the ground after her crash.

Crossing the street to help her, Twilight checked her friend for any injuries, but eventually decided that there was nothing more than a few bruises. "...you should be more careful, Rainbow Dash. You don't want to break your wing and be in the hospital again do you?" Spike gave Rainbow one look before bursting out into laughter, falling off Twilight's back and rolling about, clutching his stomach. "...HAHAHA! Rainbow Crash strikes again! He he he...!" Twilight scowled at Spike, quickly silencing him. The baby dragon blushed, and looked away. "Eh...sorry, Rainbow." Twilight nodded, smiling again as she gestured to the bakery she had seen Rarity at on her way over. "It looks like Rarity beat us to him."

"It's nothing, really." I reply and keep a steady pace along with the pure white female... and I notice right away, that there's a mark on her flank too! ...So does everypony outside of the forest have a mark like that? I look around me once more... and my conclusion is confirmed. Other ponies as well have marks, just like her, yet they're different in look... in her case, three diamonds. I wonder... do I have one by any chance? It hadn't occurred to me until now... I mean, I hardly even think twice about looking behind me unless I'm certain that something or someone is behind me. With a quick glance, I notice... I don't have one. But why?... everypony else does. Well, maybe I'm just different, and besides, a little mark on my flank is hardly the difference between me and the future ahead. My attention immediately redirects to her as I respond to her introduction, "Rarity?... yeah, no kidding!* I mean, er... I'm Link, and, well... I'm just a colt from the Piconi Forest." I reply solemnly, knowing for sure that she's obviously in a better position at the moment, but at least I have a job to do as well!

As we tread on further along the road toward wherever it is she's taking me, my eyes continue to wander in a way that can't really be helped, though as we arrived, my eyes were locked on the inside of what had a very interesting, and wonderful aroma! Hopefully that doesn't add to the food items' price too much... though at least, I've never seen food being priced at a hundred or so rupees, so I should have enough to buy something... hopefully two things. The last thing I want to do is break my promise...

...And my attention is suddenly cut off as Rarity and I have both reacted almost simultaneously. I too have heard the sudden crash... is that normal around here? If so, then I might have to watch my head a little more often if the average pegasus around here is that clumsy! Either that, or... could we be under attack? Is the wicked mare that was described to me already beginning her assault? Tons of questions flood my mind until I rush outside again to assess the situation... my horn glowing with a green aura, and the same kind of said aura surrounds the handle of my sword, just in case I need to pull it out at a moment's notice... until I realize that it's only a single pegasus that crashed into a wall. With a sigh of relief, I disable the telekinetic magic on my sword's handle, and begin to trot back into the bakery...

*Referring to the meaning of Rarity's name.

Rainbow rubbed at her aching head, groaning. "Well I did start reading Daring Do while I was in the hospital. I'm sure you could give me some other awesome thing to..." Rainbow trailed off at that to shoot Spike the dirtiest glare she could. It had been years ago, true, but that nickname was still a sore spot for her. "Low blow man, low blow... Oh hey Rarity." Rainbow Dash looked over to where Rarity and Link were, her eyes slightly unfocused as she was still recovering from the shock of the crash. There was Rarity, dolled up as usual; and there was... oh wait, that was him. Rainbow looked at Twilight dumbly. "Twilight. That's the guy I was talking about."

"Rainbow Dash, do sit down. That crash really threw you off, it seems." ​Still dazed, Rainbow Dash followed the order unquestioningly. Rarity failed to stifle a giggle before she turned to Twilight. "Twilight, dear. This is Link, a colt from the, uh..." It was now that Rarity realized that she had no knowledge about what Link had said. "... Piconi Forest? That's it."

Twilight looked at the strange colt with a curious expression, studying him as if he were some bizarre species that just waltzed out of the Everfree Forest. Her ears perked up at hearing about how Link had come out of the Piconi Forest, and her questioning expression turned into a smile. So...this was one of those Piconi ponies...he looked slightly different from the drawings in the book, but not by much. Now that Rainbow mentioned it, he was rather good-looking. Reddening a bit in her cheeks, she laughed a bit nervously.

"Um...Hi, Link. It's nice to meet you." Twilight said calmly, keeping her composure on the outside. Spike just eyed Link quietly with a suspicious expression. "...yeah, good to meet you, I'm Spike." Something about Link threw Spike off a bit, but he couldn't tell what it was...just an odd feeding, he guessed. Giving a shrug, he hopped down from Twilight's back and sat down. Twilight took a seat as well, unstrapping her satchel and placing it aside. "The Piconi Forest, huh? I was actually reading a little bit about that place this morning...although the information isn't as complete as one would hope. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions? If not, I completely understand...you must be exhausted from the trip here."

The idea of a pegasus crashing into a building is strange... but the idea that Rarity even knows that pony in the first place is something else entirely! Even the purple one... well, I'm not sure what shade, since I have not been very specific about colors, so I can only make out her general color. I hadn't even bothered to think twice about the other two mares. Does that make me rude?... I'm uncertain, but with the way the moment is going, I must not have done anything wrong just yet. I can make out at least three words that were out of the ordinary when Rarity had referred to the other two... Rainbow Dash must refer to the rainbow maned and tailed mare, at least that's the only sense I can make of it, and the purple one must be Twilight. Hmph... for some reason, I feel awfully strange hearing the word 'twilight' at the moment.

For the first time in a matter of nearly a minute, I acknowledge the existence of the other two ponies, and what I believe is a baby dragon... wow! I've never seen a dragon of any kind in my whole life, and this one at least isn't dangerous... I am not too confident in the idea of facing a full grown dragon just yet. Would my sword even put a scratch in one?... I wonder, but then realize that once again I'm beginning to wander instead of wonder. With this, I turn my attention to the moment again. "Of course, it's nice to meet you too, Twilight, Spike, Rainbow Dash." I reply, and then start to question the idea of a pony outside of the forest even having the ability to have any sort of documentation on my home land... never once have I ever seen an outsider, let alone anyone studying us, though her further explanation leads me to believe that our kind is featured in some sort of tale... maybe? I decide not to think about it right now, and to keep my mind in the moment... "Yep, this is my first day away from that place, too... but there's no turning back now! In the meantime, feel free to ask away!"

"So the place actually exists then? Figures Twilight would know about it." Rainbow Dash was already up and about and back to her old brash self, and she had approached Link, faces virtually touching as Rainbow Dash scrutinized Link with all of her suspicion. "So... why did you come here, huh? Got anything to hide?"

Between Twilight's rude interrogation and Rainbow Dash's even ruder one, Rarity was one step away from having an aneurysm- not that it showed- but she exhaled with slightly more emphasis than she normally did and was fine. She reproached Twilight, "Darlings, we should all eat and converse in a more relaxed before any interrogations ensue. That goes for both of you," Rarity glanced at Rainbow Dash and ever so slightly emphasized her words to make her point clear. Rainbow Dash grunted and backed off to a normal distance.

"Just being sure. Question still stands though!"

Looking embarrassed and sitting back, Twilight offered an apology to Link, knowing that Rarity was right. Oh, but this was surely exciting...! A pony, from the Piconi Forest...! Something that was supposed to be a foal's tale, and found only in storybooks...actually existing right before her very eyes! It was almost too much to handle...but Twilight restrained herself and cleared her throatt.

"...uh, yes. You're absolutely right, Rarity. I'm just rushing a bit ahead of myself...! This is interesting, however..." As if to divert from the subject, Twilight took up one of the menus to find what she and Spike wanted, while the baby dragon fetched the bits from the satchel for their meal.

(OOC: Mama Rarity strikes again, it seems :P )

(Mama knows best! ^^)

To be honest... in the first place, I had never a single problem with the two mares before me, but for some reason, Rainbow Dash shows on the outside a sort of rejection... a barrier between me and making friends with these ponies before me. Though, I do feel offended at the same time, that the pegasus would accuse me of keeping sinister secrets... I may be the bearer of weapons, but never once had I drawn my sword against anypony here! Let alone the fact that I never had a good reason to, even now... though I am hardly afraid of Rainbow Dash. The monsters that cursed my forest look scarier than her without a doubt, and it's most likely this known fact that the only thing she got in return was my serious expression that I seem to shoot back at her for invading my personal space... attempting for a second to pierce her with my blue eyed gaze. I actually had to refrain from challenging this mare to a one-on-one duel; to prove her worth to even ask me anything if she continues to treat me this way... maybe she has a problem with me, well... at least I won't be here long.

"I will assure you right now, I mean you no harm. I have nothing to hide... I just want something to eat. Don't worry; after this, I'll be right back on the road." I point out, mainly to Rainbow Dash with an indifferent disposition. "And this doesn't necessarily have to be an interrogation method as you put it. I'll gladly tell you anything you want to know without resistance."

Rainbow didn't r truly back off, even when Rarity told her to stay away she kept her gaze focused squarely on him. It was important that at least one girl in the group have the gall to be suspicious of strangers! What if they had another changeling attack? She turned her head slightly, eyes narrowing when Link spoke. After a second of heavy contemplation, where her eyes didn't shift an inch, Rainbow finally spoke:

"Alright, alright. You check out, I guess." Still suspicious, Rainbow sat in her own seat with a small huff, carelessly grabbing a menu out of a waiter pony's hands and ignoring his startled grunt.

Rarity sighed at Rainbow's brusqueness. At least Twilight was being more reasonable, and Rarity regarded her fellow unicorn with a small smile of approval. "I was simply concerned, that we were all getting off on the wrong hoof." Rarity took her own seat, carefully and mannerly in comparison to her brooding cyan pegasus friend, and politely asked the waiter for a menu which she graciously received. Magically levitating the menu before her, careful not to cover her eyes so that she could continue to make eye contact with the others.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather impressive, really. She just might be a match for me if I couldn't pierce with my gaze... either that, or I have a lot to learn. With Rainbow Dash's persistence and sureness of the possibility that I just might do something unspeakably horrible to this town on a large scale starting at the upper quartile of threat. I give a light sigh and sit back to try and relax... but all the suspicion makes such a disposition almost impossible to reach. Then, I suddenly remembered the predicament of paying for my meal. As soon as the menu arrived, I couldn't help but be dumbfounded at the currency... bits? I don't have any bits! Well... then all I can do now I guess, is to hope for their possible acceptance of another currency...

[colour=#008000]"Hmph... speaking of checking out," [/colour][colour=#000000]I mumble, and a glow starts to emit from my horn. With it, came a standard youngster's leather sack wallet. Loosening the strings at the neck of the sack, I extract with a psycho-kinetic grip, a quartz purple gem... this one alone makes up half of my wallet's value. 50 rupees in value, to be exact.[/colour][colour=#008000] "I sure hope this covers it..." [/colour][colour=#000000]I say with a slightly nervous tone, as I set the purple rupee in the center of the table.[/colour]