A Nature Expedition (QueenChrysalis747 and TheInvisiblePony)

TheInvisiblePony

Fantasy blinked, unsure what to make of the sentiment, but, at least he was happy. The peck on her cheek caught her off guard, but it wasn't bad at all. She grinned and nodded to agree with him, before turning her thoughts to the question. Well, she certainly didn't have anything planned after the whole dungeon thing, sooo... she figured she ask him.

[colour=#800080]"Well, I don't know. I don't suppose you have anything planned?"[/colour] She looked at him in earnest, but kept thinking.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shrugged, "up for a hike?" he asked, "we could take an adventure to Ponyville" he grinned, "went there once, i traveled through the mountains and Everfree, that was fun," he said to her, "but your call"

Fantasy tossed the idea in her head a little bit. Of course, she didn't really have any better ideas, so she nodded. While she did that, she tried to recall what Ponyville was like. If memory served her, it was a quiet little village. She had actually been there a few times herself, mainly to sell her wares. She had varying levels of success, but other than business experience and a general idea, she didn't know much about the place. Well, outside of what she's read of the history, anyways.

[colour=#800080]"Ponyville... sure! Sounds delightful, really."[/colour] She spoke happily, and stood up to stretch her legs. She was always one for a little adventure, although going all the way to Ponyville would be immensely time consuming. Actually, that did present itself as a problem, mainly because, well, a lack of food. She wasn't currently hungry, but that didn't guarantee anything in the future. Fantasy figured now was as good a time as any to voice her concerns. [colour=#800080]"Although, I don't suppose you'd have any methods to secure some supplies? We could always stop by Canterlot as a sort of pitstop, or, you know, scrounge about the forest for fruits and such. I'd imagine your a bit more resourceful than myself around these parts."[/colour]

He shrugged, "Your call really, it would take us about an hour to scrounge for what we would need as far as food goes," he said, "or we could go buy it and only spend 10 minutes," he said, even if he hated going into Canterlot, too many ponies, he was bad in crowds.

Well... a decision. Fantasy weighed her options. The ten minute estimation sounded fairly accurate, especially since she knew her way around, given that she had kinda been raised there. There wasn't many back alleys to her recollection, but she had always gotten around fine. Well, that settled that. Satisfied with her solution she decided it would probably be a good idea to share it. Well, more necessary than good. It wasn't like she couldn't share it at this point, but that was fairly obvious.

[colour=#800080]"My vote's for Canterlot. It is a bit busy, I'll admit, but unless things have drastically changed you and I both have a decent idea of how to get around. Of course, now that I think about it, I'd have to think about any sort of food..."[/colour]

Fantasy tried to think of any place in particular (outside of food stalls... she had never truly cared for those) but she really only ever bothered to remember where the bookstores were. Funny, but not terribly unexpected. After a second or two of collecting thoughts, she remembered a small deli. Not much, but it might do. [colour=#800080]"Actually, I believe I recall just the place. Now, not to rush things, but with a plan in hoof, we really shouldn't tally".[/colour]

She smiled the smile that was often on those who had a decent plan, and did a brief trot around the clearing, mainly to don her cape and hat. She then turned and focused her smile on Darkness. [colour=#800080]"A brief detour is all this visit should prove to be. We'll be out and on our to Ponyville before you know it!"[/colour]

Darkness nodded to her with a small smile and began to follow her to town as he looked back at the lake one last time, it might be a little while before he sets hoof in there again, but Ponyville was a quaint little town that he always enjoyed to visit, very lovely ponies down there, so friendly and warm!

As Fantasy approached the bushes which acted as a gate to the sanctuary of nature, she turned back to see Darkness presumably saying his goodbyes to the place. Fairly reasonable, she mused. She probably would have done the same, had she had a place that meant this much to her. Not wanting to cut anything short (that would be terribly impolite) she waited where she was and allowed him to carry one. A goodbye to a clearing shouldn't take too long, and then they'd be on their way.

As she stood there, she decided to focus on a sense of direction. She knew Darkness was basically a walking map, but she didn't want to entirely rely on his talent. Or, maybe it was just a natural instinct of an adventurer. Regardless, she started mentally mapping out what she knew of the area, and between her memory and the sun, it wasn't long before she had a general idea as to where they were headed, trees blocking her view or not.

Darkness soon trotted to her side and looked down to canterlot and sighed as he turned to her, "Come on, we just want to get in and out," he looked back at the city, "I don't like crowds" he said simply as he waited for her to take lead on this mini adventure...at least Canterlot always seemed like that to him!

Fantasy was always amazed at how close everything could be in Equestria. Or maybe she had a poor sense of time. Regardless, it didn't take long for them to arrive at the city. Looking over her shoulder to the pegasus, she flashed a reassuring smile. She certainly knew where he was coming from, having been there countless times herself. Hay, she was still rendered nigh-catatonic from large enough crowds, thanks to all those parties she'd been ill-equipped to handle as a foal. But, her aversion to crowds did manifest in a few interesting ways as she grew up in the city. Mainly, a knowledge of the few back alleys the capital had.

[colour=#800080]"Not to fear, Mr. Eclipsed, I know Canterlot like the back of my hoof. Stick with me, and I doubt we'll run into any group larger than the odd pair!"[/colour] She quickly changed her smile to that of one who knows what she's doing, and indeed in a few twists and turns down some streets, she did manage to find the store she had in mind. It hadn't taken that long to find the place, really. Even better, the store was a bit run-down for upper-class standards, so there wasn't even many ponies inside. She turned towards Darkness and stood with a slight triumphant pose as she held the door open for the pegasus. [colour=#800080]"After you."[/colour]

He blushed ever so lightly but dipped his head as he ducked inside and looked around with a smile, "good, a quaint little shoppe, I like these very much," he smiled warmly, "I suggest we split up just to get this over faster," he turned to the mare behind the counter, "no offense ma'am," he quickly added to ensure she didn't take it as he didn't like the place, "It is a lovely shop but it is just we are on a tight schedule," She smiled, "It is no problem, please do not worry" she said warmly and he nodded to her.

Fantasy nodded towards the shopkeeper as well. In Canterlot in particular, she knew you never wanted a negative reputation. Well, that, and being nice was generally a polite thing to do. However, Darkness' suggestion for efficiency rung true with her, so she nodded towards him as well. With that in mind, she turned and walked down one of the numerous hallways and started looking for particular things that looked good.